GameStop.com "The Deal": Save $10 on any game priced $59.99 or more!

Thx for this. For some reason New Jersey Gamestops are out of the PS3 slim 120g for past week or so so this not only gets me my PS3 this week with free ground shipping but also saves me an extra $7.49 with tax.

Needed to get this from Gamestop because I had almost enough credit to not pay out of pocket for my PS3. Cost me a mere $3.14 out of pocket cash :lol:

Also for those of you using store credit to pay, I had to call them up and get them to correct the tax on my PS3 as well. They adjusted it without any issue but they were initially overtaxing me by about $19.00.

So they'll take the tax off games too if you use credit and call them? I may preorder Gran Turismo 5 if they won't charge me until the release date.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Also for those of you using store credit to pay, I had to call them up and get them to correct the tax on my PS3 as well. They adjusted it without any issue but they were initially overtaxing me by about $19.00.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming we have to call customer service.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Also for those of you using store credit to pay, I had to call them up and get them to correct the tax on my PS3 as well. They adjusted it without any issue but they were initially overtaxing me by about $19.00.[/QUOTE]

I'm having trouble understanding whether you are saying they overcharged you and they reimbursed the overcharge or did they remove the tax altogether?

[quote name='Cindaddy']Nope. Why are people talking about ME2 and Bioshock 2?[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I also brainfarted on this. Even though OP mentioned ME2, my mind automatically thought this would only apply to used or in-stock games.
Another thread reminded me of this deal and finally realized that we could get preorders with this discount.

So I'm going to the store today to get all my preorders transfered to my GC so I can reorder the preorders online.

[quote name='GenPirate']Wait so if I call Gamestop they will remove the tax from my pre-order because I used a Gamestop GC?[/QUOTE]

probably not...there seems to be some confusion over this and this due to different states handling trade in credit differently in regards to taxes. In some states, the trade in credit is applied to the item being sold prior to sales tax calculation (ie, if you bought a $60 game with $20 worth of credit, the sales tax would be based on a sale of a $40 item)...in other states, the trade in credit doesn't impact the sales tax calculation at all (ie, a $60 item will be taxed at $60 regardless if you pay for the entire thing with a trade in). Now this is just with trade in credit...with a regular gift card, you should be paying tax on the sale.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got 2 order confirmations this morning...thing is, the card I used was only enough for one game...now I'm wondering if they'll actually ship both.[/QUOTE]

They don't charge until it ships. If you don't have enough to cover both orders they'll cancel one. That's the thing that irritates me about using GCs, If I have $45 in gift cards and order one $30 game and want to order another one later on I have to order the second after I'm charged for the first one. If I try to order two games using the same card they'll take the $30 out of the $45 giftcard for both orders, since no credit is actually being used yet. Then when they second game comes out they'll see I just have $15 left on the card and cancel the order.

Huh, I'm actually very tempted to use this on the Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Pokemon: Soul Silver. It's not often Gamestop has a sale that I'm actually interested in.

...Does Gamestop normally do a good job in shipping items?

I normally get my items from GS shipped very quickly. But my most recent order for Chaotic (360) took about 2 weeks. This makes me less tempted to order the 2 Pokemon games. But I guess I might as well. I know I'm going to end up buying them anyway.

Ordered Heavy Rain, Yakuza 3 & Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Pretty good deal. I used up most of my store credit from flips for all 3 games. The status on the orders said "Verifying" which I've never seen before on a pre-order. Maybe they think I am using fraudulent credit? Oh well, they have plenty of time to verify my store credit before these games come out.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Huh, I'm actually very tempted to use this on the Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Pokemon: Soul Silver. It's not often Gamestop has a sale that I'm actually interested in.

...Does Gamestop normally do a good job in shipping items?[/QUOTE]

Depends what you mean. I usually get stuff fairly quickly, but all the games (unless they're incredibly large like the AC2 LE) are shipped in a UPS bag with basically no padding whatsoever.

the reason I asked if its only on used games is since I tried to pre order MAss effect 2 but at checkout it said error code does not apply only on used games priced at $40 or more

[quote name='rainking187']Depends what you mean. I usually get stuff fairly quickly, but all the games (unless they're incredibly large like the AC2 LE) are shipped in a UPS bag with basically no padding whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

The Pokemon games include a figure so hopefully they box them.

