Gamestop Gameday Sale April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']not to sound rude but how do you reccomend keeping them sealed, arent they all gutted?[/quote]

LMAO zing!

Waiting for the person to claim that the gutted copies aren't used either ...

Oh I just remembered reading in another thread that last year everyone said pretty much all the games were new but gutted copies (with only a few sealed behind the desk) because GameStop is told to gut them.

I wouldn't know about the last years sale just saying cus i read that from some people. And my gamestop has tons of "new" games on the shelves that are gutted and they try selling me them and to me its like whatever but im not buying a gutted game if i have to pay new price, if i wanted opened games i would buy used..

SORRY FOR RANTING lol.

Shall we not get on with this gutted copy BS please?

Depending on the store and the management they might gut some or ALL of their copies. Now if you don't want a gutted copy then don't buy it. If you do buy a gutted one, make sure to get it sealed so it's easier for you to return it later if need be.

I don't like the gutted game policy, trust me. I make sure my stuff is sealed and I explain to people if I have to sell them the gut our procedures with it. If you really want a sealed on have them get you one. It is possible.

Want this changed? Don't rant about it here. Call corporate and rant to them. Talk to your stores SM, DM, RM and everyone you can think of. Do the web surveys and the phone calls. It's not the people behind the counter who decide what happens in the store and the policies, its the people behind a desk in Texas. And they listen to you more than they do us.

Well he is suggesting to buy them now if they will let you return/rebuy. I don't think they gut them for the sale until they're actually put out on the floor. Not a bad list. Still hoping for better deals though.

NOOO! I was hoping the $25 Call of Duty would be an amazing 50% off WaW or 4 but its probably gonna be damn 3. I lost all hope for this sale. :(

[quote name='ninja dog']WOW Gamestop sells gutted new games? No fucking wai! I did not know this. this is the greatest injustice ever, it will not stand.[/QUOTE]
Sorry but its kinda hard to verify Internet sarcasm. That or you have been hiding under a rock for a long time

[quote name='ninja dog']WOW Gamestop sells gutted new games? No fucking wai! I did not know this. this is the greatest injustice ever, it will not stand.[/quote]

PW-Objection01.jpg

I am going to every gamestop in town tomorrow and kickign down all their magazine rakcs and covering all their employees with glitter until this wrong is righted also I will write a 10 page long blog post about the story, complete with fake dialogue to make me look super smart and the employee really dumb

"Oh, so like, this is new? but its not sealed"
"Yeah, we take them out of the package sometimes, but it hasn't been played"
"Why isn't it sold as used then"
"it's a new copy of the game, it's just missing cellophane"
"AHAH! but if it doesn't have cellophane, it's used! I can tell from the missing cellophane and from having seen many new games in my time"
"Sir, you're yelling and scaring the children in the store. Please just buy the game or leave. and for god's sake, change out of that stained Pikachu shirt and put on some deodorant."

Nah, that doesn't sound like "authentic" fake dialogue between a GS employee and irate CAG customer. The employee doesn't sound like he just had a lobotomy performed on him.

[quote name='TimDJ84']As far as Target or Kmart being better places to pick up games,well that may be true for you.However,in St.Louis the Targets and kmarts suck,Sears as well.I am not sure if people are just grabbing up all the product,which I think is probably true if the traffic I see at GS is any sort of measuring stick,or if the stores themselves never put anything out.My Target and the clearance has items such as mousepads and c cases,not games.Kmart,shoot I am lucky if they have PS3 games,and Sears has the same crap I can get anywhere else.I am looking forward to this sale at GS for sure and the manager confirmed that everything will be gutted and stores are supposed to gut them.Great experiences at all but 2 gamestops here though...so hoping against hope here for some decent buys.[/quote]

You think your Kmart sucks.... how about a :360:Guitar Hero 2 guitar bundle priced at $98.xx?

Yes, I took it to the price scanner because I couldn't believe that it's still tagged at $98.xx.

Both of the stores near me gut all their games, I don't think there is a sealed game left in either store, unless you have a preorder for a new release that they will have tons of copies of. They had 5+ copies of some Wii games on a rack and they were all gutted, every single one, complete with stickers plastered all over the cases. They also put out multiple boxes of each game, and yes they are all gutted, instead of putting one game on the shelf and leaving the rest behind the counter sealed.

