GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueScrote']Some corporate websites make me sick. They have a huge budget available to them, but they look like they were stylistically and functionally designed by 5 year old.

/rant.
.[/quote]
I actually like the way the gamestop website looks and find it easy to use and find what I'm looking for.

[quote name='Optical']So I picked up 4 PSP games: Castlevania, FF1, FF2 and FFT, but don't have a PSP. I was thinking about buying one in the next week or two... Which model should I get? My Best Buy still has the 2000 model as well as the new 3000 model.[/quote]
I'd go with the 3000 as from what I hear the screen issue isn't as bad as it was made out to be. Though it is possible a 4000 is coming this fall.

Maybe if everybody e-mails gamestop about not gutting their games for this sale, we can see a little feedback. Clearly, all they need to do is take the original display copy they gutted, and just put that in a box, with the rest behind the counter.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Thanks again OP, found what I was looking for. The stickers on the cases aren't too bad. As long as you remove each one slowly, they shouldn't leave any residue.[/quote]

Yeah, I had no issues getting any of them off... Well, except that stupid clear tag they put over the case to make it "New".... :bomb:

I'm thinking of getting VC.... may price match at Best Buy and use a RZ coupon.

Has anyone had any problems price matching at BB?

I have such a huge backlog of games (thanks to CAG) that i may hold off.

Wow. Surreal moment. I walked into my local GameStop (it's a hick-town, so I was prepared for the worst) and was met with...1) a clean-smelling store, 2) friendly staff, 3) no b.s. and/or promotions. I asked the guy if they had the 360 Aerosmith guitars and his reply was "oh, you mean the free ones?" I nodded, he went back into the stock room, brought one out, grabbed a copy of the game, and rang me up for $10.60.

Where was the swamp-ass smell, nerdy clerks, and shoving Edge card promotional bull down my throat? I left confused, yet ultimately, quite satisfied. I might even pop back in next week to see if it was just a freak ocurrence.

I haven't heard of anybody price matching, mainly because there is no circular ad for the gameday sale and I believe that is required to price-match.

[quote name='Flavius2005']Wow. Surreal moment. I walked into my local GameStop (it's a hick-town, so I was prepared for the worst) and was met with...1) a clean-smelling store, 2) friendly staff, 3) no b.s. and/or promotions. I asked the guy if they had the 360 Aerosmith guitars and his reply was "oh, you mean the free ones?" I nodded, he went back into the stock room, brought one out, grabbed a copy of the game, and rang me up for $10.60.

Where was the swamp-ass smell, nerdy clerks, and shoving Edge card promotional bull down my throat? I left confused, yet ultimately, quite satisfied. I might even pop back in next week to see if it was just a freak ocurrence.[/quote]

God jam, that is a freak occurrence.

I'm not a big Aerosmith fan, but it was impossible to pass up that deal. Including tax, the guy rang it up as $74.88, and then it got knocked down to $10.69. Aside from that being completely awesome, he actually called over another salesman just to show him how ridiculous it was.

The game's pretty fun, too- it's no Rock Band, but it ain't bad. It's made me realize I like some Aerosmith songs considerably more than I thought I did... though some of them go on and on and on and on for ever and ever and ever.

PM'ed at Best Buy in socal with the printed website page and got a sealed copy of VC, pretty awesome!

I like some Aerosmith songs but I've heard lots of bad reviews for this game. Maybe I'll pick it up... but then again I've got Guitar Hero 2 and 3 here that I've not played a whole lot of yet.

Yeah same here when I saw the deal for GH Aerosmith it was too good to pass up. The normal price for that bundle was 70$ and I got it for only 10$...Amazing deal.
Picked one up for my cousin as well =)

[quote name='CLZ']PM'ed at Best Buy in socal with the printed website page and got a sealed copy of VC, pretty awesome![/QUOTE]
which print out did u use to price match? does the one with all the PS3 games listed for the Gameday sale with the prices work?

thanks

So here's a question I didn't see asked over 34 pages, when does the sale end? I'm on the edge about a couple games, and don't want to have to push it(on top of the fact that it would be a two hour trip to the closest gamestop). I didn't see an end date on any of the gamedays pages on the website.

[quote name='Optical']So I picked up 4 PSP games: Castlevania, FF1, FF2 and FFT, but don't have a PSP. I was thinking about buying one in the next week or two... Which model should I get? My Best Buy still has the 2000 model as well as the new 3000 model.[/QUOTE]

I would say the PSP 3000 all the way. I bought one a week ago with Phantasy Star Portable and I love the thing. You can pirate games with a PSP 1000 but I didn't really care about that because most PSP games are pretty affordable (if you wait a while you can usually get most games anywhere from 10-20 bucks). The current new PSP 2000's are unhackable so you can't pirate games. I enjoy supporting Sony with the PSP because I really do like the system so I personally like buying my games, although I know a lot of people online choose to go the other way.

If their is no real price difference, get a 3000, it has a better screen.

