GameStop - Fragile Dreams: Ruins of the Moon Preorder Bonus Soundtrack

The latest Nintendo Power informed that it was a new addition to the title. No clue what difference that makes. Maybe easier for our challenged American minds to understand?

Damn, I've already got it pre-ordered from Amazon with the Gold Box discount. I wonder if the soundtrack will really be worth the extra $5.36 it would cost me to pre-order from GS instead or not . . .

Edit: Looks like Barnes and Noble is getting the soundtrack bonus too (see the note at the bottom of the listing):

http://videogames.barnesandnoble.co...ms-Farewell-Ruins-of-the-Moon/e/853466001285/

Surely if they're getting it, Amazon will, right?

Edit 2: Ah, found this -- if this is correct, it looks like all pre-orders for the game will be getting it:

http://www.zentendo.com/news.php?newsId=3158

Most the import reviews I read weren't that great, said it was just a so-so game with great graphics. I'm definitely not paying full price on this one.

Haven't been able to confirm yet whether it's GameStop exclusive or not, but GS's daily deal is currently 10% off any game $49.99 or more (coupon code "BIGGAMEDEAL", good until 2/8 11am CST). That with tax added took it to about $2.50 more than my Amazon pre-order, so I went ahead and moved my pre-order to them just to be sure that I'll get the soundtrack disc.

[quote name='momouchi']LUVNU should take 15% off at GS until 2/11 since this is a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, even better. Thanks.

[quote name='momouchi']LUVNU should take 15% off at GS until 2/11 since this is a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much makes another of my Amazon orders cancelled. Thanks GS, I guess.

With the 15% off the game was only .40 cents more to order from GS as opposed to Amazon. Canceled my Amazon order just to make sure I get the soundtrack. I think a soundtrack is worth .40 cents, haha.

I like that you can switch between english and japanese dialogue. i prefer my games in english but sometimes the dub is terrible (eternal sonata)

The game sounds awesome at least. I'll probably wait til it is cheaper though. Should have went with the Sakura Wars Wii price point, I'd be all over it.

[quote name='arcane93']Haven't been able to confirm yet whether it's GameStop exclusive or not, but GS's daily deal is currently 10% off any game $49.99 or more (coupon code "BIGGAMEDEAL", good until 2/8 11am CST). That with tax added took it to about $2.50 more than my Amazon pre-order, so I went ahead and moved my pre-order to them just to be sure that I'll get the soundtrack disc.[/QUOTE]

Barnes & Noble isn't the best place to check if its a GS exclusive only since they do ship all of their games through GS, so it would make sense that Barnes & Noble would be offering the bonus soundtrack too. If you really want the bonus soundtrack, I would say just get it through GS since its not a guarantee Amazon will offer it.

Just got an e-mail stating that this is indeed a GS exclusive. I don't care enough to cancel my amazon preorder. Now, if it were an artbook, it might be a different story.

Has anyone else who pre-ordered from the Gamestop website had it "backordered"? When I checked my order status earlier this morning to see if they'd shipped yet, they were listing the soundtrack disc as backordered, but not the game itself. Now, they're listing both that way. I placed my order well over a month ago too.

Also, according to the store locator, there isn't a Gamestop store within 100 miles of me (and I'm in the DC area, so there are a lot of stores within 100 miles) that has it in stock.

Very strange. All I can say is that I'd better get my soundtrack disc, as that was the only reason that I did the order through Gamestop . . .

[quote name='arcane93']Also, according to the store locator, there isn't a Gamestop store within 100 miles of me (and I'm in the DC area, so there are a lot of stores within 100 miles) that has it in stock.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's a result of the way the store inventory is updated on their website as opposed to the game not being in stock. But calling first would be ideal.

I was initially excited for this because of how it looks and the artistic concept, but gameplay videos look pretty bad with the player running around a bunch of brainless enemies and awkwardly swinging a too-small-weapon missing half of the time. It looked very frustrating and slow.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I was initially excited for this because of how it looks and the artistic concept, but gameplay videos look pretty bad with the player running around a bunch of brainless enemies and awkwardly swinging a too-small-weapon missing half of the time. It looked very frustrating and slow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Nintendo Power magazine gave the game a 5.5, I believe, saying that while the game has a quality premise, the combat execution is really lackluster.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']I'm pretty sure that's a result of the way the store inventory is updated on their website as opposed to the game not being in stock. But calling first would be ideal.[/QUOTE]

Well, I was just using it for info. They're actually supposed to be shipping me a copy. I didn't trust in-store pickup because they tend to mess up the bonuses. Joke's on me if I don't end up getting a soundtrack disc anyway!

