GameStop Console Trade-in Values

[quote name='bonesawisready']I'm tempted to trade in my 80GB MGS4 PS3. Don't play it. Ever. Used it to charge my ipod for years and now my ipod is broke so,....

I wish the 30% bonus would stack, does it?

I've been looking to sell my PS3 on craigslist but I've been getting offers at $175 but then the people changed their minds. $150 isn't bad and I'd apply it towards the Wii U I get
later in the year[/QUOTE]

Software emulated PS2 model? Should be getting better offers than that.

[quote name='MadGeniusDude']I am going to trade in my fat 360 to gamestop. Does the controller need to have a battery shell?[/QUOTE]

You need to provide one. They're 3 bucks on amazon. Not sure if the color has to match though so if you have a different color one from another, you can always replace it later.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']If you opened your system you are most likely out of luck. 99% of the time they pop the faceplate off and check to make sure that the warranty sticker is there.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen them do that, ever.

I want to upgrade to a Slim PS3, my phatty is sounding sickly. Is this the best deal that's gonna come around? It would come out to like 100 for an upgrade, I dunno, doesn't sound too great.

I'd love to get rid of the Wii for $75. But I have too many VC games and credit. I don't think its been used since the first Mario Galaxy.

Wonder if I can trade in a soft modded wii? Still functions like a normal wii, just has the homebrew app on it. The wii was given to me as a form of payment, and I dont even own a game for it. It's just sat in the closet for the past year or so.

[quote name='krashhole']Wonder if I can trade in a soft modded wii? Still functions like a normal wii, just has the homebrew app on it. The wii was given to me as a form of payment, and I dont even own a game for it. It's just sat in the closet for the past year or so.[/QUOTE]

The worst they can do is say no.

I may take it over later and see. Either that or Craiglist it. From what I have read, the version like this one is sought after more because it can play Game cube games also whereas the new ones can't?

[quote name='krashhole']Wonder if I can trade in a soft modded wii? Still functions like a normal wii, just has the homebrew app on it. The wii was given to me as a form of payment, and I dont even own a game for it. It's just sat in the closet for the past year or so.[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is reformat the Wii in the settings area. It'll leave it like new.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']All you have to do is reformat the Wii in the settings area. It'll leave it like new.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I may hook it up shortly and check that out. I just don't want to screw it up as it's working now

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unless they changed it recently, it should work on cash trades.[/QUOTE]
I assume it still works but

It specifically states not good on cash trades

[quote name='therealdanhill']I want to upgrade to a Slim PS3, my phatty is sounding sickly. Is this the best deal that's gonna come around? It would come out to like 100 for an upgrade, I dunno, doesn't sound too great.[/QUOTE]

You could trade it in at the end of the sale, wait till E3 passes and see if there's a price drop (Pachter is predicting the PS3 to drop to $200) then buy your new Slim.

Wish Best Buy would give these values for system trade-ins. A big store credit there would be a lot more useful. I think I'm gonna trade my fat Elite 360, slim 160GB PS3 and 3DS towards a slim 360 and credit I guess. I don't touch the PS3 or 3DS ever.

[quote name='Trendy2']Wish Best Buy would give these values for system trade-ins. A big store credit there would be a lot more useful. I think I'm gonna trade my fat Elite 360, slim 160GB PS3 and 3DS towards a slim 360 and credit I guess. I don't touch the PS3 or 3DS ever.[/QUOTE]
my advice, trade the 360, wait until E3, don't sell your PS3, 3DS, great consoles. 360 may get a price drop or a better bundle.

Decent price on the Wii. Actually considering trading mine in as all I play on it is Resort...but then again GS credit doesnt sound too appealing to me right now

It's softmodded, why would you need to own anything to play the Wii's and Gamecubes entire library? The disc reader can be broken and you can still play almost it's entire library.

For those considering dumping PS3 60g, when I was going to do this last go around the EE suggested I reconsider b/c my system is in pristine shape and backwards comparability.

[quote name='nixmahn']It's softmodded, why would you need to own anything to play the Wii's entire library? The disc reader can be broken and you can still play almost it's entire library.[/QUOTE]I'm just not into gaming on the wii, which is pretty much why it has sat in the closet so long.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. I may have to find someone to dump this 60gb PS3 I have for me. I can't say no to getting rid of it for $150 and I may even have them take cash for it if the deal still applies.;) Nothing like tripling my money I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

I could do it for u, but I live in Maryland (Montgomery Mall area)

So looks like I'll be getting in on this. My PS3 is really starting to trip on itself. Sounds about as loud as a jet engine, and has begun to freeze on the home screen (without loading anything from a disc). Overheating like crazy, too.

Does anyone know if Gamestop offers any kind of data transfer if I buy the new system from them at the same time? I think the new Call of Duty MW3 bundle is what I'll wind up getting, but if I trade in the system how do I transfer all my data?

[quote name='firecracker22']So looks like I'll be getting in on this. My PS3 is really starting to trip on itself. Sounds about as loud as a jet engine, and has begun to freeze on the home screen (without loading anything from a disc). Overheating like crazy, too.

