GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a canceled order due to the 5OFF60 code check your email, I just had an apology email and a $10 coupon code sent to me. I'm not sure if the code is one time use only, but they didn't list any limitations on it like minimum price, etc.

Just for fun, I ordered three PSN cards and used the glitch just to see what would happen. Well, the order was canceled, no surprise there. However, they just sent the following cancellation email:

"We regret to inform you that we had to cancel your recent order (#XXXXXXXXX) due to an error with coupon code 5OFF60, which was intended to give a single $5 discount off a game $60 or more. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please accept the coupon code below which entitles you to $10 off a future GameStop.comhttp://gamestop.com/ order as our apology.".

I placed an order of four games using the coupon glitch and free shipping on Sunday afternoon, and UPS delivered a package that just contained one game a couple minutes ago. I noticed they shipped the order in two different packages, which I thought was kind of odd. Also thought I'd receive both packages at the same time too, but I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow or Thursday for the second package. Was definitely suprised to get a package this quick though. Was also glad that the game was sealed.

The only game I bought in-store was Sam & Max Wii, since it wasn't available to order online. On Sunday, I used the store locator to find a copy, got to the store, and was not surprised to find only 1 copy, gutted, in the bin. It had a bit of sticker residue on it, but I decided to get it anyway. I was surprised when the clerk handed me a sealed copy from behind the counter. I don't know if they had any more sealed ones, though that store still shows up in the locator for that game. That was the second store I went to, btw - The first one I went to was where I had pre-ordered my DSi. As I was looking through the bin, the clerk told me about the Aerosmith + Guitar deal (of course, I already knew), and that they only had one left, but I have enough plastic instruments, and my wife has a thing about clutter.

As far as the glitch, a "friend of mine" got half of my his order shipped, and the other half canceled.

Shipped:
The Dog Island PS2
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus PSP
Flatout: Head On PSP

Cancelled:
Sonic Rush Adventure DS
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions PSP
Word Jong DS

If I he hadn't already used the coupon, I he would probably get Word Jong, and maybe FFT, in store, but not sure if it is worth it to print out the coupon when it might or might not be accepted.

Edit:

[quote name='no_exit']Just for fun, I ordered three PSN cards and used the glitch just to see what would happen. Well, the order was canceled, no surprise there. However, they just sent the following cancellation email:

"We regret to inform you that we had to cancel your recent order (#XXXXXXXXX) due to an error with coupon code 5OFF60, which was intended to give a single $5 discount off a game $60 or more. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please accept the coupon code below which entitles you to $10 off a future GameStop.com order as our apology.".[/quote]

Nice. My, er, friend just got that email, too. He didn't even try ordering PSN, Wii, or Microsoft Points, because the last time the same glitch happened, it didn't work on those items.

Did anyone get shipping confirmation w/ tracking # on their GS order before it was canceled? My order showed that my preorder game was canceled and VC shipped.

Wow. Not only did my glitched order ship, they also sent me a coupon code for $10 off my next purchase. I got $15 off the game days items and now I can get an additional $10 off whatever I want (barring consoles and gift cards).

If I order a new game through online, do they send a seal copy?

I really hate to get a opened one.

Technically, it is not new, once they opened.

SAVER stacks with the $10 coupon they sent. Also, the cart value only has to be over $25. Even if the order comes in under $25 after the coupon, you still get free shipping. Nice. Ended up getting FFT on the PSP and the RE Essentials for $20 + tax. A little better than I would have ended up with in the store, and (hopefully) no gutted games will end up on my doorstep.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Has anyone got the credit back on their EDGE/Gift cards? Mine are still minus the amount put down for my order[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, sadly.

I already posted this in another thread but I had no problem getting the free wired guitar with GH: Aerosmith. The game was new and sealed as well.

I was able to pick up FF 1 and 2 for psp and Heavy Metal UMD.
Using a $25 gift card i got from e-rewards I spend around $2 for tax.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeis, the amount has to be over $10, unfortunately. I was hoping I could just get one of the $9.99 games and pay the $3 shipping. No go.[/quote]

Does saver stack?

