Gamestop.com Prices?

Invader Bugs

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about going with the Heavy Rain deal at gamestop this Tuesday, but I wanted to ask something first. The used game I would go with is Spider-Man Web of Shadows for ps3. Gamestop.com says its $27.99 used, but also says that's an online only price. Does gamestop have a price matching policy or something? Any help on this pricing issue would help out a lot before I drive out there. Thanks.

GS.com prices usually differ from GS In Store prices. They don't match the online price as far as I know. It'll either be $29.99 or $34.99 in store most likely. I don't think it'll be $32.99 since that's just an odd price point.

I think its YMMV. My GS is pretty cool though and always pm their own site. When I asked if it was a nationwide policy the manager said she was pretty sure it was.

Seeing as how it says online price only, I'd say it's up to the store. Then again gamestop.com never has any used ps3 games in stock.

[quote name='gareman']I think its YMMV. My GS is pretty cool though and always pm their own site. When I asked if it was a nationwide policy the manager said she was pretty sure it was.[/QUOTE]

Unless something has changed very recently, it's not a corporate policy to price match anything, including their own website. Managers seem to have the discretion, but I assume up until a point. They just recently started doing the online-only prices within the last year, in order to increase used sales from their website. They have had a very poor track record, with them sending out incomplete and damaged goods, so it's their attempt to get more people to buy on the site. They also tried that case and manual guarantee on all current generation titles, but that soon regressed into a policy that only applied to "select titles."

I really wish they set the "Online Price Only" to its own section, rather than stuck in price drops. It's getting annoying seeing the Price Drop section full of cheaper games that are only available online and aren't even in stock.

bread's done
Back