GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) List made
2) Drumming fingers together impatiently
3) Finally go to GS Sunday
4) Only end up getting the one thing they have in stock out of 6.
5) Alas! Disappointment!

In for Namco Virtual Arcade. I'm going to cancel out my Goozex request on that one.

Still debating on a few other items, though.

Namco and Silent Hill for me. That's a penny underneath free shipping on gamestop.com, but if saver's not working I guess it doesn't matter.

[quote name='Josef']Yes, they will (referring to GS price adjusting). Or at least, they did it for me in the past. It could be on a store by store basis though.

I may just go with the website this time, assuming there will be free shipping. It sounds like that will be the only way to get factory sealed copies, and I don't personally feel like removing the large ultra sticky Game Days stickers from each game case that I buy. Sure, I won't get to use the coupon online, but that's the price I'm willing to pay to get an actual sealed new copy.[/quote]
good point...ill be doing the same

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Dumb question that was probably already asked but, if Valkyria Chronicles is $29.99 new, does that mean I'll be able to buy a used copy for $24.99?[/quote]

If it's anything like the last Gamedays sale, then no. Used prices stay the same as they were before the sale.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Dumb question that was probably already asked but, if Valkyria Chronicles is $29.99 new, does that mean I'll be able to buy a used copy for $24.99?[/quote]

No, used copies do not change in value.

[quote name='The End']Can I get a little bit of advice from you guys regarding Valkyria Chronicles?

I don’t own a PS3 yet. In fact, I probably wont buy one until the holiday season. But Valkyria Chronicles is one of the games that I’m very much interested in playing on the system. Do you think that I should buy it now at $30 knowing that I’ll eventually be getting a PS3? Or do you think I might be able to get a copy somewhere down the line?[/quote]

I would say buy it now, it's a ripping deal. If it's still around then it probably will have dropped, to what I have no idea. The only potential issue I see with waiting and getting it new is that people had a hard time finding it. You just have to decide if you want to roll the dice.

Are these games listed in a circular for the sale? By this I mean; will I be able to take the circular to Best Buy or other price matching establishment if my GS is out of stock of something?

I am definitly looking to pick up a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. Would it be necessary to mess with one of the midnight sales or show up right when a store opens on Sunday in order to get a copy? I haven't been to one of these Gameday sales before and had some concern that VC may go quick.

Thanks

[quote name='Bateman']I am definitly looking to pick up a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. Would it be necessary to mess with one of the midnight sales or show up right when a store opens on Sunday in order to get a copy? I haven't been to one of these Gameday sales before and had some concern that VC may go quick.

Thanks[/quote]

SRPGs tend to be very niche outside of some well known ones (such as Final Fantasy Tactics) so I doubt it's going to fly off the shelves. These sales, at least in my area, don't need to have games fly off the shelves. Last year one of the hot awesome items was Odin Sphere, and I saw copies at 2 of my local GS's for a few weeks.

Hell, I saw both copies of Odin Sphere last through the entire Game Days sale of last year at the store right across the street from me. If memory serves me right, they never sold, either.

Wow, I hope the prices posted earlier were not all accurate. If so, most of these deals are horribly mediocre. A lot of the deals are only 25% off, not 50%. When you add tax and gutting, it makes it a really not so great deal, especially since most of these games will be available for less on Amazon or other vendors as time goes on.

I just dumped my copy of Valkyria for $44 on amazon.... I may use credit to pick it back up, easy conversion of credit to cash, and a small profit to boot... I may just hold out... i am about half way through and then I made the mistake of getting KZ2 and havent looked back.

Hmm.... what to do.

[quote name='bojay1997']Wow, I hope the prices posted earlier were not all accurate. If so, most of these deals are horribly mediocre. A lot of the deals are only 25% off, not 50%. When you add tax and gutting, it makes it a really not so great deal, especially since most of these games will be available for less on Amazon or other vendors as time goes on.[/quote]

Yeah apart from VC which everyone seems to be loving the rest of the deals are crap, mind you it's not like GS is overly eager to get rid of new stock.

[quote name='Nirron']SRPGs tend to be very niche outside of some well known ones (such as Final Fantasy Tactics) so I doubt it's going to fly off the shelves. These sales, at least in my area, don't need to have games fly off the shelves. Last year one of the hot awesome items was Odin Sphere, and I saw copies at 2 of my local GS's for a few weeks.[/quote]

Haha, I know my GS in the ghetto still has copies of Odin Sphere that were part of the Game days sale and are now converted to used. I went at 10:25am the day the sale started, and I'm fairly certain I'm one of at most three people to buy it there.