[quote name='ace1233']the reason I asked if its only on used games is since I tried to pre order MAss effect 2 but at checkout it said error code does not apply only on used games priced at $40 or more[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you didn't have a code in there previously? You have to delete it first. I had a similar problem.

hahah....you guys are awesome...i had just put in my order for alines vs predator hunters edition w/o putting this promo....cancelled it and rebought... saved $7 and upgraded to ground shipping for free...Thanks!!!

[quote name='rainking187']Depends what you mean. I usually get stuff fairly quickly, but all the games (unless they're incredibly large like the AC2 LE) are shipped in a UPS bag with basically no padding whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Was the game in good condition?

[quote name='ace1233']anyone found out a way to remove tax from the order? Cuz Tax does kill it a bit[/QUOTE]
Live in a state that either doesn't have tax or live in a state that treats store credit as a pre-tax discount and pay it off fully with store credit.

Anybody think that this is going to be the only offer for a lower price at preorders (BS2, ME2, etc) for a while or will there be something else? I don't really feel that GS is going to do anything, but maybe they will?

And also, how does GS treat shipping Limited/Collectors Editions? It'd be bad for some of the special stuff to show up damaged....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killerramen']huh, i'm actually very tempted to use this on the lunar: Silver star harmony limited edition, valkyria chronicles 2 and pokemon: Soul silver. It's not often gamestop has a sale that i'm actually interested in.

...does gamestop normally do a good job in shipping items?[/quote]

you are brilliant, pre-ordering l:ssh right now.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Was the game in good condition?[/QUOTE]

If it's just a normal game, yeah. I wouldn't recommend getting the Lunar LE from them though, I bought the Prinny PSP game from them and it arrived quite smashed. I ended up returning it.

[quote name='Skoad']Live in a state that either doesn't have tax or live in a state that treats store credit as a pre-tax discount and pay it off fully with store credit.[/QUOTE]

lol yea i dont think I qualify for any. Damn NY tax :roll:

[quote name='rainking187']If it's just a normal game, yeah. I wouldn't recommend getting the Lunar LE from them though, I bought the Prinny PSP game from them and it arrived quite smashed. I ended up returning it.[/QUOTE]

Strongly agree with this. Every time I have ordered a cardboard outer boxed LE game from Gamestop, it has arrived trashed. They are usually good about sending a replacement, but chances are it will be packed the same way and eventually you will just have to get a refund.

Decent deal if you have gamestop credit to burn. I purchased MLB 10 for 55.xx shipped. I figure the game is pretty hard to find used in a GS even a couple months after launch and waiting for a B2G1 and then finding it would turn into a job itself.

[quote name='killer9']the only way it works is if you add 2 1600 point cards and a cheap 1.99 game or sumthing[/QUOTE]

speaking of which, is there any cheap filler? i might be getting 2 nintendo wii nunchucks but $19.99 x 2 = $39.98, short by a penny.

looks to be a good deal and i have gs credit to burn. might get new super mario bros, preorder ssf4.

*sigh* junk sports titles from 2006 and 2007.. wondering if i should just get some kind of $5 accessory or something actually useful.

thanks for the tip though

I was going to cancel some of my orders at Amazon for this, but Ground shipping isn't even available to Hawaii. Another deal that our state and Alaska doesn't get to be a part of!

[quote name='frpilot']speaking of which, is there any cheap filler? i might be getting 2 nintendo wii nunchucks but $19.99 x 2 = $39.98, short by a penny.

looks to be a good deal and i have gs credit to burn. might get new super mario bros, preorder ssf4.[/QUOTE]

Here's the cheapest things I found in stock, all for 99 cents:

NFL 2k3: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=24473
NFL 2k2: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=16537
NCAA Football 2003: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=24410
Future Tactics: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=32792

Hope that helps!

Phew, I had been worried I was going to tie all my credit up in a $7 off order and then today's deal would be $10 off $49.99 or more. So I'm good.

[quote name='killer9']today deal is not as good no free ups ground shipping but tens dollars off is ok[/QUOTE]

No in-store pickup either. Weak.

bread's done
Back