[quote name='ddrpower']So here's a question I didn't see asked over 34 pages, when does the sale end? I'm on the edge about a couple games, and don't want to have to push it(on top of the fact that it would be a two hour trip to the closest gamestop). I didn't see an end date on any of the gamedays pages on the website.[/quote]

I'm sure you're good for a week or so, last years lasted like a month. If I were you I'd go there ASAP, just because they're still on sale doesn't mean they'll still be there. They sell out QUICK.

[quote name='J7.']I swear yesterday VC had 1 page of listings on ebay, today 3 pages.[/QUOTE] That's both funny and sad.

[quote name='ddrpower']So here's a question I didn't see asked over 34 pages, when does the sale end? I'm on the edge about a couple games, and don't want to have to push it(on top of the fact that it would be a two hour trip to the closest gamestop). I didn't see an end date on any of the gamedays pages on the website.[/quote]

According to the coupon, early May.

[quote name='Gorge']You can pirate games with a PSP 1000 but I didn't really care about that because most PSP games are pretty affordable (if you wait a while you can usually get most games anywhere from 10-20 bucks). The current new PSP 2000's are unhackable so you can't pirate games. I enjoy supporting Sony with the PSP because I really do like the system so I personally like buying my games, although I know a lot of people online choose to go the other way.

If their is no real price difference, get a 3000, it has a better screen.[/quote]

I buy all my PSP games, because they're typically cheap, but to have the ability to backup and play any of your PS1 games gives you portable access to one of the greatest game libraries of all time. That's my argument for the PSP. Personally, I like having the package i.e. disc, manual, case so I still buy PS1 games even if just to backup and play on my PSP but others could just download and play.

picked up my copy of VC...it was gutted, but for $30 i dont really care.

i actually had to go two gamestops to get it though. i called the first gamestop if they had any copies left and arrived there 45 minutes later (took the bus) adn they were sold out. the employee told me he sold all 15 copies of it (and this was about 2 hours after they opened). the employee called another gamestop to hold a copy for me though.

so my point is, if you're on the fence about picking up VC, i suggest you quickly pick it up anyways

[quote name='Gorge']I would say the PSP 3000 all the way. I bought one a week ago with Phantasy Star Portable and I love the thing. You can pirate games with a PSP 1000 but I didn't really care about that because most PSP games are pretty affordable (if you wait a while you can usually get most games anywhere from 10-20 bucks). The current new PSP 2000's are unhackable so you can't pirate games. I enjoy supporting Sony with the PSP because I really do like the system so I personally like buying my games, although I know a lot of people online choose to go the other way.

If their is no real price difference, get a 3000, it has a better screen.[/QUOTE]

You can still find hackable 2000's, and I've used both extensively side by side and while I like the color more on the 3000, and the 2000 does have ghosting that is annoying with movie/TV .MP4 files, the interlacing is incredibly annoying on the 3000. Friends with the 3000 also complain that the 3000 makes a lot of games look blocky and that they don't care for the effect.

I bought an older 2000, and would again, until some other revision appears.

Well i picked up my copy of Valkyria Chronicles and it wasnt gutted.

Well i took a gutted copy out of the gameday bin but once i brought it up to the counter, the kind lady gave me a fresh copy. hehe, guess i got lucky

[quote name='ferant316']I buy all my PSP games, because they're typically cheap, but to have the ability to backup and play any of your PS1 games gives you portable access to one of the greatest game libraries of all time. That's my argument for the PSP. Personally, I like having the package i.e. disc, manual, case so I still buy PS1 games even if just to backup and play on my PSP but others could just download and play.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with that, however I do feel you are in the minority of people that install custom firmware as most of the people I know that have custom firmware use it to just download psp games illegally.

My friend has a PSP-1000 and I have a PSP-3000 and I personally like the design of the 3000 better. It's lighter, has a nicer screen, and better battery life. Plus, I have a hard time recommending buying a used system from anywhere where you don't know the previous owner. I would personally never buy a used PSP 1000 or 2000 that is moddable unless I knew who I was buying it from. Now if the OP can find a new PSP-1000 or a PSP-2000 that is moddable I would definitely tell him to go that way.

[quote name='Gorge']I completely agree with that, however I do feel you are in the minority of people that install custom firmware as most of the people I know that have custom firmware use it to just download psp games illegally.

My friend has a PSP-1000 and I have a PSP-3000 and I personally like the design of the 3000 better. It's lighter, has a nicer screen, and better battery life. Plus, I have a hard time recommending buying a used system from anywhere where you don't know the previous owner. I would personally never buy a used PSP 1000 or 2000 that is moddable unless I knew who I was buying it from. Now if the OP can find a new PSP-1000 or a PSP-2000 that is moddable I would definitely tell him to go that way.[/QUOTE]

The older 2000's are still available. Its very obvious when you're getting an older 2000 (they changed the packaging for the newer ones...no more clear plastic window...I may be wrong on this point of course), and hardware-wise, aside from the screen, the 2000 is nearly identical to the 3000, in terms of size, weight, battery, loading, etc.

