GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Invin']VC isn't my thing either, but when everyone here had something good to say about it, I gave in.[/quote]

I actually gave in to the hype train too, but I'm surprised at how much I actually enjoy the game.

[quote name='helmet']I doubt it, most likely there will just be a change in policy that only allows used titles to be checked out.[/quote]

That would make the most sense. New release games end up on the used self pretty damn quick, well in my area anyway. I just don't really see them changing the way they operate that much. I'm not really in the know, but from all my Gamestop experiences, I've only found 1 that keeps a lot of unopened games around. We shall see what transpires, if anything.

The "employee" at my local GS said that the free guitar w/GH: Aerosmith promo is over.

Is there an ad online I can just print out and bring in?

Ordered Leisure Suit Larry and the Lego Star Wars Lunchbox for $20 with my coupon, which I got with a $25 VC order that had some other stuff canceled.

[quote name='disillusion386']I actually gave in to the hype train too, but I'm surprised at how much I actually enjoy the game.[/quote]

+1

Score one for the doubters!

If you are not on the fence or on the fence. JUMP into VC. You won't regret it.

[quote name='Vitality X']If it isn't your cup of tea, you should have never gave in. Not everybody has the same taste in RPGs. I for one held back, even with the huge amount of praise from people.[/QUOTE]

It's not about giving in or not. It's about giving the demo on PSN a try.

VC's definitely worth $30, gutted or not. Unless you are a reseller, of course, but I don't think VC will become rare at all. Despite all the hype, I don't think VC's worth $60, either.

Just picked up Namco Virtual Museum for the 360. I have been wanting Pac Man Championship Ed and Galaga Remixed for some time. BTW Mrs. Pac Man rules!

[quote name='Vitality X']If it isn't your cup of tea, you should have never gave in. Not everybody has the same taste in RPGs. I for one held back, even with the huge amount of praise from people.[/QUOTE]

This. Not trying to fan flames here, but I really regret buying Vallyria Chronicles. I regret it a lot.

[quote name='Chuplayer']This. Not trying to fan flames here, but I really regret buying Vallyria Chronicles. I regret it a lot.[/quote]

That's too bad. I don't think you are fanning any flames by not liking the game. Hell, if everyone had to like a game, how many would there be? Opinions are opinions and everyone has there own. That last bit is the thing some people have trouble understanding.

[quote name='Chuplayer']This. Not trying to fan flames here, but I really regret buying Vallyria Chronicles. I regret it a lot.[/quote]

Why do you regret it a lot? At worst you could resell it and probably get more than you paid.. unless you bought it at $60?

[quote name='sarge1991']Buy 2 Get 1 hit my stores today, i dont know if this is old news or YMMV. It was for all used games.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... too bad there's nothing I want.

[quote name='jp0213']God jam it, I'm sick and tired of seeing god jam it already. Not really, but it is beginning to wear out it's welcome.[/quote]
:applause: I was sick of it the first time I heard it. Just telling the truth!

[quote name='jacknicklson']
In related news, the gs manager my brother used to work for got fired for banging some dude in the stock room and it was caught on camera :)[/quote]
I hope it was a lady.

So, I got both my glitched and nonglitched orders and they decided to charge me $10 for Dog's Island. o_O??? fuck that shit, right? So, I'll be going to Gamestop to get back my money on that and the Valkyria Chronicles I bought at sale price (unless somebody really wants it and Gamestop online isn't selling it anymore... let me know on that.), but that still leaves me with $5 Aerosmith and $25 Valkyria, so I'm pretty happy. It's just the legwork that I'm not looking forward to.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']So, I got both my glitched and nonglitched orders and they decided to charge me $10 for Dog's Island. o_O??? fuck that shit, right? So, I'll be going to Gamestop to get back my money on that and the Valkyria Chronicles I bought at sale price (unless somebody really wants it and Gamestop online isn't selling it anymore... let me know on that.), but that still leaves me with $5 Aerosmith and $25 Valkyria, so I'm pretty happy. It's just the legwork that I'm not looking forward to.[/quote]

Check and see if your credit card actually got charged. My packing slip for Dog Island showed $10 too, but my card never got charged.

[quote name='sarge1991']Buy 2 Get 1 hit my stores today, i dont know if this is old news or YMMV. It was for all used games.[/quote]

I'd like to know more about this... is your store new?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']So, I got both my glitched and nonglitched orders and they decided to charge me $10 for Dog's Island. o_O??? fuck that shit, right? So, I'll be going to Gamestop to get back my money on that and the Valkyria Chronicles I bought at sale price (unless somebody really wants it and Gamestop online isn't selling it anymore... let me know on that.), but that still leaves me with $5 Aerosmith and $25 Valkyria, so I'm pretty happy. It's just the legwork that I'm not looking forward to.[/quote]

Is VC going for $25 now or did you get that price with a coupon?

