Gamestop.com - No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle $19.99 (Used)

[quote name='killer9']lol they really need to stop supporting the wii they lose so much money[/QUOTE]
Something a clueless fanboy would think...

[quote name='killer9']I own a ps3 and 360 idiot:twoguns::twoguns:[/QUOTE]

LOL really just driving his point home...

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Something a clueless fanboy would think...[/QUOTE]

Considering it's down to $20 bucks after three months out, I'd say it's a logical conclusion that it didn't sell well. Does anyone know how many copies this has sold so far and what it cost to produce?

[quote name='killer9']lol they really need to stop supporting the wii they lose so much money[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats why they made a sequel to this game, so far exclusive to the Wii.

Nintendo will make a ton of money either way. Even with the Gamecube they were literally printing money, in third place.

[quote name='BouncingSoul']Considering it's down to $20 bucks after three months out, I'd say it's a logical conclusion that it didn't sell well. Does anyone know how many copies this has sold so far and what it cost to produce?[/QUOTE]

No idea what it cost to produce the NMH series, but I believe Suda said it was their most successful title ever, and I'd imagine the first one profited enough to warrant a sequel.

The first one has sold a estimated 480k copies WW according to VGChartz, 280k copies of those in North America. The second one however is estimated around 90k and has no Europe or Japan data.

They have also made HD versions of the first game in Japan for the 360 and PS3 which have sold around what the original for the Wii did over there in Japan.

I Pre-ordered this game and have yet to beat it so my wallet is crying right now (got into other games, but really enjoyed the few hours I put in before letting it collect some dust... for now), but I really wanted to support Suda because I bought the original at $20 and felt like I was getting a bargain.

Either way, great game and It's rare to see a Mature title on the Wii these days with such high praise.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah thats why they made a sequel to this game, so far exclusive to the Wii.

Nintendo will make a ton of money either way. Even with the Gamecube they were literally printing money, in third place.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was referring to Nintendo making money (that's pretty much given, they absolutely dominated this generation), he was referring to the NMH developers making money.

It's tough to sell hardcore/traditional games on Wii, especially when simple low budget casual games make ten times as many sales at half the development costs.

There is a huge casual Wii audience compared to the Wii traditional gamer audience, which probably leads to the poor sales. Why do traditional games sell better on the 360/PS3? Because they have a larger traditional gamer audience.

I think the NMH developers said that this was their last NMH project on the Wii due to poor sales.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah thats why they made a sequel to this game, so far exclusive to the Wii.

Nintendo will make a ton of money either way. Even with the Gamecube they were literally printing money, in third place.[/QUOTE]

Nobody would doubt Nintendo makes bank. They make cash on console sales where Sony and Microsoft take hits, and their games fly off shelves too. The question is whether guys like Suda51 see any money when they put an M rated game like this on the Wii. Oh, and the original NMH is being ported to PS3/360.

[quote name='antlp89']I think the NMH developers said that this was their last NMH project on the Wii due to poor sales.[/QUOTE]

He said it was the last on the Wii because he felt he'd done all he could do with the hardware. He wants to make a sequel, and where that ends up, no one knows.

Geez. Can we not have a thread with a Wii title fall into useless flaming? Just enjoy the damn deal.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Hopefully the game sells well now that it's cheap, we gotta get further sequels dammit![/QUOTE]
For used it's only gonna be helping Gamestop more then Suda51.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']What I don't get is that Gamestop still lists No More Heroes 1 used at 17.99[/QUOTE]
in fact i still haven't bought 2 yet because i didn't have the chance to start 1. Maybe i should just skip it and play 2 ? any suggestion ?

[quote name='Strell']He said it was the last on the Wii because he felt he'd done all he could do with the hardware. He wants to make a sequel, and where that ends up, no one knows.

Geez. Can we not have a thread with a Wii title fall into useless flaming? Just enjoy the damn deal.[/QUOTE]

I like discussions now and then too. Otherwise we'd just be endless threads of people saying "in for one. thanks op."

[quote name='acyw13']in fact i still haven't bought 2 yet because i didn't have the chance to start 1. Maybe i should just skip it and play 2 ? any suggestion ?[/QUOTE]

Eh. To me it feels like Mass effect, on a smaller scale. The second improved on some things and removed other pointless things, though not to the level of polish as the actual ME series, but you'd be missing out on a lot of stuff in the first game. Not that story, a continuous arc with good/bad guys and a plot, is that relevant in the game but the characters, dialogue and what not IS. To be quite honest, even loving the first game, if you strip it down to music, graphics and gameplay you'd just have an ok game. You'll either love(or hate it) based on the eccentricities and that's why I would definitely recommend the first, even if it is a little rougher.

bread's done
Back