Gamestop Gameboy & GBC games 75% off no longer includes DVDs

neokellyzero

CAG Veteran
Deal in title starts tomorrow. Not sure if it's all stores, but but the manager at the one by me said it should stack with edge- he also let me hold about a dozen dvds (ATHF box sets will be like $3 after all discounts) Happy Hunting-

[quote name='MCalvert1']It's true. It was pretty funny actually. I told the guy I wanted a game from the case. "Which one?", he asks. "Zelda", I say. So he says, "Ah, The Minish Cap is really good." When I tell him, "No the GBC one" he starts saying to the other employee, "What!? When did we get this!? Don't tell me ages ago! Seriously!? It's been in here this whole time!?"

Then after all that, the other employee asks him if they had "The Minish Cap" in the case, and he responds, "No, but I do!"

MjC[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! It is great when we know about the deals before they do which is most of the time. The cashier that rang me up at FYE when I bought Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $9.99 had a similar look on his face. It was priceless.:)

Gamestop sent me my local district manager's phone number. I will contact him to see if he can help me locate Gamestop stores that still carry GBC games or have them shipped to the stores nearest to me.

After sending out all I promised to people this is what I have left.
2 Pokemon Yellow
1 Zelda Oracle of Ages
2 pokemon gold
1 pokemon trading card game
1 Pokemon Blue
1 Pokemon Silver

Well, we have plans to hit another 2 stores this weekend that seem to have a decent amount left.

Also putting in my order for 100 UGC's tomorrow :)

When I go to gamestop tomorrow should I ask if they have any gbc systems. If they do would anyone like them, and how much would you pay for said system/in said color

[quote name='karkyco']Penguin, your payment is in the mail...be on the lookout for the tan envelope...[/quote]

I also shipped out your games already.

I was conveniently at the post office and I figured, what the hay!

lol.. so random!

[quote name='Shady3011']If any of you cool cats finds an MGS or RE: Gaiden, give me a shout. I'd love to get both.[/quote]

Good luck with that. I've been to so many stores and I only found one copy of MGS and never even seen RE.

[quote name='Penguin1084']Good luck with that. I've been to so many stores and I only found one copy of MGS and never even seen RE.[/quote]

At least you got GB/GBC games in your town. They've been non-existent around here since last year.

[quote name='Shady3011']At least you got GB/GBC games in your town. They've been non-existent around here since last year.[/quote]

yea that sucks.

I'm just saying, for whatever reasons, they're like non-existent around here and seems like everywhere else too.

I was surprised that I found MGS and Shantae at the same store..

[quote name='Penguin1084']yea that sucks.

I'm just saying, for whatever reasons, they're like non-existent around here and seems like everywhere else too.

I was surprised that I found MGS and Shantae at the same store..[/quote]

I'm guessing most people realized they are sought after. It's nice to know that at least a CAG scored a copy instead of a scalper.

Edit: Okay. I know Shantae is hard to find, but that one eBay listing is out of its mind.

I thought Shantae was like the rarest GB game here in the US. I know it commands a real premium. Never expect to own one.

Also,

It seems GS has not noticed that all of its North Virginia stores are completely sold out of GB & Color, but Maryland stores seem to have a lot. I am trying to convince the Mrs. to let me take a road trip. :)

[quote name='MCalvert1']It's true. It was pretty funny actually. I told the guy I wanted a game from the case. "Which one?", he asks. "Zelda", I say. So he says, "Ah, The Minish Cap is really good." When I tell him, "No the GBC one" he starts saying to the other employee, "What!? When did we get this!? Don't tell me ages ago! Seriously!? It's been in here this whole time!?"

Then after all that, the other employee asks him if they had "The Minish Cap" in the case, and he responds, "No, but I do!"

MjC[/quote]

I remember when I got Oracle of Seasons (for 5 bucks, not 75% off btw) they just dug it out of some drawer. It was probably in there for a couple of years. The clerk there was just happy he met his preorder quota. Good find. I'm glad I got my copy. I'd probably have to leave the state at this point to find another.

[quote name='Shady3011']
Edit: Okay. I know Shantae is hard to find, but that one eBay listing is out of its mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that too. I don't think I've ever seen a copy go for that much, even complete or sealed. I sold a loose one here on CAG for less than $20 a few years ago. I think it sat on my trade list for a couple months before someone actually bought it.

After clearing out pretty much every store here, I went back to one of the Gamestops where I originally bought the most games to sign up for the SF4 tourny and the guy working there recognized me and told me they had gotten in a few more games, apparently because of how many they sold.

Got
Zelda: Link's Awakening
Pokemon Silver
Star Wars Episode I: Racer

Might be a good idea to check some of the stores again to see if they get anymore in.