All the games are gutted in my local GS and they didn't get GH:Aerosmith :360: which I intended to get with the free guitar :bomb:

Hopefully my online order /w the coupon glitch would ship without incident.

Things are keeping me from hitting up my local GS today. I highly highly doubt all of the three will run out of GH:A. Well, God jam it, I hope not.

just saw a thread on fatwallet bout VC price online and ppl already posting bout buying to ebay

so if ur considering VC prob get it online asap before fw spreads

Picked up Guitar Hero Aerosmith with a guitar, Silent Hill Origins and Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (and used the printout of the 10% coupon on the front page). Wanted to purchase more but with Target having the B1G1 free sale on Blu-rays and upgrading my home theater, I need to slow down with the purchasing.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Will any of these sale prices drop more? Persona: FES is tempting but still not much of a deal.[/QUOTE]

They did last year, but remember, it is first come first served, and they don't restock.

I would recommend you scout out the 6-8 Gamestops within your driving distance this coming week (makes a good lunch break trip), and then make your decision. I'm on the fence with Persona 3 FES too. I haven't played any of the Persona games, and have been hankering for 4, but if they still have copies after they drop the price, I'm all over it.

[quote name='Flavius2005']Wow. Surreal moment. I walked into my local GameStop (it's a hick-town, so I was prepared for the worst) and was met with...1) a clean-smelling store, 2) friendly staff, 3) no b.s. and/or promotions. I asked the guy if they had the 360 Aerosmith guitars and his reply was "oh, you mean the free ones?" I nodded, he went back into the stock room, brought one out, grabbed a copy of the game, and rang me up for $10.60.

Where was the swamp-ass smell, nerdy clerks, and shoving Edge card promotional bull down my throat? I left confused, yet ultimately, quite satisfied. I might even pop back in next week to see if it was just a freak ocurrence.[/QUOTE]

I went into 2 gamestops today and it seems like they are trying to improve for the sale, though some things seem to depend on individual store. The one store I went into it was obvious that it was a very new store, it was more spacious and did not smell like anything gross. The other store was a mall store and also did not smell. The employees were clean and neat. The other store had 2 nice girls working at it. I don't want to be sterotypical but its pretty unusual to see females working at Gamestop. Both of these stores seemed like they stopped putting the stickers on the inserts in the case of games, but they were doing it for a little while as some games still had stickers stuck on the inserts, there was a significant percentage of games in the store that did not have stickers on the insert though. I should mention these stores were in an area that I visit infrequently. The stores by my house continue to sticker the inserts, and probably 99% of the games in those stores have stickers stuck directly to the inserts. There were significantly less gutted copies of games on the NEW racks as opposed to the stores by my house. They did not have 19 copies of Pokemon Platinum gutted or anything ridiculous like that.

The stores near my house used to be good, but now they are getting progressively worse. It was obvious to me that the stores in the area that I was in today outperform the stores by my house in cleanliness and with more customer-friendly policies.

The game days stuff was all gutted with multiple gutted copies of each game on the racks. I don't think it would be possible to get a sealed copy of these games in my area.

[quote name='athai86']How long does this sale last? Is it only today?[/quote]
The clerk at my local GS says the sale runs until May, and they may get more shipments throughout the sale.

[quote name='david12795']So if I buy VC online any chance of it being gutted?[/QUOTE]

From what some people have told me. The likelyhood of it being gutted if you buy online is slim

[quote name='no_exit']VC just went front page on SD - this will be fun to watch prices on eBay drop like the housing market.[/QUOTE]

I'll drink to that!

I also scored Guitar Hero:Aerosmith and the Xplorer guitar for $9.99, which was a happy accident because I had no idea this sale was going on, and when I saw GH:A for 9.99, I didn't know it came with the guitar, so that was a pleasant surprise.
I also picked up the Namco Museum Virtual Arcade for $14.99. They had lots of other games, but nothing I was interested in.

[quote name='david12795']So if I buy VC online any chance of it being gutted?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I went to a local Gamestop. They have like 6 copies of VC all gutted, so I left. Maybe gamestop don't want people to resell it on eBay to make a profit since it still retail at $59.99. I guess I just wait for other retail to sell it at $29.99.

[quote name='HOTSHIET']I ordered my copy of VC online, hope they have it instock, for $2.99 shipping, it was worth it![/quote]

Cancel your order and buy it again, this time using the coupon SAVER to get free shipping.

I got two copies of aerosmith plus guitar (one for me and one for a friend) for $9 each w/ the coupon. I already knew about the sale, but the guy was nice and asked if I knew that they came with the guitar.

[quote name='david12795']So if I buy VC online any chance of it being gutted?[/quote]
Never received a gutted game online. There is absolutely no reason for them to gut games in the warehouse anyway. It is not like any joe could walk into the warehouse and jack things.

[quote name='david12795']So if I buy VC online any chance of it being gutted?[/quote]

I heard the reason people are upset about the games being open is because they like to flip/ebay all of the sale games and they can not do this as easily if they are open.

bread's done
Back