Gamestop: Extra trade credit on certain Wii titles.

Radioactive_Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
l_b509aa3c3891e3c8ce855ec491694f7e.jpg

[quote name='Tsukento']Why am I getting a bad vibe from this...? I didn't receive anything like that in my e-mail.[/QUOTE]

seeing as I work for gs I'm not going to make up an email. I got it for some reason though

If you're already getting $25 for Mario Strikers Charged, you'll get more than $35 for it if you do the 5 games or more 30% (plus 10% edge card and YMMV additional 10% for pre-orders or 20% for Halo 3, Mario Galaxy, or ?GTA IV?)

lol @ Metroid 3 not being in the list :)

[quote name='monkeydeew']so this implies gs/eb connects your game purchases with your edge card and email? kinda spooky[/QUOTE]

Not at all. If you sign up on the gameinformer website and use the Edge code to activate your account for 60 days, they're going to know your e-mail and edge card # and what you buy.

I tried to trade in Paper Mario last week and they only offered me like $22. I'd take $35 for sure. Any chance of getting this deal without receiving the email?

[quote name='joekun']I tried to trade in Paper Mario last week and they only offered me like $22. I'd take $35 for sure. Any chance of getting this deal without receiving the email?[/QUOTE]

print it out and take it to the store. They need the ebc code on the bottom.

Wow, GS is really taking liberties with its specials ever since it did record sales last quarter. I already like GS, but this is making it one of my favorite stores ever.

Has anyone noticed GameStop is somewhat desperate for Wii trade in titles? They don't get very many, or so it seems. I struggle to find used copies of popular games, unlike the PS3 or Xbox 360 always has some.

I will admit, they're offering more for $50 wii titles than the average $60 PS3/360 game. $35 is about what they should be giving all the time, without bonus "deals", however.

[quote name='n2Deepeth']Wow, GS is really taking liberties with its specials ever since it did record sales last quarter. I already like GS, but this is making it one of my favorite stores ever.[/QUOTE]

On behalf of all of the CAGs that can't stand EB/GS because of their shitty prices on trade-ins, charging more than 200% mark up on some of the used games they sell, and most importantly their lack of decent service at most locations don't ever think you should say its your favorite store because we could give you thousands of reasons to not even shop there ever again.

[quote name='jer7583']I will admit, they're offering more for $50 wii titles than the average $60 PS3/360 game. $35 is about what they should be giving all the time, without bonus "deals", however.[/QUOTE]

That is the main reason I try to trade newer games online rather than trade them.

[quote name='twen']That "email" just screams fake to me.[/QUOTE]

They have actually done this several times before. Its like Gamestop's way of keeping track of your purchases by giving you a deal on trading the games you purchased back in to them.

Thanks OP, I think I'll print this out and trade in Sonic (which I didn't like), I don't think I paid much more than $25 when I got it from Liongames.

This email just prompted me to beat Super Paper Mario today. And I'll trade it in for MP3. I was after dungeon 6 in SPM, so I was close, I just haven't played the game in months (Really, my Wii hasn't got much use of late, with so many 360 games to play).

[quote name='monkeydeew']so this implies gs/eb connects your game purchases with your edge card and email? kinda spooky[/quote]

Well, you prob purchased new, so you prob did not use your card. (but I am sure tracking is done that way too). But this prob went to people who reserved one of the wii titles listed, and have gave their email address, as your email is tracked on that account. I had strikers, paper mario, and zelda reserved. I got the email around 9pm est last night.

I just tried to use this and it -did not work-. The employee was not able to scan it so he entered the coupon codes by hand. It took the code he entered but it did not change the trade in value. I noticed this when I left the store... it just gave me the extra 30% for trading in more than 5 and the extra 10% for the card.

So I ended up getting $28 for Big Brain and $19.60 for Sonic.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I just tried to use this and it -did not work-. The employee was not able to scan it so he entered the coupon codes by hand. It took the code he entered but it did not change the trade in value. I noticed this when I left the store... it just gave me the extra 30% for trading in more than 5 and the extra 10% for the card.