[quote name='Penguin1084']WHOAH.

I didn't know what you guys meant until I searched for Shantae on ebay...

$112? And its not even over yet!

wow.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Shantae is rare? I got a new one I haven't even opened yet and I also picked up a used one a few months back for about $3 from GS (which is the one I've played). I think I may hold on to that now.

i remember an ad for that game.
looked like shovelware to me.

the title of this thread is confusing; i'm assuming it means gamestop doesn't take dvds anymore, but according to the title, it would seem like dvds have something to do with gb/gbc games. >=\

[quote name='sundaysuit']i remember an ad for that game.
looked like shovelware to me.

the title of this thread is confusing; i'm assuming it means gamestop doesn't take dvds anymore, but according to the title, it would seem like dvds have something to do with gb/gbc games. >=\[/quote]

At the start of this deal DVDs were also included in the 75% off(85% with edge), like the gameboy/gameboy color games.

[quote name='oscargrouch']I thought Shantae was like the rarest GB game here in the US. I know it commands a real premium. Never expect to own one.

Also,

It seems GS has not noticed that all of its North Virginia stores are completely sold out of GB & Color, but Maryland stores seem to have a lot. I am trying to convince the Mrs. to let me take a road trip. :)[/QUOTE]

What stores in MD specifically?

MjC

[quote name='BarbblerElf']At the start of this deal DVDs were also included in the 75% off(85% with edge), like the gameboy/gameboy color games.[/quote]
oh, ok.
thanks for clearing that up.

does anyone have an extra zelda oracle of seasons for trade. i have ages but i cant find seasons. several deals with people on here have fell through. take a look at my trade list i really want that game.

blah. just cased up another 40 gb/gbc games.

2 hours later, i'm left with no ink in my printer, and no more extra cases laying around. But i'm also left with 40 cased games!

[quote name='Penguin1084']blah. just cased up another 40 gb/gbc games.

2 hours later, i'm left with no ink in my printer, and no more extra cases laying around. But i'm also left with 40 cased games![/quote]

Nice! I think I need at least 200 of those damn cases, but fuck me, paying $150 for them from the Nintendo site? Gotta check in with some of the Gamestops to see if they'd be willing to hook me up with some of the cases...

[quote name='karkyco']Nice! I think I need at least 200 of those damn cases, but fuck me, paying $150 for them from the Nintendo site? Gotta check in with some of the Gamestops to see if they'd be willing to hook me up with some of the cases...[/QUOTE]

yea, I know for sure that I'll need more UGC's... AND MORE INK!

Also,

I think I found a rather decent deal for an SNES on CL. I'll pm you it in a bit and see what you think.

[quote name='Penguin1084']yea, I know for sure that I'll need more UGC's... AND MORE INK!

Also,

I think I found a rather decent deal for an SNES on CL. I'll pm you it in a bit and see what you think.[/quote]

Hey Penguin, see my response...I'm just not sure that's the best deal. I mean, definitely some good games with each system, but meh, I've seen better deals. The 3 SNES NHL games and the Madden game, meh. Try and get it a little bit lower if you can.

Well, we hit another 4 stores today, 2 of which had nothing, 1 of which had 4 games, and the last which focused on quality more than quantity :)

And the finds are...

findsforsaturdayda3.jpg

Game and Watch Gallery
Super Mario Land x2
Dragon Warrior 3
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Pokemon Silver x2
Super Mario Bros Deluxe x4
Mega Man 3
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2 x3
Donkey Kong Land 3
Donkey Kong Country
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Cobi (I think? going off pic)
Ducktales 2
Pokemon Yellow
Tetris
Game and Watch Gallery 3
Lufia
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
GTA 2
LoZ: Link's Awakening DX
LoZ: Oracle of Seasons
Kirby's Dream Land

and the bottom half is for my personal collection which consists of:

Tecmo Bowl
Grand Theft Auto
Kirby's Star Stacker
Kid Icarus
Bomberman GB
Daffy Duck's Foul Play
Defender/Joust
Killer Instinct
Bart vs the Juggernauts
Final Fantasy Adventure
Metroid 2
Toy Story Racer
Lion King: Simba's Mighty Adventure
The Jungle Book
Pocket Bomberman
Tom and Jerry: Mouse Something
Resident Evil Gaiden
TMNT I
TMNT II
Looney Toons
Megaman Extreme
Contra: The Alien Wars

Pretty nice finds for today.

Going back to the first store I went to during this sale tomorrow to see what they got in.

Also will be making a trade list tonight.

