Gamestop - Gameday Sale Begins March 26th

[quote name='momouchi']Actually, most games get put on the shelf at a higher price after the sale is done.[/QUOTE]
Very rare occasions. Usually when that happens they just sale the game for the higher used price. A few years back when Gamestop started having copies of games like Guitaro Man and Rez in stock used all over the place was a prime example of the same practice. Those copies would always be sent in from the warehouse and just simply be brand new copies (probably reprints) that were opened up and stickered as used because those games were both under $20 in the computer for new copies, but used they were around $40-$50 at the time.

Gamestop, is and always will be a shady company when it comes to selling opened and played copies of games at the new retail price.

[quote name='orbit18']is this on new games? Like can i get god of war 3 and mass effect 2 and some other new game for free?[/QUOTE]

Get Heavy Rain.

What are these predictions I've been reading based on ? Just personal preferences or has a amazon gold box type list of hints been released ? If is just hopeful thinking let me add to the discussion predicting lots of recently released $9.99 titles. :)

I have not heard about this gameday sale before (or maybe I dont remember, too much stuff going on)

my guess is all of the games that are going to (or just got) GOTY or editions with DLC.

RE5 * RE5 gold is coming out
Halo wars, Fable2, maybe Fallout 3.

other then that shovel software. BARBIE DREAMHORSE ROUNDUP FOR $10!!!! YAY

my biggest hope is for B2G1 and that borderlands drops $10 before they have it. (stop buying so many copies so it will price-drop plz :()

I remember last year that the games were not that popular of games so I would not get my hopes up over a deal on games like Heavy Rain or Mass Effect 2. I think you could expect games that are older. Although I maybe wrong, Im just going off of last years game choices.

Last year i remember i picked up Aerosmith for the 360 at $10, Juiced 2 for the 360 at $15, Mario and Sonic at the Olympiic games for the ds at $20, Civilzation Revoultion for the ds at $15 and some pc game for like $10

[quote name='orbit18']is this on new games? Like can i get god of war 3 and mass effect 2 and some other new game for free?[/QUOTE]

Always a dumbass wanting to buy new games in the b2g1 every damn time it gets mentioned. I vote that from now on when some jackass asks this question they get a weeks suspension from the forum.

Some of you guys crack up up thinking that AAA titles will be included. Why the hell will they want to sell them at deep discounts when AAA games sell just on name recognition alone? It will be underperforming titles from third parties like it always is every year.

[quote name='lordopus99']13 pages and still no official information.. ;)

coaz, the speculation is just based on their last years' sale.[/QUOTE]

That's because no official information gets released until roughly one week before the sale begins. That's because Gamestop doesn't want their competitors to get a wif of their shit. If you read the entire thread you would know that.

I have a question about this sale...Do stores price match? I don't like that they sticker everything...It would be nice if stores like walmart, target, and best buy would match the prices...I wouldn't mind picking up a few copies of uncharted 2 for that price....Also, does this sale valid for the online GS store? Please answer if anybody knows :). Thanx OP for the heads up....I'm going to mark my calendar.

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles mark down please! Been wanting to try it, but won't pay $50! That or Aliens VS Predator would be nice!

It would be nice to see Metal Gear Solid IV for $20 again and maybe Yakuza 3 for cheaper than retail. I would also like Star Wars Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition and Sonic Classic Collection lowered.

Sonic Classic Collection would be nice, been debating for a while whether want to spend 20 on it or not.

[quote name='ck76']Sonic Classic Collection would be nice, been debating for a while whether want to spend 20 on it or not.[/QUOTE]

Worth every penny just for the Phantasy Star and Shining Force games. It's an awesome collection.

[quote name='karkyco']Worth every penny just for the Phantasy Star and Shining Force games. It's an awesome collection.[/QUOTE]

A good point, I am a bit of a cheap ass though. ;)

[quote name='maximus101']Some of you guys crack up up thinking that AAA titles will be included. Why the hell will they want to sell them at deep discounts when AAA games sell just on name recognition alone? It will be underperforming titles from third parties like it always is every year.[/QUOTE]

The only recent titles that may appear here are ones that kinda flopped in sales such as Dark Void, Dantes Inferno, Brutal Legend, The Sabateour, and maybe Bayonetta (even though it was amazing)

[quote name='ck76']Sonic Classic Collection would be nice, been debating for a while whether want to spend 20 on it or not.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='karkyco']Worth every penny just for the Phantasy Star and Shining Force games. It's an awesome collection.[/QUOTE]
seconded!

[quote name='ck76']A good point, I am a bit of a cheap ass though. ;)[/QUOTE]

best buy has it for $17.99 in next weeks ad. though not a huge price drop, it is worth it. you could buy it and keep it sealed to see if gamestop has it cheaper on this sale.

