GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrinn']It means taking the game out as if the case had been gutted of its contents.[/QUOTE]

The reason they remove the plastic wrap is so that they can remove the game and have it behind the counter, leaving the empty case and cover art in the live sell bins in the center/front of the store. The reasoning is of course that because the stores will be crowded and only staffed with 2-4 people, they will lose track of the live sell merchandise, and want to prevent shoplifting.

The downside is that instead of gutting a couple units to serve as a placeholder and keeping the rest sealed behind the counter, they gut EVERYTHING. Its a lazy move on their part, and one I'm severely discouraged by as a customer.

Disc media and game cartridges may be much smaller and less valuable than something like a big screen LCD, but having your new product opened and then sold as new (and you having no real idea whether it is in fact completely new or not) is disingenuous regardless of the scale of the merchandise. The factory seal that ensures that the product is as it left the manufacturer is compromised, and potentially hurdles arise should the product be defective.

Anyways, if you can order online you are much more likely to receive sealed goods, although I've heard stories even about that...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It appears that the B2G1 is only on PS2 games and only when you purchase a PS2 system. Someone posted the pics some pages back, but I know it's kind of hard to follow these threads when a sale first starts. Everything kind of gets lost. I better put that in the OP.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that while paging through trying to figure out what the glitch that had people so excited was all about.

I didn't get too invested in the idea of a B2G1 this soon after the last one, so I went ahead and bought stuff this past week with the idea that I could return them and and rebuy should we luck out into another B2G1. I got Ico and Xenosaga III at one store, so anything more would just be a bonus.

Got what I was looking for at the GS in Pioneer Square (Portland, OR... A few blocks away from the building where I work):

:360: Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade

:wii: Sam & Max: Season One
Ghost Squad

and for the heck of it, :psp: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within UMD

I'd say it was a lunch hour well spent!! ;)

SF Bay Area - San Jose off the San Jose Plaza on King Road

Picked up a copy for $29 with the 10% off coupon I printed. (CA Tax is whack)

They didn't have any sealed copies, but I was able to peel off the stickers with ease since they were fresh. Disc was also in perfect condition.

I've beaten this game before when I rented it, but I had to buy it when I saw it on sale for $30. You guys who are just purchasing it for the first time and have never played it are getting a down right steal. This game is absolutely overlooked when it comes to discussions about top AAA titles, which is pretty sad.

Clear Game Saves FTW

[quote name='ferzan']whats this valkaria chronicles everyone seems to be talking about. that game SOUNDS like it sucks. ill look into it but i just pisses me off how everyone talk about this game[/QUOTE]
Shut up.

[quote name='Zincdust']Got what I was looking for at the GS in Pioneer Square (Portland, OR... A few blocks away from the building where I work):

:360: Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade

:wii: Sam & Max: Season One
Ghost Squad

and for the heck of it, :psp: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within UMD

I'd say it was a lunch hour well spent!! ;)[/quote]

Just curious about Namco Museum Virtual Arcade... since it includes 9 XBLA titles, can you just insert the disc, download those games, and then play with the disc? So, basically, can you just RENT the game, and get these games for free?

[quote name='Solori']I actually got a sealed copy of Valkyria Chronicles. Must be my lucky day.[/quote]

I got a sealed copy of VC as well. Though I had a "fun" time trying to get it.

There was a line at the counter, not too surprising, but no one ahead of me is buying anything from the sale. Oh well, whatever. When my turn comes up I ask the clerk for a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. She doesn't hear me and asks me to repeat, so I do. Then she asks what system it's for, so I tell her the PS3. She goes off to look for the game, and has a hard time finding it. A guy (manager?) asks me what I'm looking for, so I tell him, and again asks me what system it's for. I tell him the PS3, and he directs the lady to look in the PS3 section. Apparently she was looking at the PS2 games.

Then, kind of rudely I thought, manager told the female clerk to go process some trade-ins and he starts to ring up my purchase. As he's doing so he asks if I want to put anything down on pre-order for the PS2, like God of War 3.

So... who shops at GS for the "expertise", again?

[quote name='Okatha']I got a sealed copy of VC as well. Though I had a "fun" time trying to get it.

There was a line at the counter, not too surprising, but no one ahead of me is buying anything from the sale. Oh well, whatever. When my turn comes up I ask the clerk for a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. She doesn't hear me and asks me to repeat, so I do. Then she asks what system it's for, so I tell her the PS3. She goes off to look for the game, and has a hard time finding it. A guy (manager?) asks me what I'm looking for, so I tell him, and again asks me what system it's for. I tell him the PS3, and he directs the lady to look in the PS3 section. Apparantly she was looking at the PS2 games.

Then, kind of rudely I thought, manager told the female clerk to go process some trade-ins and he starts to ring up my purchase. As he's doing so he asks if I want to put anything down on pre-order for the PS2, like God of War 3.

