GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Wait, are people getting the 10% coupon applied to all items of a purchase? I bought 4 things this morning and it only worked on one of them (VC), which just happened to be the most expensive. I also bought FF I, FF II, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith - it didn't apply to any of them. It was the first time the guys there had seen the coupon in use so they said it must only apply to one item. I even got the "good" clerk who is usually very helpful so they certainly weren't BSing me - they just didn't know. On the plus side, they held VC and FF I for me (thogh it wasn't necessary as they had more of each one). However, the guy knew I'd prefer a non-gutted one and somehow even though they had gutted everything the day before they got more stuff in on Sunday and held a non-gutted FF I for me - so that was nice.

As for the coupon, though, does it need to be scanned for each item or something like the coupons of old?

Funny thing - I was there 2 1/2 hours after they opened and not only was I the first person to use the coupon, they said I was the first person even aware of the sale. And I completely forgot to get Tomb Raider Anniversary :bomb:. Oh well, if the GS.com order comes through I'll have it, but I'm not counting on that.[/quote]

I bought 10 games and the coupon applied to every single one of them, it only needed to be scanned once.

good deal for valkyria chronicles (and dlc should be coming soon... I think), too bad I have it.

you guys think I would enjoy persona 3 fes; I didn't like persona 2 on psone (only played 10-15 mins of it though). some recent rpgs I have enjoyed are Disgaea 3, FF12, Valkyria Chronicles and ...Fallout 3.

I picked up Namco Museum Virtual Arcade from GameStop earlier. It's definitely worth the $15 just for the two Galaga games!

It was gutted, but the case was in very good condition, and the cashier showed me the bottom of the disc before she put it into the case - it was probably the friendliest GameStop experience I've ever had.

[quote name='The Sailerman']I picked up Namco Museum Virtual Arcade from GameStop earlier. It's definitely worth the $15 just for the two Galaga games![/quote]

Yeah, they even have the psp namco remake games in there.

[quote name='The Sailerman']It was gutted, but the case was in very good condition, and the cashier showed me the bottom of the disc before she put it into the case - it was probably the friendliest GameStop experience I've ever had.[/quote]

Lol, that happens to me from the last gameday sale. I guess, that store was really slow in that day.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Picked up a sealed copy of valkyria chronicles. :D couldnt use the coupon - guy said he needed an actual copy not a photocopy.[/quote]

Same here. The clerk was actually willing to take the photocopy of the coupon, but when he made a call to his manager, it turned out that you had to have a Gamestop membership. fuck that! I just paid the extra $3.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I refuse to buy gutted games. If it's been opened it's no longer new and it should be cheaper then a factory sealed game.[/quote]

I guess that is because it kills the resale value on Ebay?

[quote name='DarkRider23']According to iO, the coupon only works for 1 game. Any confirmation on that?[/QUOTE]

I used it on a purchase of 4 games, and it worked on everything except GH:A. I got the free wired guitar, so I guess that offer overrode it.

Hey, if anybody's heading up to their EB/Gamestop soon, and they've got a copy of Gradius V (PS2) used, in decent condition ($9.99) - I'd REALLY appreciate you picking it up and shipping it out to me. I'll Paypal you $15 for it. My local EBs don't have it.

PM me if you can! Thanks in advance!

[quote name='InvaderZim']I guess that is because it kills the resale value on Ebay?[/quote]

There's nothing sinister going on. Some people like a new game to be sealed when they buy it from Gamestop.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I guess that is because it kills the resale value on Ebay?[/quote]

Maybe because they get greasy fingerprints all over your "New" game.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I guess that is because it kills the resale value on Ebay?[/QUOTE]

lol, no. Anyone buying any of these "sale" games to resell is an idiot - VC, for example, will ebay for... what... 5-8 bucks more than you pay at GS after taxes? Take out ebay and paypal fees and you're lucky to break even.

No, it is not because it kills the resale value - it's because when you buy a sale item from any other retailer, it's actually sealed.

