Gamestop - Gameday Sale March 26th List

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Here is a Partial list of Games and Tenative Prices. Subject to change till Final Add goes to print Wed. Look for 10% Bonus coupon in April Game Informer very small compared to actual list of games

DS

Ben 10 :AFA - 14.99
COP:The Recruit - 19.99

PSP
Warhammer 40K Squad - 14.99
Worms 2 - 9.99

360 Assas 2 - 39.99
left for dead 2 39.99
quantum of Soalace 9.99 or 14.99

Wii
deal or no deal 14.99
foodnet worrk cooked - 29.99
kung fu panda - 14.99
rabids go home 19.99
res ev 4 - 14.99
res ev - umbrella 19.99
spider-man web of shadows - 14.99

PS3
Disgia 3 - 14.99
fallout 19.99
metal gear solid 19.99
saw - 19.99
shaun white 1 - 14.99

ps2
crash of titans - 14.99
crash mind over mutant -14.99
karoke rev american idol - 19.99
legend of spyro 14.99

LOTS of PSP movies 2.99-4.99
WAY MORE TO COME

[quote name='hostyl1']Well even MORE REALISTIC many of us have cheap GS credit from trade-ins/flips so even some of the new release deals arent as cheap as the used GS games. But we can get into minutiae all day.

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that if you're paying with store credit, you save on tax (at least in my area).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They don't have any.[/QUOTE]

Sad but true. I mean, how much did GS make in profit last year? Several billion, correct? Where you have Gamecrazy, FYE, etc. shutting down stores. Best Buy, Wal-Mart and TRU are relatively new/weak in the trade in and used department. Amazon's isn't exactly taking off either.

I just got the April issue of Gameinformer. Not sure if this was already mentioned, but there is no coupon for Gameday this time. There is only an ad for Gameday on the last page.

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']I just got the April issue of Gameinformer. Not sure if this was already mentioned, but there is no coupon for Gameday this time. There is only an ad for Gameday on the last page.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was going to ask if anyone got a coupon and I did'nt.

I'm not going to buy much at this sale... I'm getting God of War 3 and Conviction next month.

Might use the B2G1 to pick up some backlog games like Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank, and Final Fantasy (lol I doubt it'll be there). In the likely event that FF isn't there, may pick up Darksiders or Bioshock 2.

has it been confirmed that there will be a b2g1? oh and btw my local GS has a final fantasy used for 360 and ps3 as of late last night. So there is a chance it could be there.

[quote name='DragynFyre']has it been confirmed that there will be a b2g1? oh and btw my local GS has a final fantasy used for 360 and ps3 as of late last night. So there is a chance it could be there.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't been confirmed, but I highly doubt that they wouldn't do one. Every single true Gamestop sale in recent memory has had a B2G1. It would highly surprise me if they didn't have one.

That's cool about the FF used though. I'm hoping to pick it up for PS3 though (I'm just a traditionalist lol)

I'm guessing this years gameday sales are going to suck since that partial list doesn't look to appealing and that there was no coupon in GI this time. Bummer too because I have $140 in credit to spend.

Did they mark games up just to mark them down? I could of sworn I seen MGS4 new for $19.99 and used for $17.99 a week or two ago.

They don't really have any incentive to sell new games for cheap when they make 100 percent profit on their used games. That's why this sale is terrible - it's just a shallow attempt to get people into stores with the guise that they're offering amazing deals.

1st post

They dont have the full list out yet do they? Meh, all im looking at with from this list is MGS4 and Saw. And if they do have b2g1, i may end up just doing mgs4 that way

Anyone got a full list yet since it was supposed to go to print on Wednesday?

Or are we all just still salivating?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Pretty sure we're all just still salivating... I'm hoping for some band kits, though. I really need more music games in my life.[/QUOTE]

No band kits are going to be as good as the Target clearance deals.($62 Beatles RB LE & $50 Band Hero kit)

[quote name='Ktraze']hmm this supposed B2G1 sale does sound very enticing, when it it suppose to happen???[/QUOTE]

Usually occurs during or right before the Gamesday sale. Just keep a lookout online for it to pop up.

Hey folks, first time posting, but I've been lurking for a while. I've got a couple questions, even though I am sure I bought some games with the sale that was last year (I believe I got Bionic Commando, Trivial Pursuit, and Tomb Raider Underworld for $20 each). I'm trying to remember if I ever got anything from a B2G1 sale. My first question is, B2G1...that does refer to Buy Two, Get One Free correct? Not like Buy 2 Get a certain % off of the 3rd game? And my second question is...is B2G1 for new or used games...or both? I prefer new, and when I mean new, I mean sealed not gutted. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the good deals being listed. Like the rest of you on here, I'd love to see a discounted Borderlands or Bayonetta, something like that.