This coupon doesn't seem so great after all...

Just checked my email and I got the $10 off code too, even though their site shows that they shipped my entire order of 4 games. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, they delivered one of those games today.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Has anyone got the credit back on their EDGE/Gift cards? Mine are still minus the amount put down for my order[/quote]
Few months ago I canceled an order that was fully paid for using my Edge card. It took about 2 weeks to get my credits back on the card after a series of inquiry emails that I sent them.

The credits might still have posted back to my card without a single email. However, after 1 week of waiting I thought I better do something. 2 weeks were just ridiculously long, considering the credits which were rightfully mine were not available for use during that time.

[quote name='eau']Few months ago I canceled an order that was fully paid for using my Edge card. It took about 2 weeks to get my credits back on the card after a series of inquiry emails that I sent them.

The credits might still have posted back to my card without a single email. However, after 1 week of waiting I thought I better do something. 2 weeks were just ridiculously long, considering the credits which were rightfully mine were not available for use during that time.[/quote]
Dammit, I hope we don't have to go through the same trouble. It's gonna be some BS if they don't issue the credit back ASAP.

Was able to pick up a sealed copy of VC and the 10% -printed- coupon was accepted as well. This was in Manhattan, New York at the Gamestop in Manhattan Mall second floor. I believe that there were a few copies left.
I actually called quite a number of Gamestops (five, six, give or take) all of which -sans the one I picked up my copy from as I did not have their number- claimed they did not have any sealed copies of VC, though I do know that one of them had at least two in stock (I doubt they were all sold though, maybe just hording them for after the sale is over... but this is just what I believe).
As for gutted copies... there are plenty by Greenwich Street (near the Whole Foods), 8th and Broadway (Manhattan Mall, second floor), and South Street Seaport (second floor). Though gutted, the ones at Greenwich were in great shape (as far as the cases were concerned) and there had to be at least eight of them available. Not sure about SSS though.

[quote name='kevzik']Does saver stack?

This coupon doesn't seem so great after all...[/quote]

1. Yes, saver stacks.
2. They essentially gave this coupon to people who tried to take advantage of them, many of whom at least partially succeeded. Had they canceled all 5OFF60 orders containing more than one item, they would have been well within their rights, and would have gotten no complaints out of me (although I'm sure some people would still find reason to complain). Instead they let some of the items ship AND give everyone who tried $10 off their next order.

[quote name='Zeranium']Got the e-mail.
The coupon was certainly a pleasant surprise.[/quote]

So....is this a one-time use code or a post-on-the-internet-so-everybody-can-use-it code? ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Has anyone got the credit back on their EDGE/Gift cards? Mine are still minus the amount put down for my order[/quote]

I called them yesterday right after we found out all the orders were cancelled and the rep on the phone was able to credit back my EDGE card right then and there (I checked the balance before and after the call). So if you need more immediate access to the credits, I suggest just giving them a call.

The coupon is a welcome suprise and, for me personally, is even better than the glitch. I had ordered a bunch of stuff that I was only mildly interested in to get me over the $60 hump. But now, I can simply order the one game I was *really* interested in (ChronoTrigger) and pick up any stragglers later.

Classy move GS.

[quote name='h2dk']So....is this a one-time use code or a post-on-the-internet-so-everybody-can-use-it code? ;)[/quote]

I think it is a one time use. Here is mine to compare:

IAMNOTGOINGTOPOSTMYCODEHERE

Does that match anyone else?

[quote name='guessed']I think it is a one time use. Here is mine to compare:

IAMNOTGOINGTOPOSTMYCODEHERE

Does that match anyone else?[/quote]
Oh hey....wait...yea, looks just like mine :)

[quote name='hostyl1']I called them yesterday right after we found out all the orders were cancelled and the rep on the phone was able to credit back my EDGE card right then and there (I checked the balance before and after the call). So if you need more immediate access to the credits, I suggest just giving them a call.

