GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, my Valkyria Chronicles and Silent Hill have shipped, and now Final Fantasy 1 and II are listed is "backordered", which sucks because I placed the order moments after it went live. Worms for PSP is still listed as pending. All of these were from my non-coupon order.

LINE RIDER 2 UNBOUND - DS 1 0 $4.99 Cancelled N/A
SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION REVOL - DS 1 0 $9.99 Cancelled N/A
HIDDEN & DANGEROUS II - PC 1 0 $0.00 Cancelled N/A
METAL SLUG 7 - DS 1 1 $9.99 Shipped 1ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (1)
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: PERSONA 3 - PS2 1 0 $14.99 Cancelled N/A
Order Total: $10.54

Used SAVER and 5OFF60

Looks like I got free shipping and 5 off one of the games I really wanted. I wanted P3Fes too and the other 3 were really fillers... that 5 off would be nice.

So off to GS to find a copy.

My wife placed an order just for a good price, 5 items ordered at the same time and all of hers are canceled. Somehow stated that they had shipping on there but I don't think it was charged.

[quote name='Zeranium']Welp, my glitched order was just canceled.
Feeling pretty indifferent about it.[/QUOTE]

This. Decent deal if it went through, saves me money that it didn't. Win/win in my book. With my backlog, it's not like I'd touch VC anytime soon, so hopefully by the time I'm ready to play it, I can snag it even cheaper.

I was lucky...i bought valkyria chronicles back on 3/27 used for $49 after my edge card rebate...i walked into GS today and noticed it on sale. The store I go to is real laid back and I talked to the guy at the register. He was nice enough to exchange my used copy for a new one, and returned the difference. It was 4 days over the return period, too.

I guess all gamestops aren't that bad.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I was lucky...i bought valkyria chronicles back on 3/27 used for $49 after my edge card rebate...i walked into GS today and noticed it on sale. The store I go to is real laid back and I talked to the guy at the register. He was nice enough to exchange my used copy for a new one, and returned the difference. It was 4 days over the return period, too.

I guess all gamestops aren't that bad.[/QUOTE]

There are good stores, I have one that I frequent, but the one in the mall is pure ass.

They do exist, it's just rare because it's soo too easy to not be great.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Awesome, my order was canceled. They also drained out the gift card I used and its at a $0 balance.[/quote]

when does it go back to the gift card? I have the same problem

The important part of my order shipped with the 5/60 coupon. VC, Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star Portable for $24.99, Castlevania for $4.99. They canceled Exit, Sid Meiers (DS), and 300...I didn't really want those as much as the four that shipped.

I tried to get GH: Aerosmith for PS3 today with the free guitar promo, but some fucker bought up every guitar and I refuse to grab the game without a guitar.

Just confirming what has probably already been confirmed innumerable times, that the free guitar promo DOES work with the $9.99 GH: Aerosmith from the Game Days sale.

[quote name='CaoPi']when does it go back to the gift card? I have the same problem[/quote]

It ususally takes 3-5 days. In my case it took the whole 5 days.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I was lucky...i bought valkyria chronicles back on 3/27 used for $49 after my edge card rebate...i walked into GS today and noticed it on sale. The store I go to is real laid back and I talked to the guy at the register. He was nice enough to exchange my used copy for a new one, and returned the difference. It was 4 days over the return period, too.

I guess all gamestops aren't that bad.[/quote]
That's fucked up. So they're going to sell your used copy as a new gamedays copy now and lose money or sell yours as used and break even.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I tried to get GH: Aerosmith for PS3 today with the free guitar promo, but some fucker bought up every guitar and I refuse to grab the game without a guitar.

Just confirming what has probably already been confirmed innumerable times, that the free guitar promo DOES work with the $9.99 GH: Aerosmith from the Game Days sale.[/quote]
I heard you only get the guitar with the 360 version anyways. Does a wired explorer for PS3 even exist?

Just wondering, did anyone that ordered Final Fantasy 1 and 2 for PSP online get them to be shipped? Ordered both along with a few other things like the second the sale started online without using any coupons and they still ended up getting put to backorder while the rest got shipped.

I should have jumped on the glitch earlier instead of waiting. It shows FFT as shipped but the two orders of VC I wanted is canceled.

I guess all gamestops aren't that bad.[/quote]

it depends really on the employee. i was a cashier and i can easily refuse and you might try your luck with another person the next day.

DID anyone ever get an email saying your order was cancel..

When i called up to complain about getting the pending charges off cause the order was cancel (they said allow up to a week--- total BS) They said they sent out a mass emall to everyone who placed an order last night saying

orders will be cancel.

I never got an email and i call BS about sending out emails

[quote name='Hostile']I should have jumped on the glitch earlier instead of waiting. It shows FFT as shipped but the two orders of VC I wanted is canceled.[/quote]

I'm not sure getting in on it earlier would've helped. I placed my order at ~7:45 AM EST with the code and everything got cancelled.

[quote name='slidecage']DID anyone ever get an email saying your order was cancel..

