Gamestop deal "trade in 3 360 games and get extra $20 credit" extended to July 29th

saddamizer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was originally slated to end on Sunday the 8th. This is especially good if you have games that are only valued at about 8-10 dollars as it nearly doubles thier trade in value. I was gonna unload Just Cause and Lego Star Wars tomorrrow but with this extension it gives me time to actually beat the games--or at least make an effort too.

I bet gamestop extended this in part for people who buy NCAA football and decide they'd rather have Madden instead.

[quote name='necrojustice']Got $60 altogether even though I had to point out to the worker that the extra $20 was still going on.
He asked where it said that, I said a big freakin banner behind me on the wall![/quote]

That reminds me of the time I went into Fred Meyer to get a price match refund on a video game. There's a big freaking sign in the electronics department that says they'll pricematch competitor prices within 30 days after your purchase. But the supervisor at customer service wouldn't give it to me, saying that wasn't their policy. But I didn't know there was a sign up at the time, even though I knew that was their policy, so I just went to another Fred Meyer to get the refund. I wish I would've taken that supervisor's name down so I could leave a bad customer service review .:bomb:

[quote name='necrojustice']
Got $60 altogether even though I had to point out to the worker that the extra $20 was still going on.
He asked where it said that, I said a big freakin banner behind me on the wall![/QUOTE]

I dunno what it is about GS versus any other company, but damn the employees are clueless sometimes. I had to hand the guy the flyer (on the counter right in front of him, BTW) to tell him it was indeed going on.

Apparently, my store is also influenced by he who dwells below, as their phone number is 522 - 6668. Somebody had to get the number, sure, but they're a business, couldn't they have chosen something else?

As for customer service: you may want to call back later, I'm a bit busy to look up trade-in values. . . . Really? I'm sorry I didn't mean to be a consumer wanting to give you business at an inopportune time. If you're too busy, don't answer the phone. What's that? That's bad business too, you say? Then I say your business model is flawed if one person calling in is too much for you to handle on a Friday at noon.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, that was really meant to be more funny than anything.

He did at least confirm that the extra $20 trade-in is still in effect, though there was a slight pause before that confirmation.

With that in mind, anyone have guesstimates for Prey, Tomb Raider Legend, and Ridge Racer 6?

[quote name='monkeydeew']

for you rich people with 360s..[/QUOTE]

So, any trade ins just for any of those three titles will work?

just so everyone knows, my best buy is now out of those clearance games. i actually went back and all the signage was gone, but a few of the games were still around, i'm thinking somebody screwed up.

anywho, can anyone confirm that the 20% bonus on trade-ins if put towards halo 3 is stacking with 10% edge and 20 dollars bonus?

[quote name='icyjones']just so everyone knows, my best buy is now out of those clearance games. i actually went back and all the signage was gone, but a few of the games were still around, i'm thinking somebody screwed up.

anywho, can anyone confirm that the 20% bonus on trade-ins if put towards halo 3 is stacking with 10% edge and 20 dollars bonus?[/QUOTE]

My clerk tried to stack the NCAA bonus and the $20, but it didn't work. Don't know about EDGE, though.

[quote name='monkeydeew']rule #4: never trade games to gs!!! and if u must, get swag out of the deal!!!![/quote]

IT's not to bad when you can find clearence deals. I remember a couple years back Circuit City had a bunch of XBOX/PS2 games for $5 each and GS was running a 5 games for a free game offer. Well, I bought 10 games for $50 total and I was able to pick up NCAA 05 and Madden 05. :applause:

Just in case anyone missed in some of the earlier posts.

The games that qualify are games that have a trade in value ABOVE $5.

Yes, you can stack with the edge card.

Any questions, call Kyle @207-253-1534. That is for the GS in Portland, ME.

I'm looking to trade in:

Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Call of Duty 2 or GRAW

How much do you guys think I'll be able to get for that?