Hmm... got a tip for a store that is about an hour north of where I am from anther gamestop I just stopped by on random to check for some GBC. One Employees at there said that they got stuck doing the inventory of it a while ago and they had 100's of games, so I am differently going to have to give it a go.

anyone snag an extra Loz Links Awakning DX? i have been looking around the stores in the Flint, MI area and there isnt shit. I have had a huge itch to play this game again.

I didnt pick anything up but i saw a few games that were not crap around here. mega man2, loz seasons, bubble bobble. i'll hut around more today.

[quote name='Penguin1084']Well, we hit another 4 stores today, 2 of which had nothing, 1 of which had 4 games, and the last which focused on quality more than quantity :)

And the finds are...

Game and Watch Gallery
Super Mario Land x2
Dragon Warrior 3
Pokemon Silver x2
Mega Man 3
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2 x3
Donkey Kong Land 3
Donkey Kong Country
Ducktales 2
Pokemon Yellow
Tetris
Game and Watch Gallery 3
Lufia
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
GTA 2
Kirby's Dream Land

Tecmo Bowl
Grand Theft Auto
Kirby's Star Stacker
Kid Icarus
Bomberman GB
Daffy Duck's Foul Play
Defender/Joust
Killer Instinct
Bart vs the Juggernauts
Final Fantasy Adventure
Metroid 2
Toy Story Racer
The Jungle Book
Pocket Bomberman
Resident Evil Gaiden
TMNT I
TMNT II
Looney Toons
Megaman Extreme

Going back to the first store I went to during this sale tomorrow to see what they got in.

Also will be making a trade list tonight.[/quote]

Hot damn, Penguin! Metroid 2 AND Resident Evil Gaiden? You have everything I'm looking for. Man, I should go back to some of my earlier stores, see if they've gotten anything new in. And that extra Ducktales 2, hook me up! Plus that DragonQuest Monsters Cobi looks perfect, mine has a messed up label. Still haven't gotten the games, BTW...did you get the envelope?

[quote name='Penguin1084']Well, we hit another 4 stores today, 2 of which had nothing, 1 of which had 4 games, and the last which focused on quality more than quantity :)

And the finds are...

Game and Watch Gallery
Super Mario Land x2
Dragon Warrior 3
Pokemon Silver x2
Mega Man 3
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2 x3
Donkey Kong Land 3
Donkey Kong Country
Ducktales 2
Pokemon Yellow
Tetris
Game and Watch Gallery 3
Lufia
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
GTA 2
Kirby's Dream Land

Tecmo Bowl
Grand Theft Auto
Kirby's Star Stacker
Kid Icarus
Bomberman GB
Daffy Duck's Foul Play
Defender/Joust
Killer Instinct
Bart vs the Juggernauts
Final Fantasy Adventure
Metroid 2
Toy Story Racer
The Jungle Book
Pocket Bomberman
Resident Evil Gaiden
TMNT I
TMNT II
Looney Toons
Megaman Extreme

Also will be making a trade list tonight.[/QUOTE]

Donkey Kong Land 2 and Tetris are 2 titles I've been looking for. Interested in seling or trading?

[quote name='J Bling Blang']Donkey Kong Land 2 and Tetris are 2 titles I've been looking for. Interested in seling or trading?[/QUOTE]

yea, they're up for trade.

Also, to anyone looking at this thread, please pm me if you're trading any of the following:

Tetris 2
Final Fantasy Legend II
Pokemon Crystal (with working save battery)
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V

I have quite a bit for trade..

[quote name='Penguin1084']yea, they're up for trade.

Also, to anyone looking at this thread, please pm me if you're trading any of the following:

Tetris 2
Final Fantasy Legend II
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V

I have quite a bit for trade..[/quote]

Where is your trade list?

[quote name='Penguin1084']yea, they're up for trade.

Tetris 2
Final Fantasy Legend II
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V

I have quite a bit for trade..[/quote]

Just to let everyone else know, I am trading my copy of MM4 for Penguin1084's LoZ Link's Awakening DX.

My mini Trade/Sell list that I picked up is:

Contra Alien Wars
Spy vs Spy
Wario land 3
MM Xtreme
MM Wily's Revenge
Robopon Sun
Bonk's Adventure

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xycury']Just to let everyone else know, I am trading my copy of MM4 for LoZ Link's Awakening DX.

My mini Trade/Sell list that I picked up is:

Contra Alien Wars
Spy vs Spy
Wario land 3
MM Xtreme
MM Wily's Revenge
Robopon Sun
Bonk's Adventure[/QUOTE]

yea, might as well post mine as well..

this is only partial, the rest of my trade list is hidden under all of these piles...

