GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone that owns "Namco Museum Virtual Arcade" let me know if you NEED to have Xbox LIVE to play the games, or you just access them from that menu. Id love to play Galaga and those games...

Bah - I'm insanely jealous of those who got some stuff shipped from the glitch and THEN got the $10 coupon. You suck! ;)

But yeah, at least I got the $10. I'm not sure what to use it on. I guess I could use it on a couple of PSN cards since I was trying to get those for $15 with my order before. Or maybe I could order Tomb Raider Anniversary and then return the gutted one I got for $13.50 yesterday. But I'd need more for free shipping... I guess one PSN card and TRA would make a nice compromise from my original order - that would be 2 of the 8 or so things I tried to order.

[quote name='RMThompson']Can someone that owns "Namco Museum Virtual Arcade" let me know if you NEED to have Xbox LIVE to play the games, or you just access them from that menu. Id love to play Galaga and those games...[/quote]
From what I hear, all it does is add them to the games menu, where the arcade games would normally go. So no need for Live.

I got a coupon code because they fucked up my order that did not use a glitch for. Does the code work with gamedays sale games? It says "does not work on any other offers, specials, bundles, or systems." Does it only for work $25+ purchases?

The only stipulation stated on the coupon is "Please note this code is not applicable toward video game systems or gift cards."

Apparently, someone couldn't get it to work on a $9.99 game though.

[quote name='Tsukento']What's this about a $10 off coupon? Can't seem to find anything other than "SAVE10" and that ends up glitchy as hell since it first comes up as "Save $10 off your order of $50 or more" (while actually NOT applying to anything $50 or more), but then applying something else or removing something gives it this description "Free Value Shipping on your order. Minimum cart value must be $25.00"

So...what the hell?[/QUOTE]

If you placed an order with the 5OFF60 coupon code over the weekend you most likely were sent an email with a $10 off coupon code, since they canceled most of the orders that used 5OFF60.

[quote name='eau']The only stipulation stated on the coupon is "Please note this code is not applicable toward video game systems or gift cards."

Apparently, someone couldn't get it to work on a $9.99 game though.[/QUOTE]

It's probably a $10 off $10 code, so $9.99 wouldn't work. Also, there is no expiration date on it but I'm not taking a chance with it.

[quote name='stoned99']Another complaint about gutting games is the occasional loss of the actual case. That happened to me yesterday. They found the disc but not the case, so I was given a generic case. Kinda sucks.[/quote]

I would have never bought that. A generic case for a "new game", wow that's crazy.

Yeah today I noticed one of the PS3 cases they had was literally cracked to pieces on the spine and top of the game case (for a supposedly new game). I asked "If I buy this can you give me a different PS3 case? This one is all damaged." and the woman gave me a snarky answer and said "We can give you a case, but it'll be a generic black one"... thanks but no thanks =P

I got the $10 coupon and I keep trying to use it but it says I'm not meeting the requirements of the coupon at checkout. All I'm ordering is VC.

OH fuck YES! Thanks to the generous 10.00 off 25 coupon for the canceled order, I was able to order VC (which is backordered, but I'm in no hurry) for 21 bucks! That's all I really wanted from my original order anyway, I just added other stuff cuz they woulda been 5 off. GS/EB actually did something cool?!?!

[quote name='jatty']I got the $10 coupon and I keep trying to use it but it says I'm not meeting the requirements of the coupon at checkout. All I'm ordering is VC.[/QUOTE]

Maybe sale items aren't applicable?

edit: Scratch that. Looks like some people are managing VC orders just fine. Hmmmm...

I've tried adding everything from just a $9.99 game, just a preorder $59.99, or multiple games to rack up the price. Nothing seems to be working.

[quote name='Josef']If you placed an order with the 5OFF60 coupon code over the weekend you most likely were sent an email with a $10 off coupon code, since they canceled most of the orders that used 5OFF60.[/quote]
Damn! And I totally missed out on that. :(

Lucky people getting VC for $20 or so. Oh well I'm still okay with the $30 price tag since a good game. Went in and got FF I & II for PSP. Just thought I'd get these before harder to find in store.

