Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing Gamestop is good for is if there's a game you're willing to buy for full price on release day and they have some exclusive DLC for it (for me that game is Deus Ex 3). For everything else, I shop anywhere but Gamestop.

[quote name='An J0e']Cag16 is gone.... well damn.

Someone said that it was because they saw this cheapassgamer (i got that from like page 30 of this thread); think this is their way of getting back at the space chimps fiasco.

i only bought from them when they had a used item on sale and i could stack edge and cag16, so i might actually start buying new again, and if I'm buying new it probable wont be from them.[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking shitting me?

Damn, that's the end of an era.

[quote name='An J0e']Cag16 is gone.... well damn.

Someone said that it was because they saw this cheapassgamer (i got that from like page 30 of this thread); think this is their way of getting back at the space chimps fiasco.

i only bought from them when they had a used item on sale and i could stack edge and cag16, so i might actually start buying new again, and if I'm buying new it probable wont be from them.[/QUOTE]

WHAT THE fuckING SHIT!

You know what? I blame all of you. Each and every one of you bitched about gamestop for the pettiest little shit. "GUTTED GAMES! PRICE TAGS! I HATE GAMESTOP BECAUSE I BUTTSEX AMAZON! GAMESTOP SALES SUCK EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE SOMETIMES GOOD! I WANT 80% OFF NEW GAMES DAY OF RELEASE!!!! fuck!". Well, if I was a gamestop rep and saw that, I wouldn't be sucking on CAG's nipples either. fuck all of you for bitching about gamestop. We just lost money because you were butthurt about stickers and paper sleeves. I'd like to leave everyone who ever bitched about gamestop on this website with this sentiment...

die_in_fire.jpg

20PRE - 20% off in-stock pre-owned games and pre-owned accessories. Excludes bundles, kinect, consoles and handhelds. Valid for online orders only. Expires 3/31/11

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Are you fucking shitting me?

Damn, that's the end of an era.[/QUOTE]

There's bound to be some glitch at some point. We'll just have to patient about it.

[quote name='eastx']20PRE - 20% off in-stock pre-owned games and pre-owned accessories. Excludes bundles, kinect, consoles and handhelds. Valid for online orders only. Expires 3/31/11[/QUOTE]

This seems to stack with my Edge card for 30% off but I don't know if there's anything I really want. Hmmm

[quote name='blindinglights']This seems to stack with my Edge card for 30% off but I don't know if there's anything I really want. Hmmm[/QUOTE]

Seems to stack with powerup too for 30% off. The 10% comes first and than the 20% is applied to that new price. I proceeded through checkout up until payment so looked like it was going to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, 20PRE stacks with PowerUp/Edge. Successfully ordered a game at 30% off. I hate how they still tax you for the original, non-discounted price.

And also forgot to mention free shipping on orders with two or more items. Forgot to try that and just did. 30% off and FS with two or more items is actually a good deal, I'm dumbfounded.

Going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume only my single order being horribly packed is all an exceptional case (and/or only for GCN games).

CAG16 still works (though it won't stack with 20PRE, so no use till the end of the month)

SAVER no longer works. Anything that stacks with 20PRE?

Also, if anyone cares, a plain power up rewards gives a 5 dollar off coupon starting on your Birthday and expiring the end of the next month. Which sounds amazing untill you learn it is in-store only, and only valid on a single used item that is $20+

Edit:VSHIP stacks with 20PRE, but must be entered before (it isn't seen as valid otherwise)

[quote name='ackbar7']Not to be that guy, but it is 28% off, not 30%.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brenex'] The 10% comes first and than the 20% is applied to that new price.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned above.

d99692e8f30a7c60ca8e22a370445acd.png

After checking a bunch of stuff I've come to the conclusion that this generation games are just about always cheaper through amazon warehouse so I decided to hit past generation stuff. $15 each for eternal darkness and MGS: twin snakes seems like a deal I can do. Saw a clean copy at a store nearby if I need to exchange too.

i just bought limited edtion without preordering at the store if any1 is wondering if they sell limited edition without preordering :)

[quote name='deuxhero']Going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume only my single order being horribly packed is all an exceptional case (and/or only for GCN games).

Edit:VSHIP stacks with 20PRE, but must be entered before (it isn't seen as valid otherwise)[/QUOTE]

VSHIP doesnt seem to stack with the 20PRE on my end here...is it becuz i have only one item in my cart??

edit: when i have two items in my cart, 20pre only stacks up with one game and not the other..wtfff

I jumped on this and got Bulletstorm and Frontlines Fuel of War for $35 and free shipping. Thanks for posting the code!

