GameStop Console Trade-in Values

[quote name='K_G'] ...so you can't have multiple copies of it floating around...just one that can be moved around....[/QUOTE]

Thats not true any more. With the last dashboard update they now have roaming profiles. Once you download/recover your profile on a new system you have the option to save its credentials to that system or require them any time you want to sign in. Once its recovered that profile will work on each system like it was on a single system. It just can not be used simultaneously.

I have two 360s and my profile auto signs in on both without deleting or recovering either. I just get a message that my profile was last signed oin on another console when I switch to the other.

The price varies for wireless controllers and wired controlers by $10 usually.

Some stores require you to have standard def a/v cables (not hdmi or component) to trade in.

just confirming that you don't have to be a paid "pro" power-up member to get this deal. i signed up for the free membership and got $150 for a fat 80GB PS3. great deal.

[quote name='StockDC2']Does anyone know if they'll take the old Xbox 360 that has been opened to have the RROD fixed? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

This will be YMMV based on store and/or employee. If they are busy or don't care, they won't check for seals. The last two times I tried bringing in a broken-seal 360 to my local two stores, they denied them.

[quote name='StockDC2']Does anyone know if they'll take the old Xbox 360 that has been opened to have the RROD fixed? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
That depends. Was it fixed by MS or by an indy shop that didn't put a new warranty seal on it? If it has the new seal that MS puts on the consoles after fixing them, then it shouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='dragoncdf']well i couldn't get the deal unless I was a paid member. I even told them it said nothing about requiring pro[/QUOTE]

Try another store?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is exactly why I decided to not even bother using my eBay account to try selling anything. It's far too focused on the potential liars...errr buyers. I know not every buyer is gonna be a scamming pos, but there's always that chance and that's what has scared me away from using them.[/QUOTE]

The majority of people are on the up and up. Every auction is a gamble on whether or not there's going to be fraud, I've had 3 fraudulent buyers in my 800+ eBay and Half.com sales. 2 were chargebacks for stolen CC's, and eBay handled them without issue. The 3rd was a Canadian lady taking advantage of no delivery confirmation, and got the game and shipping charges back from me. I've sold to 30+ Canadians, Aussies and Europeans and that was the only issue.

GameStop is definitely the place to unload consoles IMO. When they have deals like this one and the $140 with PUR coupon a couple weeks ago, it's a fair deal.

For consoles, I've only sold my two PS1s on eBay, the 360 is like 19lbs so it's expensive to ship.

Wait, I actually bought a As-is Xbox 360 Pro for $9.80 SHIPPED from a high volume PowerSeller and the darn thing WORKED! The disk drive was not reading disks, but it had a warranty seal on it. Re-sold it to a person who fixes them for $50, no issues.

[quote name='AvengingTheKite']Do you need The wii motion plus to trade in a black wii?
thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nope. These prices are for ANY Wii, PS3, or 360.

If you are trading any color with any remote it will give you these values. YMMV if you need to trade a slim with a wired controller, since it technically never came with one to begin with.

Definately trading in my 360. Don't think I'll be seeing a trade price for this much anymore. I wish my fat ps3 didn't flake out on me otherwise I'd sell that too.

it says any xbox slim for $150.

i have a 250gb i'm thinking of trading in. i guess i don't get anything extra compared to the 4gb and I can't trade the 250gb slim without the hard drive because gamestop computer tells their clerk "must include hard drive" and they don't have any internal memory unlike the old models with 256mb.

[quote name='flix1']I wish I was joking.

Long story, but my phat 60gb ps3 runs hot. After about 10-15 minutes, the fan kicks into high gear ... its loud and I'm reluctant to play anything for long on it, expecting it to overheat and possibly YLOD, and that's why I transferred to a new slim. I actually bought a clearance ps2 to play the handful of ps2 games I purchased for my ps3.

I had been thinking about selling the phat ps3, but if I sell it to someone and it YLOD on them shortly after purchase, that would suck for both them and me, as I'm sure there would be some repercussions.[/QUOTE]

You could always list the system as broken since it overheats.... tell them about the fan.... I wouldnt even trade it in to gamestop knowing im giving them a fucked up system

[quote name='slidecage']You could always list the system as broken since it overheats.... tell them about the fan.... I wouldnt even trade it in to gamestop knowing im giving them a fucked up system[/QUOTE]
I would. But that's because I received a fucked up PS2 from them before, so I'm just returning the favor.;)

[quote name='frpilot']it says any xbox slim for $150.

i have a 250gb i'm thinking of trading in. i guess i don't get anything extra compared to the 4gb and I can't trade the 250gb slim without the hard drive because gamestop computer tells their clerk "must include hard drive" and they don't have any internal memory unlike the old models with 256mb.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I've had that before. Blame MS for their stupid versions (I am guessing Gamestop had enough of people buying core systems and then complaining about/returning them because they couldn't save games, etc.).

