GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maynard']WHOA WHOA WHOA

I just bought Diablo II BC WCIII BC and Valk Prof and used the code 5OFF60 and it gave me an additional $5 off each item in my cart! SCORE!

VP 24.99
DB BC 14.99
WCIII 14.99
5OFF60
Saver

$54.97 shipped[/QUOTE]

Holy crap.

I think I need to re-order... (I have a cart full of stuff and it's working) does Gamestop cancel orders using coupons that glitch?

[quote name='thelonepig']Pretty nifty, huh? Despite appearances, I'm not a hoarder. I just thought it'd be fun to let others jump to their own conclusions.

One is for another CAG, per their texted request while I was standing in line.
One is for a friend of mine with an upcoming birthday.
One is for when I ultimately wear my current disc down to nothing and need to keep playing.[/QUOTE]

thanks again ;)

[quote name='thelonepig']Pretty nifty, huh? Despite appearances, I'm not a hoarder. I just thought it'd be fun to let others jump to their own conclusions.

One is for another CAG, per their texted request while I was standing in line.
One is for a friend of mine with an upcoming birthday.
One is for when I ultimately wear my current disc down to nothing and need to keep playing.[/quote]
I hope that's the case and I'll take your word for it. I do find needing a replacement disc unneeded. I'd like as many people as possible to get to play VC. I ain't gonna argue, just saying.

Just re-ordered using 5OFF60 and SAVER. (first order subtotal = $87, second =$66. Not bad!)

If it goes through, I'll just return everything in the original order that I already placed. Not going to call them to try to cancel my first order... that'll be my backup if this one gets cancelled.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, this is worth a shot. If they cancel, they cancel.[/quote]

wait so what happens if you use store credit and they cancel it? :roll:

[quote name='Maynard']WHOA WHOA WHOA

I just bought Diablo II BC WCIII BC and Valk Prof and used the code 5OFF60 and it gave me an additional $5 off each item in my cart! SCORE!

VP 24.99
DB BC 14.99
WCIII 14.99
5OFF60
Saver

$54.97 shipped[/quote]
What game is VP? 5off60 requires a $59.99 game right? So you would need a game originally $59.99 and hopefully get a glitch.

[quote name='J7.']What game is VP? 5off60 requires a $59.99 game right? So you would need a game originally $59.99 and hopefully get a glitch.[/quote]
Sorry it is Valkyria Chronicles or whatever ya spell it :)

Went to the midnight launch for DSi. When we went at 10, they let us go through the gamedays sale bin. All 5 copies of VC were gutted so I passed. I got a sealed copy of Sonic Rush Adventure and a used copy of Wii Sports. Also got my DSi + 2k Nintendo Points at midnight.

Time to sleep.

the 5OFF60 is awesome, I saved $5 for EVERY game...

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 DS 1
Chrono Trigger DS 1
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained PSP 1
Final Fantasy I PSP 1
Final Fantasy II PSP 1
Phantasy Star Portable PSP 1
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus PSP 1
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns Wii 1
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Wii 1
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors Wii 1
Wii Action Pack Wii 2
clear.gif

Shipping Method:
clear.gif
USA Value - $0.00 - Allow 5-10 business days for transit & 2 business days for processing.
$219.88
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Chrono Trigger
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Final Fantasy I
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Final Fantasy II
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Phantasy Star Portable
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
- $5.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
- $5.00
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Sub-Total: $169.88
clear.gif
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Handling: $5.99
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
SAVER - Free Value Shipping on your order.
- $5.99
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Estimated Tax: $14.24
clear.gif
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Order Total: $184.12
clear.gif

Yep, you can cancel an order on GS.com.

Anyway, for those of you looking to abuse the glitch (like me), you can use The DOG Island to get you over the $60 hump and basically get the two copies for free (what the fuck am I going to do with them?). That pretty much guarantees my order will be canceled, but I have a feeling all of them will be, so this was worth a shot.

[quote name='J7.']I hope that's the case and I'll take your word for it. I do find needing a replacement disc unneeded. I'd like as many people as possible to get to play VC. I ain't gonna argue, just saying.[/quote]

Yeah, I oughtta quit goofing around. As RK chimed in, one copy is for him. One copy is in fact for a friend of mine (his birthday was actually the end of March, but I'm known to be late). I haven't really figured out why I got a third copy as of yet. The store I went to had 7 gutted copies and 2 sealed copies, so I figured it wouldn't hurt. Maybe for someone that wasn't able to grab a copy at their local store (or online when it ultimately sells out).

For those who wanted a B2G1 deal, I've got news for you; it's happening.

Now now, I didn't say it was good news, as it only applies to PS2 games. Did I also mention that you need to buy a PS2 in order to take part in the deal?

141s39f.jpg

Knowing the way GameStop operates, I'd say that it's almost guaranteed that they will cancel these. If it was a few dozen orders, I don't know, maybe it would slip through. I don't even think so then, because GS is...well...GS. Considering how many CAGs will take advantage of this...and how many other sites will catch wind of it...yeah, these are all going down in a fiery heap.