I have done many web surveys and I know its redundant but the point is an opened game holds less value as soon as the shrinkwrap is removed regardless if its been played or not. Re-shrinkwrapping with cheap wrap will not cut it either, then its considered re-sealed.

Ive pretty much gone online only for my video game purchases, and most other purchases as well, aside from food, toiletries and the very occasional clothing purchase that I make. Retail is just doing nothing to get me in the door, and there are very few products in the stores that I actually want to buy at the price they are selling them at, there is just nothing that really interests me in retail stores. I have a friend in Japan that I need to pay for a major purchase of stuff, and yard sale season is quickly approaching.

[quote name='ninja dog']I am going to every gamestop in town tomorrow and kickign down all their magazine rakcs and covering all their employees with glitter until this wrong is righted also I will write a 10 page long blog post about the story, complete with fake dialogue to make me look super smart and the employee really dumb

"Oh, so like, this is new? but its not sealed"
"Yeah, we take them out of the package sometimes, but it hasn't been played"
"Why isn't it sold as used then"
"it's a new copy of the game, it's just missing cellophane"
"AHAH! but if it doesn't have cellophane, it's used! I can tell from the missing cellophane and from having seen many new games in my time"
"Sir, you're yelling and scaring the children in the store. Please just buy the game or leave. and for god's sake, change out of that stained Pikachu shirt and put on some deodorant."[/quote]

Haha, don't forget the part where you "laughed in their face and walked away", that's a staple of exaggerated stories.

All the guys at our gamestop are quiet, they never make a peep. It's always dead. No more then 2 or 3 people in the store. Especially weekdays.

Now the one in the mall, that place is so crowded you can't even breath.

I know people are on me for bringing up the gutted games thing, but, I really don't understand why... I live in a small town, the nearest GameStop gets pretty busy, but I really don't see how anyone around here would steal video games. And like SaraAB said, why not just gut one copy and leave the rest sealed behind the counter?

Hell, the store is so small, nobody should be able to swipe something and walk out without being noticed if the GameStop employees were professional and didn't stare at the big breasted womens chests or disappear into the back room all the time to smoke pot. I went there one day and I literally was sitting at the front desk waiting for an employee for atleast 5 minutes.

So, if they do their jobs, in such a small closet sized store, then nobody will swipe any games, and thus they wont have to gut them all.

Wait, that is why they gut them right? to prevent theft? Or is it some other reason like a way to display them all? why not just display a few...I really don't get it. To me it makes no sense. My GameStop has these shelves full of gutted games, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, every game...every copy...gutted. LIMITED EDITIONS...COLLECTORS EDITIONS...GUTTED. Only way to get a sealed game is if you get there on the games release day.

Sorry for bringing all this up again. I'm young and just haven't had my own money to shop for long so now that I do I'm seeing this as a really stupid policy.

But feel free to delete any of my posts if I'm cluttering the thread or anything, just trying to add my 2 cents I guess.

I remember years ago when they sold vintage game stuff for like 2 or 3 years, they had this big big binder with lists of games and the price.

you would look through it and tell them what games you want. I remember skimming through it for hours

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I know people are on me for bringing up the gutted games thing, but, I really don't understand why... I live in a small town, the nearest GameStop gets pretty busy, but I really don't see how anyone around here would steal video games. And like SaraAB said, why not just gut one copy and leave the rest sealed behind the counter?

Hell, the store is so small, nobody should be able to swipe something and walk out without being noticed if the GameStop employees were professional and didn't stare at the big breasted womens chests or disappear into the back room all the time to smoke pot. I went there one day and I literally was sitting at the front desk waiting for an employee for atleast 5 minutes.

So, if they do their jobs, in such a small closet sized store, then nobody will swipe any games, and thus they wont have to gut them all.

Wait, that is why they gut them right? to prevent theft? Or is it some other reason like a way to display them all? why not just display a few...I really don't get it. To me it makes no sense. My GameStop has these shelves full of gutted games, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, every game...every copy...gutted. LIMITED EDITIONS...COLLECTORS EDITIONS...GUTTED. Only way to get a sealed game is if you get there on the games release day.

Sorry for bringing all this up again. I'm young and just haven't had my own money to shop for long so now that I do I'm seeing this as a really stupid policy.

