GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guh, I honestly wish I didn't have to go to Gamestop to buy this stuff (hate the place) but the deals here are amazing!- Planning to pick up (if its still in stock when I get there) Valkyria Chronicles, Castlevania, FFTactics for PSP, Silent Hill Origins, MGS Portable maybe that Aerosmith deal (even though I have the game for PS3 already, I might be able to sell and make a profit lol) and possibly a cheap Wii or DS game for my little cousins.

Awesome, thanks OP for the deals!

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']great question. anyone know? I seem to recall they did in the past[/QUOTE]

I called earlier about the DSi launch and they also told me that the gamedays sale will start tonight as well. In case that wasn't confirmed yet.

Didn't ask him about an early opening for gamedays though.

Stores with the midnight launch will start gamedays at that time. Most stores will open at 9 AM Sunday for the GH:Metallica launch.

Grr... there's both sides of the argument for the b2g1. Why can't we has straight answer???

I guess I'll just call tomorrow...

Especially now that prices are listed, it doesn't look like I'll pick up much from this sale. Part of that is because I've already bought most other stuff that would have interested me.

I'll be looking for [DS Guitar Rock Tour $10] simply to add to my music game collection.

Not sure if all Gamestops are doing this but the one where I have been working has been giving out free wired guitars to those who buy GH: Aerosmith. I called them this morning and they said they are still doing this in addition to the sale.

Guitar + game for 10 bucks isn't bad! not sure if its YMMV tho (I live in orange county, CA)

So you're saying if I buy Aerosmith I get a free wired guitar? I hoep my Gamestop does that. bought GH3 today for 10 w/o guitar. Be awesome to get a guitar and 2 GH games for 20$ :D

[quote name='Flame Killa']So you're saying if I buy Aerosmith I get a free wired guitar?[/quote]

(for 360)

This is confirmed at a GS. I saw the poster at mine yesterday.

Yeah, we had been giving free wired guitars to anyone who had bought a new GH: Aerosmith/Aerosmith bundle or a GH: World tour bundle.

Ugh I hope not, my manager said that it was going until we ran out of wired guitars but he could be wrong also.

I had him hold me one anyways just in case. I'll see if it goes through tomorrow morning.

your mileage may vary, meaning it may be different in your area

lots of people seem to be talking about going to their local GS... but these deals will be online (according to the OP), will it not? I never bought from GS online, but their new games aren't gutted are they?

[quote name='Dawglet']Not to be a chump.... but what does YMMV mean?[/quote]

Your Mileage May Vary. It basically means that your chances of getting a deal or whatever aren't guaranteed.

Edit: Beaten by Buddy Jesus! :mad:

I just called up the closest Gamestop and they won't be open for the midnight launch or early tomorrow. :(

[quote name='phdeez']Can someone tell me what "gutted" means?[/quote]

It's when they open a new game and take the disc out then put it behind the counter.

[quote name='phdeez']Can someone tell me what "gutted" means?[/QUOTE]

Means that when you take the case to the counter, they pull the game from the back and put it into the case. Not a sealed copy of the game.

EDIT: Beaten by Shoe.

Could someone please verify/clarify this for me:

If I go in on Sunday, I can still trade games in for the 50 percent bonus (with promo+ edge), and then I can grab 3 games for b2g1 free, and then I can grab guitar hero aerosmith and a wired guitar?

Basically, I'm asking will the trade-in promo still work?
and will the b2g1 free / GH:A free wired guitar deals be universal to all gamestops?

thanks.

[quote name='Mongoose07']Grr... there's both sides of the argument for the b2g1. Why can't we has straight answer???

I guess I'll just call tomorrow...[/quote]

I was in the same boat so I called 3 stores in VA and 2 in Az (just for kicks) and they said that a B2G1 Free is not happening starting tomrrow.

One said something about B2G1 on PS2 soon (next week maybe) but not for everything.

[quote name='gobaleeb']I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. Do gutted games still come with the manuals?[/quote]

Yes if someone hasn't stolen it from the case.

[quote name='gobaleeb']I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. Do gutted games still come with the manuals?[/quote]

Yes, if it's in the empty case you take to the counter or unless they keep the manuals behind the counters which I doubt they do.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Yes if someone hasn't stolen it from the case.[/quote]

They usually keep the manuals with the discs.. so it shouldn't be stolen, but it's still possible I guess.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I never bought from GS online, but their new games aren't gutted are they?[/quote]

No.

[quote name='phdeez']Can someone tell me what "gutted" means?[/quote]

It's when you they open brand new game, put the disc in a sleeve behind the counter and leave the empty case and manual out on the floor. Last Game Days sale, all my GS had a bin with the deals. A couple of the PSP games, they still had sealed copies, but everything else was gutted.

will gamestop have printed ads you can take from their store for this sale? i'd rather pricematch and give my business somewhere else than get a (probably) gutted copy

[quote name='shoe478']It's when they open a new game and take the disc out then put it behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

why don't they just get boxart printouts from publisher/distributor and put it in the blank game cases they can buy for cheap?

Does anyone know where I can find the info on the free guitar with guitar hero? I've searched CAG, Google, threads, and don't see anything about it anywhere.

[quote name='sunghost']For anyone interested, just called a local store and they said they open at 10 pm tonight.[/quote]

Yeah, guy at GS told me that today when I was trading my DSLite toward a DSi (if only I had gotten someone to buy it, would've done Amazon :cry:) and the odd thing he told me is that they're going to be open from 10 PM to 11:45 PM, THEN close for 15 minutes, and "reopen" at midnight to start selling the DSi. Of course, he said if there weren't an enormous amount of people, he'd "close" but forget to tell people to get out.

[quote name='Nirron']Yeah, guy at GS told me that today when I was trading my DSLite toward a DSi (if only I had gotten someone to buy it, would've done Amazon :cry:) and the odd thing he told me is that they're going to be open from 10 PM to 11:45 PM, THEN close for 15 minutes, and "reopen" at midnight to start selling the DSi. Of course, he said if there weren't an enormous amount of people, he'd "close" but forget to tell people to get out.[/quote]

but what about if they'd do the gamesday sale today?

[quote name='rumblebear']why don't they just get boxart printouts from publisher/distributor and put it in the blank game cases they can buy for cheap?[/quote]
money.

Just called my store in Gainesville, FL and the manager said that the gamedays sale is starting at midnight with the DSi launch.

Gonna grab my Valkyria right away!

Thanks op. I'll probably pick up the Devil May Cry box set. Wish I would have held out on Valkyria...I bought it for $45 about a month ago maybe...haven't even hardly had time to play it.

[quote name='randomthinker']Just called my store in Gainesville, FL and the manager said that the gamedays sale is starting at midnight with the DSi launch.

Gonna grab my Valkyria right away![/quote]

Wonder how long these stores will stay open after the midnight launch though.. I would like to go to a GS and just take care of my GD stuff tonight seeing im up anyways but I bet they will be sticklers and make this an offer to the people there for the DSi and not open to the general public seeing this midnight launch is most likely all pre-order anyways

NO SO THERES NO B2G1 free. SOME PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS TRUE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. SO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAID THEIR FRIEND WORKED THERE LIED. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[quote name='officerrickyross222']smh just called gamestop 3 local gamestops in my area they confirmed no b2g1 .:drool:[/quote]

so there isnt a b2g1 free then?

damn. got my hopes up for nothing :cry:

bread's done
Back