Gamestop deal - Nintendo DS $99 with SP trade-in

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
187 (100%)
People have mentioned that EB has a current promotion where you trade in an SP and 2 games for $50 towards a DS.

Well Gamestop just came out with one a little better and gives $50 credit for just the SP.

Thanks. Offer expires 09 April 2005. Must be in working condition and subject to Manager's Approval.

If the DS gets a price drop when the PSP comes out do you think they will still give $50 credit for the SP.

In other words, lets say the DS drops to $125 on PSP launch day. Will the DS then be $74 or $99 after trade-in?

Does anyone know of a loop-hole that might be able to take advantage of a DS price drop? Something like getting it for $99 before the drop and then going back for a price match after the drop?

If the DS drops, the sp will too. Also, the SP is about to go to 50 anyway because of the new gameboy. I dont know of any possible loopholes. GBA sps are going for 50 on ebay now so this is a really good deal in my opinion.

Do I need the actually AD for this deals. Because I didn't get one. I got a silver sp in mint condition for $40, trade it, and get the ds for $99.

Honestly, I'd keep the SP. I have a DS, GBA, GBA-SP (NES version), and GB Player, and I still couldn't let go of my awesome SP.

100 dollars isn't that big of a difference if you're going to be spending 100 anyway, be sure you don't get brutalized with bad trade-ins. Though GS does give slightly better prices than EB does.

Another nice thing about this deal is you avoid paying tax on $50 of the ds. So you actually get $50+tax out of this.

[quote name='paul6']Another nice thing about this deal is you avoid paying tax on $50 of the ds. So you actually get $50+tax out of this.[/quote]

That would be nice, but it isn't true at the GameStop's in Southern California, as it is handled like any other trade-in and the tax is applied to the usual $149 price and then the $50.00 is deducted.

Or I was ripped-off by Gamestop again! ;)

bread's done
Back