[quote name='chrisnsally']Hey, if anybody's heading up to their EB/Gamestop soon, and they've got a copy of Gradius V (PS2) used, in decent condition ($9.99) - I'd REALLY appreciate you picking it up and shipping it out to me. I'll Paypal you $15 for it. My local EBs don't have it.

PM me if you can! Thanks in advance![/quote]
I'm hitting a few Wed. I will PM you if I find the game.

used the 10% coupon on Sat, printed out in black and white and had no problems whatso ever.

ps grabbed VC for like $24 after the coupon and a few bucks on a gift card.

Thanks OP! I picked up Namco Arcade 360, Metal Slug 7 DS, MGS PO+ & Silent Hill Origins PSP w/ Persona 4 DJ Guide. I know the manager at my GS and he didn't put those awful SEAL stickers on my games. ;)

[quote name='Serpentor']Does anyone know the 10% Gamer Days coupon from the GI magazine works on point cards and PSN cards? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It's on Game Days sale items, so no.

[quote name='theflicker']It's on Game Days sale items, so no.[/quote]

Darn, you're right... i just reread the little prints on the 10% Gamer Days coupon and it does say it works on Gamer Days sale items only. So much for wishful thinking...

My Game Days experience went pretty well.

The stores I went to didn't have any of the PC games out so I got those still in shrink wrap.

They let me use the printed coupon.

However I did not get RE collection because they managed to scratch the disks up by putting them in the paper sleeves (not just fingerprints, actual scratches). I do not know how the heck they managed that.

I traded in a bunch of DS games the kids don't play, using the 30% coupon, then picked up VC, Chrono Trigger (coupon from GI worked on both of those, nothing on the coupon limits it to one game), and a used copy of Puzzle Quest for the DS, and was out-of-pocket (after all coupons and EDGE) about $36. Not a bad day's work.

Anyone know if Gamestop.com provides UPS tracking numbers for the lowest tier shipping option? I have had bad experiences with my UPS always leaving my packages at my doorstep (its an apartment unit that basically opens right out to the sidewalk with lots of foot traffic) without having anyone sign.

[quote name='henhowc']Anyone know if Gamestop.com provides UPS tracking numbers for the lowest tier shipping option? I have had bad experiences with my UPS always leaving my packages at my doorstep (its an apartment unit that basically opens right out to the sidewalk with lots of foot traffic) without having anyone sign.[/QUOTE]

If your order is big enough that it gets upgraded to UPS ground or 3-day, yes.

[quote name='eau']Those are automated order confirmation emails and Sunday is not their workday. They won't call you about your order. If they ain't happy about it for any reason, they will just cancel it and you'll be lucky to even get a cancellation email.[/quote]

Actually, a live person called me on Sunday afternoon (for an order that I placed right when the sale started on Saturday night), to confirm because my billing and shipping addresses were different. Maybe they're working on Sunday because of the volume of orders from the sale?

Oddly, my order status still says "verifying" today though. So apparently that confirmation call isn't what clears that status.

[quote name='gkrykewy']My GS.com order (w/ glitch) has switched from "Pending" to the mysterious "Verifying" status.[/QUOTE]

Same... i would of thought they would of went to SHIPPED By now since i picked OVERNIGHT

I've had "verifying" orders ship in the past, and also get canceled (when a "quantity per customer" limit was enacted after I'd ordered an item).

I stink at music games, and I really don't need another guitar taking up space. But damn it...how can you pass up a deal like the Aerosmith "bundle?" I might have to actually check out GS later. I think I will wait and see if my glitch order actually goes through. If not, I'll pick a few games up at the store.

[quote name='gkrykewy']If your order is big enough that it gets upgraded to UPS ground or 3-day, yes.[/QUOTE]

Ok so my order says:

MM Upgrade-UPS Ground - $0.00
UPS Ground - Media Mail Upgrade

That means that when the order is confirmed they will be e-mailing or posting a tracking number on the website? Thanks.

[quote name='gkrykewy']My GS.com order (w/ glitch) has switched from "Pending" to the mysterious "Verifying" status.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='newlu']Both of my orders just changed to "Verifying"..wohooo![/QUOTE]

All my lines from my order changed to Verifying also... I think the wife too.

We all ordered at 8am Sunday.