Picked up GH:A sealed today along with the free Xplorer guitar, also got the VC game guide for free (bought the game when the sale started), sadly the guy said he'd have to cut the barcode off of the back though or wouldn't give it to me. Probably not a big deal though considering I got it for free..

Here's the email they sent me, although it was probably posted before but you know how lazy people are:

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that we had to cancel your recent order (#XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) due to an error with coupon code 5OFF60, which was intended to give a single $5 discount off a game $60 or more. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please accept the coupon code below which entitles you to $10 off a future GameStop.com order as our apology.

Coupon code: XXXXXXX

Please note this code is not applicable toward video game systems or gift cards.

Sincerely,
GameStop Customer Service
1.gif

I went and picked up some Guitar Hero items because of the price drop thread and figured I would pick up Guitar Hero Aerosmith as well. I forgot all about the free guitar promotion, so I got Guitar Hero II (new), Guitar Hero III (new), Guitar Hero Aerosmith (new) and wired guitar (new) for $32.07 after sales tax. Awesome.

Nice! In for ChronoTrigger DS for $20.99 shipped thanks to the 5 off 60 glitch. Quite honestly I'm SHOCKED they gave us $10 off codes. Cudos to Gamestop, I would not have faulted them for doing nothing.

[quote name='eau']The only stipulation stated on the coupon is "Please note this code is not applicable toward video game systems or gift cards."

Apparently, someone couldn't get it to work on a $9.99 game though.[/quote]
I tested my code and its weird it says that it gets me free value shipping on the bottom and on the top it says that it's $10 off a purchase of at least $10.

Now I don't know what to get with the $10 code... a gamedays item or something else. Anyone else know of any good deals outside of gamedays?

[quote name='J7.']Now I don't know what to get with the $10 code... a gamedays item or something else. Anyone else know of any good deals outside of gamedays?[/quote]

Well if you like the GH games, II and III just dropped to $9.99.

I surmise the $10 off code doesn't work on a order of Valkyria Chronicles because I tried to order two before. It won't let me order anymore even though it was canceled.

[quote name='Hostile']I surmise the $10 off code doesn't work on a order of Valkyria Chronicles because I tried to order two before. It won't let me order anymore even though it was canceled.[/quote]

why wouldn't it work? it's backordered but there's an add to cart button.

Now if your $10 goes through and it never ships what happens then? It would be a waste of $10 coupon

Bought a VC on backorder for $21.94 after CA's (Alameda County) 9.75% sales tax. Ugh to sales tax.

Anyways, I'll still keep my gutted copy of VC unopened until I get my other copy. What a carousel ride to save money. :lol:

[quote name='CaoPi']why wouldn't it work? it's backordered but there's an add to cart button.

Now if your $10 goes through and it never ships what happens then? It would be a waste of $10 coupon[/quote]

Yeah I wouldn't use the $10 coupon on anything backordered, it may never ship and it'll be a waste.. there were a couple reports of people having backordered orders in this thread and them never shipping so you're kinda risking it when you do that.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I wouldn't use the $10 coupon on anything backordered, it may never ship and it'll be a waste.. there were a couple reports of people having backordered orders in this thread and them never shipping so you're kinda risking it when you do that.[/quote]

I hope VC is still available, not to mention how quick it sold out within 1 day....still holding onto my $10 off coupon until then

[quote name='jp0213']Well if you like the GH games, II and III just dropped to $9.99.[/quote]
Not bad, but I can wait on those for a cheap used copy. Do these coupon codes usually expire?

[quote name='CaoPi']why wouldn't it work? it's backordered but there's an add to cart button.

Now if your $10 goes through and it never ships what happens then? It would be a waste of $10 coupon[/quote]

I added it to the cart with SAVER and the $10 off code but when I try to complete the transaction, it says I've already tried to buy two and that's the limit.