[quote name='Tywon']I'm looking to trade in:

Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Call of Duty 2 or GRAW

How much do you guys think I'll be able to get for that?[/quote]

just a guess

Gears of War - $17.00
Viva Pinata - $9.00
Call of Duty 2 - $7.00
Ghost Recon - $8.00

[quote name='Kendro']FYI, Oblivion is receiving the GOTY treatment this September so it is probably best to unload it asap. [/quote]
Why would you want to buy the GOTY edition if you have the regular Oblivion? Do not sell it to GS/EB for half of what you can get on eBay and buy the GOTY edition. I hope you guys don't think that GOTY = $20.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173814.html?sid=6173814&part=rss&subj=6173814

"The new version will include the original game, expansion pack The Shivering Isles, and the extra content pack The Knights of the Nine. The GOTY edition is $59.99 for 360 and PS3 and $49.99 for PC and will be rated M for Mature like the original game."

Which is a good deal I guess, if you haven't paid for the KotN & Shivering Isles, if you're an Oblivion fan you have it already.

KotN was what? 800 points
Shivering Isles? 2400 points

I'll be generous and say it's a penny a point. (Buying it on xbox.com it's $0.0125/point) Those two are $32 right there, so the regular game will cost you $28 not counting any tax yet. Unless the article is wrong and they change their mind, then forget all that I mention. :argue:

[quote name='azortex']Why would you want to buy the GOTY edition if you have the regular Oblivion? Do not sell it to GS/EB for half of what you can get on eBay and buy the GOTY edition. I hope you guys don't think that GOTY = $20.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173814.html?sid=6173814&part=rss&subj=6173814

"The new version will include the original game, expansion pack The Shivering Isles, and the extra content pack The Knights of the Nine. The GOTY edition is $59.99 for 360 and PS3 and $49.99 for PC and will be rated M for Mature like the original game."

Which is a good deal I guess, if you haven't paid for the KotN & Shivering Isles, if you're an Oblivion fan you have it already.

KotN was what? 800 points
Shivering Isles? 2400 points

I'll be generous and say it's a penny a point. (Buying it on xbox.com it's $0.0125/point) Those two are $32 right there, so the regular game will cost you $28 not counting any tax yet. Unless the article is wrong and they change their mind, then forget all that I mention. :argue:[/QUOTE]

We all know it's $60. The expansion packs being included are the reason we didn't buy them in the first place.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']We all know it's $60. The expansion packs being included are the reason we didn't buy them in the first place.[/quote]

Wow, silly me. I bought it the same day without a thought of being a cheap ass. What was I thinking? Usually I shop around, but with that no hesistation to pull the trigger.

Chromehounds, Superman Returns, and Condemned are now excluded from the deal, hence the fine print:

"Other Exclusions Apply"...morons.

[quote name='vlv723']Chromehounds, Superman Returns, and Condemned are now excluded from the deal, hence the fine print:

"Other Exclusions Apply"...morons.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I really don't get all the exclusions on this deal. It isn't like this is a trade 2 (or 3) and get 1 free deal where the trade-ins have to be worth more than $30 (or $20 for 3) for EB/GS to make it worth giving you a new $60 game. All they are doing is adding $6.66 to each game. With the amount they mark them up it would seem nearly everything except the obvious exclusions (BK games, old sports stuff) would be OK. When they ran the extra $10 for 2 (or 3) trades last gen they didn't burden it with all these specific exclusions.

[quote name='io']Wow... I really don't get all the exclusions on this deal. It isn't like this is a trade 2 (or 3) and get 1 free deal where the trade-ins have to be worth more than $30 (or $20 for 3) for EB/GS to make it worth giving you a new $60 game. All they are doing is adding $6.66 to each game. With the amount they mark them up it would seem nearly everything except the obvious exclusions (BK games, old sports stuff) would be OK. When they ran the extra $10 for 2 (or 3) trades last gen they didn't burden it with all these specific exclusions.[/quote]Welcome to the new cruelty.

Yeah, I tried to trade Virtua Tennis 3, Bionicle Heroes, and MLB 2k7 today and something in there didn't qualify. The guy didn't tell me which one, but my guess is Bionicle.

I called yesteday about this deal and out of the 27 games I read off to the guy, who was very nice about it, he told only 7 would count for the deal as far as he could tell.

Luckily, my local EB went by the original list on the advertisement as the only exclusions (2006 & older sports titles, Burger King titles, NCAA Football 2007, X-Men, & Perfect Dark Zero).

So they let me use PGR3, FullAuto and Test Drive Unlmited towards a pre-order of PGR4. The first two did not qualify when scanned in their system, but they did a price override to jack up the trade-in credit.