Whew, my Xbox was just about going bonkers in just maybe couple of long play sessions away. Great that I got 100 bucks in credits. That's a lot for console that's unreliable as the old fat Xbox.

So seems like half the people got this to work with a basic membership and the other half were told they needed Pro. I've got 4 GS here, so hopefully at least one will do it with the free version. I'll probably try to get this done Thursday and report back I guess.

[quote name='Ketsui']anyone tried trading in banned xbox consoles? any luck?[/QUOTE]

I don't have an answer to your question, but this is more or less why I would never buy a used system from Gamestop. Too many people on these forums and even someone I know who works at Gamestop will trade in stuff that barely works or has some sort of problem. Great for them that they can get the credit, but that's why I buy the stuff new.

[quote name='bjstucker']I think its time to become a PS3 and PC/Mac gamer only. Goodbye 360 you served me well.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing. Although, I do have a 3DS/Vita. It's become increasingly clear to me that I am no longer the target gamer for the Xbox. The upcoming exclusives (what little there is) no longer appeal to me and I refuse to pay for Xbox Live. I used all that Trade in credit to fill up my Steam Wallet.

[quote name='Hiei69']That's what I'm doing. Although, I do have a 3DS/Vita. It's become increasingly clear to me that I am no longer the target gamer for the Xbox. The upcoming exclusives (what little there is) no longer appeal to me and I refuse to pay for Xbox Live. I used all that Trade in credit to fill up my Steam Wallet.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I am going to do as well. :bouncy:

[quote name='Hiei69']That's what I'm doing. Although, I do have a 3DS/Vita. It's become increasingly clear to me that I am no longer the target gamer for the Xbox. [/QUOTE]

It's really starting to feel that way for me too. I mean there's still a ton of older games I want to play and I have way too many 360s to jump ship now, but out of all the new games there's like five tops I'm interested in. I only I were a kid or a soccer mom, then I'd be in heaven!

[quote name='frpilot']it says any xbox slim for $150.

i have a 250gb i'm thinking of trading in. i guess i don't get anything extra compared to the 4gb and I can't trade the 250gb slim without the hard drive because gamestop computer tells their clerk "must include hard drive" and they don't have any internal memory unlike the old models with 256mb.[/QUOTE]

So if you buy the 250/320GB out of the box Slim systems, they don't have the memory chip like the 4GB Slim's do?

I have the power up rewards card, was able to trade in Wii for $75 without any issues.

I had the original wii with wii sports.

I included everything including game, manual, etc. I packaged it as new.

The guy was so impressed he told me your packing is amazing, he just took out the console, scanned something in, and gave me the credit.

It took less than 5 minutes.

[quote name='joogle']I have the power up rewards card, was able to trade in Wii for $75 without any issues.

The guy was so impressed he told me your packing is amazing, he just took out the console, scanned something in, and gave me the credit.

It took less than 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]
You probably didn't need to include the Wii Sports game with it, since they'll just sell that seperately anyway.

I wish I knew that, i think the game itself trades for $8.

ugh.

anyways, nothing i can do now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You probably didn't need to include the Wii Sports game with it, since they'll just sell that seperately anyway.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joogle']I have the power up rewards card, was able to trade in Wii for $75 without any issues.

It took less than 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no game is necessary to trade in a Wii. You should have gotten like $7 in credit for Wii Sports.

[quote name='bjstucker']I think its time to become a PS3 and PC/Mac gamer only. Goodbye 360 you served me well.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing -- mostly PC though.

And I'd hate to complain yet again about it but for me it was MS's fault for me leaving - that last update made finding anything such a pain and all the apps having the horrible Kinect interface I have a kinect but controller is much faster and now many MS remote control buttons are even disabled). What a disaster.

Too bad, I really enjoyed the 360 but the interface is horrible now and MS putting more ads everywhere and their plan to "monetize users" even further and I've just had enough.

As annoying as DRM, drivers, etc. can be I'll stick with the PC - I can still play games I played in the 80s on my PC (not always easily but I can) - good luck doing that on the 360 when the Xbox 720 comes out or if you let Gold lapse.

