GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Josef']
Oh, and to those of you asking about ordering backordered items on Gamestop.com and having them ship, it's never happened for me in the past. And guess what, they never let me know about it either.
[/quote]
That right there is worst than gutting games. Apparently my VC is shipped since yesterday morning or afternoon, yet my FF1&2 have been pending for almost a day now... strange. If half your order is "shipped" status does that mean its actually shipped out or sitting there waiting for the rest of your order?

I don't mind the Gamer Deal gutted copies. Its the normal new ones that sit on the shelf and get really dirty that I hate. What I love is how at some of the stores they got smart and used any of the gutted copies they already had and just place the gamer day sale sticker on them. Haven't seen any stores gut more then 2 copies of a game yet.

Looks like VC is backordered, this is a good idea for those to keep in mind for the next glitch. Ain't gonna happen!

I'm toally anal about opened new games, so I'm gonna have to pass the B&M where everything is gutted.

Better news upon searching for a non gutted VC, I strolled upon a pennied out VC guide. I asked the guy to scan it. He does so and says "It's your lucky day bro", as his jaw drops at the .01 price gotta love that.

[quote name='CaoPi']Looks like VC is backordered, this is a good idea for those to keep in mind for the next glitch. Ain't gonna happen!

I'm toally anal about opened new games, so I'm gonna have to pass the B&M where everything is gutted.

Better news upon searching for a non gutted VC, I strolled upon a pennied out VC guide. I asked the guy to scan it. He does so and says "It's your lucky day bro", as his jaw drops at the .01 price gotta love that.[/quote]

But it did happen!... sorta.

GameStop coupon code glitches have happened before. Anyone remember when B2G1 worked on used consoles? Or when CAG16 stacked with B2G1? They apparently have a bang-up crew working on that site.

I'm pretty sure my 5OFF60 order was canceled. They sent me an email Sunday afternoon saying that my credit card was declined for one of my orders (the 5OFF60 one), and that I needed to contact my bank to resolve the problem. LOL, there's no way my card would be declined. I'm nowhere near my credit limit and my account is in excellent standing. Anyway, the email also said that once I had resolved the issue with my bank, to reply to the email with RESOLVED in the subject line along with my bank's phone # and that failure to do so within 48 hours would result in the automatic cancelation of my order. I'm tempted to just send them an email with RESOLVED and my bank's phone number in the subject line and see what happens. I still think they'll cancel it, as I know they're making up the story of my card being declined as an excuse for canceling the glitched order. Wow, just...wow. I mean it's one thing to cancel an order while being honest about the reason, but to create a BS excuse like that knowing full well why you're canceling it? These guys are sleazy bastids.

Oh well...

Luckily, I didn't know about the glitch until my 3rd order. The first two orders have shipped, with the exception of the two PSP Final Fantasy games. They were in stock when I placed the order, but now they say 'verifying' on the order page, just like all the items in the glitched order. Hmmm...I wonder if they're trying to get back at me for attempting to get away with the glitched order? After that sly little email they sent me, I wouldn't be surprised.

My Aerosmith copy they gave me was NOT new. It had prints all over it and Im guessing was one of their 10 "display copies" for rent.

Screw them, the game sucks for 10 bucks, I'm going to get another plastic sticker and return it as "new" for the irony

[quote name='illini1010']if no one opened it, then its a brand new game... once it gets opened then its used and can be considered "like new"[/QUOTE]

Fixed your typos. :D

[quote name='th23']
Luckily, I didn't know about the glitch until my 3rd order. The first two orders have shipped, with the exception of the two PSP Final Fantasy games. They were in stock when I placed the order, but now they say 'verifying' on the order page, just like all the items in the glitched order. Hmmm...I wonder if they're trying to get back at me for attempting to get away with the glitched order? After that sly little email they sent me, I wouldn't be surprised.[/quote]
My nonglitched order has shipped w exception of the 2 FF games, which was ordered right when it started, they still are pending. So they're not trying to get back at you...yet.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Is there a physical ad to PM w/ BB?[/quote]

I didn't see any at the counter. Anyone come across ads in store that you can grab with you?

