Gamestop.com now selling refurbished iPods and iPhones

Now I've seen everything...

Prices might be cheaper on Craigslist if you are willing to look. Prices look decentish on some.

Well an ipod touch recent gen 8gb 202.xx after tax S/H. I think I'm better off just converting to BB then to amazon for a new one for 200 no tax/prime shipping. After conversion it will definitely be less than 202 in credit ;) It's gonna be a sad day when amazon has to start charging sales tax :(

Mmmm gamestop premium refurbished. lol
It's also very lame on the random colors. Seriously, they couldn't put just enough effort and time to make their system work?

I wonder if I can $180 for my ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb. Probably not.

These are probably from the first batch of iPods/iPhones that they were buying a few months back. Likely an experiment to test the viability of selling used mobile (non-game centric) devices, if it works out I wouldn't be surprised if they started selling iPads or even Android mobiles and tablets.

The best thing about this is that it probably works with B2G1 preowned promotions (although, the free item can only be a game or accessory).

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']
It's also very lame on the random colors. Seriously, they couldn't put just enough effort and time to make their system work?
[/QUOTE]

That would mean transferring all of the iPods from the dumpster with "IPODS" spraypainted on the outside to an actual sorted filing system.

Im not complaining, got 80$ for my old Ipod Touch that hadnt been used in close to a year.

Though, i dont think their reselling will do that well

Basically brilliant for gs to do this. Pachter says that iphone/ipod/ipad games are all his kids play. No interest in ds or proper console games at all.

[quote name='AceBB6']Wow, anyway to stay afloat. Next they take in used TVS.[/QUOTE]

They start taking in LCD's and Plasma's in March.

Why would anyone buy an 8GB 4th Generation touch from Gamestop used for $180 when they could get a new one for like $20 more on Amazon?

But I guess I've never really understood their used games, either, which are like $5 less than the new ones.

haha

this is the reason i saw a banner saying "We buy iPods" or something like that on my local gamestop.

I thought it was a local store thing

Never owned an iPod. Kind of interested in the iPod Nano (heard this line has been discontinued somewhere) and iPod touch models.

Any recommendations on previous generations over the current generations? I mean, is it always better to go with the newest model if money isn't an issue.

[quote name='vlv723']I have a shitload of credit after trading in almost half of my collection. I'm considering buying that iPhone 4 and find a place to get that unlocked so I can use it on T-Mobile's new $30 from Wal-Mart: http://www.tmonews.com/2011/10/t-mobile-wal-mart-introduce-30-no-contract-plan-arrives-october-16th/[/QUOTE]

Simple Mobile (think it's a subsidiary of T-Mobile) has a plan similar to this, but for $10 more you get unlimited talk time. $40/month for unlimited: talk, text, web 3g data. www.mysimplemobile.com

[quote name='vlv723']I have a shitload of credit after trading in almost half of my collection. I'm considering buying that iPhone 4 and find a place to get that unlocked so I can use it on T-Mobile's new $30 from Wal-Mart: http://www.tmonews.com/2011/10/t-mobile-wal-mart-introduce-30-no-contract-plan-arrives-october-16th/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='intoxicated662']Simple Mobile (think it's a subsidiary of T-Mobile) has a plan similar to this, but for $10 more you get unlimited talk time. $40/month for unlimited: talk, text, web 3g data. www.mysimplemobile.com[/QUOTE]
The iphone 4 is not compatible with T-mobile's 3G, but works fine on 2G.

Crap, you're right. The 4S now has that HSPA function so I think that will work. I ain't going to spend the $ for that phone.

Thanks for the MySimpleMobile website. I haven't heard of them until now.

[quote name='exaznkid']why do i get the feeling that the lifespan of a used ipod will be very short especially coming from gamestop[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Toss']Well an ipod touch recent gen 8gb 202.xx after tax S/H. I think I'm better off just converting to BB then to amazon for a new one for 200 no tax/prime shipping. After conversion it will definitely be less than 202 in credit ;) It's gonna be a sad day when amazon has to start charging sales tax :([/QUOTE]you must not be a RZ silver member since they email deals on refurbs or offer free/hugely discounted items when upgrading/signing new contracts(phones). There's been at least 2-3 times an 8 GB iphone was free just sign the contract or take up to $250 off on the bigger GB versions. I scored a great deal on my 32 GB 3GS open box it only cost me $110 + tax & I used $25 in RZ certs on top of it.

It's always a good idea to ask the mobile reps about the open box items they have I seen some people who aren't shall we say "tech savvy" but they wanted the newest thing & couldn't handle it. This lady returned it after 1 day & went back to her old POS phone instead so whoever got her refurb pretty much scored a new Iphone 4 @ a discount.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']But I guess I've never really understood their used games, either, which are like $5 less than the new ones.[/QUOTE]it gets the casual game shopper ie. moms with little kids that don't know better but will buy day 1 just to quiet their kids. But us CAG's know how to shop so we still make out but only when it makes financial sense.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Darn, was hoping for IPAD's too. Oh well, I've seen worse prices...but these are average at best.[/QUOTE]

Ya seriously i dont understand why they arent considering they were also up when they had that promo going of selling apple products. i just assume people have not sold any to them?

Really looking for a cheap ipad2...

[quote name='vlv723']Crap, you're right. The 4S now has that HSPA function so I think that will work. I ain't going to spend the $ for that phone.

Thanks for the MySimpleMobile website. I haven't heard of them until now.[/QUOTE]

I dug this up. Jury's still out on whether it'll work, but there's compelling evidence that it will if the specs are true. the big hangup previously was it using different frequencies between AT&T and T-mobile.

http://www.appleiphoneapps.net/iphone-5-specifications/unlocked-iphone-4s-will-work-on-t-mobile

[quote name='cheeky']Basically brilliant for gs to do this. Pachter says that iphone/ipod/ipad games are all his kids play. No interest in ds or proper console games at all.[/QUOTE]

ah Patcher, the guy who gets payed to make predictions and than flip flop at the last minute

[quote name='boneless']I dug this up. Jury's still out on whether it'll work, but there's compelling evidence that it will if the specs are true. the big hangup previously was it using different frequencies between AT&T and T-mobile.

http://www.appleiphoneapps.net/iphone-5-specifications/unlocked-iphone-4s-will-work-on-t-mobile[/QUOTE]
The author of that article has no idea what they're talking about and neither do the people he's talked to. T-mobile REQUIRES 1700mhz AND 2100mhz for 3G because one is upstream and one is downstream, while ATT uses 850mhz and 1900mhz, of which each one has both up-and downstream functionality on each respective frequency.

To my knowledge, only Nokia and HTC have quint-band HSPA+(just a faster version of HSDPA and HSUPA) phones.

[quote name='AceBB6']Wow, anyway to stay afloat. Next they take in used TVS.[/QUOTE]
After that, they'll display all the used games traded in as new. I mean, the employees already take home new games and just return them as new, so it wouldn't be much different. :lol:

bread's done
Back