But feel free to delete any of my posts if I'm cluttering the thread or anything, just trying to add my 2 cents I guess.[/QUOTE]

No your post is fine, I am not sure if its just a certain region, but the gutting of every copy seems to be a very recent thing over here, within the past few months. Before there was no problem getting a sealed copy as long as they had more than one in stock. But even when I look on that shelf in the back where they keep games, every copy of every game is gutted. They had 2 copies of game x, and both would be gutted, then there would be another one on the customer shelves, also gutted. There was a rack of Wii games with 5+ copies of the game Fishing Master World Tour (one that I want to purchase), all gutted. There are very few, if any that are sealed. Not to mention all of these games are plastered with stickers, some games have 4-5 various stickers on them, right on the case too, not on the shrinkwrap. The plastering games with stickers, gutted games, and raising the price on the edge card (it used to be 5$, now its 15$ with a crappy magazine) are the 3 main reasons that keep me out of gamestop.

I actually didn't care if they gutted games before, because before it really was because they only had one copy and needed to put the box on the rack. But now its clear that they are gutting every game, at least in my area which is inexcuseable. I would also seldom end up with a gutted game, maybe once a year if that, even though I would make many purchases at the store. Now you have a 99.9% chance of getting a gutted copy.

The stores here have definitely gotten busier, with most of the customers being uninformed Wii game buyers. Its obvious to me that they don't need the hardcore gamer like me as a buyer, and I can buy my games elsewhere for less money 90% of the time. Even though this company has gone downhill so much, their stores seem to be getting busier.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']And like SaraAB said, why not just gut one copy and leave the rest sealed behind the counter?[/quote]

Most stores do. It seems completely random as to whether or not stores open a lot of copies of games. I would say over the last few years, I have bought about 30 or so new games from GameStop...most of them not being around release day...and I have only been offered an opened copy 3 or 4 times.

These are poorly-paid, hourly retail employees. They stink at all stores, not just at GameStop.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Most stores do. It seems completely random as to whether or not stores open a lot of copies of games. I would say over the last few years, I have bought about 30 or so new games from GameStop...most of them not being around release day...and I have only been offered an opened copy 3 or 4 times.

These are poorly-paid, hourly retail employees. They stink at all stores, not just at GameStop.[/quote]

Lol. true on both I suppose haha.

All I can say is I think this is a bad trend, I personally like GameStop and probably 60 percent of my gaming needs is made through them (mostly because its the closest store to me that sells games and I don't have a car, or a credit card to order online besides my rechargeable AMEX so I only very rarely shop online).

But I guess they have their reasons, and the simple answer I've recieved from some saying "you don't actually have to buy it..." is a good enough answer. I just feel pressured at times, especially pressured when I look online and see "NEW COPY IN STOCK" and I go down there and they hand me a gutted copy, it pisses me off inside, but I'm actually pretty cool with the employees and I really hate to say no, more so because I do want the friggin game that I had to beg my mom or girlfriend to drive me to GameStop to get (and you know I really want the game when I offer my gf money to drive me to buy a game), and it ends up being gutted, and I happen to take really good care and pride in my game collection, and I just dont feel like buying gutted, it doesnt have that new game smell.

Okay I'm not gonna post big books in here any more sorry lol :whistle2:#

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Lol. true on both I suppose haha.

All I can say is I think this is a bad trend, I personally like GameStop and probably 60 percent of my gaming needs is made through them (mostly because its the closest store to me that sells games and I don't have a car, or a credit card to order online besides my rechargeable AMEX so I only very rarely shop online).

But I guess they have their reasons, and the simple answer I've recieved from some saying "you don't actually have to buy it..." is a good enough answer. I just feel pressured at times, especially pressured when I look online and see "NEW COPY IN STOCK" and I go down there and they hand me a gutted copy, it pisses me off inside, but I'm actually pretty cool with the employees and I really hate to say no, more so because I do want the friggin game that I had to beg my mom or girlfriend to drive me to GameStop to get (and you know I really want the game when I offer my gf money to drive me to buy a game), and it ends up being gutted, and I happen to take really good care and pride in my game collection, and I just dont feel like buying gutted, it doesnt have that new game smell.

