Gamestop DLC Mispriced?

wugenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Hey guys,
So I missed out on the Plants Vs. Zombies 800 pt sale. It has jumped back to 1200. Anyhow, I was at the mall and I stopped into gamestop for the heck of it, and I saw their DLC "wall" with different DLC you can buy from them. I saw the voucher for Plants vs. Zombies labeled at $9.99, so I was glad to see it for 10 bucks. So I took it up and when the guy scanned it, he said it was $14.99. I told him that it is labeled $9.99 on the voucher itself and he thought that was weird.

He was real cool about it, and sold it to me for 9.99 but I was wondering if this is a common problem with DLC at Gamestop. I have never really bought DLC from there before so I don't know why they would have DLC card with the wrong price on them.

Yeah, This happened to me when i tryed to buy fat princess dlc voucher, the front one was 7.99 and the one's behind that was 14.99, so i went ahead and took the 7.99 one to the counter, he scanned it but for me.. no luck he told me they must of upped the price, i wanted that game for half the price though, yes, i guess its common. (Seeing as theirs two of us anyways,) But yeah dude you got lucky =P

There were two of the DLC card left for Plants vs. Zombies and they both had 9.99 on them. There weren't any that said 14.99. I didn't really push the issue with the guy, I told him that if it is 15, I didn't want it. He took it upon himself to fix the price for me.

From my understanding working at retail, if something is marked at a certain price, it has to be honored for that price. (When I used to work at Target in college that's what we were told anyway)

I also know that Plants vs. Zombies has always been 15 bucks, so I don't know why they would even have card for them for 9.99. Unless they were incorrectly printed.

[quote name='wugenius']

From my understanding working at retail, if something is marked at a certain price, it has to be honored for that price. (When I used to work at Target in college that's what we were told anyway)

[/QUOTE]

GameStop teaches the same policy, except there's a footnote that encourages the employees not to adjust the price for any reason. No matter what an employee may whine to you, if it's tagged something (This is for any game, guide, etc. regardless of it being a stickered price or print-on price.) they have to give it to you for that price. Insist upon it. Also, if you know it's cheaper by checking sale pricing, etc. you can insist that they sell it to you for the lower price.

Don't be intimidated or apprehensive of complaining; you're the customer. ;)

I am pretty sure that in most places its illegal to sell something for higher than the tagged price, regardless of the situation or what the item is. Just because they are Gamestop doesn't mean they can break the law.

bread's done
Back