GameStop Credit Card Users

Mooplaid

CAGiversary!
I am posting this here so that more people see it, and I am aware it is not a deal.  This is related to the GameStop breach.  I got the letter like a lot of people here did.  Well, I got a call on my BBY card this morning and someone was using it in Arizona at a hotel and also bought $100 bucks worth of Dunkin' Donuts.  Considering it's been years since I've had an issue and I just received the letter about two weeks ago, I'm pretty sure it's related to the GameStop breach.

I just wanted you all to know so you might double check your transactions over the past and next few days in case the cards you use aren't as diligent as mine is.

Mods, if you feel that this should be moved, please feel free to do what you wish.  Just want to get word out. :)

IMG_3476.JPG

Wrong forum.  There's a personal stories forum you can post this in.

This stuff really pisses me off.  I'm enjoying a nice vacation in Arizona, just finished my breakfast of gold-plated donuts from Dunkin' Donuts and took a 5 minute break to check CAG to make sure I'm not missing any deals and I have to see this instead.  Unbelievable.  

Another thing, I've never been a pimp, but if I was, 1 hotel room and $100 of Dunkin' Donuts may have been a common Saturday morning expenditure.  

Would like to hear more about this Dunkin Donuts purchase. Was it all Donuts or did they get some coffee with it? Sometimes I get Iced Coffee there. Vanilla is my favorite. I usually go with extra cream and Splenda. Makes it taste better. Wait...should I be posting this here? Sorry sometimes I just like to tell stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this even though I don't really ever shop at GameStop, I can still appreciate the good gesture. Now I'd like to apologize for all the grown babies that are going to cry about this not being a deal lol

Thanks for posting this even though I don't really ever shop at GameStop, I can still appreciate the good gesture. Now I'd like to apologize for all the grown babies that are going to cry about this not being a deal lol
Grown baby pro-tip - monitor your credit/debit card accounts regularly and don't rely on random, misplaced posts on an online forum to inform you something may be amiss.

I seen the earlier post on the breach, and had looked and not seen anything that looked like it wasn't mine prior (though am double checking now).  But then this Arizona hotel and donuts.  I mean, heck, at the very least they could have sent me some.  It's been years since I've had Dunkin' Donuts.  But a $100 worth?  Just get the image of Hedismbot buried in donuts on my dime.  Well, 1000 of them I mean. :p

My American Express was likely compromised from this, but I knew that back when it was first reported back in March/April. Fortunately I reset my password as well as I have had several instances of someone trying to login to my GameStop account as well.

If anyone was potentially affected, they likely would have received a letter in the mail by now.

My bank account is segmented into three accounts. One account is for bills and direct deposit. One is for bills/receiving direct deposit and the third is for any purchases. I generally move a small amount of money needed into the purchase account so if my purchases card is ever compromised the funds held up will generally be less than $500.

Legit question: Can we sue GameStop or any company for having horrible security and letting our info be stolen? This if of course, if your were affected by this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Grown baby pro-tip - monitor your credit/debit card accounts regularly and don't rely on random, misplaced posts on an online forum to inform you something may be amiss.
Thanks to this post I checked my account and sure enough there were several unwanted purchases on my credit card. Mostly for gas, groceries, bills. . .

Thanks to this post I checked my account and sure enough there were several unwanted purchases on my credit card. Mostly for gas, groceries, bills. . .
Well obviously, after OP shut down his card the scammers had to move on to the next and it sounds like it was yours. I don't think OP deserves any praise. They'd still be using his card and yours would be safe otherwise.

And lucky timing and carelessness on your end still don't make for sound financial account management. #GrownBabyKnowsBest

Well obviously, after OP shut down his card the scammers had to move on to the next and it sounds like it was yours. I don't think OP deserves any praise. They'd still be using his card and yours would be safe otherwise.

And lucky timing and carelessness on your end still don't make for sound financial account management. #GrownBabyKnowsBest
G0Zf8yi.png

bread's done
Back