[quote name='bojay1997']Wow, I hope the prices posted earlier were not all accurate. If so, most of these deals are horribly mediocre. A lot of the deals are only 25% off, not 50%. When you add tax and gutting, it makes it a really not so great deal, especially since most of these games will be available for less on Amazon or other vendors as time goes on.[/QUOTE]

yeah the prices are just a normal sale, nothing to be excited, it helps having the 10% coupon but I was really hoping for more 50 and not 25 offs.

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']there are over a dozen flip potentials on that list. hopefully they have sealed games.[/quote]

Do tell :p I looked through for Amazon flippables, but my best finds were some 9.99 -> 7.50 ones.

Might pick up HotD 2&3 with the 10% coupon. Also tempted to get Sonic Rush Adventure, since that's actually 50% off.

[quote name='jza1218']Will this sale eliminate the weekly coupons during this time?[/quote]

It shouldn't. I'm still expecting to see a coupon tomorrow. The only time I've really seen coupons interrupted is when a B2G1 is taking place.

Wow, VC for $30! My prayers have been answers. I might pick up Persona 3 FES for $20, too. Depends on how I feel.
And I saw Mercury Meltdown Revolution for $15, but then I looked it up on Amazon and it's $15 there as well. :roll:

Have those prices been confirmend or are they still just speculation? I don't want to rush to a GS on Sunday and find out VC is only 10% off lol.

[quote name='Josef']Yes, they will (referring to GS price adjusting). Or at least, they did it for me in the past. It could be on a store by store basis though.

I may just go with the website this time, assuming there will be free shipping. It sounds like that will be the only way to get factory sealed copies, and I don't personally feel like removing the large ultra sticky Game Days stickers from each game case that I buy. Sure, I won't get to use the coupon online, but that's the price I'm willing to pay to get an actual sealed new copy.[/quote]

yeah, it's really ymmv. One store I called wouldn't do it, but another store said I could buy now and repurchase the same items later at the discounted prices (so that's where I purchased my sealed copies)

The following games have been confirmed in tomorrow's ad:

$9.99
Boogie SuperStar (Wii) Game Only
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (360) Game Only
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (PSP)

$14.99
Call of Duty 2 (360)
Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai (PSP)
Facebreaker K.O Party (Wii)
Metal Slug 7 (DS)
Namco Arcade Virtual Museum (360)

$19.99
Ben 10 Alien Force (DS)
Game Party 2 (Wii)
Sonic Unleashed (PS2)

$29.99
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)

With this being my first GameDays sale I have some questions needing to be answered. 1 how long is the sale? 2 reading from Sa2vador post, link provied on page 1 of this thread. "Now in previous sales some of the stuff gets dropped even more towards the end while some stuff gets taken off. Also GS might add more games to the sale during the sale." does that happen company wide at the same time or is it up to the individual store when to drop a price and on what and how much? last but not least has anyone in the past GameDays sales got a price adjustment on games you bought at the beginning of the sale only to see them go lower a week or two later? thank you for your help

[quote name='time2roleplay']With this being my first GameDays sale I have some questions needing to be answered. 1 how long is the sale? 2 reading from Sa2vador post, link provied on page 1 of this thread. "Now in previous sales some of the stuff gets dropped even more towards the end while some stuff gets taken off. Also GS might add more games to the sale during the sale." does that happen company wide at the same time or is it up to the individual store when to drop a price and on what and how much? last but not least has anyone in the past GameDays sales got a price adjustment on games you bought at the beginning of the sale only to see them go lower a week or two later? thank you for your help[/quote]

1) At least for my gamestop, it pretty much ends whenever they rid themselves of the gamedays inventory.

2) I think in general the price drops happen all at the same time company-wide. Sometimes it isn't the case.

3) I'm not sure if this would work. Let's say that your Gamestop does not gut the games (like mine) and you end up with a sealed copy of a game. If you keep it sealed, then see that the price lowered a week or two later, then you could return the game and get the lowered-price copy. Otherwise, price adjustment is YMMV. Even if someone tells you that they successfully price-matched during a Gamedays sale, I would not get your hopes up. Just ask the guys at your local Gamestop to see what their policy is.

Was the MGS collection removed?

Man $30 for VC is an amazing deal, although part of me see's it as sad to see it in the bargain bin with games like Bee Movie, Facebreaker, Ironman, Hulk, etc.

I apologize if this has already been cleared up multiple times in the 39 pages of this thread, but is there going to be a b2g1 deal for used games to go along with the game days? And also, does this start tomorrow (the third) or Sunday (the Fifth)? Thanks in advance

Anyone know if the Game Informer issue with the 10% off is still on Gamestop shelves or if it has been replaced by another issue without a coupon?