[quote name='slidecage']Same... i would of thought they would of went to SHIPPED By now since i picked OVERNIGHT[/QUOTE]

They get 1 day to process so they could not ship till tomorrow, next day Wed.... sounds lame but no one works on Sunday. They could have it ship by 4pm or so...

[quote name='henhowc']Ok so my order says:

MM Upgrade-UPS Ground - $0.00
UPS Ground - Media Mail Upgrade

That means that when the order is confirmed they will be e-mailing or posting a tracking number on the website? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you'll see a tracking # on the web site.

[quote name='xycury']All my lines from my order changed to Verifying also... I think the wife too.

We all ordered at 8am Sunday.[/QUOTE]

My guess then is that they're "verifying" every order that used the 5OFF60 coupon, and will probably cancel all of them that used it incorrectly.

Scored at one of my local shops.. Picked up the following

PSP
Hellboy
Silent Hill
FF1
Warhamer
Phantasty Star

Aerosmith w/ guiter bundle

UMDs
9 total but the score was on the 2 Family guy vol 1 and a Stewie movie I got, this was the only store here that had any FG umds..

I didnt know about the aerosmith and guitar deal untilthe GS guy told me about it.. Couldnt pass it up for $10..

Just picked up GH:Aerosmith. I held out as long as I could. :D Mgr. knew about the deal and had a whole stack of controllers. No issues. Never really been into GH, but $10 is worth it.

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']My Game Days experience went pretty well.

The stores I went to didn't have any of the PC games out so I got those still in shrink wrap.

They let me use the printed coupon.

However I did not get RE collection because they managed to scratch the disks up by putting them in the paper sleeves (not just fingerprints, actual scratches). I do not know how the heck they managed that.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem with gutting a game and still calling it new. Anytime discs are handled there is always the chance something can happen to them. Clearly a scratched game is no longer new.

[quote name='gkrykewy']My guess then is that they're "verifying" every order that used the 5OFF60 coupon, and will probably cancel all of them that used it incorrectly.[/quote]

Nope, I just did a straight order, didn't use any coupons, and I've got the "verifying" status.

If it hasn't changed by the time I'm leaving work today, I may call them and ask what it means. I was trying to save myself a trip to the store (and avoid getting gutted copies), but I'd rather just pick up the games while they're still in stock if there's any risk that I won't get them from my web order.

I also used the 10% coupon from my game informer and like alot of people here, it only took the 10% off of 1 game and all the UMDs, the guy had to go in and manually take 10% off all the other games..

[quote name='gkrykewy']My guess then is that they're "verifying" every order that used the 5OFF60 coupon, and will probably cancel all of them that used it incorrectly.[/QUOTE]

well so be it... if it ships it ships.

I'll be stopping in store if the order doesn't go through...really just picked up a few games nothing like these 200 sales orders some have put through.

Mine totaled only 43 after checkout/tax...

Interesting, the order I made without the "coupon code" when the deal went live that first night has all of the items on it listed as "pending". The two orders I made with the code the next morning have all of the items listed as "verifying".

[quote name='arcane93']Nope, I just did a straight order, didn't use any coupons, and I've got the "verifying" status.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's good! :)

[quote name='charlescheese']Interesting, the order I made without the "coupon code" when the deal went live that first night has all of the items on it listed as "pending". The two orders I made with the code the next morning have all of the items listed as "verifying".[/QUOTE]

But that's bad :(

I called to ask what verifying meant and they said they were authorizing from the credit card company. The guy checked my specific order in which I had stacked both coupon codes and he said everything looked good to go and was on track to be shipped. Still not totally confident that's gonna happen, but it looks like the stacked coupon order may go through (VC and PSN card.)

I called and asked -- apparently "verifying" means that they are verifying billing info with the credit card company, and then sending the order over to the warehouse for shipment. Apparently the status will stay at that until it's actually shipped (the girl I spoke to told me that my order should be shipping today).

So that doesn't absolutely mean that you won't have a problem with that status (if your credit card doesn't clear or whatever), but it's probably a good sign that the order has been accepted, pending the payment going through.

bread's done
Back