[quote name='jazzman']Is VC going for $25 now or did you get that price with a coupon?[/QUOTE]

VC should be $27 with the Game Informer 10% off coupon this month (Bioshock 2 cover).

[quote name='J7.']:applause: I was sick of it the first time I heard it. Just telling the truth!

I hope it was a lady.[/QUOTE]

I second that

[quote name='jazzman']Is VC going for $25 now or did you get that price with a coupon?[/quote]

I got it with a coupon glitch for $25 online. Though, with tax, it'd come out to around $26-something. The glitch is no longer active, sorry. Just to make you feel bad, the customers who used that glitch and got some of their order canceled received $10 off their next order.

Thanks, dogmae. I just checked and it seems I didn't get charged for it. However, the receipt I got still shows I paid $10 for it which means...
Free $10 if I return it to the store! :D

[quote name='Vitality X']If it isn't your cup of tea, you should have never gave in. Not everybody has the same taste in RPGs. I for one held back, even with the huge amount of praise from people.[/quote]

[quote name='disillusion386']I actually gave in to the hype train too, but I'm surprised at how much I actually enjoy the game.[/quote]
It all depends....

I'm not that much into 3rd person shooter....I have Gears, Resistance (PS3), etc and I just don't play them much. I might not be big into them because I don't have much time to sit and play them. However, my girl bought me a PSP for my bday and I ended up getting Resistance: Retribution....and I love it! I can pick it up and play a section within 20 min, which is great for me and gives me the chance to enjoy the game. I picked up VC and should I not like it, I'll just Ebay and get (probably) more than I paid for it.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I'd like to know more about this... is your store new?[/quote]

No my store is not new. They had a big sign that read buy 2 Get 1 it had the Gameday Logo on it, but i believe it was only for used games.

[quote name='sarge1991']No my store is not new. They had a big sign that read buy 2 Get 1 it had the Gameday Logo on it, but i believe it was only for used games.[/quote]
I wouldn't put it past them to do that and then when you get in the store it's only for the PS2 buy PS2 get b2g1 on PS2 games.

[quote name='J7.']I wouldn't put it past them to do that and then when you get in the store it's only for the PS2 buy PS2 get b2g1 on PS2 games.[/quote]

No, i know for a fact it was not the PS2 b2g1 it was on all used games.

Gheitown! I ordered VC off GameStop.com and it said it was delivered on Wed. afternoon by the UPS thru the tracking, but I still don't got it. I ordered it on Sunday and it came on Wed. which was pretty quick for free shipping. First time ever I never got myn package. Nobody in our home has the package, so I filed a claim & contacted GameStop.com...

[quote name='KrazyGunner']Gheitown! I ordered VC off GameStop.com and it said it was delivered on Wed. afternoon by the UPS thru the tracking, but I still don't got it. I ordered it on Sunday and it came on Wed. which was pretty quick for free shipping. First time ever I never got myn package. Nobody in our home has the package, so I filed a claim & contacted GameStop.com...[/quote]
This may sound dumb, but have you checked shrubs or any type of plants in front your house (lol). I remember once my father ordered a couple of dvds and it was a week since being supposedly delivered. We complained at customer service and stuff like that and was about to file a claim, but apparently the box was hidden by a shrub, plant in front of the house (wonder why still, that box could've fit through the mail box slot).
Contact UPS too

^^ Well at least that's better than just laying it on the porch, like they always seem to do at my house. That's why I have stuff of any importance sent to my dad's work because there's always somewhere there to physically get it from the mailman.

[quote name='dejeckt']This may sound dumb, but have you checked shrubs or any type of plants in front your house (lol). I remember once my father ordered a couple of dvds and it was a week since being supposedly delivered. We complained at customer service and stuff like that and was about to file a claim, but apparently the box was hidden by a shrub, plant in front of the house (wonder why still, that box could've fit through the mail box slot).
Contact UPS too[/quote]

That's a good idea, look for potential hiding spots. DHL and FedEx always put stuff in my '68 Charger when no one is home. At this point it's more like 65-70% of a '68 Charger, so they just tend to hide the package under whatever parts are stored inside it at this point. Best benefit of living in the woods, unwanted people rarely ever come by.

Oh yeah, checked all the those spots. The tracking said it was on the porch; LOCATION: PORCH. Everytime I leave through the front door, I check every possible place there is to hide a package, like if I was to hide stolen money that I didn't want anyone to find. I believe it's going to be in a bright yellow colored envelope, and that contrasts with the green bushes around me, I shouldn't miss it, not with gamer vision!... haha I'm so lame... the investigation said they were gonna ask the driver to show the company where the package was left on. I can imagine the driver arriving and saying "it's buried right next to this shrub, here's a shovel..."

I want my Valkyria! :cry:

So, about half of my canceled order actually shipped and was delivered yesterday. Keep in mind that the whole order was canceled, and I never got any kind of confirmation that anything would be shipping.

Thank you, AMEX.

