Gamestop: Credit to Cash

[quote name='UCLAevo']does GS allow you to take the credit on a card and cash out? if so, what rate is it or what cut is taken out? thanks.[/quote]
Nope, they don't, at least as far as I know.

You can only recieve cash when you trade in the item, I believe they take 20% when you decide cash instead of credit

You can use your credit on a preorder item, then cancel it later. You then have the option to take the refund in cash. It's sorta unethical though, maybe.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']You can use your credit on a preorder item, then cancel it later. You then have the option to take the refund in cash. It's sorta unethical though, maybe.[/quote]

I've seen people get caught. I'd be careful, since a lot of info is collected in their computers.

i think you can buy something that is like $5 over the amount of ur credit, and then return it for cash.... becuz the the receipt will say that u paid with cash, i think.

[quote name='davyd']Just put all your credit onto a single card and sell it for 80-90% of its value.[/quote]

i guess that's what my best option is - craigslist

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']You can use your credit on a preorder item, then cancel it later. You then have the option to take the refund in cash. It's sorta unethical though, maybe.[/quote]

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I've seen people get caught. I'd be careful, since a lot of info is collected in their computers.[/quote]
It's rather...sad that GameStop would consider it as unethical or as "stealing" when all you're doing is taking YOUR credit out as cash.

Guess they don't want people trying to avoid the 20% loss when opting for cash in trade-in values.

[quote name='Tsukento']It's rather...sad that GameStop would consider it as unethical or as "stealing" when all you're doing is taking YOUR credit out as cash.

Guess they don't want people trying to avoid the 20% loss when opting for cash in trade-in values.[/quote]

And? You get more in credit so you spend it in their store, that's the incentive for taking the extra credit. What incentive would they have to give you trade bonuses + the full 100% in cash to be spent elsewhere? :roll:

I got a $25 GC and used it to reserve Mario kart wii. When the game came out I didn't want to spend the extra $25 so I cancelled the preorder, and they gave it to me in cash without asking which one I wanted or anything. I was surprised and was like yay!

Last time I was in the Gamestop near me there was a weird dude hanging out by the counter asking people to use his gift card to make their purchase and then give him the cash afterward. I did it. He had like $53.xx on there and let me just give him $50 for it, plus he let me make the purchase on his card first before I gave him money so I would know it wasn't a scam or anything. I wasn't going to complain since I was about to spend the money anyway.

So, uh, yeah, I guess one solution is to creepily solicit strangers and hope the employees don't care.

bread's done
Back