The coupon is a welcome suprise and, for me personally, is even better than the glitch. I had ordered a bunch of stuff that I was only mildly interested in to get me over the $60 hump. But now, I can simply order the one game I was *really* interested in (ChronoTrigger) and pick up any stragglers later.

Classy move GS.[/quote]
Oh chill, guess I'll give em' a ring-a-ding-ding today and get that worked out.

The coupon is a nice surprise though :D

[quote name='detectiveconan16']At the Gamestop at Atlantic Terminal, Persona 3 FES is $15. But I still won't buy it since it's gutted.[/quote]

.... did the game drop in price already? More Gamedays drops already? Seems unlikely.

I don't abuse their system so I lose out on $10, thanks a lot Gamestop. And fucking order is still in pending phase for 2 days.

[quote name='foxhunt99']What is the best way to peel off the stickers?[/quote]
Start in one corner, peel slowly, if it starts to tear use your finger nail to bring the tear back to the sticker part and continue peeling. If that doesn't work start at another corner and repeat. Usually get 99.9% of stickers off this way without much trouble.

i thought edge credit is not taxable.. Went into a store today and was charged tax

Phantasy star might be pulled off gamedays.. Run up 39.99 and they had to put it in hand 29.99

[quote name='slidecage']i thought edge credit is not taxable.. Went into a store today and was charged tax

Phantasy star might be pulled off gamedays.. Run up 39.99 and they had to put it in hand 29.99[/quote]

It depends on your state. I'm always charged tax on credit.

3 out of 4 games using the glitch shipped yesterday. The backordered one (FF I PSP) was canceled late yesterday or this morning.

Since they did cancel my backordered game, they sent me a cancelation email with a $10 coupon included. Looks like I will come out ahead whenever I use the coupon :D

Btw, is there an expiration day on the coupon? Can't seem to find it in the email.

[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, but the previous CAG said that it was $15 at their store, making it a $15 drop. Gamedays merch has been known to drop further in price as the sale goes on, but usually not so soon. I'd like Persona 3 FES for $15.[/quote]
Yea, for some reason I missed it in the list of Gameday sales >.

My order only had 1 item shipped out of 5 items. Everything else was cancelled. I also got the email with the coupon. Thanks GS :)
Don't mind cause I already got the three titles I really wanted in store.

Can House of the Dead 2 and 3 for :wii: be had for less than 19.99?

i might just return my Phantasy star to the store and use the coupon to get the game for 20 + tax

anyone notice it does not say how long the coupon is good for

My order got cancelled as well, and now Valkyria is backorderd.... bleh

I got the 10 bucks off coupon and ordered it again, oh well I actually ended up getting the same off of my purchase as I did with my cancelled order, except now my Valk is backordered so I have to wait longer to play this apparently awesome game.

I'm wondering if I should use the $10 coupon now or save it.. already got VC though getting it for $10 would be nice. But I really don't wanna go through the hassle of returning my copy and waiting for GS to ship another one.

Knights in the Nightmare - with Bonus! 34.99 - 10 buck coupon

24.99 + tax shipped.... Tempting

bad thing about saving coupon.. it does not say how long the coupon is good for

How does SAVER shipping work with the Game Days sale? Do the games have to cost more than $25 before any coupons, or can the original cost before the Game Days Sale be over $25?

Gamestop's stock just rose a little bit in my eyes. The $10 off coupon was unexpected, and WOW, they actually sent everyone cancellation emails. This has never happened before in my experience with them when they cancel an order/item.

Anyway, anyone try it yet on more than one order? I'm guessing it's probably a one time use code but it won't hurt to try.

What's this about a $10 off coupon? Can't seem to find anything other than "SAVE10" and that ends up glitchy as hell since it first comes up as "Save $10 off your order of $50 or more" (while actually NOT applying to anything $50 or more), but then applying something else or removing something gives it this description "Free Value Shipping on your order. Minimum cart value must be $25.00"

So...what the hell?

bread's done
Back