GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yigytugd']What is wrong with that crappy list of games for the PS3, PS2, and Xbox 360. I really wanted some good deals but I guess I have to go in-store and search for good deals myself.
Hopefully the store has better deals. Wait, are the deals only limited to the site?[/quote]
Pretty sure it's in-store too.

Damn, VC has been missing from my collection for a while and GH:A is the only GH I don't own yet. Figured $32 for both would be a great deal considering that VC has been $50-60 everywhere up until now. I feel like I'm on gamefaqs forums getting trolled :(

Instore and online. Make sure you use the 10% coupon in the latest issue of game informer for a little bit mre off instore.

[quote name='flam3_haz3']Pretty sure it's in-store too.[/quote]

Oh I know those deals are also at the store but wondering if in-store will haev more deals.

[quote name='jatty']Damn, VC has been missing from my collection for a while and GH:A is the only GH I don't own yet. Figured $32 for both would be a great deal considering that VC has been $50-60 everywhere up until now. I feel like I'm on gamefaqs forums getting trolled :([/quote]

Don't sweat it, guy. IheartGames is just a jackass that needs to be perma banned. Trust me, both game are well worth it at that price. Especially Valkyria Chronicles. That game is awesome.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Oh I know those deals are also at the store but wondering if in-store will haev more deals.[/quote]

Save for the 10% coupon (which is pretty irrelevant with the 5OFF60 glitch), I don't think there will be any better deals in-store unless they have another B2G1.

I ordered VC, FF1&II, DOG Island, & GH:Aerosmith with the glitch. I'm not going to be too upset if it gets cancelled, as I'll just reorder VC (the game I really want) or pick up a copy in store tomorrow.

Finally, Valkyria Chronicles! I was too cheap to get it at full price but I played the crap out of the demo.

(just a shame I ended up spending ~$90 on games this morning! :bouncy:)

[quote name='Collectorguy00']Glitch isn't working anymore.[/quote]

That sucks, I put in an order less than 15 minutes ago and it worked. I had to cancel my first one that didn't use the code. Good thing I was checking this thread at the same time and actually reading it. That said, I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

can someone tell me if u can use store credit stored on the edge card in online. like can it tell you the balance left and you can use it online. also, whats this glitch people are talking about cause it spreading like wildfire around here so please tell me.

[quote name='ferzan']can someone tell me if u can use store credit stored on the edge card in online. like can it tell you the balance left and you can use it online. also, whats this glitch people are talking about cause it spreading like wildfire around here so please tell me.[/quote]

You can use store credit that's on your Edge card, but it can't tell you how much you've got left on it.

wait but then how would it work like if i have 25 dollars stored on it and i want a 20 dollar game. what would show up when i put in the number of my edge card.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes, you can. Tell them that you want to give it as a gift or something, and they will put a sticker on the case to "seal" it.[/quote]

They force the seal stickers on me. I don't want the darn stickers mucking up my boxes, but they say there is no choice.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Is the glitch still working for people?[/quote]

nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely picking up Chrono Trigger, but I'm considering buying another (sealed) copy of VC as well. Before I did so, just wanted to ask if this is a game that people expect to be worth a good deal more as a collectors item X years down the line, or is it not worth bothering?

Also, I may have missed this somewhere in the thread (but it's not in the OP), but is there a code for the coupon to work online?

Thanks

Well, ordered the six games I wanted for $37.74. To anyone flipping have you looked at what most of these games sell for? It's really not worth the time and hassle on these ones to resell, it's not like these are $60 games going for $5 here.

SOME PLEASE ANSWER OUR FREKAIN QUESTION. god jam it. everyone here is wow i picked up.............. NO ONE GIVES A HOOT. now i bet someone is gonna comment saying (no one is gonna answer ur question with that attitude). well who cares cause i can tell it wasnt gonna be answered anyway so THANKS to the one person who gave me an unclear answers. if anyone still wants to answer both my question. its the first post on THIS PG (68)

Well, tried my hand with the glitch. Ordered Chrono Trigger, Wordjong (DS), and Peggle (DS). If it gets cancelled, no big deal - the only item I really would have ordered *now* was CT, and 5 bucks off Amazon's price isn't setting the world on fire anyway.

I think I'm just going to use the 10%, even if I get to $60 and get $15 off, since two of the things I want would total $45, I'd still be paying the same, if not more.

OK, I am up playing my new DSi I picked up last night. I also scored Valkyria Chronicles, Chrono Trigger, FFIII, and Mario & Sonic Olympics for my little boy (not so little any more). I had my 10% off coupon so I got out of there in pretty decent shape. There was actually quite a good crowd there and just about everyone was getting the blue DSi except me. Anyway, thanks for the heads up on all this as I managed to grab the last CT they had!!

Normally I'm all for risking price mistakes or glitches, but in this case I don't think I'd take the risk.. If all you guys get your orders cancelled with VC included in them, and VC is OOS after they get cancelled you're out of luck..