So... who shops at GS for the "expertise", again?[/quote]
Damn dawg, that was rough yo!

Finding all 3 copies of VC gutted covered in stickers, has completely reinforced why I was boycotting Gamestop/EB up until today.

I'm still ashamed of myself for being lured into there. I've been patient this long, I can wait a little longer for a brand new copy.

it may have been stated a few times but i did get a free guitar with the 9.99 purchase of GH:Aerosmith today even used the game informer coupon not bad for a game and extra controller, but most of the games were picked up by employees so i lucked out getting a copy/guitar

[quote name='Okatha']I got a sealed copy of VC as well. Though I had a "fun" time trying to get it.

There was a line at the counter, not too surprising, but no one ahead of me is buying anything from the sale. Oh well, whatever. When my turn comes up I ask the clerk for a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. She doesn't hear me and asks me to repeat, so I do. Then she asks what system it's for, so I tell her the PS3. She goes off to look for the game, and has a hard time finding it. A guy (manager?) asks me what I'm looking for, so I tell him, and again asks me what system it's for. I tell him the PS3, and he directs the lady to look in the PS3 section. Apparently she was looking at the PS2 games.

So... who shops at GS for the "expertise", again?[/quote]

Two employees (at the same store no less) tried to trick some customers the other day. One (a manager who I have a bad history with) tried to get a lady to preorder a DSi because she could download any N64 game onto it from the DS store. An employee also tried to get me to preorder Madden 10 because it was going to be "the last one ever."

[quote name='hobbie8046']Two employees (at the same store no less) tried to trick some customers the other day. One (a manager who I have a bad history with) tried to get a lady to preorder a DSi because she could download any N64 game onto it from the DS store. An employee also tried to get me to preorder Madden 10 because it was going to be "the last one ever."[/quote]

:roll: :lol:

Snagged two sealed copies of Valkyria Chronicles (they weren't out in the bins yet) and GH:Aerosmith+Guitar. Used coupon for a total of $68.45 after tax.

The cashier was laughing his ass off when he saw the total drop from $200-something to $63. He was all "Good job man" and I was all "I know. 8D"

[quote name='Gargamel444']Finding all 3 copies of VC gutted covered in stickers, has completely reinforced why I was boycotting Gamestop/EB up until today.

I'm still ashamed of myself for being lured into there. I've been patient this long, I can wait a little longer for a brand new copy.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, order online with SAVER for free shipping and you're golden.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Two employees (at the same store no less) tried to trick some customers the other day. One (a manager who I have a bad history with) tried to get a lady to preorder a DSi because she could download any N64 game onto it from the DS store. An employee also tried to get me to preorder Madden 10 because it was going to be "the last one ever."[/quote]

Jeez, better clueless salespeople than that. One of the other clerks, that was helping someone else, seemed to know something at least. He was selling a used copy of CoD4, the GOTY edition, and remembered that there was a code inside new versions for DLC and offered to get it for them. The dude came back a few minutes later empty handed. They didn't have any new copies. :applause:

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']whats up with metal gear solid's collection price?

was it not adjusted?[/quote]

It is not part of the sale, the original list was mistaken

I went into my local store this morning
They heard about the free guitar with Aerosmith, but were not sure it worked, so they rang it up, and found it to be valid. They were pretty happy about it too, since the store had stacks of guitars they wanted to get rid of
There were 4 gutted copies of Valkyria, and none sealed. Interestingly, the display copy of it was still in the PS3 section, so I guess that's one more copy. For a game with such a small print run, it seems pretty common
They didn't have the War3 battle chest, but they stated they would probably get more in during the sale

Couldn't resist the sale - went in and got Speed Racer and Celebrity Sports for the Wii - managed to get ungutted copies as well. I know they aren't great games, but my son loved the Speed Racer movie and the Sports game is just too bizarre to pass up at $15.

Speed Racer for the Wii isn't a bad game by any stretch-- not worth $50 but if you like the general genre of futuristic racers it's not bad at all for $15 or less... I got it for $10 a while back and am quite happy with the purchase.

I went to 2 gamestops. The first one didn't have GH Arrowsmith but the second one had atleast 4 copies. Me and my friend each got a copy along with the last 2 guitars. SWEET DEAL although they weren't able to honor the GI 10% off coupon, only $1 dollar loss so no biggie :D

Oh and also the games weren't gutted.

[quote name='placebo1']Got one for $8.55. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm still gonna go try to get another guitar with Aerosmith tomorrow. I need a back up for friends when they come over.

