GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Arakias']they should have the game informer for sale there right? or try the printout that i thought was available somewhere in this thread. my glitched order will arrive tomorrow, 3 items had been cancelled from it and I got a coupon but most of it shipped. including 2 free The Dog Islands.[/quote]

Half of my order shipped, including one "free" The Dog Island. When I checked the invoice in the package, it shows that I was charged $4.99 each for MGS Portable Ops Plus and Flatout: Head On (the correct prices after $5 off of each), and $9.99 for The Dog Island!!! This does not match my order confirmation, or my order history page ($10.90 total for all 3, including tax). I paid with store credit, and, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure which I was actually charged.

It's fucked up that we often find Gamestop charging us different amounts than what our order confirmation and history say. This happened to me last year so I will definitely be watching them.

I had visited the Gamestop this past Sunday after a brunch with family. I ended up picking up:

(360)
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith + Free Wired Guitar - X 2
Namco Musuem Virtual Arcade - X 1

(DS)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - X 1

(PS3)
Valkyria Chronicles - X 1

Great deals. I picked up the GH bundles, one for myself and another for my best friend. Looking forward to when Gamestop is having their Buy 2 Get 1 on pre-owned games again.

got Digimon world championship (which I now realize is NOTHING like the past 7 or so DW games (aside from the first one), so I'm kinda pissed, but I also got FFTA2 so I'm good.

Some people are acting like every single game is on sale but is it only the games on their website or are alot of other games on sale but they wont show on their site? Like if i were to walk in the store, would i find more games on sale or would they be the ones on their site for sale???

[quote name='bserj']Some people are acting like every single game is on sale but is it only the games on their website or are alot of other games on sale but they wont show on their site? Like if i were to walk in the store, would i find more games on sale or would they be the ones on their site for sale???[/quote]

???

The games that are part of this sale are listed in the OP. I think most are available on the site. Going to a single store, you will likely only find a subset of these games at this point.

When are the games going to reduce in price even more? I'm waiting for Final Fantasy Tactics A2 to drop a bit before I bite.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Is Valkyria worththe price?[/quote]

Whom are you asking? A bunch of people in this thread have posted that they bought it in this sale, so, obviously it is worth it to them. The only person who can answer if it is worth it to you is you.

[quote name='GuardianE']That's incorrect.

Previous Gamedays have had tons of leftovers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and then they convert them to used, often times for a higher price. But the sale usually lasts about two months or so (the GI coupon expires on 5/2, but that doesn't necessarily mean the sale is ending then).

Yeah, last year, I think the sale lasted a few days beyond the coupon's expiration date. Also, as has been previously mentioned, GS will likely drop the price on some of the titles, mainly ones that are a lower % off currently.

Yes, it is. I'll be serious enough that I won't work God jam it, in there. As my previous post stated the DLC is coming out next week. It's a steal for 30 bucks.

Definitely. I was on the fence about getting the game when it was first announced to be included in the sale, but after all the hype and the 50% off I decided to get it. Wanted a sealed copy so I ordered online without the glitch coupon, but got a gutted copy anyway. I couldn't resist and played the gutted copy haha. Now what to do with the sealed copy....

Ya, great game.

Even if not for the great game-ness, wasn't it discontinued? So it might be harder to find later on.

Sealed copies of VC in Houston, TX:

I went to my local GS just to see if what they had. Of course all the games in the sale were gutted. There was only one gutted copy of VC; so I thought I would take a chance. I asked the girl and after spelling it for her (ha) it shows she had 8 copies (7 sealed 1 gutted). I told myself before entering, if I found a sealed copy I would buy it, so I did. :D

To get to the GS go 45 South exit Woodridge....in the Gulfgate area next to SuperCuts.

6 sealed copies after I left.

Whoaaaaaaaaaa

So ever since my order was canceled I:
1. Got the apology e-mail w/ the coupon
2. Called to have my credit restored to my GC and Edge card, which went through
aaaaand the trifecta: UPS just dropped a package at my door with my "canceled" order minus the PSN Card.

I am now in a moral dilemma O_O

I saw this mentioned earlier in the thread but don't remember an answer.

Has anyone been able to get around the 2 per household limit online, WHICH WAS DUE TO ORDERS BEING CANCELLED?

Basically, I had items in my cart that I cancelled myself when I found out about the glitch. Then, the glitched orders were cancelled by EB.

The site thinks I used up my 2 orders even though I never put them through!

I called EB up and they said they couldn't do anything about it but they could still place my order online. HOWEVER, they told me they could not use 2 codes at the same time (SAVER and my $10 off code, which are both accepted online at the same time).

[quote name='AA_Punk']I picked up a sealed copy of Persona 3 earlier today. Pretty awesome.[/quote]

Persona 3 and Sonic Unleashed were the only games I saw sealed behind their case. While the rest were gutted in the bin :roll:

I also called around several gamestops to confirm if they have any sealed copies 4 of them said all their copies are gutted argh......

[quote name='Masterkyo']Till all the games is GONE :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, in the past, they ended the sale before all the games were gone, marked the leftovers as used, and raised their prices.

[quote name='sam861']The sale will end on May 2.[/QUOTE]

Confirmation from where? The GI coupon expires then but that's not necessarily when the sale will end. Previous Game Days sales have lasted for nearly two months or more (with further discounts before the products get converted to used).