As much as I don't like gutted games personally. The best thing about PS3 games is they are on blu-ray discs. I have yet to see a single scratch on any used or "new" PS3 games I bought. Can't say the same about 360 games though.

Whatever. I think the whole gutted games debate is a minor issue. Would I prefer it not be opened? Sure. Am I going to not buy a game because of that? Nope. I buy most of my games to play, not to keep sealed. So long as I find the game to be in mint condition, the gutting doesn't bother me; it's not like the seal wasn't coming off after I buy it.

While I understand why some people get annoyed by GS' practice, I think equating this to any greater social problem is misplaced. I really recommend finding some cause more worthwhile than complaining over some lost plastic seal. If you don't like what GS does, shop somewhere else. It seems strange to hear so many complaints from people who continue to buy from them.

So are the odds that my backordered items in non-cancelled order are NOT going to ship, based on people's experiences in the past?

Given I ordered within about 20 minutes of things going live and the site didn't say ANYTHING was backordered at the time it'd be a little odd.

Snagged Ghost Squad, House of the Dead, and Bleach: Dark Souls. It used to bother me that games were gutted, but the condition and completeness were the same as being new.

I also got a copy of Tetris DS. It was used, but it's basically brand new. It's complete, in mint condition, and the game doesn't have saved data on it. Except for the crappy price, it's a great score.

Bought BRAND NEW/SEALED Namco museum arcade for $14 with the 10% coupon.

My GS has plenty of sealed ad games, including VC.

I thought of picking VC, but I never like the demo. Well.. my loss

One of my orders got canceled earlier today. Even though AMEX approves charges quickly, it wasn't quick enough to get to the shipping phase. My other order is still in verifying limbo but luckily Chase is really slow with approving charges. I hope it doesn't reach that point if it does get canceled.

Anyway, I'll probably just see if I can get this price matched at BB. A copy of Valkyria Chronicles and Sonic Rush Adventure is all I really want from this sale. I'd order again from GS, but their stupid system thinks I've already gotten two copies even though those orders were canceled (one I made before the glitch and one after). GS has some of the shittiest programmers working on their site.

Ended up getting the last copy of GH:Aerosmith at a local store, unfortunately they were out of the guitars. But, the guy was cool enough to tell me to just go to the store down the road, return the game and ask for the free guitar. He even called the store to confirm that they had guitars in stock.

Part of my glitched order got cancelled, no FF Tactics PSP, no Exit DS and no GH: A (PS3). But I do get two copies of The Dog Island free (ugh)!

Everything was gutted at my GS. I'm used to it, but I still don't like it. I hate having to remove all those stickers from a new game. Picked up Namco Virtual Arcade for $13.50 w/ coupon. Been wanting Galaga Legions for awhile so this seems like a pretty good deal. For an extra few dollars I get 30+ more games and 800 more gamer points.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']no, you would be getting a like-new game.

basically, a cheap imitation of a brand new game.[/quote]

I bought my car brand new. There were a couple dozen miles on the car when I got it, so I know a couple other people took it on a test drive before I did. Does that make it used? Maybe to some people. I didn't really care, and as long as the disc and inserts look good, I don't care about gutted games either.

[quote name='zarathstra']I bought my car brand new. There were a couple dozen miles on the car when I got it, so I know a couple other people took it on a test drive before I did. Does that make it used? Maybe to some people. I didn't really care, and as long as the disc and inserts look good, I don't care about gutted games either.[/quote]

Stop with this horrible, irrelevant analogy. Cars do not come sealed and test driving them is EXPECTED. Entertainment media is typically sold sealed, completely different

[quote name='jacknicklson']Stop with this horrible, irrelevant analogy. Cars do not come sealed and test driving them is EXPECTED. Entertainment media is typically sold sealed, completely different[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct. That would be like someone handing you a Big Mac with their bare hands, with the cheese picked off and put on the side, after it was served to someone else.