When i called up to complain about getting the pending charges off cause the order was cancel (they said allow up to a week--- total BS) They said they sent out a mass emall to everyone who placed an order last night saying

orders will be cancel.

I never got an email and i call BS about sending out emails[/quote]

Nope, I never got an e-mail. The only reason I knew was because I kept checking the status of my order every few hours.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I'm not sure getting in on it earlier would've helped. I placed my order at ~7:45 AM EST with the code and everything got cancelled.[/quote]

I was awake when Game Day went live and following the thread.

I doubt they sent any e-mails. I found out my order was canceled by checking the site, nothing in my e-mail even hinted that my order would be canceled.

If an e-mail was sent out this thread would have had dozens of posts about it shortly after it was sent out.

I think they might be going through each title ordered instead of each order to check to see whether to cancel it or not? I don't know why else people who did or even did not use the coupon would see some of their order filled and the other still pending or canceled.

Definetly no e-mails sent. Looks like the phone rep just blatantly lied to you. Everyone seems to be finding out by the order status page on the site.

3/12 items on my order shipped, the rest were cancelled. Of the 9 that didn't ship 3 were going to be backordered and 4 were going to be free (3 UMDs, 1 PC game). Oh well, still got Castlevania, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear for the PSP for $15. I'll just pass on the UMDs and Final Fantasy titles this year (I already have tactics) and pick up the other 3 titles I was interested in. I doubt Namco Arcade and Warhammer Squad Command will be difficult to find,

I also ordered VC, PSN Card and Namco with saver and 5off60 yesterday around 1:00 PM and it just shipped!

Number VALKYRIA CHRONICLES - PS3 1 1 $24.99 Shipped PLAYSTATION NETWORK CARD $20 - PS3 1 1 $15.00 Shipped NAMCO MUSEUM VIRTUAL ARCADE - Xbox 360 1 1 $9.99 Shipped

Sub-Total: $49.98
Handling: $0.00
Tax: $4.12
Order Total: $54.10

[quote name='Rsonline']I also ordered VC, PSN Card and Namco with saver and 5off60 yesterday around 1:00 PM and it just shipped!

Number VALKYRIA CHRONICLES - PS3 1 1 $24.99 Shipped PLAYSTATION NETWORK CARD $20 - PS3 1 1 $15.00 Shipped NAMCO MUSEUM VIRTUAL ARCADE - Xbox 360 1 1 $9.99 Shipped

Sub-Total: $49.98
Handling: $0.00
Tax: $4.12
Order Total: $54.10[/quote]If you're in TX, then that's CST? So 2pm EST?

My order using the glitched coupon was cancelled. I haven't received and email about it, but Im kinda grateful they did it. The only game I really wanted from my order Amazon has for the same price that the glitched coupon wouldve gave me. The only thing that really irks me is that I had my wife pick up Conquest for the wii from my local store and the disc looks like it has seen hell although it is marked as "new".

[quote name='J7.']
I heard you only get the guitar with the 360 version anyways. Does a wired explorer for PS3 even exist?[/quote]

The clerk at the store verified that it works with the PS3 version as well, but I'm not even sure IF they even have a wired guitar controller for the PS3 since I never once was interested in this game.

But for $10 for the game AND a controller, I figured I'd give it a shot. The worst that would happen is I could trade/sell the controller and game to a local shop for $20-30 and make money on the deal.

VC shipped today (allegedly) - ordered an hour after the sale went live, WITHOUT the glitched code. However, this was only through the order history page and not via an e-mail. Just for reference.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The clerk at the store verified that it works with the PS3 version as well, but I'm not even sure IF they even have a wired guitar controller for the PS3 since I never once was interested in this game.

But for $10 for the game AND a controller, I figured I'd give it a shot. The worst that would happen is I could trade/sell the controller and game to a local shop for $20-30 and make money on the deal.[/quote]

So where did this free controller deal originate from? I'm going to try it out tomorrow, but wouldn't hurt to know what I'm talking about beforehand...

Is SAVE10 not working for anyone else right now? My order totals $53, I'm using SAVER, and it's giving me this message:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVE10 - Save $10 off your order of $50 or more

Any ideas?

my gamestop had 5 copies of VC all gutted. All games were gutted. They claimed that the boss wanted them to do so because they would know how many games were left....rite..
2 copies of chrono trigger for DS. got one VC and one CT. not bad deals...still felt weird without me ripping the seal off myself..didnt like that....

$uck mine ordered #1 with 13 games is canceled. Somehow mine 2nd ordered with 5 games went thru. Most the items i wants now is back order :(

Quick question, I ordered FFI and FFII from the website and they are backordered. Will they actually ship backordered stuff?

[quote name='hopeunknown']Does anyone know if you order online are games always sealed if they're new? I bought a gutted FF2 today and would prefer a sealed one...[/QUOTE] I ordered Culdcept for the PS2 a long time ago and got a resealed game. I wrote customer service about it and they sent me a prepaid envelope to mail the game back for my money back. Beyond that, every other game I've ordered from them has been sealed.

bread's done
Back