GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I saw the answer to this question in one of the 40 pages, but...

will the gamedays sale be going on during the midnight launch of the DSi?

[quote name='Penguin1084']I believe I saw the answer to this question in one of the 40 pages, but...

will the gamedays sale be going on during the midnight launch of the DSi?[/quote]

Yes, it will be.

[quote name='J7.']I was going to suggest MGS, but I think you would want to own the original MGS Portable Ops first.[/quote]

Yeah, Portable Ops Plus is a stand-alone expansion, and it focuses more on the online portion of Portable Ops, I think. Not really worth it, unless you liked the main game to begin with.

[quote name='J7.']NP. Remember that the best part of the Castlevania game is the unlockable games within it, primarily SOTN. Easy to unlock just check gamefaqs. I was going to suggest MGS, but I think you would want to own the original MGS Portable Ops first.[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, Portable Ops Plus is a stand-alone expansion, and it focuses more on the online portion of Portable Ops, I think. Not really worth it, unless you liked the main game to begin with.[/quote]

So what your both saying is that the MGS game isnt worth it, unless i played the first one? what would i not understand/get. also, the castlevania game looks good. thanks for that suggestion

I Pre-Ordered a DSi today from Gamestop and the employee told me "To come prepared for the Gamestop midnight launch because hopefully there would be a nice big sale for potential buyers...if we have it all ready by then". Obviously he was referring to this, so it does sound like many Gamestops will allow buyers to buy the items then. First dibs!

Will PM actually work? How would you prove the prices to BB or WM?

[quote name='zeppfan25']So what your both saying is that the MGS game isnt worth it, unless i played the first one? what would i not understand/get. also, the castlevania game looks good. thanks for that suggestion[/quote]
The 1st one has a normal single player storyline game, Ops+ is like a multiplayer expansion with no single player storyline type game. Wikipedia has the info.

[quote name='J7.']Will PM actually work? How would you prove the prices to BB or WM?[/quote]

I've had BB Customer Service call stores before (namely Target) to verify prices, or I've used online printouts, so you might be able to do a printout (assuming the online site adjusts its prices for GameDays) of the product page.

It's not a bad idea; I might do it on subsequent purchases, after I use my 10% off GameDays coupon.

[quote name='zeppfan25']So what your both saying is that the MGS game isnt worth it, unless i played the first one? what would i not understand/get. also, the castlevania game looks good. thanks for that suggestion[/quote]

No, portable ops is a complete story-driven game with a strong affinity to on-line upon completion. Plus is a game with a strong affinity toward on-line play, with little to no story or context.

At least that is what I remembered from the 15 minutes it took me to stop playing plus. Never really got into on-line portable ops

I called my 2 closest GSs. They strictly said they wouldn't hold the Game Days sale at midnight, but I did mention that I would not be coming for the DSi, which I don't think they appreciated. In fact, one employee completely did a personality turnaround after I asked, since he initially thought I was asking about the DSi. He was happy at first, but when I asked about the Game Days, he sounded pissed.

[quote name='maximus101']I'm hoping for no gutted games at mine but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

The first Gamestop I went to today was already hard at work gutting the Wii games. They had stacks and stacks of open, new Wii games behind the counter. It was sad :cry:

[quote name='Josef']The first Gamestop I went to today was already hard at work gutting the Wii games. They had stacks and stacks of open, new Wii games behind the counter. It was sad :cry:[/quote]

gay.

[quote name='Josef']The first Gamestop I went to today was already hard at work gutting the Wii games. They had stacks and stacks of open, new Wii games behind the counter. It was sad :cry:[/quote]

I really don't mind that it's gutted and then put straight into the bin. Saves me the trouble of removing the shrink wrap. I do mind if it's the gutted game that they let the employees take home and scratch/get fingerprints on.

[quote name='normalmode']I called my 2 closest GSs. They strictly said they wouldn't hold the Game Days sale at midnight, but I did mention that I would not be coming for the DSi, which I don't think they appreciated. In fact, one employee completely did a personality turnaround after I asked, since he initially thought I was asking about the DSi. He was happy at first, but when I asked about the Game Days, he sounded pissed.[/quote]
You could buy a DSi to get access to gamedays at midnight, then return the DSi :lol:. I feel bad for even suggesting such a thing. I'd at least wait a day.

[quote name='KarlMarx']I really don't mind that it's gutted and then put straight into the bin. Saves me the trouble of removing the shrink wrap. I do mind if it's the gutted game that they let the employees take home and scratch/get fingerprints on.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing though... when they gut the game, they put the games in those paper sleeves. Regardless of whether or not the employees take the game home, those discs almost always get some scuffing on them.