[quote name='J7.']What game is VP? 5off60 requires a $59.99 game right? So you would need a game originally $59.99 and hopefully get a glitch.[/quote]

[quote name='Maynard']WHOA WHOA WHOA

I just bought Diablo II BC WCIII BC and Valk Prof and used the code 5OFF60 and it gave me an additional $5 off each item in my cart! SCORE!

VP 24.99
DB BC 14.99
WCIII 14.99
5OFF60
Saver

$54.97 shipped[/quote]
Well my order processed and I got charged so looks like it is all good.

I'm happy that everyone had great success with this :) I don't usually get to point out good deals (cause someone else finds it seconds before), but man does it feel good to help out CAG's :)

[quote name='Poor2More']It is not part of the sale, the original list was mistaken[/QUOTE]

Well, it's still listed on the website as a PS2 Game Days sale item, just that the price isn't changed and it's out of stock.

East Brunswick, NJ at the Brunswick Square Mall

All gutted

Guitar Hero Aerosmith 360 + free Xplorer guitar $9.99 (if a G$ tells you it's not valid, they're full of shit)
Devil May Cry triple pack $19.99 (the three disc cases were sealed but the outer shrinkwrap around the box was missing, they just kept the disc cases behind the counter and filled the box with empty cases for display)
Valkyria Chronicles PS3

I might pick up another Aerosmith for the guitar and give the game away. I love the Xplorer, and this is a great way to stock up on backup guitars.

And I used the scanned coupon from the OP no problemo.

Question! Just ordered from GameStop's website as I wanted a sealed copy. Just curious if it's a guaranteed sealed copy or is it possible that I'll be getting a gutted copy?

Cause if I get a sealed I could run out to BB or TRU and buy a sealed copy there and play right now (got spring break) and then when the GS' copy arrives I'll just return that one to BB/TRU. Will this work?

[quote name='Maynard']Well my order processed and I got charged so looks like it is all good.

I'm happy that everyone had great success with this :) I don't usually get to point out good deals (cause someone else finds it seconds before), but man does it feel good to help out CAG's :)[/QUOTE]

what shipping did you place... mine all says pending picked next day shipping

There was only 1 VC left at one of my GameStops and none at another. They absolutely massacred the one they had left. The case had cracks on all sides that stretched from one end to another. Luckily, the guys were nice enough to go to the back and get me a new copy.

Just got back from GameStop in Vegas (Nellis & Stewart) and picked up VC. They still had about 5 or 6 sealed copies behind the register.

[quote name='Maynard']Well my order processed and I got charged so looks like it is all good.

I'm happy that everyone had great success with this :) I don't usually get to point out good deals (cause someone else finds it seconds before), but man does it feel good to help out CAG's :)[/quote]

[quote name='slidecage']what shipping did you place... mine all says pending picked next day shipping[/quote]

Free shipping with SAVER. I was surprised to see how quickly it processed.

I was lucky enough to snag the last DSi for $108 after trading in my DSlite towards it...picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (gutted) and Castlevania (sealed,greatest hits) for about $33 after tax.

Sucks and should be mentioned that the free Guitar promo for the GH:Aerosmith is only for the 360.. all the other ones are $9.99 as well but no guitars..

Just got back from GS and picked up:
:ps3:
Valkyria Chronicles
:360:
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
:ds:
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
:psp:
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Phantasy Star Portable
Silent Hill: Origins

All sealed!

Had been trying not to but finally bit after hours debating if I should since early this morning. Picked up Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy III , and Chrono Trigger for the DS. $64.99 shipped after saver shipping and $5 off 60 coupons.

I've just noticed that my Gamestop just puts the price sticker in the spine without removing the sticker backing, so it doesn't damage the cover. That's pretty cool of them

I'm happy that everyone had great success with this :) I don't usually get to point out good deals (cause someone else finds it seconds before), but man does it feel good to help out CAG's :)[/quote]

Wow. Really? That's great. Hopefully, most of the orders will go through.

If you use the SAVER coupon on the website for free shipping would you still be able to use the 10% off coupon from Game Informer? Or would that be a "NO" since they don't stack coupons?

EDIT: Nevermind. There is no code to enter online. It looks like it's only valid in-store.

Anyways, I ordered on the website and got free shipping using the SAVER coupon since I don't have a car to go in-store and get the free guitar.

:360: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
:360: Tomb Raider Anniversary
:360: Guitar Hero Aerosmith

I picked up some good stuff from my local Gamestop. Everything listed is sealed, except for the gutted Phantasy Star Portable.

:360:
Sonic Unleashed

:psp:
Phantasy Star Portable
Final Fantasy II
FF7 Advent Children UMD (For $5, even though the website says $14.99)
The Fifth Element UMD

:wii:
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 Revolution

:ps2:
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection

Is Persona 3 no longer part of the sale?

So with GH Aerosmith, you can only get a wired guitar? Are those better than the PS2 wired ones?

bread's done
Back