Gamestop.com Saver?

[quote name='Retroactive']Hi Emie,

Ooops! The SAVER coupon expired. This has been corrected. Thanks for the heads up.

Best Regards,
Retro[/quote]

When are you guys(n gals) gonna work on the 'we won't train our employees to be assholes' coupon or the all important 'we guarantee you won't get a game that looks like it was used as a teething ring for a kid or a frisbee for a dog and that it'll come complete for the jacked up prices you charge' coupon?

Of course, I'd also like it if you'd work on the 'we won't make out employees have to shill for pre-orders and list every fuckin' game coming out for the next 10 years and harass our customers till they get one stinkin' pre-order' coupon.

Please and thank you in advance.

Once you guys work on those coupons, I'll shop at GS more often.

EDIT: I apologize, as I'm in a shitty mood this entire week, but ya know actually working on the things mentioned above would make the company a more CAG friendly enviro. Just saying....

Hey Cheapest,

Good to hear from you again!

The "it'll come complete" coupon is under development and will be available soon. Feel free to make as many Photoshop copies of this coupon as you like. ;)

Hope you have a better weekend!

Warm Regards,
Retro

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When are you guys(n gals) gonna work on the 'we won't train our employees to be assholes' coupon or the all important 'we guarantee you won't get a game that looks like it was used as a teething ring for a kid or a frisbee for a dog and that it'll come complete for the jacked up prices you charge' coupon?

Of course, I'd also like it if you'd work on the 'we won't make out employees have to shill for pre-orders and list every fuckin' game coming out for the next 10 years and harass our customers till they get one stinkin' pre-order' coupon.

Please and thank you in advance.

Once you guys work on those coupons, I'll shop at GS more often.

EDIT: I apologize, as I'm in a shitty mood this entire week, but ya know actually working on the things mentioned above would make the company a more CAG friendly enviro. Just saying....[/quote]

I'd really appreciate it if you guys would show some respect to Retroactive or any other retailer's representative that takes time out of their day to visit CAG. Although you don't seem to realize it, he is doing us a big favor by interacting with us here.

Treating him and others in this way will certainly not encourage future communication. Please stop it.

Hey Darkslime,

Sounds like a reasonable request. ;)

Having worked for EB/GS for a few decades, I would admit to running into an occasional bad egg, but the folks at my local GameStop are very friendly and helpful. Can't speak for yours, but the guys and gals at my local GS are great.

I just picked up Killzone 2 yesterday and my local store did recommend I reserve RE5, but I personally thought it was cool that they knew the type of game I liked and cared enough to ensure I got a call when it arrived.

That's just me though. To each his/her own.

Best,
Retro

[quote name='darkslime']Maybe answer the questions he asked instead of being a douche and avoiding them?

Thanks,
darkslime[/quote]

[quote name='Retroactive']Hey Darkslime,

Sounds like a reasonable request. ;)

Having worked for EB/GS for a few decades, I would admit to running into an occasional bad egg, but the folks at my local GameStop are very friendly and helpful. Can't speak for yours, but the guys and gals at my local GS are great.

I just picked up Killzone 2 yesterday and my local store did recommend I reserve RE5, but I personally thought it was cool that they knew the type of game I liked and cared enough to ensure I got a call when it arrived.

That's just me though. To each his/her own.

Best,
Retro[/quote]

If I give you names of a complete failtastic manager and a lardass employee who spends most of his working time avoiding doing work as much as possible, could they be dealt with? The one guy has a few strikes against him, and even his fellow employees are against him because he doesn't pull his own weight. (Things that you learn when you go to college with people who work locally.)

Nothing personal, but one of the two stores in town really needs some cleanup.

Edit - and nothing personal, but on the call thing, the pre-recorded Ashley (Or whatever the hell the bot-caller is named now) is VERY impersonal to me. I remember back when we had a Babbages before the days of a million mergers/buyouts/etc. and the employees would actually call, not some machine that pauses randomly for information.

[quote name='georox']If I give you names of a complete failtastic manager and a lardass employee who spends most of his working time avoiding doing work as much as possible, could they be dealt with? The one guy has a few strikes against him, and even his fellow employees are against him because he doesn't pull his own weight. (Things that you learn when you go to college with people who work locally.)

Nothing personal, but one of the two stores in town really needs some cleanup.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I think Retro's the "technical website guy" at GS. Not sure he'd really be able to help you with your request. Why not just report this store/manager directly to Gamestop corporate yourself?