Tempting to trade in the wii or maybe the 360 I just got

So I get the base $75 with the Wii and $100 with the 360 do I get an extra 10% as a PUR member

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']Tempting to trade in the wii or maybe the 360 I just got

So I get the base $75 with the Wii and $100 with the 360 do I get an extra 10% as a OUR member[/QUOTE]

Nope. 10% extra isn't for consoles

Also when their are specials like this like a "guaranteed" price, the PUR doesnt' stack (for instance when Gamestop stays "Guranteed $30 if you trade in X game!" the 10% doesn't go ontop of that.)

I normally trash Gamestop but this deal actually came in handy. I was still highly annoyed by the employees, they were friendly but not people I'd ever hang around with.

I thought I was getting screwed on the deal because no one I talked to at Gamestop knew about this deal, or wouldnt acknowledge it. I took a PS3 fat 40GB and old 360 arcade. They told me I would only get $90 for the PS3 because its a 40gb. I was getting quite annoyed but went with it anyway because my wife really wanted the Star Wars Xbox 360 and her birthday is monday so why not? Another problem I had was I couldnt find my PS3 controller charge cable, the Mini USB. I figured it wouldnt be an issue, but they said I would have to buy one from them for $10. So I was down to $80 and getting more upset with Gamestop. Finally, we came to the end of the transaction and she said "Okay you got $250 for your trades". So I guess the deal goes through at the last part of it? I didnt have to be a PUR member, even though it says exclusive deal. I also came out $20 less than I though somehow. It was very strange, my wife and I looked at our receipt and she couldnt make any sense of how we got off cheaper.

Short version: Dont get discouraged if they say you wont get the full amount, it seems to work late in the deal. I didnt have to be PUR member, it just worked.

just realized a copy of Black Ops I bought from GameStop months ago is cracked on the disc... that's why you don't buy games and put them under a pile of other games and never play them I suppose... or at least check it before throwing in a pile... lol, waste of $20.

Does the xbox just need to be able play games for them to accept it? Because the disc drive on mine sticks sometimes, but other than that its fine. Also, do they take the hard drive too because I'd need that for when I transfer my data.

[quote name='STZ513']Does the xbox just need to be able play games for them to accept it? Because the disc drive on mine sticks sometimes, but other than that its fine. Also, do they take the hard drive too because I'd need that for when I transfer my data.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to trade in the hard drive. (It only gives you like $2 or something). They may try to charge you a refurb fee on the cd drive, but you can always try another location if they do.

[quote name='golfing7861']Really tempted to get rid of my Wii and a few games I have with it. Anyone know where I can sign up for the free Power Up thing?[/QUOTE]

You can do it in store. They will be happy that you signed up. Just make sure they don't try to put you on the $15 one with the magazine if you are not interested in it.

[quote name='slowdive21']You can do it in store. They will be happy that you signed up. Just make sure they don't try to put you on the $15 one with the magazine if you are not interested in it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information. Also I've got a bunch of old games and I was wondering if there was a calculator or something to predict how much I'd get for those and see my total credit and go from there on whether or not I should trade them it. (Already tried the one on this site and it's says no value found)

[quote name='golfing7861']Thank you for the information. Also I've got a bunch of old games and I was wondering if there was a calculator or something to predict how much I'd get for those and see my total credit and go from there on whether or not I should trade them it. (Already tried the one on this site and it's says no value found)[/QUOTE]
There's a whole thread dedicated to Gamestop trade in values. It's located HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317063

Unfortunately if your games are REALLY old and especially if they're sports titles, then you'd probably be better off melting them down into a puddle of molten plastic, since they will probably be worth $.05 each.

[quote name='DaShaka']I thought PUR doesn't work with cash trade in? I've always been told this every time I go to trade something in, maybe they are all liars?[/QUOTE]

Promotions do NOT apply to cash transactions. If you wanted cash you would get like $60 better off on Craigslist

Traded in my other fat 360- no hard drive, no warranty seal, and 1 wireless controller.
the only thing that was wrong with it was that it took a couple of tries to get the disc drive open. the girl behind the register didn't check the warranty seal, but YMMV

[quote name='sixxv0lt']Traded in my other fat 360- no hard drive, no warranty seal, and 1 wireless controller.
the only thing that was wrong with it was that it took a couple of tries to get the disc drive open. the girl behind the register didn't check the warranty seal, but YMMV[/QUOTE]
They checked the hell out of my consoles. Both were in great condition though. She checked seals, disc drives, hard drive size on my PS3 and played both of them for 5 minutes each. I guess it depends on who you get.

It is slightly tempting to trade in my 360 slim. Since im not a halo fan and im pretty sure that gears is done on the 360 i dont know any exclusive games that i want on the 360 at this point in time. It seems like Its only a multiplat machine now

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back