Gamestop/Ebgames holiday price gouging

LiveCrazy_Joe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Did anybody notice that they raised they're prices for the holidays. Ive been looking at certain games and now they are almost full price now.

There was a small boy looking at games too and he noticed the same thing while I was in the store.

Anybody with similar experiences?

I don't feel like adding much to this, but I can say that Guitar Hero World Tour is back to $60 now. I had been under the impression that it had been a price drop (to $50), because the used copies changed accordingly (which I don't believe they do in the event of the new copies being on sale).

Actually, now GameStop drops their prices on the used ones when they are having a sale on the new ones. Sounds smart doesn't it. Well, it took them long enough to figure that out.

For example, FarCry 2 + Prince of Persia + End War are all on sale for $40 each until January 5 (around there I think). Accordingly, GameStop dropped their used prices to $34.99, which is pretty nice if you use your Edge card and get them for $31.50 ish

My future brother in law got me 3 used games for XMas from Gamestop. They look like someone used them as ice skates on gravel. Way to go Gamestop.

Gamestop drops and raises their prices regularly so what you are probably seeing are just the normal changes in their system. A lot of other people on here report that they have seen prices being raised for the B2G1 sales as well so that could be another explanation since I think there is a B2G1 sale going on right now.

Price changes have been very light at GS lately. Very few games have gone up in price. Several have come off sale though. The sales were for before Xmas. It is now after Xmas, go figure.

[quote name='JJSP']He said "certain games", Demo! What more do you need?!?[/QUOTE]

An example of a game and a price. Not that it matters since others have now given examples.

bread's done
Back