[quote name='KarlMarx']I really don't mind that it's gutted and then put straight into the bin. Saves me the trouble of removing the shrink wrap. I do mind if it's the gutted game that they let the employees take home and scratch/get fingerprints on.[/QUOTE]
The question is, how do you know whether or not the game has been taken home and used/abused by an employee? The only way you really know is if the game is sealed in its original packaging.

The thing that annoys me about gutted games is that very often that last copy has about eleven price tags on it. And they use much stronger glue than most price tags-- I've gotten games where even goo-gone didn't do the trick, so I just had to abandon the keepcase and put the game in an empty one. If there's no pricetags on these games, I might be tempted, at least on the portable ones.

My complaint about gutted stuff during this sale is the clear sticker they use on the edge of the cases to hold it closed... they did it last time with my stuff and that thing is a bitch to take off cleanly.

Just price match at BB and you don't have to worry about giving those assholes your money or them gutting new games like $$$s....

[quote name='One4Deuce']The question is, how do you know whether or not the game has been taken home and used/abused by an employee? The only way you really know is if the game is sealed in its original packaging.[/quote]

Jesus christ, give it a rest... seriously, this thread has been going for weeks now, do you really think anyone here cares anymore about how much you're butthurt over some minimum wage employee putting his mitts on your precious? Do us all a favor and keep it yourself and just talk about the deal at hand. Thanks.

hey guys. im new to gameday so i appreciate some help. is there no way to get a nongutted game? all the games will be gutted in the bin?

[quote name='drbutchevil']Jesus christ, give it a rest... seriously, this thread has been going for weeks now, do you really think anyone here cares anymore about how much you're butthurt over some minimum wage employee putting his mitts on your precious? Do us all a favor and keep it yourself and just talk about the deal at hand. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm really curious as to what it is you think there is to discuss. Someone posted the games and someone else posted the alleged prices. Why do you find it necessary to come back to this thread and attack people for complaining about gutting? Just stop reading the damn thread already and then you won't find yourself getting annoyed. Thank you.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Jesus christ, give it a rest... seriously, this thread has been going for weeks now, do you really think anyone here cares anymore about how much you're butthurt over some minimum wage employee putting his mitts on your precious? Do us all a favor and keep it yourself and just talk about the deal at hand. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Easy buddy, its a forum, forums are designed for discussion.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm really curious as to what it is you think there is to discuss. Someone posted the games and someone else posted the alleged prices. Why do you find it necessary to come back to this thread and attack people for complaining about gutting? Just stop reading the damn thread already and then you won't find yourself getting annoyed. Thank you.[/quote]

Given the prices aren't entirely confirmed, and there is the possibility of a B2G1, I check the thread for possible updates of those and am greeted with 6 pages of people repeating each other about how gutted games are like a hamburger with a bite taken out. I personally don't give a rats ass about buying gutted, or used games, as I buy them to play, not to take the plastic off then toss them aside, but to each their own. Perhaps a site name change is in order, something along the lines of CheapAssILikeToPlayWithThePlasticWrapOnMyGamesAndFeelShortedIfSomeoneTookThatFunFromMe.com? Thats CAILTPWTPWOMGAFSISTTFFM if anyone was wondering.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Given the prices aren't entirely confirmed, and there is the possibility of a B2G1, I check the thread for possible updates of those and am greeted with 6 pages of people repeating each other about how gutted games are like a hamburger with a bite taken out. I personally don't give a rats ass about buying gutted, or used games, as I buy them to play, not to take the plastic off then toss them aside, but to each their own. Perhaps a site name change is in order, something along the lines of CheapAssILikeToPlayWithThePlasticWrapOnMyGamesAndFeelShortedIfSomeoneTookThatFunFromMe.com? Thats CAILTPWTPWOMGAFSISTTFFM if anyone was wondering.[/QUOTE]

Wow, *now* who's butthurt?

[quote name='drbutchevil']Given the prices aren't entirely confirmed, and there is the possibility of a B2G1, I check the thread for possible updates of those and am greeted with 6 pages of people repeating each other about how gutted games are like a hamburger with a bite taken out. I personally don't give a rats ass about buying gutted, or used games, as I buy them to play, not to take the plastic off then toss them aside, but to each their own. Perhaps a site name change is in order, something along the lines of CheapAssILikeToPlayWithThePlasticWrapOnMyGamesAndFeelShortedIfSomeoneTookThatFunFromMe.com? Thats CAILTPWTPWOMGAFSISTTFFM if anyone was wondering.[/QUOTE]

Some people like taking dumps in public restrooms, some don't.....

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Some people like taking dumps in public restrooms, some don't.....[/quote]

True enough, think I'll take the advice given and just stop reading the thread.

[quote name='rodieremix']Can someone explain to me WHY it is that they "gut" new games? What the hell is the supposed purpose behind it?[/quote]

I do believe it's to keep the discs from being stolen.

