GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got VC for 26.99 (using the 10% coupon).

I got it from the georgetown shopping center (bk, NY). They only had gutted copies but had several left.
And they are doing the GHA + guitar for XBOX 360. (not Ps3 unfortunately). But i think the employees were going to buy the rest.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Can anyone link to the 10% coupon? I'm having a problem finding the thread...I remember seeing it a while back but can't see it anywhere now. I am searching for "10%" on every page and haven't seen anything but the $2 EDGE card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The coupon is on the first page, first post. It's hidden with spoiler tags.[/QUOTE]

Either hobbie went forum-tard on us or he means the Eternal 10% coupon...

found here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191838&highlight=coupon

It's sticked in the Video Game Deals forum... so I don't know how one would lose it. :cool:

As for shipping... I bought My World My Way on the 9th, shipped on the 10th but not really because that was an electronic scan, it really didn't get to UPS till the 11th... then I got it the 13th.

So I don't think these orders will even ship till tomorrow. (enough time for GS to find out what they are doing with all these "cheap" orders.) :hot:

[My order is still verifying]

[quote name='gi60']Io, The coupon should work with Multiple too. I bought 3 VCs and GHA in 1 receipt, and all 3 VCs are discounted while the GHA is not because of the guitar promo.
Before everybody's flaming me, the other 2 VCs are for my friends and we purchased in 1 transaction since I'm the only one that has the 10% coupon.[/QUOTE]

OK, then, my last-ditch explanation for why it didn't work is that it simply does not work with Final Fantasy I for the PSP (or possibly PSP games in general). Did anyone get the 10% off with that specific game? 'cause I bought 4 things: VC (got the discount), GH:A (no discount due to guitar controller promo), FF 1 (no discount for no apparent reason), and FF 2 (rung up by mistake as FF 1 and thus also no discount).

Don't want to be picky, but I wasn't too impressed with the 50% off list. Granted there were some good deals and a few games I already owned, but overall not that great.

[quote name='chuang4u']damn! i used the 5off60 on my order. it was "pending" yesterday, but today it's "verifying".[/QUOTE]

I think everyone's order is verifying still whether they used that glitch or not.

I called to check what "verifying" meant. After putting me on hold (i assume to talk the supervisor), she told me ALL orders using 5OFF60 coupon are being canceled.

Blah, oh well.

[quote name='sanai79']I called to check what "verifying" meant. After putting me on hold (i assume to talk the supervisor), she told me ALL orders using 5OFF60 coupon are being canceled.

Blah, oh well.[/quote]

We'll see about that.

Also, stop calling them, you idiots.

Imagine this - Gamestop likely never gets a large influx of calls regarding what "verifying" means, so all these people who decide to call and ask about it could possibly raise a flag.

Of course it ended up getting posted on SD as well, so that number could have grown tremendously -.-

So... has anyone else gotten the VC game in-store with the guide for $0.01, as I saw someoen else posted a while back?

Well, I got my new (gutted) copy of Guitar Hero Aerosmith and the wired guitar. I detest gutted games, but with a new guitar controller, I'll learn to live with it.

[quote name='imacjenn']So... has anyone else gotten the VC game in-store with the guide for $0.01, as I saw someoen else posted a while back?[/quote]

It's not really part of a deal or anything. The Valkyria Chronicles guide has been pennied out for a few weeks now. If the copies haven't been destroyed yet, there's a chance you can just pick one up. There's also a chance that they'll refuse to sell it to you. YMMV.

i just came back from my local gamestop, i wanted to pick up Castlevania hoping it would be blacklabel, but they only had gh. instead i picked final fantasy I for psp and final fantasy tactics for ds.

Took my trip to GS to get GH:A with a guitar. They still seemed to have plenty of stock of every game. I got lucky since they didn't gut my copy of the game woohoo!

[quote name='bojay1997']I think everyone's order is verifying still whether they used that glitch or not.[/QUOTE]

I did NOT use the 5off60 coupon. Only the SAVER coupon for free shipping. Mine has been on Pending since I ordered late Saturday evening. For what its worth I did call this morning to see if I could change my shipping address and the CSR stated that the order was too far along for me to make any changes and even if I was able to change something the shipping address cannot be different than my billing address. ::shrugs::

Hopefully everyone gets their orders but I'm guessing that those who used the $5 off glitch will PROBABLY get canceled. Which is pretty normal when it comes to these type of mistakes and is included in their TOS.

