Gamestop.com goofed part of my order -- UPDATE: they TOTALLY fixed it!!

allyourblood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
i placed 4 orders during the Gamestop deal, each one for one game:

GC Resident Evil 0, Pikmin, Resident Evil, GBA Sigma Star Saga

i was pleased to find that everything arrived complete (original case, manual and insert), and of course, Sigma Star was brand new, as ordered. however, Resident Evil (part 1) came with the correct insert and manual, but includes both discs from Resident Evil 0. so essentially, i have doubles of RE0 and no discs from RE1. considering the cost of each title ($3.22 after tax/s/h), should i even bother to talk to GS.com, or just keep the wrong discs and attempt to trade them for the proper title? i figure i ought to just be glad i got all of my orders, and maybe try to get my hands on RE1 thru CAG, but i wanted to hear some of your opinions. thanks.

you should email gamestop.
they'll probably mail you a replacement free of charge or refund you the $3.22 (without you shipping the game back in both cases)

edit:
I'm amazed you got the games complete in relatively decent condition.
I stop ordering used games online from gamestop because I was sick of getting disc only games.

couldnt you just take them to a gamestop store and exchange it like that or am i getting it confused with how eb used to do it?

[quote name='Jedi1979']couldnt you just take them to a gamestop store and exchange it like that or am i getting it confused with how eb used to do it?[/quote]

i was just about to post that. if i bring in my invoice and show them the stuff, can they just swap it? they don't care if it has the case anyway, right?

[quote name='wbc1228']you should email gamestop.
they'll probably mail you a replacement free of charge or refund you the $3.22 (without you shipping the game back in both cases)

edit:
I'm amazed you got the games complete in relatively decent condition.
I stop ordering used games online from gamestop because I was sick of getting disc only games.[/quote]

i'm gonna try this and see what they say, unless someone jumps in and says i can exchange them at a B&M.

as for the completeness, i was shocked as well. i bought them at that price assuming that they'd be disc-only, so i wouldn't be sad when they arrived incomplete. lo and behold, everything is complete. well, except for... you know.

Everytime I get a bad game from gamestop/eb online I take it into my local B&M with the receipt and tell them what happened and what I would like fixed. They usually just casusally glance at the receipt(if at all) and try to make it right. I don't know if its ymmv but they do this at the 2 local stores I frequent, one is a GS and one is an EB.
I would try first going down there with your games and receipt and telling them what happened and ask them if they can fix it for you. Or maybe even call first to save gas/time.

[quote name='allyourblood']i'm gonna try this and see what they say, unless someone jumps in and says i can exchange them at a B&M.

as for the completeness, i was shocked as well. i bought them at that price assuming that they'd be disc-only, so i wouldn't be sad when they arrived incomplete. lo and behold, everything is complete. well, except for... you know.[/QUOTE]

I can't say this definitely applies but I've returned shipment problems to the local EB Games without any hassle. Being they're the same company now, I would think it would work. But maybe Gamestop's policy was different and overrided EB Games'. I'd try that if it's easier for you.

MjC

thought i'd provide a little follow-up and closure on this deal:

i called Gamestop's 800 number. i spoke to a very nice rep named Chris. check this out! -- he put in a new order for Resident Evil 1, bumped it up to 3-day shipping (as opposed to USA value), and refunded the original shipping/tax charge! not enough? when asked what to do with the incorrect discs, he told me to "just keep 'em", and to consider the refund and free discs as a "bonus" for my patience in getting a replacement.
he did this on his own, without me having to say a word. all i told him was my order number and "situation" and that was it! needless to say, i'm floored. the whole thing took about 2 minutes, i didn't have to wait for a rep or anything. Gamestop's customer service center just sky-rocketed to the cream of the crop, for me. i don't know how large GS' CS call center is, but if anyone needs to call them, be sure to at least try to ask for Chris.

wbc1228, you nailed it. i know what to do if this ever happens again! and thanks to everyone who offered help/suggestions.

bread's done
Back