[quote name='Hostile']I added it to the cart with SAVER and the $10 off code but when I try to complete the transaction, it says I've already tried to buy two and that's the limit.[/quote]

strange even though your order was cancelled? can anyone else confirming ?

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I wouldn't use the $10 coupon on anything backordered, it may never ship and it'll be a waste.. there were a couple reports of people having backordered orders in this thread and them never shipping so you're kinda risking it when you do that.[/quote]
good point
it should come back in stock in a couple of days...after all those orders they canceled

[quote name='J7.']Now I don't know what to get with the $10 code... a gamedays item or something else. Anyone else know of any good deals outside of gamedays?[/QUOTE]

Can't go wrong with a $20 points card for your system of choice.

I got Final Fantasy I, II, Gutted copy and sealed copy Naruto 2 (wii), Namco Museum (360) and sealed copy Guitar Hero: EA (360) with free guitar with extra 10% off coupon :)

I may go back for more but mine online ordered canceled and they emptiness my gift cards. I'll call them very soon.

Gah - almost got my $10 off coupon to work twice! Had one order with it on my laptop, one on my iPhone adding the coupon at exactly the same time, each page of checkout at the same time but the final confirm page removed it from the order on my phone.

2 questions I have: If a backordered item does not get filled until after Gamedays ends, will you still get it for the gamedays price? Say I ordered 2 games and 1 is shipped now but another is backordered, when should they bill me for the backordered?

[quote name='ferant316']Gah - almost got my $10 off coupon to work twice! Had one order with it on my laptop, one on my iPhone adding the coupon at exactly the same time, each page of checkout at the same time but the final confirm page removed it from the order on my phone.[/quote]
:lol: can't blame you for not trying.

The guitar is new. As far as when that promo ends, there is a thread about it, but no one quoted a date. I think it's one of those deals where it will run basically until the store is out of their stock. Seems to be an item that they really want to get rid of.

[quote name='Vinny']Anybody else notice how the price for Valkyria Chronicles just plummeted on eBay?:lol:[/quote]

LOL! I love when that happens. People are so stupid. It's a nation-wide sale, folks. Everyone has the same idea. It's not worth trying to flip.

[quote name='themidnighter23']waitaminute, whats this talk about a $10 coupon? where is it?[/quote]

A whole bunch of us tried to place orders using a glitched coupon code. GS, for once, actually contacted us about canceling the order and gave us a $10 coupon.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
A whole bunch of us tried to place orders using a glitched coupon code. GS, for once, actually contacted us about canceling the order and gave us a $10 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh OK

I'm guessing each code was one use only, but in case not did anyone else get the code CMGX4RP? That was mine (already used), just want to make sure it's one use per code and not one per account.

[quote name='ferant316']I'm guessing each code was one use only, but in case not did anyone else get the code CMGX4RP? That was mine (already used), just want to make sure it's one use per code and not one per account.[/QUOTE]

My code is different.

Typed in your code, just to see what happens and it worked, kinda

"Coupon CMGX4RP - Free Value Shipping on your order. Minimum cart value must be $25.00"

I'm sure your order is fine, they probably just programed the codes to make sure they are one time use only.

This is weird, 2 of my previously backordered games shipped, with the same tracking number, but UPS says it's 2 separate boxes. Is Gamestop really packing individual games that ship together in 2 boxes? (or scarier thought, did they just slap a label on the case and hand it to the UPS guy? ;) )

At least the games I wanted the most are covered now-- VC, Namco Museum, and Sonic Rush Adventure.

The DS Lite Playgear Pocket I ordered which was pending since Sunday now shows Backordered... dunno how that's possible.

Went and got my Aerosmith + guitar and Tomb raider. Both gutted and only noticed that the price sticker on the spine for Tomb Raider was actually on the cover art when i got home. Why gamestop, why?

bread's done
Back