A car is not the same as a game or dvd. A meal is not the same as a game/dvd/car. Each thing has its own criteria.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Stop with this horrible, irrelevant analogy. Cars do not come sealed and test driving them is EXPECTED. Entertainment media is typically sold sealed, completely different[/QUOTE]

Very true. How many stores open up CD's and DVD's and sell them as new? Try none (at least I can't think of any besides Gamestop when they sold "new" DVD's). If Best Buy started opening up all their DVD's and selling them as new there would be a public outrage!

People should be comparing games to similar forms of media, not to cars.

[quote name='loserboy']Absolutely correct. That would be like someone handing you a Big Mac with their bare hands, with the cheese picked off and put on the side, after it was served to someone else.

A car is not the same as a game or dvd. A meal is not the same as a game/dvd/car. Each thing has its own criteria.[/quote]

I like the Big Mac analogy. None of the analogies is perfect, but there is some validity, I think. I don't have much experience buying new cars, but isn't it generally cheaper to take a car out of dealer stock (one that has been test-driven), than to order from the factory (comparing vehicles with identical option packages)? Doesn't the analogy at least work on that level?

For all the b*tching, moaning, and boycott threats about gutted games, many of the whiners still go through with buying gutted games and comment with a back-boneless "oh well".

[quote name='Birakon']I really want VC, but my gamestop only has gutted copies, and I refuse to buy that crap.[/quote]

That is sad, its your loss then. i don't really care if they are gutted as long as they are not scratched. The only thing I'm picky about is the red cases that comes with greatest hits.

why dont people just buy the games at full price then if they want a sealed copy. alot of the games are on sale for half the price or less so why complain if the game has been opened, used, scratched, beaten, rap ... *someone comes over and reminds that these are just GUTTED copies. meaning they are just opened with disc put away and never used* wow ... so why are people complaining again? god i hope no one takes this personally but seriously ... i want to know WHY its such a HUGE "SOMEONE TOUCHED MY FOOD" deal??? *Sigh* *raises flame shield*

PS I AGREE. IT IS DEFINATELY NOT LIKE SOMEONE PLAYING WITH YOUR FOOD. lol

[quote name='rockslasthope']why dont people just buy the games at full price then if they want a sealed copy. [/quote]

Probably because Full-Price Ass Gamer doesn't roll off the tongue. :lol:

[quote name='Purkeynator']They have done it in past sales but chances are anything you really would have wanted will be gone by that point. Plus add the fact that you could use the 10% off coupon on day one and there really was no reason to wait and chance it for me.[/quote]

10% covers taxes. Not a big enough of a deal for me. There's nothing I'm dying to get at the moment, but another 5-10 bucks off would get me to bite.

If you want a sealed copy just buy online. Last year all the games I bought from the Game Days sale were all sealed. Use SAVER code for free shipping.

[quote name='foxhunt99']GS not only open the game and they put the impossible to peel off stickers on them. Thats what bothers me the most.[/quote]

That's why I only buy a gutted game if it is an insanely good deal like the Guitar Hero Aerosmith/wired guitar for $9.99. That deal was too good to pass up, even gutted.

yeah i hate the stickers too. bought 2 aerosmith games with both guitar at B&M. But bought VC online because reading all these posts made me feel it was going to sell out quick. haha there were still 3 copies at one of the stores close to my house (Theres a gamestop pretty much everywhere in this city lol). pretty happy with the guitars. just been buying too many games on ebay so couldnt buy anymore than that. ah well. still have a backlog getting ready to be played during the summer :)

I picked up FF1, FF2, MK Unchained, and Silent Hill Origins for $10 each via this deal last night. Sadly it was the typical Gamestop "we open your sealed games and put the disc in a drawer crap". I hate Gamestop.

bread's done
Back