Picked up Silent Hill and Castlevania for PSP at 10 bucks ea. Warcraft 3 battle chest , HOTD 2&3 for Wii and DMC 5th annivesary set(sealed) for $20 ea. SIlent Hill is actually good(currently playing)-Loved HOTD 2 at the arcades and never really beat DMC 1 lets alone the other 2. Castlevania apparently has 3 games on the disk as well(Remake of Rondo of Blood, the original Rondo and SYmphony of the night-last 2 u have to unlock)

[quote name='Martinmz']guys i bought guitar hero aeorsmith and got a guitar with it for 10 $
did this happen to any one else[/quote]
Yeah it was a promotion they were having before GameDays if I remember correctly. There is an entire thread about it somewhere.

is the sale over? i went over to the mall like 20 minutes ago to snag 1-2 more VC copies to trade off here and the guy said its 59.99 new 54.99 used but the gamestop website says the deal is still going..

The sale is still going on. The coupon is good until early May, so that is likely when the sale will end. Just have them ring the game up. GS prices are universal, so the tag is meaningless.

[quote name='sarge1991']No, i know for a fact it was not the PS2 b2g1 it was on all used games.[/quote]

One Gamestop near me had B2G1 on all used games for Friday and Saturday (today) only. It wasn't a new store, either. The manager said it was something new Gamestop was trying out, "rewarding" a well-performing store by running the sale.

The other three GS in my area were business as usual. I imagine this is going to come up again with people reporting B2G1 and getting slammed by others whose stores aren't having the sale.

[quote name='salty tbone']One Gamestop near me had B2G1 on all used games for Friday and Saturday (today) only. It wasn't a new store, either. The manager said it was something new Gamestop was trying out, "rewarding" a well-performing store by running the sale.

The other three GS in my area were business as usual. I imagine this is going to come up again with people reporting B2G1 and getting slammed by others whose stores aren't having the sale.[/quote]

That's weird, reward the better store with a sale. I think reward along the line of pizza would be much better for the employees. Gutting new games strange rewards for doing well, Gamestop is a strange place.

I was at a fairly new GS today but forgot to bring a printout the coupon and the employees claimed there were no Gamedays coupons out there at all. :p Passed on another copy of VC, not sure if I want to open the sealed one I got online or not, although I will probably regret it. (not buying another copy)

This store was running B2G1 on all used games..

Weirdest thing, though, there was this family that came in and bought the kid 2 used DS games. I am 99% sure he swapped a new copy for a used one. (after telling them it was cheaper and they had B2G1) the guy tried to talk them into buying 3 games but the kid didn't want any additional games. After they left I think the guy grabbed a third game and told the other guy to take it out of stock since "they didn't want their third game".

I don't know for sure what happened but it sure seemed like he just took a game as that family's third game as his own. very, very, strange. I kind of didn't want to give any money to these people after seeing that.

[quote name='Justin42']I was at a fairly new GS today but forgot to bring a printout the coupon and the employees claimed there were no Gamedays coupons out there at all. :p Passed on another copy of VC, not sure if I want to open the sealed one I got online or not, although I will probably regret it. (not buying another copy)

This store was running B2G1 on all used games..

Weirdest thing, though, there was this family that came in and bought the kid 2 used DS games. I am 99% sure he swapped a new copy for a used one. (after telling them it was cheaper and they had B2G1) the guy tried to talk them into buying 3 games but the kid didn't want any additional games. After they left I think the guy grabbed a third game and told the other guy to take it out of stock since "they didn't want their third game".

I don't know for sure what happened but it sure seemed like he just took a game as that family's third game as his own. very, very, strange. I kind of didn't want to give any money to these people after seeing that.[/QUOTE]

You could have probably reported that and got the kid fired, if they cared.

I don't think I would deny sales though, if it's to your benefit, go for it... just don't buy into the pre-orders and edge sales, not like the guy behind gets any credit or commision for a straight sale. Don't offer to be helped either. Can't remember if they get credit for helping you.

The b2g1 free sales can be YMMV for sure, a new store opened near me just recently and ran a b2g1 free for their first weekend but the other closest store wasnt running it.

A couple of months back, a GS (not too far away from me) opened up but they never ran a B2G1.

I've been holding off on buying MS7 and Namco Museum because my wife misplaced* my copy of GI with the coupon.

* I think she threw it away but she denies it.

[quote name='emg28']A couple of months back, a GS (not too far away from me) opened up but they never ran a B2G1.

I've been holding off on buying MS7 and Namco Museum because my wife misplaced* my copy of GI with the coupon.

* I think she threw it away but she denies it.[/QUOTE]

Just print it from the first page, I just used it with no problems...

[quote name='emg28']A couple of months back, a GS (not too far away from me) opened up but they never ran a B2G1.

* I think she threw it away but she denies it.[/quote]
thats grounds for a divorce...throwing away a mans games. :p

bread's done
Back