So I ended up getting $28 for Big Brain and $19.60 for Sonic.[/quote]

I suspect what happened here was the "Trade in 5 games" deal overrode the extra credit deal. I've had this problem before, you have to make sure and seperate stuff out, keep it to one deal per transaction.

I hope somebody gets this to work ASAP.

If so, goodbye Cooking Mama. I hardly knew thee. (Literally. It's still in shrinkwrap.)

Yeah, I just got it to work; I just returned from my local GS. I gave him the printout and told him I had planned to hold on to the games but then I got that email (ok, ok, that's a lie, I just snagged the printout from here). He didn't really seem to have a problem at all putting it in the computer. His fellow associate had to help him somewhat, but I don't think they had to do anything manually. It stacked with Edge card too. On my receipt it shows separate promo numbers for each game, 3232, 3231, and 3239 for Zelda, SPM, and RE4 respectively. Here's the breakdown:

Base / Bonus / Edge Bonus = Total:

Zelda: TP - $25 / $10 / $2.50 = $37.50
Super Paper Mario - $25 / $10 / $2.50 = $37.50
Resident Evil 4: Wii Ed. - $18 / $2.00 / $1.80 = $21.80

So I got $96.80 in credit altogether; not too shabby.

I think I will trade in Big Brain Academy tomorrow for MP3. I bought at CC in for $10 off ($40) plus buy two Wii games get $10 off (making its total cost $35.00).

Thanks OP

[quote name='mkernan']

Resident Evil 4: Wii Ed. - $18 / $2.00 / $1.80 = $21.80
[/quote]

whatwhatwhat gs still only charges $26.99 for it used??????

:( If I don't find Trauma Center when i decide to get it, I'm gonna be mad they didn't put it on the list to get some used copies!

[quote name='monkeydeew']whatwhatwhat gs still only charges $26.99 for it used??????[/quote]

The previous extra $10 for any wii/ps3 game coupon was better actually,

RE4=
$15 + 10% + $10 = $26.50 After Coupon & edge card.

I traded Super Paper Mario (same as reported above) and:

Cooking Mama: $18 + $17 bonus + $1.80 Edge = $36.80

100% trade in bonus sure beats their laughable Trade 3 and get 10% more "deal."

[quote name='cranguy']I traded Super Paper Mario (same as reported above) and:

Cooking Mama: $18 + $17 bonus + $1.80 Edge = $36.50

100% trade in bonus sure beats their laughable Trade 3 and get 10% more "deal."[/QUOTE]

That just doesnt add up for some reason

[quote name='cranguy']I traded Super Paper Mario (same as reported above) and:

Cooking Mama: $18 + $17 bonus + $1.80 Edge = $36.50

100% trade in bonus sure beats their laughable Trade 3 and get 10% more "deal."[/quote]

From the OP's e-mail, Cooking Mama should be $20 + $15 bonus, so you should have had $2 Edge to get $37.

[quote name='Ace!']That just doesnt add up for some reason[/quote]
You're right, fixed.

I know the OP's email says $20, but the base was $18 when I got there. Maybe it's been lowered in the day or two since the email sent out. It only makes $0.20 difference in the end, so I don't care much.

Man I don't know about you guys, but my store already has 20+ TPs... why do they want to give $35 for this game if it's just going to sit on the shelf...

[quote name='hurley7715']just got it to work no problems traded in zelda tp and got 35 + 2.50 edge for 37.50 total towards halo 3[/quote]
I take it that you were not offered the 20% extra trade-in deal, or did you ask about it and were denied?

I was going to trade-in Zelda too and was wondering if I could get the extra $5 towards Mario Galaxy.

Has anyone else asked or been offered the extra 20%?

I was offered the 10% and 20% deals toward reserves. I didn't take them though, and the employee said I was the first customer in months with a trade-in offer page like this one, so who knows if it will actually stack. I guess they could always manually enter it.

bread's done
Back