GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
shin budokai another road for psp, gutted of course, actually behind the counter there was a handwritten sign that said "gutted copies for game days sale"

[quote name='anubis20']shin budokai another road for psp, gutted of course, actually behind the counter there was a handwritten sign that said "gutted copies for game days sale"[/quote]

This is why I ordered the games I wanted from the sale online, no dealing with gutted copies BS.

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']This is why I ordered the games I wanted from the sale online, no dealing with gutted copies BS.[/quote]

why are the games gutted?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameStop opens games to use as display copies, because they are too cheap to use another method of display.[/QUOTE]

they had 3 copies of shin budokai and they were all gutted

You guys think any of these games will be in high enough supply to find new next year for cheaper?
Tomb Raider Anniversary 360/PSP 15
Namco Musuem Virtual 360 15
Portable Ops + 10
Civilization Rev DS 15
FFT A2 20
Metal slug 7 15

[quote name='J7.']You guys think any of these games will be in high enough supply to find new next year for cheaper?
Portable Ops + 10
Civilization Rev DS 15
FFT A2 20
Metal slug 7 15[/quote]

Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
Maybe

Picked up gh aerosmith at the Sooner Fashion Mall. Sealed and they gave me a guitar. I was suprised. Also, this is another store where they only had girls working and they knew even less about games than the clerks usually do. Some poor guy came in with a question.

Really FFT A2 is that limited? That was one I thought would probably be available for $10-15 at some point, but only if its in another gamedays or Amazon sale.

[quote name='J7.']You guys think any of these games will be in high enough supply to find new next year for cheaper?
Portable Ops + 10
Civilization Rev DS 15
FFT A2 20
Metal slug 7 15[/quote]

Tomb Raider - I think Target is selling it new for $20. And that means it'll probably stick around for a while...

Namco Museum - Dunno.... but I imagine it'll be around. Otherwise, find a cheaper version on eBay or something.

Portable Ops+ - I don't think anyone actually played MGS PO, so this game will haunt store shelves for a loooooong time! :roll:

FFT A2 - ???? It's an FF game... The stores keep them around for a while, but as soon as they clearance them, they sell right out.

Metal Slug - RARE. I doubt you can find Metal Slug in a B&M store other than GS right now. At least, I don't recall seeing Metal Slug anywhere... If you want it, buy it at GS now. It's the only one I see as being rare.

[/quote]

I know that all the Targets I've visited have plenty of TRA at $20 and will probably stay that way until they're clearanced out, however I suggest getting the PC version instead. The 360 version has the same choppy framerate that plagued the 360 version of Legend (it was actually fixed in Underworld, I think they used a different engine in that game?). It can be fixed by changing your display setting to 480p, but who would want to do that? Not sure how the PSP version is though.

Yeah I just recieved 1 out of the 7 games I ordered too...I got MGS Portable Ops and was charged $5.32 with free shipping....go figure....

Got a non-gutted Final Fantasy 1 for PSP (gheeze how many times do I need to own this game? Oh well) and go figure one of the clasps broke inside so the case won't close :D lol. Can't win.

got 3 sealed copies of VC here and there are tons more at the turkey creek location and a handfull in the mall

Anyone know if civ rev for the ds is any good? I like civ 4 on the pc, and I heard some good things about the ds version on a podcast.

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']This is why I ordered the games I wanted from the sale online, no dealing with gutted copies BS.[/quote]

Wait if you order online that guarantees a non-opened copy of the games they try to pawn off as new?

I talked to a GS employee today about their practice of gutting games. He basically said that people complain about it alot, but he doesn't care unless its a Collector's Edition, because then there's no reason to open it.

Kinda irritated me, but hey, he wasn't exactly the smartest guy.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameStop opens games to use as display copies, because they are too cheap to use another method of display.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind this so much if they offered some kind of discount for buying it like that. It grinds my gears to have a smug ass employee tell me it's new. So is an open box of cereal but Wal-Mart won't sell me it.