Lame. Went to the GS by my work, and they gutted all their games. Wanted to see what all the fuss is about on VC. Of course, even if I'm eventually going to open it, I want it sealed. I'll try the GS and EBX at the mall once I get off work.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Lame. Went to the GS by my work, and they gutted all their games. Wanted to see what all the fuss is about on VC. Of course, even if I'm eventually going to open it, I want it sealed. I'll try the GS and EBX at the mall once I get off work.[/quote]

Would you consider Price Matching at Best Buy, never tried it myself but plenty of CAGers who do.

Side question, this my second time I ever ordered anything from online...why does my value shipping always gets upgraded to mm ups ground? Do I happen to live in an area where its more cost effective for gamestop to ship it mm ups ground? I'm not complaining, but its nice to know for future purchases (essentially, if they upgrade to mm ups ground then I really have no reason to ever get Ups Ground shipping service through them)

Wasn't much at the GameStop near San Diego State [College Ave/El Cajon Blvd].

Was tempted to get Guitar Hero: Aerosmith but passed. Almost every game was gutted, by the way.

If they aren't able to display any copies of new games because they can't gut them, I'd be even more upset because then you wouldn't remember all the games available and you'd have to ask the employee who might not do such a good job.

[quote name='J7.']If they aren't able to display any copies of new games because they can't gut them, I'd be even more upset because then you wouldn't remember all the games available and you'd have to ask the employee who might not do such a good job.[/quote]
I understand gutting a few copies to have them out on display. Let those few be checked out by employees, then discount them slightly when sold. That makes sense, so they can get a feel for the games. I fail to understand the reasoning behind gutting most if not all the new games. Especially gutting preordered games. Why should a game being held for me be gutted?

[quote name='dejeckt']Would you consider Price Matching at Best Buy, never tried it myself but plenty of CAGers who do.

Side question, this my second time I ever ordered anything from online...why does my value shipping always gets upgraded to mm ups ground? Do I happen to live in an area where its more cost effective for gamestop to ship it mm ups ground? I'm not complaining, but its nice to know for future purchases (essentially, if they upgrade to mm ups ground then I really have no reason to ever get Ups Ground shipping service through them)[/QUOTE]

I personally only price-match using ads. Otherwise, I'll just try to by it at the place that has the sale. I'd rather not by a gutted copy at GS, use the receipt to get a sealed copy at BBY, then return the gutted copy to GS.

Of course, it's my last resort if I can't find a sealed copy at the other 3 GSs around me.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Hope they are fined by the FTC, they are the only business I know that does sell used items as new. Way to go FTC:applause::applause:
:applause::applause:

Seriously hope they go the way of Circuit City.[/quote]

Hopefully they go after them for the bullshit refurb fee racket as well. I've been charged refurbs several times for near perfect condition games. Far better condition than some of the crap I've bought from there that I'm willing to bet drew a refurb fee, but obviously wasn't "refurbished."

Here's the thing on both issues:

- As far as opened games go, it has been going on for years. This isn't a new thing, and no one has stopped them, yet. Also, though it's a bunch of nonsense that they don't just sell them as used, I don't see anything at all deceptive about this practice, because you can clearly see the game is opened. If they tried to seal it and act like it's sealed, that's deceptive. I can clearly see they are trying to sell me an opened game, and if I don't want it, I can leave. Now, if stores are letting employees take these things home, that's bullshit, because then you're acting like the game is "new," and it isn't.

- As far as refurb fees go, there unfortunately isn't much anyone can do, because it's a store-by-store issue. You get these jerkoffs who slap a refurb fee on items that are clearly in good condition. The company has every right to institute this policy for damaged items, and it all comes to proper application. The corporation's defense can be that the employee screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrrepoman']Seriously hope they go the way of Circuit City.[/quote]

So we can have even less competition. :roll: Even if you don't like the company, they give other companies like Best Buy competition and it gives the consumers a chance to PM at other places if they don't like one specific company.

Exactly. It amazes me the number of people who say such things. Even if you never, ever shop at GameStop, the fact that they are around is a good thing. No true CAG should want to see them go under, nor should they want to see any business that deals in gaming go under. It only decreases our chances of finding a good deal.

at least gamestop has much better deals than best buy does lol. none of my best buys have any of those YMMV deals i keep seeing on here, and their prices are always msrp.

[quote name='momouchi']So we can have even less competition. :roll: Even if you don't like the company, they give other companies like Best Buy competition and it gives the consumers a chance to PM at other places if they don't like one specific company.[/quote]
I agree totally. The thing is that even though they do some things that piss off customers (gutting preordered games gets me). They always tend to have a pretty damn good selection available, there sales are not that bad either. My Best Buy never seems to have what I'm looking for. My outlook towards them changed when the store I go to got rid of the D-bags that worked there. I will go there if I have to get it in my hands and can't wait if for it to come if ordered from the internet.

Was a customer for years as a kid Babbage's---->Software Etc ----> Funcoland ----> Electronic Boutique ---> Gamestop. All I am saying is Gamestop your clientele is growing up(avg. gamer is 30 y.o), such as myself and want better. We will see Gamestops practices come into the lime light as the gaming crowd matures. We work for our money now, so we actually give a shit about customer service and products being sold to us.

[quote name='dohmai']got my copy of VC sealed via UPS today.. pretyt fast shipping.. not bad god jam it![/quote]

God jam it, that excellent. DLC next week, hooray!

God jam it, I'm sick and tired of seeing god jam it already. Not really, but it is beginning to wear out it's welcome.

I just picked up GH2, GH3, and GH:Aerosmith + Wired X-plorer controller for 9.99 each. Each was gutted and definitely look used, but sold to me as "new". I normally refuse to buy games in this condition, but I decided to take a chance since they were so cheap. If they are dysfunctional, I'll return them.

bread's done
Back