However, the ad gives them way too much flexibility with a "other exclusions apply" disclaimer. That's BS.

I trade din today and I didn't get it because of Table tennis or Tony Hawk guy said "Its one of them I don't know" anyway I put it on my Halo Preorder so I got an extra 20% of that.

So it sounds like this deal, unlike the Wii and PS3 deals, is an automatic bar code thingy as opposed to manual price overrides? That is unusual for EB/GS :lol:. So the disclaimer in the ad is a way for them to provide "real-time" updates to the exclusions - they just add them in the computer whenever they want. Still, it is highly annoying as they are less restrictive with the free game deals (Wii and PS3) even though they just added some more to the Wii list. But in that case it is easy to tell which ones - anything that sells for less than $29.99 new (for the Wii). Maybe there is some cutoff of MSRP on these 360 games too? That might be one way to tell before you bother bringing them all in only to find out most don't qualify (complete speculation here - maybe anything that sells for $19.99 or less, new, doesn't work).

[quote name='Tywon']I'm looking to trade in:

Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Call of Duty 2 or GRAW

How much do you guys think I'll be able to get for that?[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty 2 is excluded. And I wouldnt be surprised if GRAW was as well. You guys should really hang on to your games. And no offense.trading in for a sports game? I know theres people out there that like sports games, but lets face it, when NCAA 09 comes out you wont be touching 08 anymore and you wont get crap for it. Just my 2 cents.

I'm thinking that any game under the trade-in value of $10 will be excluded...

But still, I think that Barnes & Noble (parent company) are some greedy bastards.

[quote name='vlv723']I'm thinking that any game under the trade-in value of $10 will be excluded...

But still, I think that Barnes & Noble (parent company) are some greedy bastards.[/QUOTE]

I dont think the trade in value would matter, I think its the value that they can resell it for matters. My theory is anything that sells less than $20 used might be considered excluded.

I want to trade in:

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Gears of War
NBA 2K7

How much do you think I would get for that? I'm hoping around the $63 arewa, I want to get APF...

It's amazing how bad the trade ins have gotten at GS/EB. I mean $20 for Oblivion (get $30 - $40 on Ebay) or $10 for Crackdown ($20 - $30 on Ebay); granted they need to make a buck too, but I would rather see better trade-in values over these jacked-up promotions they keep pushing.

In case anyone wondered I received
$20 for Gears of War
$15 for Lost Planet
$5 for GRAW 1

the guy who rang it up said that GRAW didn't qualify but he went ahead and overrided the price so that I could get the bonus.

[quote name='masked lemon']I want to trade in:

Gears of War
NBA 2K7

How much do you think I would get for that? I'm hoping around the $63 arewa, I want to get APF...[/QUOTE]

I dont think they accept sports games

[quote name='masked lemon']I want to trade in:

Gears of War
NBA 2K7

How much do you think I would get for that? I'm hoping around the $63 arewa, I want to get APF...[/quote]

i know that smackdown vs raw trades in for $11, if that helps.

Bumpin this up. I'm going to (maybe) head out today since tomorrow this all expires...I'm probably going to get rid of Shadowrun, Fantastic Four (LOL) and MAYBE Guitar Hero 2. I have 2 games + 2 controllers. I only want to keep 1 game w/ 2 controllers.

Will they except Guitar Hero 2 as a game...?

(Also, anyone know what the current trade in value of Shadowrun/F4 is?)

Good grief. Where these complete?!?!

If anybody wants to sell me Lost Planet for $15 and GRAW for $5, let me know.
I think I might go get a second job at Gamestop for a week, spend about $100 cash to customers, and have my gaming needs taken care of for a good while.

[quote name='necrojustice']In case anyone wondered I received
$20 for Gears of War
$15 for Lost Planet
$5 for GRAW 1

the guy who rang it up said that GRAW didn't qualify but he went ahead and overrided the price so that I could get the bonus.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='howlinmad']...I think I might go get a second job at Gamestop for a week, spend about $100 cash to customers, and have my gaming needs taken care of for a good while.[/quote]

I wouldn't mention that during the job interview, I think management frowns on that sort of thing.

Gamestop is full of it.