Okay I'm not gonna post big books in here any more sorry lol :whistle2:#[/quote]

You know, you could call the store beforehand to ask if it's gutted. I've called a few stores asking about a certain game and they told me it was gutted when I asked. One even told me right away before I even had the chance to ask. If you do this, it looks like it'd save you a lot of time, trouble, and heartache.

[quote name='Mugen Power']You know, you could call the store beforehand to ask if it's gutted. I've called a few stores asking about a certain game and they told me it was gutted when I asked. One even told me right away before I even had the chance to ask. If you do this, it looks like it'd save you a lot of time, trouble, and heartache.[/quote]

A member on here found a Gamestop store that carried Phoenix Wright brand new when it was still rare and worth a ton of money sealed. He called to make sure it was sealed (since it was like an hour drive or something) and they said it was not gutted or opened or anything. When he got there it was indeed a gutted copy.

[quote name='jonathanp']You think your Kmart sucks.... how about a :360:Guitar Hero 2 guitar bundle priced at $98.xx?

Yes, I took it to the price scanner because I couldn't believe that it's still tagged at $98.xx.[/quote]

Oh yeah, how about an MLB 2004 for Xbox still at $49.99????:roll:

So im trying to figure out how the thread about the gamedays sale somehow gets derailed into a bitchfest about gutted games?

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to a more definitive and detailed list, well at least as far as 360 and PS3 games.

Oh, and thanks to those of you that have taken the time and effort to let us know what you have been able to find out so far.

[quote name='Rozz']A member on here found a Gamestop store that carried Phoenix Wright brand new when it was still rare and worth a ton of money sealed. He called to make sure it was sealed (since it was like an hour drive or something) and they said it was not gutted or opened or anything. When he got there it was indeed a gutted copy.[/quote]

Well, then it sucks that he got burned. In any case, it doesn't take much effort on the guy above's part to give them a call. Who knows, he might actually get honest answers that could save him a trip.

Gamestop employees will do anything to get a sale, so I would not be surprised if they gave out wrong information over the phone on purpose just to get customers into their store, especially if it was slow. Even if they get you into their store and you don't buy the gutted game, they are hoping you will buy something else because you made the trip there. Companies do this all the time, most retailers will do anything to get you into their store nowadays.

[quote name='SaraAB']I actually didn't care if they gutted games before, because before it really was because they only had one copy and needed to put the box on the rack. But now its clear that they are gutting every game, at least in my area which is inexcuseable. I would also seldom end up with a gutted game, maybe once a year if that, even though I would make many purchases at the store. Now you have a 99.9% chance of getting a gutted copy.[/quote]

Heh, I'm basically just going through the motions everytime I go to GameStop now.

Me: "Hey do you guys have a sealed copy of this game?"
GameStop: "No."
Me: "Kay, bye."

I'm pretty sure they've never had a sealed copy of a game I want that's more then a week old in all the time I've shopped there.

[quote name='panamared']Oh yeah, how about an MLB 2004 for Xbox still at $49.99????:roll:[/quote]

I spit up orange soda on my keyboard...oh Kmart never change.

i would like the last 10 minutes of my life back, the last 12 post were worthless, except for the one that spit up orange soda. could we get back on track and start bitching about the list

I'm wondering how long I'd have to wait to get any of these games cheaper than the gamedays price, even if it was used instead.

[quote name='camelking6969']i would like the last 10 minutes of my life back, the last 12 post were worthless, except for the one that spit up orange soda. could we get back on track and start bitching about the list[/quote]

Well, there is not much to bitch about.

There is no definitive list of games, and the games we might know about sucks for the most part.

Stuntman Ignition 360 for $10 would be a buy for me and that's about it.

C'mon, GameStop! You want people to shop at your store during a recession, you gotta pull the stops out. Wow us!

told on the conference call this morning that the sale list would be coming down in sundays marketing kit. expect a list between friday or monday.

also, pretty sure Persona 3 (not fes) will be part of gamedays as part of the big rpgs for ps2 they do every year for gamedays. usually 29.99, im guessing the sale price will be around 20

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I spit up orange soda on my keyboard...oh Kmart never change.[/quote]
Who loves orange soda? Kel loves orange soda. Is it true? I do I do I dooooo-oooooh!
Sorry, couldn't resist :p