They should really update the order status glossary though to reflect this magical "Verifying" status... :)

[quote name='sanai79']I called to check what "verifying" meant. After putting me on hold (i assume to talk the supervisor), she told me ALL orders using 5OFF60 coupon are being canceled.

Blah, oh well.[/quote]

...and WHY did you have to call again?

Do they automatically give you the guitar with the game (Guitar Hero: Aerosmith), or do you have ask them? Also, is this deal for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3? (Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered).

[quote name='henhowc']even if I was able to change something the shipping address cannot be different than my billing address.[/quote]

I've never seen a company so paranoid about this. I was able to set my shipping and billing addresses to be different when I placed my order on Saturday night, but when the guy from there called on Sunday to verify that it was correct (and that I was, indeed, the owner of the credit card and the person who placed the order), I was so surprised that I almost thought that I was being scammed for a moment. I have things shipped to my girlfriend's house all the time (it's a lot more secure than my apartment building, where packages are usually just left sitting in the hall), and I've never had anyone bat an eye about it before.

I called two Gamestops and confirmed they were willing to do the deal for Aerosmith. I got one for myself and brought a friend who bought the last one. I may go and get another spare guitar, not sure.

[quote name='chuang4u']...and WHY did you have to call again?[/quote]

Prolly b/c some people are too stupid or too impatient. I mean people through out this thread explained what 'verifying' meant multiple times. It's only natural for him to still call GS and ask what 'verifying' means.

looks like they will all be cancel. even with OVERNIGHT.. packages did not ship and should of been here tomorrow ...i well gamestop just lost 125 bucks cause i will not pay full price for any of the games i ordered.

Blah, oh well.[/QUOTE]

wow
You are dumb

[quote name='slidecage']looks like they will all be cancel. even with OVERNIGHT.. packages did not ship and should of been here tomorrow ...i well gamestop just lost 125 bucks cause i will not pay full price for any of the games i ordered.[/quote]

They'd lose even more money if they chose to ship your order to you for that price, lmao.

[quote name='arcane93']I've never seen a company so paranoid about this. I was able to set my shipping and billing addresses to be different when I placed my order on Saturday night, but when the guy from there called on Sunday to verify that it was correct (and that I was, indeed, the owner of the credit card and the person who placed the order), I was so surprised that I almost thought that I was being scammed for a moment. I have things shipped to my girlfriend's house all the time (it's a lot more secure than my apartment building, where packages are usually just left sitting in the hall), and I've never had anyone bat an eye about it before.[/QUOTE]

Usually its only the smaller online retailers (from my experience) who request that your billing and shipping be the same. I was kind of surprised that they wouldn't let me change it as other CAGers seemed to have the opposite experience. Just like you, my apartment building isn't secure and those dumbasses at UPS usually just leave things on doorsteps.

[quote name='sunghost']They'd lose even more money if they chose to ship your order to you for that price, lmao.[/QUOTE]

i think they make more then 5 bucks per game... : ) funny thing i really did not need many of the games i ordered but thought for 5 bucks each WHAT THE HELL..

i probally pick up phantasy star psp tomorrow instore for 27

probally wont pick up Path of the Ninja 2 for 15 or the rest of the junk for 10 each

They did me a favor if you really look at it.. really did not have 125 bucks to blow in junk video games

O and i dont think Verifying means checking on credit card, cause i called my credit card company and was told it was good to go as of last night ( called to get my credit % dropped )

[quote name='doodofdoods']We'll see about that.

Also, stop calling them, you idiots.[/quote]

I called in and they told me that anyone who used the coupon code is going to have their games substituted with an order of egg rolls, General Tso's Chicken, and a fortune cookie. So all is not lost. :lol:

[quote name='sunghost']They'd lose even more money if they chose to ship your order to you for that price, lmao.[/QUOTE]

LOL...seriously. The sense of entitlement amazes me every time. Especially on something that is OBVIOUSLY A MISTAKE.

[quote name='parkerpic']I called in and they told me that anyone who used the coupon code is going to have their games substituted with an order of egg rolls, General Tso's Chicken, and a fortune cookie. So all is not lost. :lol:[/QUOTE]
That's odd. The CSR I spoke with said we'd be getting egg drop soup but made no mention of egg rolls.

Weird that they're cancelling orders for using 5 off 60. Is free shipping and five bucks gonna kill the empire?

