GameStop employee incompetence: Redemption!

CrimGhost

CAGiversary!
Ok let me set the scene for you...

I walk into GameStop(cue happy music), I see the employee talking on the phone and cursing, at first I thought it was a jerk customer. But then found out it was just a friend of the employees.

So I say, "excuse me". The employee was a butch carpetmuncher, the man looking thing answered "umm yes", I said "I would like to cancel my pre-order and get a refund". Then it went on like this...

Employee: A refund?!? For what?

Me: My pre-order on the Xbox 360.

Employee: Umm you're going to have to come back
later, because theres no money in the register.

Me: Umm I was told I can get a corperate check in the mail.

Employee: No!

Me: Let me talk to the manager.

Employee: I am the manager! (Bullshit!)

Me:Well whoever I talked to yesterday on the phone told me I can get a check for the amount.

Employee: Hold on a second, (walks into the back room)

It comes out of the back room on the phone, with a "oh shit im wrong face". It tells me to come back tomorrow when the "real manager" is here.

And that was my day. Oh and the reason im getting a refund is because I have more of a chance getting an Xbox360 from Sams Club, being a business member rules! Anybody else run into this kind of situation?

It's illegal for a company to keep your money on merchandise they can't or won't deliver. Tell them to screw their "register" story and either credit your debit/credit card immediately or start the refund policy before you leave the store.

You've already given them an interest free loan for 3-6 months, unless it was in store credit like mine was. Don't let a BS employee screw you like that.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']It's illegal for a company to keep your money on merchandise they can't or won't deliver. Tell them to screw their "register" story and either credit your debit/credit card immediately or start the refund policy before you leave the store.

You've already given them an interest free loan for 3-6 months, unless it was in store credit like mine was. Don't let a BS employee screw you like that.[/QUOTE]

I know man. I'm heading there again tomorrow, I expect all my cash or a check. There was no way around it, I have anger issues so I left and said i'll call tomorrow and be back.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Ok let me set the scene for you...

I walk into GameStop(cue happy music), I see the employee talking on the phone and cursing, at first I thought it was a jerk customer. But then found out it was just a friend of the employees.

So I say, "excuse me". The employee was a butch carpetmuncher, the man looking thing answered "umm yes", I said "I would like to cancel my pre-order and get a refund". Then it went on like this...

Employee: A refund?!? For what?

Me: My pre-order on the Xbox 360.

Employee: Umm you're going to have to come back
later, because theres no money in the register.

Me: Umm I was told I can get a corperate check in the mail.

Employee: No!

Me: Let me talk to the manager.

Employee: I am the manager! (Bullshit!)

Me:Well whoever I talked to yesterday on the phone told me I can get a check for the amount.

Employee: Hold on a second, (walks into the back room)

It comes out of the back room on the phone, with a "oh shit im wrong face". It tells me to come back tomorrow when the "real manager" is here.

And that was my day. Oh and the reason im getting a refund is because I have more of a chance getting an Xbox360 from Sams Club, being a business member rules! Anybody else run into this kind of situation?[/QUOTE]

Should file a complaint. I wouldn't take shit from grunt employees that try to act like managers. You shouldn't have to go there a second time and waste your time. I would of cussed him out. Like WTF, you're the manager and you don't give refunds? I hate having to go to loopholes.

[quote name='CrimGhost']I know man. I'm heading there again tomorrow, I expect all my cash or a check. There was no way around it, I have anger issues so I left and said i'll call tomorrow and be back.[/QUOTE]

Let your anger take control. fuck that employee.

Yeah...I'm sure the story went more like this

In comes Crom Ghost.
He walks up to the counter and looks at the very attractive 22 year old female employee
Sexy Employee - Hello Sir! How may I assist you today? Would you like to see our stash of hidden PS1 RPG's us employees keep hidden in the back?
CrimGhost - No bitch! I don't want my xbox 260 n e more cuz I can get it at Sams club! Refund me now....or else!!!!! (Shakes Fish Homer Simpson style)
Sexy Employee - Certainly Sir! However, it is 10AM and I just opened. I do not have any cash in my till as of yet. Would it be possible for you to come back in an hour so I could process that for you?
CrimGhost - NO WAY!!! I preordered on October 31st and you promised me a 260 2 weeks before launch!!!!!
Sexy Employee - Im sorry, you must have mis-understood me. I said you would be on the 2nd SHIPMENT, which may come two weeks after launch.
CrimGhost - Well, I'm not leaving without my refund you moron! If you want me to leave, you better let me atleast sniff you're panties!!!!
Sexy Employee- Well, anything to make a customer happy! That's the GameStop Motto! (Cue Happy Music and CrimGhost sniffs Sexy Employees Blue thong).