Are you talking about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? If you are, that game is awesome and I would highly recommend it. It's a great deal even for $20, notwithstanding the lack of lock-on for Sonic & Knuckles. ;;

Hoping for deals on Saboteur and Muramasa. Already have it, but I would expect Dead Space Extraction to be 10-15. (they are selling it for 20 now I think)

[quote name='Tsukento']Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is worth every penny. Ignore all the "BAAAAAAAW, NO LOCK ON" nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Damn right. Awesome collection and a great value. If it does end being part of this (definitely a likely suspect), anyone who doesn't pick it up and has any passing interest in retro gaming is a fool.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Damn right. Awesome collection and a great value. If it does end being part of this (definitely a likely suspect), anyone who doesn't pick it up and has any passing interest in retro gaming is a fool.[/QUOTE]

Except for when your interest lies in lock-on. Which is exactly where it should be.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Damn right. Awesome collection and a great value. If it does end being part of this (definitely a likely suspect), anyone who doesn't pick it up and has any passing interest in retro gaming is a fool.[/QUOTE]

I don't like that the games aren't in 4:3 with sidebars. Why are alot of retro games being windowbox instead of OAR?

[quote name='Geb']Are you talking about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? If you are, that game is awesome and I would highly recommend it. It's a great deal even for $20, notwithstanding the lack of lock-on for Sonic & Knuckles. ;;[/QUOTE]

All right, all right, I'll stop by tomorrow and check it out. :lol:

I get the excitement for this sale as the past 2 yrs have given us a few gems at good prices, but what really kills this sale for me is the gutted copies of almost every game on sale, you literally need to ask if they have any sealed copies because a gutted copied is like trying to sell a peeled banana as new. maybe its just me idk, i just feel like once that security sticker comes off its no longer new..

There are a good amount of poorly sold games that I would like to pick up on the cheap. The Saboteur comes to mind first, hopefully its part of the sale.

[quote name='ducci101']There are a good amount of poorly sold games that I would like to pick up on the cheap. The Saboteur comes to mind first, hopefully its part of the sale.[/QUOTE]
Wet's a similar one.

[quote name='kaydigi']I don't like that the games aren't in 4:3 with sidebars. Why are alot of retro games being windowbox instead of OAR?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That's even worse than the lack of lock-on.

Got it for 20 dollars, memories of early to mid 90s returning... :D

My b-day is a couple of weeks after the sale starts. I'm hoping there will be something good for the PSP or DS (possibly Wii) that I can ask my wife to get me. :D

[quote name='killer9']well the ps3 section of gamestop.com got a big influx of used games recently 258 up from just 27[/QUOTE]

finally. that PS3 section was just sad to look at before

[quote name='hooker with a wenis']Tomb Raider Underworld for under $10

:D

*hopes*[/QUOTE]

I was also hoping for a deal on TR:Underworld. Maybe a random (because they don't know any better) deal on the DLC code pack... XD

I have a question about this sale...Do other stores price match? I don't like that they sticker everything...It would be nice if stores like walmart, target, and best buy would match the prices...I wouldn't mind picking up a few copies of uncharted 2 for that price....Also, does this sale valid for the online GS store? Please answer if anybody knows . Thanx OP for the heads up....I'm going to mark my calendar.

[quote name='JoeBlo']Batman Arkham Asylum $15 + 60% + (25% for ordering GOW3)

I got $30 trade in credit.[/QUOTE]

Based on your math you got $30. That's 100% trade value bonus. Plus the 50% and 25% for GoW doesn't stack. I work at GS and they will not give you 85% more for a game. You more than likely got $24 for Batman not $30.

nah- it works that way. I've done that in the past. 15 + 60% (9) + 25% (3.75) = 27.75. Not quite 30, but damn close.

Funny thing is that next week, he could go in next week and cancel his pre-order and the credit wouldn't be adjusted.

[quote name='EarthKing']I have a question about this sale...Do other stores price match? I don't like that they sticker everything...It would be nice if stores like walmart, target, and best buy would match the prices...I wouldn't mind picking up a few copies of uncharted 2 for that price....Also, does this sale valid for the online GS store? Please answer if anybody knows . Thanx OP for the heads up....I'm going to mark my calendar.[/QUOTE]
I think last year people were getting price matches at Best Buy after all of the Bionic Commandos and SF4s disappeared.

I really hope this is true. I'm trying to create a backlog for this summer - I've currently got $89 GS credit and wanna blow it on a few older PS3/XB360 games like Red Faction: Guerrilla, Fable II, Fallout 3, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Halo Wars, Mass Effect, MLB 09: The Show, GoW Collection, etc.

Hopefully the sale starts on the 25th! /crosses fingers

Secretly hoping for :360: Saw for $19.99. It's currently $39.99, I believe, and I really don't think it's impossible to see Gamestop whacking 20 bucks off of an underperforming movie licensed game.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Hmm...was there every any proof that there will be a Gamersday sale? Like ad or something? Didn't see any on the first few pages.[/QUOTE]

No confirmation yet (games list and date of sale).

Just keep checking back.

bread's done
Back