[quote name='labrat34']I jumped on this and got Bulletstorm and Frontlines Fuel of War for $35 and free shipping. Thanks for posting the code![/QUOTE]

No matter how many different ways I try it, I can't get 20PRE and value ship to work 100%. I can get Vship and 20PRE in the same order but 20PRE is only working on the second game. Very strange.

UPDATE: Managed to get it to work after a bazillion tries. It's like trying to tell the gamestop employees that you don't want to order something. They think if they keep asking, they'll eventually wear you down and you'll give up.

Found that 20pre doesn't work with some games (nor does the PUR) but still managed to get 5 games for 30% off with free shipping.

Been on a Gamecube kick, showing that liitle box the love I never gave it, and ordered

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, and Double Agent
Eternal Darkness
Beyond Good and Evil

All for 34.27, only paid 4.20 out of pocket as I had 30.07 in credit. Cuss yeah

[quote name='pluginbaby121']Been on a Gamecube kick, showing that liitle box the love I never gave it, and ordered

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, and Double Agent
Eternal Darkness
Beyond Good and Evil

All for 34.27, only paid 4.20 out of pocket as I had 30.07 in credit. Cuss yeah[/QUOTE]

Awesome deal man:)

Stacked VSHIP & 20PRE and got Burnout Paradise :ps3: and Prototype :ps3: for $31.52. Thanks for the post. :applause: BTW these two expire 3/31/2011 :shock: get'em while you can!

I was trying to get MvC3 using 20PRE and VSHIP, but I couldn't get the codes to stack. However, Gamestop is offering free shipping if you order 2 or more items, so I just had to add another game to get free shipping. I ended up passing on MvC3 because I wasn't getting it for myself anyway. My 2 year old son loves watching CPU vs. CPU matches in SSFIV, but since MvC3 doesn't have this feature, I passed on the game.

I ended up getting the following instead:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (has CPU vs CPU matches for my son to watch)
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (another game for my son)
Elebits (ditto)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (need a new game for my DS)

The total came out to a little more than $50.

[quote name='RCS0926']I was trying to get MvC3 using 20PRE and VSHIP, but I couldn't get the codes to stack. However, Gamestop is offering free shipping if you order 2 or more items, so I just had to add another game to get free shipping. I ended up passing on MvC3 because I wasn't getting it for myself anyway. My 2 year old son loves watching CPU vs. CPU matches in SSFIV, but since MvC3 doesn't have this feature, I passed on the game.

I ended up getting the following instead:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (has CPU vs CPU matches for my son to watch)
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (another game for my son)
Elebits (ditto)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (need a new game for my DS)

The total came out to a little more than $50.[/QUOTE]

Both Naruto and Sonic are fun games. ^_^

[quote name='Luxuria']Both Naruto and Sonic are fun games. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think my son is going to enjoy the cinematic fighting in Naruto, and I think he'll have fun using the Wii wheel with Sonic.

Traded in Black Ops and skate 2 for $51 total.

Grabbed GT5 and MGS4 for $50.68 with free shipping.

Couldn't ask for anything closer than that.

Gamestop's site is a joke... The EDGE card doesn't even seem to register and apply the discount with all pre-owned games...

Yeah they've really gone downhill for paying Edge/PUR members...hence why I will not be renewing my acct for the first time in 3 years. Worst thing you can do to a customer is piss them off, and between bad coupons (UFC ones and preorder) and this PUR fiasco, I'm done. There are too many other places with great deals now anyways.

Their promo codes in general have pretty much disappeared. They send out these newsletters that used to have codes for free overnight shipping on all the games mentioned in it, now the newsletters have no codes at all.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the thinking was with the PUR card. It's almost like GS thinks the rewards points make up for the fact that the 10% pre-owned discount doesn't stack with everything like it used to. I think members would rather have that 10% stack with everything instead of the rewards points.

I have a few Gamestop $10 off codes and some $20 as well to use online. Let me know if anyone is interested in them I'll sell them for cheap.

[quote name='pfhor']I have a few Gamestop $10 off codes and some $20 as well to use online. Let me know if anyone is interested in them I'll sell them for cheap.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the $10 off codes don't work anymore. Just a heads up.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']cag16 is dead. :cry:[/QUOTE]

...it's working for me? My edge isn't working for me now though. I let it expire like a year or two ago but it was working last month, and now it doesn't

Edit: nevermind, edge still works. I forgot it is only for used games.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Awesome deal man:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks I can't wait. I'm in a Splinter Cell mood. I wish I had Conviction but alas I only have a PS3 :cry:

I decided to take a swing at updating the OP. Got rid of almost everything that was posted before since I don't think we need to know that there used to be a deal for free release date shipping on Fallout New Vegas. I only intend to update this with recently expired codes so that people don't wrack their brains trying to get them to work.

bread's done
Back