GameStop E-Mail Coupons

[quote name='shrike4242']Eragon @ $9.99 makes you wonder how much cheap achivements are worth. :whistle2:s It's such a turd, though it is cheap achievements.[/quote]

I should be completing the 1000 this weekend, they are pretty easy but playing through the levels twice (or even once) is a real chore. My advice is do a level or night or something, that way you'll be less likely to want to hang yourself at any point.

Ha, the Ant Bully deal is still going. Still doesn't specify new or used. So someone could drop a used copy to $4.99 with the coupon, lower that with the Edge Card by 10% and then trade it in to another store with the $10 extra trade-in coupon.

[quote name='Tsukento']Ha, the Ant Bully deal is still going. Still doesn't specify new or used. So someone could drop a used copy to $4.99 with the coupon, lower that with the Edge Card by 10% and then trade it in to another store with the $10 extra trade-in coupon.[/QUOTE]

When the clerk tried the coupon on the used version, it didn't work. I ended up getting the new one and flipping it with the $10 extra credit coupon. Only a $5 profit after $10 out of your pocket.

[quote name='k9homan']i get redirected to GS's home page.[/QUOTE]

That always happens to me with EB/GS links here.

[quote name='benjamouth']I should be completing the 1000 this weekend, they are pretty easy but playing through the levels twice (or even once) is a real chore. My advice is do a level or night or something, that way you'll be less likely to want to hang yourself at any point.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, aren't videogames SUPPOSED to be fun ;)

I got the coupons...hit delete.

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmm, aren't videogames SUPPOSED to be fun ;)[/QUOTE]
You're so last-gen. Fun? Don't make me laugh. It's all about the achievements, baby!

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmm, aren't videogames SUPPOSED to be fun ;).[/quote]

I must admit Eragon was one of those games I sat there a few times thinking "why the hell am I playing this again".

But that's the genius of Achievements, it entices gullible people like me into playing crappy games. I suppose there might be an argument to be made that playing games you'd never normally play is a good thing.

Sorry, bit OT there.

$10 fpr 1000 points is good "value" I suppose.

I know Eragon is crap, but for 10$ I'm getting a copy. Easy achievements, plus it's all about killing time till Persona 3 for me.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Supercake']I know Eragon is crap, but for 10$ I'm getting a copy. Easy achievements, plus it's all about killing time till Persona 3 for me.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Here, here...

Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='k9homan']i get redirected to GS's home page.[/QUOTE]
That's because it's a not on the site's webpage. It's supposed to be a deal for the e-mail subscribers. Someone smarter then me should take a screen grab of the e-mail codes and post them up. Even though it doesn't say on the coupon, it's for new copies of the game.

I bought Eragon for $10 during lunch. Mostly because I'm a fan of the books. The movie's bullocks but I went to see it anyway.

Do achievements serve any purpose other than bragging rights? If not, I'm reluctant to consider someone willing to pay $10 for 1000 units of braggery "cheap" ...

[quote name='benjamouth']I must admit Eragon was one of those games I sat there a few times thinking "why the hell am I playing this again".

But that's the genius of Achievements, it entices gullible people like me into playing crappy games. I suppose there might be an argument to be made that playing games you'd never normally play is a good thing.

Sorry, bit OT there.

$10 fpr 1000 points is good "value" I suppose.[/quote]

[quote name='walletandgromice']Do achievements serve any purpose other than bragging rights? If not, I'm reluctant to consider someone willing to pay $10 for 1000 units of braggery "cheap" ...[/quote]

TBH they're not even particularly good for bragging rights. The overall score means very little in terms of how skilled you are, you have to look at the individual scores for each game for any kind of meaningful comparison with any one else. Even the merits of that are debatable when you consider how many people "boost" their gamerscore with others.

so i printed out the coupon, so the gamestop URL appears on the upper part of the printout. didn't bother to cut-out the coupon.

went to EBstop, and guess what, they didn't honor it. they say it was fake. like hello!!!! see that URL on the upper right corner??? i was like you guys need to go have break and grab some Jamba Juice. this heat is messing your heads. so they finally gave in.

so finally got Eragon (360), as i will be giving that as a gift to my nephew.

[quote name='Supercake']I know Eragon is crap, but for 10$ I'm getting a copy. Easy achievements, plus it's all about killing time till Persona 3 for me.

Thanks OP.[/quote]

I don't have enough time to play some of the good games that come out. I need to work from home or something.

I thought achievements were something you earn, not force yourself to earn, lol.
I honestly doubt any one will ever look at your gamerscore, btw.
Mine is 21,000 for not even trying. If I beat a game and missed achivements, no care. With some people well past the 200k's, I don't think any one is going to make much of a fuss out of yours.