Pokemon Yellow (No label, but saves and works fine)
Donkey Kong (No label, but saves and works fine)
Super Mario Land II: 6 Golden Coins (No label, but saves and works fine)
Pokemon Silver (No label, but saves and works fine)
Pokemon Crystal (This is a bootleg I think.. its a black cartridge with the game on it. Otherwise, works and saves)
Pokemon Yellow (Apparent bootleg, gray cart, printed label)
Super Mario Land II: 6 Golden Coins (Mostly ripped label, some still left, works and saves great)
GTA2 (everything fine)
Wario Blast (fine)
Oddworld Adventure (fine)
Wave Race (fine)
Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (fine)
1942 (fine)
Rayman 2 (fine)
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Land 3
Tetris 1
Megaman Xtreme
Megaman Xtreme 2
Killer Instinct
Operation C
Inspector Gadget
Kirby's Block Ball
Tetris Blast
Quarth
Ninja Turtles 3

still looking for:

Tetris 2
Final Fantasy Legend 2
Pokemon Crystal
Mega Man 5

Man, went by a new GS tonight on a whim, and they had 3 boxes of GB/GBC games - the most I've seen so far in one store! Best part is, most of them were sealed in little plastic bags, still in great condition with clean and intact labels. I got some fun stuff including Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Cobi, Survival Kids, Zelda Link's Awakening, Kirby Tilt n Tumble, Super Mario Land 2, Tetris, Game & Watch Gallery, Xena, etc.

The employees there were cool and were astonished at the "promotion" I got when they rang me up... as I left they were digging through the rest of the games, hehe.

[quote name='worshipsf']Man, went by a new GS tonight on a whim, and they had 3 boxes of GB/GBC games - the most I've seen so far in one store! Best part is, most of them were sealed in little plastic bags, still in great condition with clean and intact labels. I got some fun stuff including Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Cobi, Survival Kids, Zelda Link's Awakening, Kirby Tilt n Tumble, Super Mario Land 2, Tetris, Game & Watch Gallery, Xena, etc.

The employees there were cool and were astonished at the "promotion" I got when they rang me up... as I left they were digging through the rest of the games, hehe.[/QUOTE]

nice! are you selling/trading tilt n tumble?

What is a good thing to say when a Gamestop employee asks you what you will do with all the games? Then asks if you are going to resell them?

I had this happen to me during the N64 & PS1 Gamestop clearance when I made the mistake of trying to return some nonworking games and the employee saw I had bought multiple copies of the same game. He got angry and declined my return.

[quote name='CGH']What is a good thing to say when a Gamestop employee asks you what you will do with all the games? Then asks if you are going to resell them?

I had this happen to me during the N64 & PS1 Gamestop clearance when I made the mistake of trying to return some nonworking games and the employee saw I had bought multiple copies of the same game. He got angry and declined my return.[/quote]

don't say anything, and say you'll give them to some friends.

Get a gift reciept or go to a different GS.

[quote name='CGH']What is a good thing to say when a Gamestop employee asks you what you will do with all the games? Then asks if you are going to resell them?[/quote]
You tell them it's none of their business. You don't ask them what they do with their paychecks, and they shouldn't ask you.

By now, almost all the batteries should be dead anyway. If you get one with a working battery, it'll almost certainly die within a year, so you'll lose all your save data then anyway. You may as well replace the battery now if you plan on returning to the game in the future.

Just got through some of my Pick-ups have Multiples for Trading
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Zelda DX
Zelda Seasons
Zelda Ages
Killer Instinct
Conker
Crystalis
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Ren & Stimpy Space Cadet Adventures
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Bionic Commando
Aliens Thantos Encounter
Simpsons Treehouse of Horror
Dragon Warrior I+II
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2
Survival Kids
Mega Man Xtreme
Bubble Bobble
Snoopy's Magic Show
Kirby Tilt N' Tumble
Bomberman ( pocket , I think will look after work )
Power Quest
Loc N Chase
Shadowgate Classic
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Land
Tiny Toons Buster Saves the Day
Battletoads
Hyper Lode Runner
Rampart
Taz-Mania
Vegas Games
Earthworm Jim
Turok Rage Wars
Primal Rage
Xmen Mutant Academy
Gex 3
Paintball
Oddworld 2
Looney Toons
QBert
Mercanary Force
T2
Quest for Camelot
Fortified Zone
Star Trek
Star Trek Next Generation
Moon Patrol/Spy Hunter
Rtype DX
Spider Man
Spider Man 2
Ken Griffey jr. Slugfesr

Would Love To Get A Resident Evil Gaiden , But Who Doesnt ? will post what I am looking for or just PM

bread's done
Back