GameStop EA Sports Active 2 $69.99 Online Only

EA Sports Active franchise is awesome. I love the first one and the expansion.
But I don't know why they charge so much for this one to begin with.

[quote name='miriamleo']EA Sports Active franchise is awesome. I love the first one and the expansion.
But I don't know why they charge so much for this one to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Look at the box, they put like 2 sensors and 1 heart rate monitor in there. I'm surprised it is only $99.99.

Nice find OP. Only, don't know if I should holdout for the NFL Training camp version

[quote name='miriamleo']EA Sports Active franchise is awesome. I love the first one and the expansion.
But I don't know why they charge so much for this one to begin with.[/QUOTE]

They're charging more because EA threw in some heart rate monitors and I think it may also have motion sensors. Even then, it still seems overpriced at the $99.99 MSRP. Probably charged so much to cover the expense of developing the PS3 & 360 versions. This $69.99 price seems more reasonable.

And yeah, I also really enjoy Sports Active

[quote name='shoe478']I got the first and I wasn't happy with the move detection, that is what worries me about this one.[/QUOTE]

Only real issue I have comes with lunges and then it's only a problem recognizing a lunge on one leg but not the other. Usually means I end up doing more reps on one leg instead of the other. Annoying nonetheless.

You kinda have to figure out what set position the game is looking for to trigger the counter. It's usually the beginning or end of a movement

I have the 360 version and it works pretty well, as long as you have lots of room. Also, you have to stand facing the TV before each exercise. Minor things, but overall good.

Well, I ended up getting one. I love the idea of stat tracking and completing programs; I typically fall short when I manage exercise routines myself.

Not sure how I feel about dropping $75 after tax, but if it helps me lose these last 25 pounds, it will be worth every penny.

bread's done
Back