[quote name='Josef']I could be wrong but I think Retro's the "technical website guy" at GS. Not sure he'd really be able to help you with your request. Why not just report this store/manager directly to Gamestop corporate yourself?[/quote]

Me and many others have done so, and last I heard he is one bad mark from being removed, finally. Somehow he's leeched his way over a year at the store, and I honestly turn and leave if I see him working now. It will honestly take him ten minutes to find a game for you, and he seems to constantly misplace things of importance, such as his keys, which is truly fun when you want to purchase large items like a console.

Here's a question, can you do something about the way games suddenly become unavailable to order online after a price drop? Recently Away Shuffle Dungeon dropped from $19.99 to $9.99. The day before the price drop I could have ordered it for $19.99 no problem. The next day when it dropped, suddenly unavailable. I've had the same problem happen numerous times with different games. It's frustrating, as the GameStop b&ms around here like to gut everything, so I really prefer shopping online.

Just a note, you may want to fix the SAVER description, now when you use it it says it's good for 15% off used games and DVDs. It gives me free shipping still, but the description is bound to confuse some people.

No codes seem to be working for me. I tried the free 2-day shipping one on my recent order of SFIV (which is a brand new game) and it didn't work, so I instead had to opt out for the only coupon that worked, which was $5 off - and finally got my product today, about 6 days later.

The SAVER code is for everything, over $25 in total (for your shopping cart).. correct? I just tried to order two 1,600 points cards, and put in SAVER, and at the checkout, it tells me

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVER - Free Value Shipping"

I've gotten this with every single code I've tried to use, besides the $5 off one you were running a few days ago - even though what is in my cart, matches or exceeds what is needed for these codes to be in use.

Also, while paying with credit on the website, why is tax charged? I know for some states, you have to, but I live in NJ, and here you don't get charged tax when you pay with store credit. I ended up having to pay $62.00 just to get SFIV shipped, which included the $5.00 off coupon - thanks to tax ($4.06) and shipping ($2.99). Is there a way you can make it so you only get charged if you lived in a state that does this? I don't mind paying the shipping, but why should I have to pay tax, when I can just go to the store and pick it up and save myself over $4.00?

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd really appreciate it if you guys would show some respect to Retroactive or any other retailer's representative that takes time out of their day to visit CAG. Although you don't seem to realize it, he is doing us a big favor by interacting with us here.

Treating him and others in this way will certainly not encourage future communication. Please stop it.[/quote]

It's not that I was so much disrespecting Retroactive, it's that the company they chose to work for is only interested in the bottom line and their customer service and products they sell are garbage alot of the time(NOT all the time anymore). Mind you, that is also true of many other companies, but at least those companies seem to take enough pride in the products they buy/sell to actually make sure they're complete and in good conditon.

I can't even count the number of times I've actually given them a chance and bought something, only to find out that the thing is used and abused.

Most of the time I do thoroughly check what I buy, so I don't end up with something that looks like it's been chewed on, but when I don't have the time to do so I'd like to know that I won't have to worry about it not working.

So, while Retroactive being a part of the community IS a good thing, it would be better if they were actually in a position to implement CHANGE at Gamestop corporate, but I don't believe they are.

I do apologize for being snippy and I was shocked to see the head cheapass had replied to this thread. I'm just having a really crappy week this week, so again, I do apologize. But I do stand by my commitment to only buy truly new stuff from GS and only when I have super cheap credit that I got for pennies on the dollar when I do buy from them.

[quote name='Porksta']There is only one logical move here that will teach them a lesson Cheapy - PERMABAN![/quote]

You're not helping. Oh and check the custom user title over my name: Speaks His Mind :booty:

Hey Retro,

Sorry that some people on this thread are so rude.

Some cant even take a joke...how sad:(

Anyways,

Is there any updates on the Canadian site??
Why does it say GAMESTOP now? Only 5% of stores in Canada are GS, the rest 95%+ are all EB GAMES STORES....

Also Online shopping is a 2008 project...but that has yet to happen...is it now a CHRISTMAS 09 Project?

Is there any thing else going on with EB CANADA????

Are they being converted into GAMESTOP stores anytime soon??

Thanks retro for taking part in this thread and sorry for the rudeness of others. For the record, the folks at my Gamestop are fine. And I don't mind the pre-order shpeel. It definitely comes of as a shpeel but I know suggestive selling works.

bread's done
Back