[quote name='Bucknut']Anyone know if civ rev for the ds is any good? I like civ 4 on the pc, and I heard some good things about the ds version on a podcast.[/QUOTE]

I love it. I've never been a PC gamer, so Revolution on the 360 and DS was my first introduction to the series. The DS version is impressive in how it plays pretty much exactly the same as on the 360, just without the pretty graphics. I travel a fair amount and it's perfect for plane rides, as it takes about 3-4 hours to get through a game.

[quote name='maxfisher']I love it. I've never been a PC gamer, so Revolution on the 360 and DS was my first introduction to the series. The DS version is impressive in how it plays pretty much exactly the same as on the 360, just without the pretty graphics. I travel a fair amount and it's perfect for plane rides, as it takes about 3-4 hours to get through a game.[/quote]

I'll second this opinion. Easily worth the money. Plays much bigger than you would think.

[quote name='Shady3011']So is an open box of cereal but Wal-Mart won't sell me it.[/quote]

Haha, that's a really, really bad comparison right there, as Wal-Mart will happily take items which have been returned 90 days after they were purchased, which have clearly been used, and put them back on the shelves as "new" without even checking them. Happened to me when we bought a humidifier there this past winter -- got it home and opened it up, only to find that it was full of some kind of gross brown residue because someone else had apparently bought it, used it (with god knows what in it that would leave shit like that behind), and then returned it. The manager accepted my return, of course, and apologized that the person who had taken the return before should have been paying more attention, but stopped short of agreeing with me that they had no business putting it back on the shelf as "new" in the first place. I'll bet they washed it out and then sold it again to some other poor sucker. Needless to say, I'll only be buying items which are clearly factory-sealed from Wal-Mart from now on. (Not a big fan of Wal-Mart anyway, but we needed the humidifier right then and everywhere else was closed for the night . . . )

Compared to that, I'll take gutted games any day (even though I don't like the practice of gutting games either).

[quote name='DarkZion']I talked to a GS employee today about their practice of gutting games. He basically said that people complain about it alot, but he doesn't care unless its a Collector's Edition, because then there's no reason to open it.

Kinda irritated me, but hey, he wasn't exactly the smartest guy.[/quote]

Hopefully the FTC will actually do something to stop this horrible practice since it may be illegal under federal law:

http://kotaku.com/5205385/gamestop-sells-played-games-as-new-sources-say-practice-could-be-illegal

[quote name='Ionotropic']I just picked up GH2, GH3, and GH:Aerosmith + Wired X-plorer controller for 9.99 each. Each was gutted and definitely look used, but sold to me as "new". I normally refuse to buy games in this condition, but I decided to take a chance since they were so cheap. If they are dysfunctional, I'll return them.[/quote]

GH2 and GH3 are on sale too? I considered picking up the GH:Aerosmith and wired guitar deal, but ended up deciding not to bother, because I don't really like Aerosmith that much.

[quote name='fallenjedi']Hopefully the FTC will actually do something to stop this horrible practice since it may be illegal under federal law:

http://kotaku.com/5205385/gamestop-sells-played-games-as-new-sources-say-practice-could-be-illegal[/quote]

I skimmed through that last night so I could be mistaken, but I thought the issue that was brought up by the FTC was more that the games were actually being played and sold as new as opposed to merely being opened and sold as new.

Either way, it's great news if they are forced to stop doing either or both of these activities by the FTC.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I skimmed through that last night so I could be mistaken, but I thought the issue that was brought up by the FTC was more that the games were actually being played and sold as new as opposed to merely being opened and sold as new.[/quote]

Exactly. The issue here is deception. If a company opens an item and sells it to you opened, there is no deception at all. You can clearly see that the game is opened. You aren't forced to buy it. You can say, "No, I want a sealed game," and just leave the store.

But if the are letting employees take these home, and then passing them off as they were just sitting behind the counter, then that is deceptive. If you decide to buy the game, you're buying it under the false assumption that the game is just open-box...not that it has already been used.

ugh. I read about this on Kotaku.com as well.

I just bought Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 3 the other day during the sale and now wish I could leave work just to check the bottom of the disks to make sure they are not scuffed or scratched.

Yeah, it's about jam time.

