GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']picked up namco museum. The store i went to had at least 6 or 7 copies left. Looked like the same amount from when the sale first started.

Noticed a few light scratches on the disk when I got home. Guess that's what happens when they open all the games.[/quote]

Are you going to exchange it?

got

PS3
History Channel Civil War-14.99

PS2
Nitro Bike 3.99

PSP
Metal Gear 7.99

wanted Bee game 360 and Juiced 2 PS3 but all gone.

Found all the games I was looking for on this Final Clearance.
Got:
Line Rider 2 (DS), 7.99
300 (PSP), 9.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (360), 9.99
Crash of the Titans (360), 12.99
Hidden & Dangerous 2 (PC), 29 cents (can't beat that price!!)

[quote name='kaydigi']Are you going to exchange it?[/quote]

Doubt it. They're probably all in this condition or worst. It was nothing major. Most likely just their great handling of discs. Although it does make me wonder if this was one of their take home rentals.

they're all in stock at my local store. even Valkyria Chronicles didn't get touched...nothing really did.

but I might pick up some of the psp games now, and C&C for 360

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']are those prices accurate/correct for metal gear, silent hill, ff1 and ff2 on psp...and C&C 3 Kanes Wrath (360)?[/QUOTE]

Well, I can confirm that I got a FF II for $7.99 this evening (as well as TRA for $12.99 and Namco Museum for $9.99). I then returned it at another GS using my older $9.99 receipt. Yeah, I'm a cheap-ass bastard ;). I also got 50 cents back on my Tomb Raider Anniversary. In that case I thought it would be more of a discount but I forgot I had used the 10% coupon originally so the price only went from $13.49 to $12.99 - but since I was there anyway I went ahead and claimed my 50 cents. I combined all this with picking up a copy of Namco Museum and returning the gutted Dark Spire they gave me when I picked up my preorder the other day (when I realized that was gutted I ordered it online using the $10 coupon I got for the $5 off fiasco at the beginning of the Game Days sale). Plus my daughter wanted to hit up some other stores at the Mall anyway. Of course, that ended up costing me WAY more than I saved on the games but it made her happy and I got to be a cheapass on my game purchases at the same time :lol:.

I wish gamestop still carried older video game stuff. In the mid-2000's they started selling again, then they got rid of it all. Sigh...

[quote name='nightmare452']Found all the games I was looking for on this Final Clearance.
Got:
Line Rider 2 (DS), 7.99
300 (PSP), 9.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (360), 9.99
Crash of the Titans (360), 12.99
Hidden & Dangerous 2 (PC), 29 cents (can't beat that price!!)[/quote]

True, I had a chance to grab it but I just left it....looked so old and outdated.

Wow... I am livid. I just now realized that my Valkyria was canceled. I went to check on the status since it -still- hadn't shipped, and canceled without so much as an e-mail to notify me. And now I'm sh-t out of luck on finding it for $30. Plus the $10 off I used going towards it is null and void.

[quote name='monstericreated']Wow... I am livid. I just now realized that my Valkyria was canceled. I went to check on the status since it -still- hadn't shipped, and canceled without so much as an e-mail to notify me. And now I'm sh-t out of luck on finding it for $30. Plus the $10 off I used going towards it is null and void.[/quote]

What a bummer... It's a great game. Most stores had these the first few weeks of the sale.

Just a question here. If my store still has Valkyria Chronicles, is it now selling for $15 or is it back to regular price?

The reason I ask is I still have the game unopened with receipt. Would I be able to get a price adjustment on that? Thanks for the knowledge.

Valkyria Chronicles / VC is back to $59.99 new & 54.99 used at GameStop. Feel free to break the seal & enjoy your game ;-)

Picked myself up a copy of MLB Power Pros for $3.99 yesterday.

My one friend and I still play RBI Baseball on the NES everytime he is visiting, so I figured we might enjoy this one.

Thanks for the heads up on the final clearance! ^^

[quote name='ZCG']Valkyria Chronicles / VC is back to $59.99 new & 54.99 used at GameStop. Feel free to break the seal & enjoy your game ;-)[/quote]
Thank you sir.

I've just been so busy that I haven't even been able to unwrap the game and play it.

So Gamestop.com says Persona 3 FES is 14.99 new.

And its at a few Gametops near me..

...That's very worth it, no? (Or is the price online-only? I noticed its lower than what the OP has it for..)

[quote name='plutoknight']So Gamestop.com says Persona 3 FES is 14.99 new.

And its at a few Gametops near me..

...That's very worth it, no? (Or is the price online-only? I noticed its lower than what the OP has it for..)[/quote]

Bought it instore today, and yes its a good price...even for a like new copy of the game. (its "new" but opened and covered in stickers)

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Bought it instore today, and yes its a good price...even for a like new copy of the game. (its "new" but opened and covered in stickers)[/quote]
Oh so its "gutted"?

Eh, as long as it has the original art and book and disc, idc. I can always switch cases to remove the stickers XD

...I've been eyeing this game for a while, if only because I hear its great bang for your buck AND one of the best RPGs on the PS2 (100+ hours of gameplay?!). I've never touched a persona game before...

Guess I'll be purchasing it tomorrow. 15 bucks is too hard to pass up.

I picked up one of the last two Namco Museum for $9.99. Worked out nicely because I almost bought it when it was $14.99, so it paid to wait. I also received the DMC box set as a gift a few weeks ago thanks to this sale, so thanks op! :)

Edit: I also noticed several copies of Sonic Unleashed in the bin at $29.99. I think this was part of the Game Days sale, but according to the website it's at regular price. Maybe my store just forgot to relabel them. Just letting anyone interested in that game that you might have a chance to get it at a discounted price still (YMMV).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plutoknight']Oh so its "gutted"?