[quote name='dalaamprince']Uhh why would they cancel? The sale price is the sale price.[/quote]

We're talking about the orders trying to abuse the 5OFF60 glitch.

Game Days sales huh...another period of GS cleaning out their closets and offering you games, with a few exceptions, that suck and/or no one cares about. All this crap would've been put in a landfill or buried in the desert eventually lol

So anyone acutally gonna spend their money on something cool like a 370Z or Camaro? Great time to buy a car if you can.

Wow, if you use that 5OFF60 code and have $60 worth of games in your cart plus UMD movies, you get the UMD movies FREE! That's crazy. Too bad I already ordered before finding out about the coupon. I could've saved over $40, and I can't cancel the order I already placed. LAME...

[quote name='dalaamprince']Uhh why would they cancel? The sale price is the sale price.[/QUOTE]

Well...for one, it's not the sale price. It's a glitch in the system that is giving the wrong deduction to each item. Perhaps 1 or 2 guys might have gotten away with it...but when they start seeing the deluge of these orders abusing the glitch...well...all of you can pretty much kiss your orders goodbye. It will be hilarious if after they cancel the orders, certain games like VC are no longer available.

In fact, I give GS a couple of hours until they fix the glitch.

edit that post man its stuff like that that willl for sure get the orders canceled!^^Iam talking to the umd guy

We should all edit our post the less said about it the better

Well if you do it you risk losing all that you ordered and may not find it available again. Tons will do it, everyone who sees it will do it. I agree with bigdaddyb.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Well...for one, it's not the sale price. It's a glitch in the system that is giving the wrong deduction to each item. Perhaps 1 or 2 guys might have gotten away with it...but when they start seeing the deluge of these orders abusing the glitch...well...all of you can pretty much kiss your orders goodbye. It will be hilarious if after they cancel the orders, certain games like VC are no longer available.

In fact, I give GS a couple of hours until they fix the glitch.[/QUOTE]

After they cancel the orders they'll suddenly get a lot of VC back available. ;)

but yeah, we need to stop talking about it.

Got 2x VC and Persona 3. VC is one for me and one for a friend. Couldn't pass up on a that for 25. Got Persona 3 to push me over the limit for -5.00 per item. I could've gone with a umd or something but I know everyone loves persona so I thought I should get FES. I have the original still sitting on my shelf. But If I could get FES for that cheap might as well play the expanded game. Good thing I stayed up so late even though work starts in 5 hrs and 45 min.

I just wish I had my gamestop cards on me. I had like 60 dollars in credit but they are in my girlfriends pocketbook.

[quote name='Justin42']After they cancel the orders they'll suddenly get a lot of VC back available. ;)[/quote]

Indeed. :applause:

Anyway, I had decided to not partake in this, but the glitch got me interested again in many of the $10 PSP games. $5 was a little too good to pass up. Also got the RE Essentials for $15. So, if it gets canceled, no biggie in my book.

[quote name='IheartGames']l

So anyone acutally gonna spend their money on something cool like a 370Z or Camaro? Great time to buy a car if you can.[/quote]

Most ppl wish they could take advantages of the the great deals on cars, jewelry, and houses right now...but without job security no one will be making larger purchases. This is why the gaming business is doing so good despite the economy.

Back on topic.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Most ppl wish they could take advantages of the the great deals on cars, jewelry, and houses right now...but without job security no one will be making larger purchases. This is why the gaming business is doing so good despite the economy.

Back on topic.[/quote]

Actually I just bought a '91 Nissan 300ZX lasts month. Lovin' it. ^^

I hope they don't cancel my order since I didn't take advantage of the 5OFF60 glitch. VC for $32.61!

Maybe I should go to my local store tomorrow anyway and get the game. Are we allowed to do returns for gutted games?

[quote name='disillusion386']Maybe I should go to my local store tomorrow anyway and get the game. Are we allowed to do returns for gutted games?[/quote]

Yes, you can. Tell them that you want to give it as a gift or something, and they will put a sticker on the case to "seal" it.

now does the 10% off gamedays coupon in store go off of the 29.99 or the original 59.99. Knowing gamestop im going to say the original 59.99 but anyone can chime in please?

[quote name='gomikeoh']bigdaddy why are u on such a crusade to "give it as a gift."

I dont get why people are so nosey.[/quote]

Huh? I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

It's amazing that Final Fantasy I PSP is already backordered before VC is.

Hopefully they will get more since I just placed an order :)

I got in the 5OFF60 glitch on my 4 games: VC, FF PSP, Silent Hill: Origins PSP & Namco Museum.

If they still have the 'seal', which is just a clear circular sticker, you should be able to. A while back I bought a PSP game which was 'new' but they were using the case as the display case so they just put a sticker on the part where you open the game. I took off all the stickers because it was a gift for my brother. He already had the game, so I tried to return it, but they wouldn't return it for me. So as long as you keep on the stickers they put on it, you should be fine.

[quote name='henhowc']I guess you guys could place two different orders or something?[/QUOTE]

there's a limit of 2 per new game so I ordered 2 each of the games that i wanted

bread's done
Back