Does anyone know if Gamestop offers any kind of data transfer if I buy the new system from them at the same time? I think the new Call of Duty MW3 bundle is what I'll wind up getting, but if I trade in the system how do I transfer all my data?[/QUOTE]

Your need to transfer your data 1st. You need both ps3 side by side or transfer your data to a removable/portable hardrive using the system menu. You can't just remove the hard drive from the current and place it into the new one. That is why I never get in on these deals, can never find a large enough porthardrive to move my stuff.

Might unload my PS3 and collection with this. Does anyone know if they sell Amazon gift cards? Since cash doesn't seem to be an option, would like the next best thing.

I just traded my slim 4GB 360, Bioshock, Vanquish, Call of Duty 2, Mass Effect 2, and Super Street Fighter 4 for $177.90.

I picked up $100 for my Steam Wallet (Bring it on Summer Sale!) along with Devil Survivor Overclocked and Kid Icarus.

I was going to trade in my Wii, but I use it to extract my disc to USB to play on the Dolphin emulator. I still want to get the recent Kirby Adventure and The Last Story, so I'm keeping it around. Couldn't care less about the 360 now that I have a gaming PC. Only exclusives I cared about were Gears of War and Tales of Vesperia.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in this thread, but a federal judge recently suggested Microsoft should stop selling the 360 Slims in the United States based on a patent infringement lawsuit that Motorola filed (which was a counter to one MS filed and on and on and on). At any rate... there's a possibility, however "slim" ;) that these won't be available after a certain point... or it might just force the 720s out the door... who knows?

[quote name='Hiei69']I just traded my slim 4GB 360, Bioshock, Vanquish, Call of Duty 2, Mass Effect 2, and Super Street Fighter 4 for $177.90.

I picked up $100 for my Steam Wallet (Bring it on Summer Sale!) along with Devil Survivor Overclocked and Kid Icarus.

I was going to trade in my Wii, but I use it to extract my disc to USB to play on the Dolphin emulator. I still want to get the recent Kirby Adventure and The Last Story, so I'm keeping it around. Couldn't care less about the 360 now that I have a gaming PC. Only exclusives I cared about were Gears of War and Tales of Vesperia.[/QUOTE]

Two great games. Tales of Vesperia!
I havent play on Wii for a long time.

[quote name='midloo']Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in this thread, but a federal judge recently suggested Microsoft should stop selling the 360 Slims in the United States based on a patent infringement lawsuit that Motorola filed (which was a counter to one MS filed and on and on and on). At any rate... there's a possibility, however "slim" ;) that these won't be available after a certain point... or it might just force the 720s out the door... who knows?[/QUOTE]

So maybe all current slim in the US will drop lower price?

Does anyone know if you have to have the original wireless black controller with your slim or if you can just use a wired white one?

[quote name='RugerRellP89']Does anyone know if you have to have the original wireless black controller with your slim or if you can just use a wired white one?[/QUOTE]

the color doesn't have to match....but there is a price difference between a wireless and a "wired" one.

brought my 4 gig slim 360 in and got $150 on the dot for it with the bare minimums (power brick, av cables and 1 controller) no 10% extra

I'm about to be on my way to GS to trade in my 360 and an extra controller. Too bad there's not really anything I want to purchase from them. I hope I can find someone willing to buy my gift card at a discount for cash or paypal, or find another way to convert to cash.

Bah. The return on the Wii is nice, but I don't want to lose all my virtual console games. Really wish Nintendo tied them to an account and not the console.

I just called my local gamestop and they said they don't take YLOD ps3s. What is this refurb fee that everyone keeps talking about?

[quote name='dansoccerball']I have a YLOD PS3 would they give me the value of $150 and then just subtract the broken fee? TIA[/QUOTE]

^This.. If I can get something for my ylod, I'm happy. what their usual broken fee?

I can trade in the original xbox for 100 dollars. I guess i should go ahead and get rid of it. I'm not using it, and have no plans to do so. I'd love to have that 100 dollars saved up for the next xbox, or ps3.

I traded in our old wii today with extras I got 110. Bought 4 copies of Mass Effect 3(2 ps3, 2 360) for 109. Wife and I traded 2 each at BB for 120 total. Worked out good cause I didn't want GS credit and the wife got a Amazon GC for helping lol.

[quote name='k1ngster']Well then, what's there protocol when taking in these system? Checking for seal and power?[/QUOTE]You just answered your own question :applause:

[quote name='k1ngster']Well then, what's there protocol when taking in these system? Checking for seal and power?[/QUOTE]

They also put a disc in to make sure it runs ok. I traded my fat 360 in the past and my dvd reader was very loud, and wouldn't read sometimes (which is the main reason I wanted to get rid of it before it stopped working completely). They just took off $20 from the trade-in value as a refurbishing cost.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. Gamestop offers a cash option for trades and has for several years now. It's 20% less than the normal trade-in value though. But the PUR 10% usually applies to it and negates half of the reduction in value.;)[/QUOTE]

If the PUR 10% applies to it, you're still losing 20% right? Because otherwise you'd be getting 110% of the value of the trade in #, now you are getting 90 for the cash option (relatively)

bread's done
Back