[quote name='ferzan']SOME PLEASE ANSWER OUR FREKAIN QUESTION. god jam it. everyone here is wow i picked up.............. NO ONE GIVES A HOOT. now i bet someone is gonna comment saying (no one is gonna answer ur question with that attitude). well who cares cause i can tell it wasnt gonna be answered anyway so THANKS to the one person who gave me an unclear answers. if anyone still wants to answer both my question. its the first post on THIS PG (68)[/QUOTE]

It helps if you actually look at
as it says "Check Card Balance" on the left side bar

[quote name='ferzan']SOME PLEASE ANSWER OUR FREKAIN QUESTION. god jam it. everyone here is wow i picked up.............. NO ONE GIVES A HOOT. now i bet someone is gonna comment saying (no one is gonna answer ur question with that attitude). well who cares cause i can tell it wasnt gonna be answered anyway so THANKS to the one person who gave me an unclear answers. if anyone still wants to answer both my question. its the first post on THIS PG (68)[/QUOTE]

Why don't you read the thread and find the glitch like the rest of us. And someone already answered your question about the Edge card, plus those answers could be found on gamestop.com - stop being lazy and whining. God jam it.

[quote name='ferzan']SOME PLEASE ANSWER OUR FREKAIN QUESTION. god jam it. everyone here is wow i picked up.............. NO ONE GIVES A HOOT. now i bet someone is gonna comment saying (no one is gonna answer ur question with that attitude). well who cares cause i can tell it wasnt gonna be answered anyway so THANKS to the one person who gave me an unclear answers. if anyone still wants to answer both my question. its the first post on THIS PG (68)[/quote]

Wow...

[quote name='Amc5kidz']Why don't you read the thread and find the glitch like the rest of us. And someone already answered your question about the Edge card, plus those answers could be found on gamestop.com - stop being lazy and whining. God jam it.[/quote]

Makes me want to change my user title to "God jam it" ;)

Well i was going to pick up Tomb raider for 360 since i thought it was going to be 9.99, but nope they decided not to do %50 off on that item. ( It was listed as of yesterday at $19.99 new). :bomb:

I guess it will just be FF 1 and 2 for psp.
Not a bad deal was just wanting Tomb Raider.

So say they run out of Valkyria Chronicles, can I get Best Buy or some other store to price match it?

GS doesn't have VC on their weekly ad btw.

[quote name='eddie291']So say they run out of Valkyria Chronicles, can I get Best Buy or some other store to price match it?

GS doesn't have VC on their weekly ad btw.[/quote]

No, you can't, gotta be an ad sale or else they won't do it. Well thats how it works for most people anyways. I say it depends on your manager. So I change my no to YMMV. I got 2x Vision Cam Bundles to work and it wasn't a sale at all at Best Buy. Got em both for $80 :D

[quote name='lionheart4life']Well, ordered the six games I wanted for $37.74. To anyone flipping have you looked at what most of these games sell for? It's really not worth the time and hassle on these ones to resell, it's not like these are $60 games going for $5 here.[/QUOTE]

i went a little overboard

Phantasy Star Portable PSP $29.99

Naruto: Path of Ninja 2 DS $14.99

Line Rider 2 Unbound DS $9.99

Guitar Rock Tour DS $9.99

Exit DS $9.99

Chicken Shoot DS $9.99

Worms: Open Warfare PSP $9.99

Ratatouille PSP $9.99

Final Fantasy II PSP $9.99

Silent Hill: Origins psp $9.99

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles $9.99

Hellboy: Science of Evil PSP $9.99

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions Pps $9.99

Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command $9.99

FlatOut: Head On 9.99

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus $9.99

The DOG Island PS2 2 9.98

SUBTOTAL 194.82
Disount subtotal 104.84
handing 11.49 (picked one day shipping to try to see if this would sneak past) i would of paid for top 2 games in store today anyways and (coupon saved me 10 so i will say that paid for shipping

tax BOOOO 8.15

Total 124.48 / 18 games === 6.91 per game shipped VERY NICE

DOGS ISLAND SHIPS FREE (it takes the 4.99 off the game price ) 2 free games

some might be trash but i figure if i play them for an hour or two and toss them back on ebay for 2 to 3 bucks each ,, it be cheper then renting

[quote name='slidecage']i went a little overboard

Phantasy Star Portable PSP $29.99

Naruto: Path of Ninja 2 DS $14.99

Line Rider 2 Unbound DS $9.99

Guitar Rock Tour DS $9.99

Exit DS $9.99

Chicken Shoot DS $9.99

Worms: Open Warfare PSP $9.99

Ratatouille PSP $9.99

Final Fantasy II PSP $9.99

Silent Hill: Origins psp $9.99

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles $9.99

Hellboy: Science of Evil PSP $9.99

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions Pps $9.99

Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command $9.99

FlatOut: Head On 9.99

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus $9.99

The DOG Island PS2 2 9.98

SUBTOTAL 194.82
Disount subtotal 104.84
handing 11.49 (picked one day shipping to try to see if this would sneak past) i would of paid for top 2 games in store today anyways and (coupon saved me 10 so i will say that paid for shipping

tax BOOOO 8.15

Total 124.48 / 18 games === 6.91 per game shipped VERY NICE

DOGS ISLAND SHIPS FREE (it takes the 4.99 off the game price ) 2 free games[/quote]

Hands of to you if this works!

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Hands of to you if this works![/QUOTE]

if it works it works.. if not no big deal... Only games i really want out of this deal are

Phantasy Star Portable PSP $29.99 what i might still run out today and buy just to be on the safe side i get it (be 27 after 10% off coupon)

rest of the games i really dont care about.. If they ship cool

i would like

Naruto: Path of Ninja 2 DS $14.99 BUT i dont think its worth more then 10...

The rest of the games will be 5 each and if i just play them for a few hours and then resell them on ebay even for 2 to 3 each it would still be cheaper then renting

bread's done
Back