Went to one and was told of the 3 I was selling Madden 07 didn't qualify, because all sports titles didn't qualify. Now, this sign is huge outside on the window and says "Excludes sports games 06 and older". So I asked how's that possible and he just asked me to leave the store unless I want to sell the games. (wtf?)

So I call up another gamestop. The manager tells me all 3 of my games would go through. I get there, and then after ringing it all up they tell me, casually, "30 bucks". I ask what happened to the extra 20 and I'm told Madden doesn't count cause no sports titles.

Again, this advertisement is huge and in front of their store. So I point it out. The guy goes outside and reads it. Comes back in then says "oh, no, Shadowrun isn't elligible". How is shadowrun not elligible? It came out 2 months ago. Then he asks me if I still want to sell. I call shenanigans. Then the woman behind me, who had a stack of games she was selling, takes her son after overhearing this and tells him that he's better off keeping his games than to sell to these crooks. So...I at least struck a blow. *waves fist*

[quote name='Kanik']Gamestop is full of it.

Went to one and was told of the 3 I was selling Madden 07 didn't qualify, because all sports titles didn't qualify. Now, this sign is huge outside on the window and says "Excludes sports games 06 and older". So I asked how's that possible and he just asked me to leave the store unless I want to sell the games. (wtf?)

So I call up another gamestop. The manager tells me all 3 of my games would go through. I get there, and then after ringing it all up they tell me, casually, "30 bucks". I ask what happened to the extra 20 and I'm told Madden doesn't count cause no sports titles.

Again, this advertisement is huge and in front of their store. So I point it out. The guy goes outside and reads it. Comes back in then says "oh, no, Shadowrun isn't elligible". How is shadowrun not elligible? It came out 2 months ago. Then he asks me if I still want to sell. I call shenanigans. Then the woman behind me, who had a stack of games she was selling, takes her son after overhearing this and tells him that he's better off keeping his games than to sell to these crooks. So...I at least struck a blow. *waves fist*[/quote]

if you had any sort of receipt you could go to tellgamestop.com and request to talk to the dm through email or phone. i think thats the fastest way to get the straight up facts on the situation, but then youd have to buy something eeek

Went to gamecrazy and they offered 3 bucks less than what gamestop would've given me if they had added the 20 bucks, so I went with that. My first experience with gamecrazy, and it's been a good one.

Damn, if you have to jump through all those hopps and pray that the games you have aren't excluded, I will just hold on to my games and give them to some of my friends after I am done playing them.

Does anyone know of the upcoming trade-in specials at Gamestop (if any)?

I'm contemplating trading in my 360 and games for a PS3 because I'm tired of all of the issues I've been having with my 360. I just want to know if now is the best time to sell my games off, or if there is something better coming up.

I'd say now considering the 360 will drop in price by $50 so you'll get even less credit. But you are better off selling to another CAG or on eBay if you want maximum value.

Got $16 for Oblivion today ($22.67 with the promotion). Get rid of it while you still can, it will be almost worthless once the GOTY hits in September. An extra bonus was that I was able to keep the CE extras since GS accepts disc only.

[quote name='Kendro']I'd say now considering the 360 will drop in price by $50 so you'll get even less credit. But you are better off selling to another CAG or on eBay if you want maximum value.[/QUOTE]

I ended up calling and they said they only pay $145 for it which is insulting, so I went checked estartland instead. I can get around $775 for my console and games, so I may go that way. Of course, they have no PS3 in stock which is an issue.

I wanted to sell it all at once to make it easier on myself. I don't have a ton of time or patience to sell the stuff off one by one. I know I could make more, but I'll take the hit for the convenience factor.

Has anyone used estarland? How strict are they?

[quote name='abitteroldman']I ended up calling and they said they only pay $145 for it which is insulting, so I went checked estartland instead. I can get around $775 for my console and games, so I may go that way. Of course, they have no PS3 in stock which is an issue.

I wanted to sell it all at once to make it easier on myself. I don't have a ton of time or patience to sell the stuff off one by one. I know I could make more, but I'll take the hit for the convenience factor.

Has anyone used estarland? How strict are they?[/QUOTE]

I have and they are pretty cool and have great customer service. I traded games and a used gamecube last year

[quote name='dpadilla4']I have and they are pretty cool and have great customer service. I traded games and a used gamecube last year[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I knew they were legit, I just didn't know much about them.

bread's done
Back