[quote name='Tsukento']Hell, I saw both copies of Odin Sphere last through the entire Game Days sale of last year at the store right across the street from me. If memory serves me right, they never sold, either.[/quote]

Odin Sphere has never been rare or sought after as some people might believe. In fact, I think Atlus probably over produced it. Hell, it's a Greatest Hits game now.

Is the coupon in Game Informer good for one game or an entire purchase of say, 4 games? I plan on picking up a couple of three games for the DS and Vc for the PS3. Just wondering if my coupon will drop my total by 10%. Thanks!

[quote name='arcurifisher']And you know what none of those stores give you the customer service gamestop gives, there is no knowlegde of gaming product at any of those stores, and yes dealers drive home new cars alllll the time. I worked for a few of them.[/quote]

Did you miss the analogy? No they are not experts in gaming, but best believe the departments you are buying an item from, the CS rep has some knowledge. Who is to say GS employees are that knowledgeable, I hear misinformation and lies from GS employees to customers all the time. Many times I am tempted to school them, but I am not 19 anymore and have better things to do.

Another point, I have never known a car dealer selling a car with 10,000 miles on it as "new." I do know of someone who bought a 2008 Toyota Camry the manager was using as personal vehicle that racked up 5,000 miles. The dealership sold it to him as pre-owned for almost 50% off. Cause the finance company nor Toyota would honor a car with that type of mileage as "new."

A tale of two Gamestops today...

Gamestop #1: I inquired about putting a couple Game Days items to the side for me (keeping them sealed) for me to pick up on Monday. Employee said they would not do it. I then inquired if I could buy now and price adjust later. Again, the clerk said no. He even went on to say that the company specifically told individual stores not to let people do a return and rebuy with the products. Probably bullshit, but I can't help but wonder if corporate instructed this.

Gamestop #2: I inquired about putting a couple Game Days items to the side for me (keeping them sealed) for me to pick up on Monday. The store manager (the nicest GS manager I have ever met by the way) said that would be possible and instructed me to call tomorrow with a list of the games I wanted them to hold for me. He then went on to let me pick up two pennied guides (including Valkyria Chronicles, for which I hope to buy the game for next week).

Though it's definitely possible that corporate instructed them as such (wouldn't surprise me when it comes to GS), I always tend to lean towards of the side of "yet another GS employee lying to make their already easy job easier."

I am purchasing the Mortal Kombat collection for PS2....20 bucks for Shaolin Monks, Deception, and Armageddon.....a steal in my opinion.

Does anybody know the odds of one store having majority of the UMD's on the list? Also, how much would you guess UMD's like the Family guy seasons would be, for that it is 25$ used in stores normally? Lastly, what is the best PSP game on the list that is not a final fantasy game? Thanks in advance

[quote name='zeppfan25']Does anybody know the odds of one store having majority of the UMD's on the list? Also, how much would you guess UMD's like the Family guy seasons would be, for that it is 25$ used in stores normally? Lastly, what is the best PSP game on the list that is not a final fantasy game? Thanks in advance[/quote]
Last year they seemed to have most of the UMDs at each store, but I don't recall ones that expensive (before sale) so not sure what to tell you. Best PSP game on list thats not a FF is
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 9.99
Silent Hill Origins 9.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 14.99

[quote name='J7.']Last year they seemed to have most of the UMDs at each store, but I don't recall ones that expensive (before sale) so not sure what to tell you. Best PSP game on list thats not a FF is
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 9.99
Silent Hill Origins 9.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 14.99[/quote]
Thanks. If anybody has any other guesses about that UMD, feel free to post. Also, is the Metal Gear Solid game any good? It seemed to get good reviews?

How does the whole midnight launch thing work? One of the stores near me is on the list for the DSi midnight opening. Do they stay open through normal hours on Sunday, or will they open for a few hours, close, then reopen at normal time?

Also, I'm still a little unclear exactly where these gutted games come from. Some of them are employee trial games I take it, but otherwise do they just open new games on the list they have and sell them at discount? I really want to get VC if it is actually $30, so I'm wondering how hard it will be to track down.

[quote name='zeppfan25']Thanks. If anybody has any other guesses about that UMD, feel free to post. Also, is the Metal Gear Solid game any good? It seemed to get good reviews?[/quote]
NP. Remember that the best part of the Castlevania game is the unlockable games within it, primarily SOTN. Easy to unlock just check gamefaqs. I was going to suggest MGS, but I think you would want to own the original MGS Portable Ops first.

bread's done
Back