Sorry, I'm bored

[quote name='gizmogc']Yeah...I'm sure the story went more like this

In comes Crom Ghost.
He walks up to the counter and looks at the very attractive 22 year old female employee
Sexy Employee - Hello Sir! How may I assist you today? Would you like to see our stash of hidden PS1 RPG's us employees keep hidden in the back?
CrimGhost - No bitch! I don't want my xbox 260 n e more cuz I can get it at Sams club! Refund me now....or else!!!!! (Shakes Fish Homer Simpson style)
Sexy Employee - Certainly Sir! However, it is 10AM and I just opened. I do not have any cash in my till as of yet. Would it be possible for you to come back in an hour so I could process that for you?
CrimGhost - NO WAY!!! I preordered on October 31st and you promised me a 260 2 weeks before launch!!!!!
Sexy Employee - Im sorry, you must have mis-understood me. I said you would be on the 2nd SHIPMENT, which may come two weeks after launch.
CrimGhost - Well, I'm not leaving without my refund you moron! If you want me to leave, you better let me atleast sniff you're panties!!!!
Sexy Employee- Well, anything to make a customer happy! That's the GameStop Motto! (Cue Happy Music and CrimGhost sniffs Sexy Employees Blue thong).

Sorry, I'm bored[/QUOTE]

LoL. So how many panties how you sniff?

In comes Crom Ghost.

Sorry, I'm bored[/QUOTE]

...right. Everything is accurate, except I pre-ordered in June and went in the store at around 2PM. haha

I asked for this too but since I got my preorder totaly through trade in cash they wont gimme money. I traded nearly 500$ in stuff.

[quote name='BREVITY']I asked for this too but since I got my preorder totaly through trade in cash they wont gimme money. I traded nearly 500$ in stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thats crap because we just got an email from corporate that says we can refund any trade in credit for cash if it is on a 360

In comes Crom Ghost.

Sorry, I'm bored[/QUOTE]

OMG CAG erotic stories! HAWT!!!!

[quote name='CrackinBacks']Since you guys are getting it at Sams, I wonder if I have a better chance getting it @ Costco...[/QUOTE]

Entirely depends there dude, since I walked in today, all the managers at my Costco were cursing, I asked them what was up, and the shipment of 24 that I'd been checking on the comp for the past week is not getting to us for launch day. Might want to check your local store as though every single store was supposed to get around 24, might want to ask them anyway. Ask the an employee to do an item check on item 15555. It's a bundle package for $479.99 with an extra controller, a charger for the controller and PGR3.

As well, I'd heard that some Sams Clubs are returning their shipments as the packaging on their bundle wasn't set up properly or something. In any case, might want to double check on whether your Sam's Clubs are really getting them or not.

so Costco isn't selling just the console alone?....I already paid for PGR3 @ GameRush and after trading in first Splinter Cell and PGR2, got it for 22 bucks. Guess I could sell the extra Copy on Ebay or something.....thanks for the info.

[quote name='sonderiaom']
As well, I'd heard that some Sams Clubs are returning their shipments as the packaging on their bundle wasn't set up properly or something. In any case, might want to double check on whether your Sam's Clubs are really getting them or not.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, lets just hope that they get their shipments back before the 22nd.

[quote name='flashburn']OP: So....where is this redemption you speak of?

Making you come back the next day != redemption.[/QUOTE]

No, the redemption is seeing the stupid look on the employee when she knew she was wrong. Oh and I got my refund, I didn't even have to walk in the store. I called, asked for the manager, my check is in the mail.

bread's done
Back