[quote name='arcane93']Has anyone else who pre-ordered from the Gamestop website had it "backordered"? When I checked my order status earlier this morning to see if they'd shipped yet, they were listing the soundtrack disc as backordered, but not the game itself. Now, they're listing both that way. I placed my order well over a month ago too.

Also, according to the store locator, there isn't a Gamestop store within 100 miles of me (and I'm in the DC area, so there are a lot of stores within 100 miles) that has it in stock.

Very strange. All I can say is that I'd better get my soundtrack disc, as that was the only reason that I did the order through Gamestop . . .[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat earlier but I just checked and my game and soundtrack are both showing "shipped" now with tracking info.

Perhaps I need to start pre-ordering online (if I ever pre-order at GS). I went to get my copy today (the ONLY pre-order for it I might add) and of course there was no soundtrack. I might have actually picked it up, but for game only with the myriad combat complaints, GS got a nice cancellation. I've heard the music is great (hence my wanting of the soundtrack).

[quote name='LoneGun']I was in the same boat earlier but I just checked and my game and soundtrack are both showing "shipped" now with tracking info.[/QUOTE]

Same here. About two hours ago both game and soundtrack were Backordered and now both are shipped.

[quote name='LoneGun']I was in the same boat earlier but I just checked and my game and soundtrack are both showing "shipped" now with tracking info.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yeah, now mine is showing as shipped too. Yay!

[quote name='Nirron']Perhaps I need to start pre-ordering online (if I ever pre-order at GS). I went to get my copy today (the ONLY pre-order for it I might add) and of course there was no soundtrack. I might have actually picked it up, but for game only with the myriad combat complaints, GS got a nice cancellation. I've heard the music is great (hence my wanting of the soundtrack).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I totally don't trust Gamestop stores for pre-order bonuses. I've heard too many horror stories, both here and from friends, about people never actually getting them. Most of the time I'm not that interested in bonuses anyway, but I really liked what I'd heard of this soundtrack, so I wanted to get it.

I dunno, I'm playing this game more for the art and the story than the combat. If I enjoy those enough (and at least the art looks really cool, won't be able to judge the story until I play it), I can forgive a clunky combat system.

anyone know if I could keep the soundtrack from gamestop and return the game to a B&M store (if I ordered from gamestop.com)? anyone know anything in their return policy stating I couldn't do this?

[quote name='quatrevav35']anyone know if I could keep the soundtrack from gamestop and return the game to a B&M store (if I ordered from gamestop.com)? anyone know anything in their return policy stating I couldn't do this?[/QUOTE]
I have done it once without problem but that was a year or two ago. There is no value to the soundtrack so they most likely won't ask for it. If they ask you why you return it, just say you found out the review is mediocre and don't think it's worth $50.

I might have to just start pre-ordering exclusively online now. I pre-ordered in-store for this game and when I went to pick it up, the worker told me they gave away my soundtrack because I didn't pick it up on the first day. Where I am, there are 2 gamestops situated across the street from one another (seriously), so I walked across the street, asked if they had any extra, non-pre-order-allocated soundtracks. That store got my money.

Also, no gamestops have ever asked me for the bonus back when returning, considering there's no record of me actually having received it.

[quote name='thirdrose']I might have to just start pre-ordering exclusively online now. I pre-ordered in-store for this game and when I went to pick it up, the worker told me they gave away my soundtrack because I didn't pick it up on the first day. Where I am, there are 2 gamestops situated across the street from one another (seriously), so I walked across the street, asked if they had any extra, non-pre-order-allocated soundtracks. That store got my money.

Also, no gamestops have ever asked me for the bonus back when returning, considering there's no record of me actually having received it.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh the first day??? I've had gamestops not even get my pre-orders in on the first day...

[quote name='thirdrose']Also, no gamestops have ever asked me for the bonus back when returning, considering there's no record of me actually having received it.[/QUOTE]

With this one at least, if you ordered it through the website and had it shipped, it's listed as a separate line item on the invoice.

bread's done
Back