[quote name='SaraAB']No your post is fine, I am not sure if its just a certain region, but the gutting of every copy seems to be a very recent thing over here, within the past few months. Before there was no problem getting a sealed copy as long as they had more than one in stock. But even when I look on that shelf in the back where they keep games, every copy of every game is gutted. They had 2 copies of game x, and both would be gutted, then there would be another one on the customer shelves, also gutted. There was a rack of Wii games with 5+ copies of the game Fishing Master World Tour (one that I want to purchase), all gutted. There are very few, if any that are sealed.[/quote]Your store sucks. At my store, big titles will get 3-6 guts for the new release section, only if we didn't have cover art sent to us before the game came out. Gutting more than one copy of a game blows, it's so much easier when somebody comes up with a gut to grab a sealed copy and put the gut right back out, that way we don't have to re-alphabetize the whole section.

[quote name='SaraAB']Not to mention all of these games are plastered with stickers, some games have 4-5 various stickers on them, right on the case too, not on the shrinkwrap.[/quote]What stickers get plastered on cases? I haven't seen stickers on games in a few years, the only games that have them anymore are used games from the GameDays sales, or from EB Games. EB was notorious for that shit, with their big yellow trade stickers that were impossible to remove. GameStop's stickers rule, they're EASY to peel off and if you go to a store where the employees aren't idiots they keep the stickers on the paper in the spines so they slide right out. If everyone here hates stickers so much, maybe you should just preorder the game and guarantee a sealed copy.

[quote name='SaraAB']The plastering games with stickers, gutted games, and raising the price on the edge card (it used to be 5$, now its 15$ with a crappy magazine) are the 3 main reasons that keep me out of gamestop.[/quote]$15, boo-fucking-hoo. My Edge card saves me that much in a month. I'll argue GI is currently the best gaming magazine, how many exclusive reveals has it gotten so far this year? I'm sorry you don't poop, and hate the thrill of opening your mailbox to find exclusive info on Uncharted 2, God of War 3, or Bioshock 2.

[quote name='SaraAB']Gamestop employees will do anything to get a sale, so I would not be surprised if they gave out wrong information over the phone on purpose just to get customers into their store, especially if it was slow. Even if they get you into their store and you don't buy the gutted game, they are hoping you will buy something else because you made the trip there. Companies do this all the time, most retailers will do anything to get you into their store nowadays.[/quote]fuck that noise, the last thing I want is a customer in my store bitching at me because I lied to them over the phone. If I don't have what they're looking for, I give them the number to another store, simple as that. And as for reserves and sales, the worst you'll see is offering a free shirt for a pre-order, or offering the cheaper used version as an alternative to the new version.

I really hope XBX 360 Namco Museum Virtual Arcade is going to be on the list of games.
Having most of the games in the collection already, makes it kind of difficult to spend $30, but for less than $15 seems worth it.

[quote name='TimPV3']I'll argue GI is currently the best gaming magazine[/quote]
Against who? Pretty much all of the good ones are gone by now due to the fact that they didn't slap 100 ads every 2 pages like GI does. :\

Hell, all GI is really good for is for being informant on upcoming things. That's about it. They suck at editorials and reviews as they don't want to upset advertisers too bad so as not to lose money from ads being pulled.

[quote name='TimPV3']If everyone here hates stickers so much, maybe you should just preorder the game and guarantee a sealed copy.
[/quote]

Spoken like a true GS employee

Since when do customers HAVE to preorder something to get it in the same condition you would at best buy, target, ect.

Gamestop sucks for sealed games but their used games %off coupons plus 10% edge is not bad at all.

Gs is not a bad place if you use the stores wisely and by wisely never preordering, only trading in when there is extra trade in credit, and buying used games with % off plus edge or some good deal like that.

Another thing, why the fuck do you gs employees put on the protection plan on the used games without asking me??? Its only a 1 buck but ask me don't just put it on. This has happened twice now and twice i ve called them out on it (different stores btw).

[quote name='drtacooujou']told on the conference call this morning that the sale list would be coming down in sundays marketing kit. expect a list between friday or monday.

also, pretty sure Persona 3 (not fes) will be part of gamedays as part of the big rpgs for ps2 they do every year for gamedays. usually 29.99, im guessing the sale price will be around 20[/quote]

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

GI is decent, I liked it better when thy had "additional 10% off used games" coupons. Unfortunately most of cover stories are discussed on Joystiq a week before I get the issue. By that I mean Joystiq advertises the issue by saying what is on the cover about a week before I get the actual issue.