EDIT: Just read the thread waaay back. It took five dollars off each item? That's amazing. I'll be pissed if orders ship and I missed out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blah, oh well.[/quote]

you fail! :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='henhowc']LOL...seriously. The sense of entitlement amazes me every time. Especially on something that is OBVIOUSLY A MISTAKE.[/QUOTE]

Was looking at my order again... I wonder how much they would lose just on Shipping if they shipped it

18 games for 11.50 Overnight...... The shipping cost would have to cost more then 11.50..

I never said i was entitle to these games.. Just saying nice when some companys eat the lost and some dont...

Now if they Tie up my credit for days with out with cancelling or shipping then i will be pissed off

If everyone used the 10% off coupon then they are really only using around 3.50 or less per game

10 buck games would be 1 off so they lost 4
15 buck games would been 1.50 so they lost 3.50
30 buck games would been 3 off so they lost 2

so in a way im shocked they just did not let the items go cause probally most of these orders were the 20 to 30 buck price range.. woudl think they would have to pay people overtime to cancel the orders, costing more money then just shipping out the packages

[quote name='newlu']wow
You are dumb[/quote]

Bravo, I'm glad that guy called, no reason to be buying these s$#t games in the 1st place, even with a $5 discount.

[quote name='CaoPi']also looks like VC is now backordered, meh.......[/quote]

It might come back in stock for a bit whenever the coupon orders get cancelled.

[quote name='IheartGames']Hi,

Would you mind telling me how to cancel my account? Just moving on, that's all. Thanks.[/quote]

[quote name='IheartGames']Done. Goodbye.[/quote]

[quote name='IheartGames']Bravo, I'm glad that guy called, no reason to be buying these s$#t games in the 1st place, even with a $5 discount.[/quote]
Thought you were quitting CAG?
why'd you come back?
What a loser

[quote name='slidecage']Was looking at my order again... I wonder how much they would lose just on Shipping if they shipped it

18 games for 11.50 Overnight...... The shipping cost would have to cost more then 11.50..

I never said i was entitle to these games.. Just saying nice when some companys eat the lost and some dont...

Now if they Tie up my credit for days with out with cancelling or shipping then i will be pissed off

If everyone used the 10% off coupon then they are really only using around 3.50 or less per game

10 buck games would be 1 off so they lost 4
15 buck games would been 1.50 so they lost 3.50
30 buck games would been 3 off so they lost 2

so in a way im shocked they just did not let the items go cause probally most of these orders were the 20 to 30 buck price range.. woudl think they would have to pay people overtime to cancel the orders, costing more money then just shipping out the packages[/QUOTE]

Huh? As far as I know there's no 10% off online coupon. People are talking about the 5OFF60 online coupon. The glitch was that people were getting $5 off EACH individual item in their cart.

[quote name='newlu']wow
You are dumb[/quote]

and you need to learn to read english and not misinterpret what i posted. They were all being canceled prior to my call. I assume they ran a batch search on orders with the coupon.

Man, if they did take action on the people who used the code, I'd at least hope that they'd contact those of us who actually had a $60+ order and asked if it was OK to adjust the price up instead cancelling the order outright.

Wishful thinking, I know.

[quote name='sanai79']and you need to learn to read english and not misinterpret what i posted. They were all being canceled prior to my call. I assume they ran a batch search on orders with the coupon.[/quote]

Damn, you've got a lot of time on your hands, don't you?

[quote name='themidnighter23']got a question, the coupon. i can print this out and use it right? it doesnt have to be straight from the mag correct?[/quote]

YMMV, I printed it out twice and used them at 2 stores and they accepted it fine.

[quote name='sunghost']YMMV, I printed it out twice and used them at 2 stores and they accepted it fine.[/QUOTE]

ok, ill give a try then. thanks

[quote name='slidecage']i think they make more then 5 bucks per game... : ) funny thing i really did not need many of the games i ordered but thought for 5 bucks each WHAT THE HELL..

i probally pick up phantasy star psp tomorrow instore for 27

probally wont pick up Path of the Ninja 2 for 15 or the rest of the junk for 10 each

They did me a favor if you really look at it.. really did not have 125 bucks to blow in junk video games

O and i dont think Verifying means checking on credit card, cause i called my credit card company and was told it was good to go as of last night ( called to get my credit % dropped )[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much in the same place. If the order is cancelled, I won't be reordering any of the items. The way I figured it, the $5 off put most of the games in the 50% off range where they should have been to make this a sale instead of some overhyped joke.

bread's done
Back