With about 8.8 million revenue last year, they are still too cheap to buy those security cases that other retailers have been using to protect their display copies from theft.

They gut their new games and seal them as new. We gutted our purchase and they say we can't return them because they had been used or ain't new.

About fucking time, burn those bastards to the ground. The leading reatailer can't penny up for extra cases and artwork from publishers? Bullshit.

In related news, the gs manager my brother used to work for got fired for banging some dude in the stock room and it was caught on camera :)

[quote name='batman1939']Anyone ever see Final Fantasy: Advent Children UMD at store? Onlne only shows used for $15[/quote]

[quote name='Master Shake']Yeah I saw it.[/quote]

Me too. The store locater worked in finding a couple of the harder-to-find movies for me.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I skimmed through that last night so I could be mistaken, but I thought the issue that was brought up by the FTC was more that the games were actually being played and sold as new as opposed to merely being opened and sold as new.

Either way, it's great news if they are forced to stop doing either or both of these activities by the FTC.[/quote]

Yeah, the issue is the played games. They mentioned that the games that get played are tossed with the other game discs in the sleeves. So no one will know which ones have been checked out or not.

After thinking about it, I have a feeling that we might end up with Gamestop still gutting the games, but keeping one or two discs in different color sleeves or something and those being sold at a discount as 'demo' games or something.

[quote name='eau']Yeah, it's about jam time.

With about 8.8 billion revenue last year, they are still too cheap to buy those security cases that other retailers have been using to protect their display copies from theft.

They gut their new games and seal them as new. We gutted our purchase and they say we can't return them because they had been used or ain't new.[/quote]

fixed.

[quote name='Bomfy']Yeah, the issue is the played games. They mentioned that the games that get played are tossed with the other game discs in the sleeves. So no one will know which ones have been checked out or not.

After thinking about it, I have a feeling that we might end up with Gamestop still gutting the games, but keeping one or two discs in different color sleeves or something and those being sold at a discount as 'demo' games or something.[/quote]

I doubt it, most likely there will just be a change in policy that only allows used titles to be checked out.

[quote name='helmet']I doubt it, most likely there will just be a change in policy that only allows used titles to be checked out.[/quote]

My understanding is that IS the policy. But if it's not enforced by the store manager ...

[quote name='salty tbone']Me too. The store locater worked in finding a couple of the harder-to-find movies for me.[/QUOTE]
yeah i got 1 sealed @ 4.99$. sucks MGS trilogy didn't get sale price!

[quote name='salty tbone']My understanding is that IS the policy. But if it's not enforced by the store manager ...[/quote]

Then I guess the simplest thing would be to cut the abused employee benefit entirely. But again, its up to management to actually enforce it.

Ugh, finally got Naruto:Clash of Ninja Revo. 2 at Roseville, MI and it was gutted. It seems that everything was, though. Did manage to find a copy of VC, but passed since it wasn't my thing.
Prolly going back to get Viva Pinata.

[quote name='testaroo']How do they send used games for online orders? Do they have USED stickers like instore games?[/quote]

Yup and most of them are from returns making matters worse

[quote name='katamaris4ever']Ugh, finally got Naruto:Clash of Ninja Revo. 2 at Roseville, MI and it was gutted. It seems that everything was, though. Did manage to find a copy of VC, but passed since it wasn't my thing.
Prolly going back to get Viva Pinata.[/quote]

you are missing out big time by passing VC. Awesome game all-around.

[quote name='eau']Yeah, it's about jam time.

With about 8.8 million revenue last year, they are still too cheap to buy those security cases that other retailers have been using to protect their display copies from theft.

They gut their new games and seal them as new. We gutted our purchase and they say we can't return them because they had been used or ain't new.[/QUOTE]

Guessing it was just a typo, but it's 8.8 Billion. If it was 8.8 million, I could understand how they couldn't afford security cases.

[quote name='Invin']VC isn't my thing either, but when everyone here had something good to say about it, I gave in.[/quote]

If it isn't your cup of tea, you should have never gave in. Not everybody has the same taste in RPGs. I for one held back, even with the huge amount of praise from people.

bread's done
Back