It was also better when it was 10 issues - 10% off - $10. Now it is 12 issues - 10% off - $15.

[quote name='TimPV3']Your store sucks. At my store, big titles will get 3-6 guts for the new release section, only if we didn't have cover art sent to us before the game came out. Gutting more than one copy of a game blows, it's so much easier when somebody comes up with a gut to grab a sealed copy and put the gut right back out, that way we don't have to re-alphabetize the whole section.

What stickers get plastered on cases? I haven't seen stickers on games in a few years, the only games that have them anymore are used games from the GameDays sales, or from EB Games. EB was notorious for that shit, with their big yellow trade stickers that were impossible to remove. GameStop's stickers rule, they're EASY to peel off and if you go to a store where the employees aren't idiots they keep the stickers on the paper in the spines so they slide right out. If everyone here hates stickers so much, maybe you should just preorder the game and guarantee a sealed copy.

$15, boo-fucking-hoo. My Edge card saves me that much in a month. I'll argue GI is currently the best gaming magazine, how many exclusive reveals has it gotten so far this year? I'm sorry you don't poop, and hate the thrill of opening your mailbox to find exclusive info on Uncharted 2, God of War 3, or Bioshock 2.

fuck that noise, the last thing I want is a customer in my store bitching at me because I lied to them over the phone. If I don't have what they're looking for, I give them the number to another store, simple as that. And as for reserves and sales, the worst you'll see is offering a free shirt for a pre-order, or offering the cheaper used version as an alternative to the new version.[/quote]

lulz, I think we have our new Gamestop employee spokes-hole. I really miss that last guy, though, the manager who went around telling people here they didn't deserve Gamestop because "real gamerz appreciate Gamestop".

Judging by your post, that's some good Kool-Aid they got going on over there.

Though I do agree about the Edge card comment - Sara, you can still get an Edge card for $2 via the old mail in form. Easily one of the best ongoing deals around.

[quote name='s2k']Another thing, why the fuck do you gs employees put on the protection plan on the used games without asking me??? Its only a 1 buck but ask me don't just put it on. This has happened twice now and twice i ve called them out on it (different stores btw).[/quote]

Er, they can't do that. Call the DM next time or use TellGamestop.com.

"What stickers get plastered on cases? I haven't seen stickers on games in a few years, the only games that have them anymore are used games from the GameDays sales, or from EB Games. EB was notorious for that shit, with their big yellow trade stickers that were impossible to remove. GameStop's stickers rule, they're EASY to peel off and if you go to a store where the employees aren't idiots they keep the stickers on the paper in the spines so they slide right out. If everyone here hates stickers so much, maybe you should just preorder the game and guarantee a sealed copy."

every item in the store has stickers on them, the gutted new copies have stickers right on the case, just as the used copies do.

[quote name='Porksta']GI is decent, I liked it better when thy had "additional 10% off used games" coupons. Unfortunately most of cover stories are discussed on Joystiq a week before I get the issue. By that I mean Joystiq advertises the issue by saying what is on the cover about a week before I get the actual issue.[/quote]
Yeah, this. Maybe it's where I am, but everything covered in GI gets covered by all the top news sites before I even get a hold of my issues. Mine don't even come in until the middle or near end of the month (and I don't mean the issues meant for the following month, either).

It's been a LONG time since they actually threw GI subscribers a bone for having paid $15 for the card and subscription. The Game Days coupon is probably the first I've seen a coupon with the magazine in almost an entire year. The only other time I can think of when they included a coupon was for last year's Game Days sale.

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, this. Maybe it's where I am, but everything covered in GI gets covered by all the top news sites before I even get a hold of my issues. Mine don't even come in until the middle or near end of the month (and I don't mean the issues meant for the following month, either).

It's been a LONG time since they actually threw GI subscribers a bone for having paid $15 for the card and subscription. The Game Days coupon is probably the first I've seen a coupon with the magazine in almost an entire year. The only other time I can think of when they included a coupon was for last year's Game Days sale.[/quote]

Yes, it has been awhile since the last coupon in GI. I remember they used to put in extra trade in credit or save xx% of used games. Or even B2G1 on used games ONLY for GI members. Not anymore. Cheap bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back