[quote name='rodieremix']Can someone explain to me WHY it is that they "gut" new games? What the hell is the supposed purpose behind it?[/quote]

if they leave sealed copies out on the display racks there is a high chance that someone will cut open the packaing and take the game out and then put the case back on the shelf. thats why games are usually behind display cases at most stores

[quote name='rodieremix']Can someone explain to me WHY it is that they "gut" new games? What the hell is the supposed purpose behind it?[/QUOTE]

Three major reasons as far as I have been told over the years - 1) it's an anti-theft device 2) it's an easy way to promote what they have in stock without shipping around a bunch of fake game cases that will have to be disposed of and which most publishers don't really want to provide and most importantly, 3) it allows them to put stickers and other identifying information on the case and also creates something that is basically a used product which encourages people to trade the games in and buy more used games which is how they make most of their money.

Yes, I agree that the first two are ridiculous, but they are reasons that GS has given over the years for what they do. The third is probably closest to the real reason as it probably more than any other act by a retailer has convinced people that buying used games, even if you only save a small amount, is a good way to go.

[quote name='illini1010']if they leave sealed copies out on the display racks there is a high chance that someone will cut open the packaing and take the game out and then put the case back on the shelf. thats why games are usually behind display cases at most stores[/QUOTE]

That's one small part of the reason, but there are easy ways to combat theft short of gutting. Security cases, locked display racks and fake cases would accomplish the exact same thing.

[quote name='bojay1997']Three major reasons as far as I have been told over the years - 1) it's an anti-theft device 2) it's an easy way to promote what they have in stock without shipping around a bunch of fake game cases that will have to be disposed of and which most publishers don't really want to provide and most importantly, 3) it allows them to put stickers and other identifying information on the case and also creates something that is basically a used product which encourages people to trade the games in and buy more used games which is how they make most of their money.

Yes, I agree that the first two are ridiculous, but they are reasons that GS has given over the years for what they do. The third is probably closest to the real reason as it probably more than any other act by a retailer has convinced people that buying used games, even if you only save a small amount, is a good way to go.[/quote]

Not to mention, it lets them maximize floor space and maximize behind-the-counter storage. To keep the sheer game inventory that most GS stores have would be pretty tough, if not impossible, without having so many titles gutted on the floor.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's one small part of the reason, but there are easy ways to combat theft short of gutting. Security cases, locked display racks and fake cases would accomplish the exact same thing.[/quote]

Security cases are tough in stores that are usually occupied by 1-2 employees; theft would still be a big issue. Locked display cases would be a decent enough idea, but GS is pretty adamant about allowing customers to peruse the backs of cases to see about a game (publishers put that stuff there for a reason, it's meant to help sell the game).

Fake cases, as I mentioned a second ago, would diminish the amount of inventory the stores could keep.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's one small part of the reason, but there are easy ways to combat theft short of gutting. Security cases, locked display racks and fake cases would accomplish the exact same thing.[/quote]

very true, but gutting is proly by far the cheapest option for them and like the other person said it helps maximize space out on the floor since most gamestops are pretty small. i dont find anything wrong with it and if ure worried about the disc being scratched or whatever just ask them to see the disc before u buy it. thats what i do everytime to make sure its new.

Yeah, fake cases just aren't a good solution for small stores like GameStop. Gutting is a necessary evil if they want people to be able to look at the backs of the boxes.

[quote name='illini1010']if they leave sealed copies out on the display racks there is a high chance that someone will cut open the packaing and take the game out and then put the case back on the shelf. thats why games are usually behind display cases at most stores[/quote]

the store is the size of a closet, i really dont see how anyone would walk in there, pull out a knife or other sharp object and slice the shrink wrap off of the game, open the case and pull out the disc and then walk out with no one seeing them.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the store is the size of a closet, i really dont see how anyone would walk in there, pull out a knife or other sharp object and slice the shrink wrap off of the game, open the case and pull out the disc and then walk out with no one seeing them.[/quote]
Anyone who does that is just retarded. I mean, you could just grab the game (with shrink-wrapped case) and run out. You have more of a chance of getting caught opening the wrapping in the store than you do of someone chasing after you and catching you.

it would just be awesome if amazon jumped in this whole thing with their price matching gamestop...it'll save us some hassle with going to the gs store

if I may ask, how long does this sale last?

And I'm expecting to receive a GS giftcard in the mail in the next couple of days, but I'm afraid it won't arrive in time for the sale (is it just one day?).

Is there any way I can buy the games now at sale price and somehow apply the giftcard later?

Last edited by a moderator:
This sale has always been about clearing out product that doesn't move. They aren't cutting most new product because most of it still sells, even in this economy. They usually do a loss leader or two to get people in, but that's about it; the rest is all stuff they have too much of in their warehouses.

bread's done
Back