GameStop / EB Games Speculation Thread

Wblaze

CAGiversary!
I tend to believe that with the economy in the toilet and the amount of margin GS/EB makes on used games that they will run the buy 2 get 1 free on used games 2 or 4 more times before x-mas. What do you think? I can hope, right?

[quote name='Wblaze']I tend to believe that with the economy in the toilet and the amount of margin GS/EB makes on used games that they will run the buy 2 get 1 free on used games 2 or 4 more times before x-mas. What do you think? I can hope, right?[/quote]

I tend to believe that with the economy in their toilet, people will be less likely to put up with their shit and ripoff trade-in values.

~HotShotX

Bit OT, but I think you might see games dropping quicker from their initial $60 price tag.

The "Hi-Def Tax" worked ok in the boom times, be interesting to see if it still works now, or in a few months time when we're feeling the effects of the economy more..

I don't think people will be as eager to pay $60 for a game.

It'll be interesting to see how this works out. Gaming is definitely a luxury, so it is something that can be cut. Good games will still sell though, bad games will drop fast (but, then again, they seem to drop pretty quick now).

You may be right on the buy 2 get 1 though. There are strong margins in the used market, so if Gamestop wants to move product, they could run such sales. I have a feeling they will have some strong sales during the holidays, whether that be B2G1 or the % off coupons.

I disagree with the poster that people in a bad economy would be more likely to demand more for trades. My guess is that people are more desperate during these times (either needing money for their trades or the only way to get a new game is to trade in older ones). So, if anything, I could see Gamestop trade in values get worse during this time, not better.

bread's done
Back