Eh, as long as it has the original art and book and disc, idc. I can always switch cases to remove the stickers XD

...I've been eyeing this game for a while, if only because I hear its great bang for your buck AND one of the best RPGs on the PS2 (100+ hours of gameplay?!). I've never touched a persona game before...

Guess I'll be purchasing it tomorrow. 15 bucks is too hard to pass up.[/quote]

Definitely worth the money. I put 80 hours in with just the original Persona 3. I'm thinking of trading it in for $7 with the current TIV deal and getting FES for $15.

Finally had to bite on the Namco Virtual Museum. Wanted it for the 14.99 but just couldn't get myself to do it...turns out 9.99 is my breaking point. Last one in store too.

Speaking of Persona 3. What type of box is it suppose to come in? For instance, some ps2 cases have a memory card slot holder, some dont. For those who bought this factory sealed, did it come with a memory card slot holder? Im wondering, because the box looks kind of like it was switched out for a somewhat cheaper one. It has a PS symbol above the game disc, which I dont think Ive seen before and the case feels a bit weird (thinner than most).

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Speaking of Persona 3. What type of box is it suppose to come in? For instance, some ps2 cases have a memory card slot holder, some dont. For those who bought this factory sealed, did it come with a memory card slot holder? Im wondering, because the box looks kind of like it was switched out for a somewhat cheaper one. It has a PS symbol above the game disc, which I dont think Ive seen before and the case feels a bit weird (thinner than most).[/quote]
those are the newer game cases. yes i have p3 fes from release date and it has the featured case, p4 also has the same case design.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Speaking of Persona 3. What type of box is it suppose to come in? For instance, some ps2 cases have a memory card slot holder, some dont. For those who bought this factory sealed, did it come with a memory card slot holder? Im wondering, because the box looks kind of like it was switched out for a somewhat cheaper one. It has a PS symbol above the game disc, which I dont think Ive seen before and the case feels a bit weird (thinner than most).[/QUOTE]

The cheap kind unfortunately.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Do the Personas come with the artbook and bonus cd? Or is this just the game?[/QUOTE]

No, game only.

Too tired/lazy to read through the thread, but I asked my manager friend at gamestop if I could return a game from the gameday sale and I was told that they received an email stating that they could not refund any games from the sale - weird, especially since there was not a sign stating all sales final - may try to return it to a different gamestop hoping they haven't received the memo - for the record, I have no reason not to believe this person's story, has been very straight forward with me in the past.

Driving reason behind this; wanted to return Namco Virtual acrcade, saving $5 (actually $3.50 - used a 10% off coupon on my original purchase) sounded pretty good to me.

I am too tired and buzzed to go through almost 150 pages of posts. Has anyone mentioned that the Metal Gear solid 4 bluetooth headset is only $15 with this clearance?? I just picked up one and there were 2 left at the location i went to here in chicago.

[quote name='autche']Too tired/lazy to read through the thread, but I asked my manager friend at gamestop if I could return a game from the gameday sale and I was told that they received an email stating that they could not refund any games from the sale - weird, especially since there was not a sign stating all sales final - may try to return it to a different gamestop hoping they haven't received the memo - for the record, I have no reason not to believe this person's story, has been very straight forward with me in the past.

Driving reason behind this; wanted to return Namco Virtual acrcade, saving $5 (actually $3.50 - used a 10% off coupon on my original purchase) sounded pretty good to me.[/QUOTE]

Your manager friend is wrong. I went today and got all my items price matched. Got like 25 dollars back by returning some final fantasies, and resident evil uc.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Your manager friend is wrong. I went today and got all my items price matched. Got like 25 dollars back by returning some final fantasies, and resident evil uc.[/quote]

Unsure if the manager was wrong or the store you price adjusted at didn't read the memo; either way your post lets me know there is a reasonable chance to return/price adjust my items. Thank you, I'll give it a go here this week and see what happens.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']When does the final clearance prices end?[/quote]

Don't know but your going to need to go ASAP because pickings are getting pretty slim.

[quote name='bywaytm']Don't know but your going to need to go ASAP because pickings are getting pretty slim.[/quote]

My son is looking for sonic riders zero gravity. I think I have a little time for that one.

Cool Springs Galleria - GS Today: Picked up 2 :360: Namco Virtual Arcade for 9.98 New. Not much else there. Lots of PSP and UMD movies avail but not much for the home consoles.

[quote name='pauloindy']Cool Springs Galleria - GS Today: Picked up 2 :360: Namco Virtual Arcade for 9.98 New. Not much else there. Lots of PSP and UMD movies avail but not much for the home consoles.[/quote]

Looking for anything specific? The one near BestBuy still had quite a few titles as of Sunday. They were re-stickering when I was there.

[quote name='pauloindy']forgot about that one...i'll stop by and see what's left. THANKS![/quote]

Don't forget Thoroughbred Village (near TJ Maxx, the shopping center where Circuit City used to be), too. I didn't go there, so I don't know what they had. I only stopped by the other one because my wife had to return something to Ross.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']picked up namco museum. The store i went to had at least 6 or 7 copies left. Looked like the same amount from when the sale first started.

Noticed a few light scratches on the disk when I got home. Guess that's what happens when they open all the games.[/quote]

I picked up a sealed copy of Namco Museum last night for $9.99.

You know some GameStops have a few sealed copies of the games in the drawers. I have NEVER purchased an unsealed/new game from GameStop. I always smile and politely ask, "Do you have any factory sealed copies of this game for sale?". In my experience, they have always had more than a few copies available whenever I ask.

It also probably helps that I am 6'6" and 340lb, so people tend to give me what I ask for. :D

But it never hurts to ask.

bread's done
Back