I always thought the higher your score the more likely candidate for a virgin and social misfit you are, like my brother...

The irony of an achivement system in videogames is that the higher you get, the less people actually respect you, and will troll you on xbox live, especially on GOW.

I traded in SPM for a cool $43 yesterday w/ that $10 extra Wii/PS3 trade in coupon.

Today, I went back and got Eragon for $10 w/ coup. Then used the Ant Bully $10 off on a used copy. So that only cost me $4.49.

Now I plan on flipping Ant Bully back with the newly extended $10 extra coupon Wii/PS3 trade coupon. That should get me $15-ish?

Does anybody know if they are excluding Ant Bully trades at this point?

Why must you people torment me? Even a crappy 360 game is worth $10 to me.

This is going to be #5 I've bought this week. Ugh.

Superman (cc), PS:U (kmart), Tenchu (expertzone), Ridge Racer (GS) and now this.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']So is the $10.00 extra working for people?[/quote]

in addition to not mentioning the copy of lumines i was buying had jumped to 34.99, they jooed me and said it only applied to a new copy of AB and that it was excluded from being traded in while the coupon was valid. I know one store i'm gonna report to tellgamestop.com :)

[quote name='monkeydeew']in addition to not mentioning the copy of lumines i was buying had jumped to 34.99, they jooed me and said it only applied to a new copy of AB and that it was excluded from being traded in while the coupon was valid. I know one store i'm gonna report to tellgamestop.com :)[/quote]

But... the coupon IS only for the new copy. It's YMMV on getting it to work. The trading in part is stupid, though.

Eragon also came with a $5 concession cash check, so I guess I can use that for some popcorn next time I'm at the movies.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Eragon also came with a $5 concession cash check, so I guess I can use that for some popcorn next time I'm at the movies.[/QUOTE]

The coupon expired a long time ago.

Anyway, Eragon is hardly the worst game ever. I am enjoying it (my expectation was very low). It is kinda like LOTR movie games a few years back, so if you like those, you will like this one. Easy achievements and semi-enjoyable game (funny the game is actually better than the crappy movie).

[quote name='CaoPi']9.99 for Eragon? wondering how much this trades in for at other places?[/quote]

I traded a copy of Eragon to Blockbuster this past Sunday for 19 in credit.

[quote name='monkeydeew']in addition to not mentioning the copy of lumines i was buying had jumped to 34.99, they jooed me and said it only applied to a new copy of AB and that it was excluded from being traded in while the coupon was valid. I know one store i'm gonna report to tellgamestop.com :)[/quote]

Lmao, nice. "Jooed" I like it.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Thanks OP, went in and got the last factory sealed copy of Eragon from my local Gamestop![/quote]

I got the last one too. They tried to give me an opened one. hahaha

Somebody brought in one of the coupons today and wanted to get Eragon. We rang it up, typed in the coupon code, and nothing. I had written down the code before I went to work, and what I had was the same one. We tried it a few times, but it still didn't go through. We ended up just discounting the game to the 10 bucks. It's just weird that it didn't work.

Can anyone confirm that the ant bully wii coupon will work on USED copies? I'd love to turn my mound of EB credit into more EB credit by buying a used copy w/ coupon, then trading it in w/ the 10$ bonus coupon... rinse and repeat.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Can anyone confirm that the ant bully wii coupon will work on USED copies? I'd love to turn my mound of EB credit into more EB credit by buying a used copy w/ coupon, then trading it in w/ the 10$ bonus coupon... rinse and repeat.[/QUOTE]

The coupon didn't work when I tried getting a used copy, so I had buy the new one.

I suppose it could YMMV if you tried to argue to the clerk the coupon doesn't specify new or used.

I finished Eragon in 3 days (normal + hard), it wasn't that bad. The 2nd flying stage was tough, but that was the hardest part.

thanks picked eragon up because i have a friends birthday and hes on his 360 24/7. im sure he dosent have this game cause its mediocore. Hes an achievement whore so hopefully he'll play the shit out of it

[quote name='imacgod']The coupon didn't work when I tried getting a used copy, so I had buy the new one.

I suppose it could YMMV if you tried to argue to the clerk the coupon doesn't specify new or used.[/quote]

you gotta talk to the manager and remind them that the coupon doesn't mention anything about new or used copies. I did talk them into it so I got Ant Bully used for $4.49

unless you really want to sell your old game...you might as well as go to toys r us and use their 20% off coupon since you get to keep your old game and get 10 bucks off a new one.

bread's done
Back