[quote name='Miada']Hey folks, first time posting, but I've been lurking for a while. I've got a couple questions, even though I am sure I bought some games with the sale that was last year (I believe I got Bionic Commando, Trivial Pursuit, and Tomb Raider Underworld for $20 each). I'm trying to remember if I ever got anything from a B2G1 sale. My first question is, B2G1...that does refer to Buy Two, Get One Free correct? Not like Buy 2 Get a certain % off of the 3rd game? And my second question is...is B2G1 for new or used games...or both? I prefer new, and when I mean new, I mean sealed not gutted. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the good deals being listed. Like the rest of you on here, I'd love to see a discounted Borderlands or Bayonetta, something like that.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the GS thread lol.

Yes Buy 2 get 1 free means just that, you buy 2, you get 1 absolutely free. B2G1 free is only for used.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They don't have any.[/QUOTE]

For used games? Half.com, amazon, ebay, craigslist
Not brick and mortar, but generally no sales tax and you get more than $5 off.

[quote name='garnettrules21']so if this b2g1 does happen would it be for used or new? what have they been in the past?[/QUOTE]

It's always on Gamecube systems. Buy 2 of them and get a 3rd free! You can even pick the colors!

[quote name='dabamus']No band kits are going to be as good as the Target clearance deals.($62 Beatles RB LE & $50 Band Hero kit)[/QUOTE]
My Target sold out of them too fast and I didn't get any, though. :(

So this is pretty much my only hope for a cheap band kit.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Sad but true. I mean, how much did GS make in profit last year? Several billion, correct? Where you have Gamecrazy, FYE, etc. shutting down stores. Best Buy, Wal-Mart and TRU are relatively new/weak in the trade in and used department. Amazon's isn't exactly taking off either.[/QUOTE]
Walmart sells 25% of all videogames.

[quote name='KnightofHearts']Walmart sells 25% of all videogames.[/QUOTE]

I believe his quote was referring to Wal-Mart's game trade-in program, not their direct sales.

Also, as far as I can tell, no B2G1F has been confirmed or even mentioned(yet). GS usually only runs B2G1 when they need profits to spike up, hence why so many were run in such short succession after Christmas before quarter ended. The gamedays sale for the past two years hasn't been run in collaboration with a b2g1 so I highly doubt they will this year. Also, Gamedays always runs for about a month or so non-stop, and B2G1 only happens on weekends, although occasionally it has been started as early as Wednesday or Thursday. This is just a good way to offload some older back stock and clear space.

[quote name='garnettrules21']so if this b2g1 does happen would it be for used or new? what have they been in the past?[/QUOTE]

When they do run it, B2g1 is always on used games/accessories.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monsta Mack']Sad but true. I mean, how much did GS make in profit last year? Several billion, correct? Where you have Gamecrazy, FYE, etc. shutting down stores. Best Buy, Wal-Mart and TRU are relatively new/weak in the trade in and used department. Amazon's isn't exactly taking off either.[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn I read this pretty much exact same quote in an article recently.

B2G1 has been opening weekend of the Gameday sale for at least the past two years, and it's ALWAYS been on used games.

[quote name='whywakeup']So that explains their terrible business practices .[/QUOTE]

Well... since they are one of the only ones left I wouldn't consider it 'terrible business'. I would consider it one of the better business models.

[quote name='jeremiahkd']Are GameDay deals in-store only? Or do they work online as well?[/QUOTE]

both online and in store.

So far the list doesn't look impressive. I guess the best thing about the gamedays sale this year is the b2g1

[quote name='moothemagiccow']For used games? Half.com, amazon, ebay, craigslist
Not brick and mortar, but generally no sales tax and you get more than $5 off.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. There have no competition. With the exception of Craigslist, you mentioned a bunch of online sources for used games. Online businesses will forever have one distinct disadvantage against stores...instant gratification. It's a powerful feeling, especially to the uneducated consumer. We like to buy a product and have it in our hands. Also, all of these online resources are also marketplaces, so even though you get guarantees as a buyer, you still might have to deal with the headache of a shady seller. And Craigslist is what it is. It's a good source for a bargain sometimes, but you are not always going to find what you want, and you might have to deal with some real creeps.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Well... since they are one of the only ones left I wouldn't consider it 'terrible business'. I would consider it one of the better business models.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure he was referring to some of their more criticized habits, like selling opened games as new and sneaking refurb fees in on trade-ins. But you are right. They have a good overall business model, and it works. What I always find funny is when people on this board say something like, "Well, they have to start giving more for trade-ins!" Well, no, they don't. They might have to in order to get YOUR business, but honestly, they really don't want our business, anyway. We are, for the most part, savvy consumers, and they aren't looking to get us in their store. We are not going to trade a game that sells for $20 online for a buck. We are not going to be dazzled by the used copies of Wii shovelware for $5 less than retail.

45,000+ views, 17 pages and < 2 weeks away and we still don't have a complete list of sale items OR a confirmation on the B2G1 free sale on used games.

GS FTW!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']45,000+ views, 17 pages and < 2 weeks away and we still don't have a complete list of sale items OR a confirmation on the B2G1 free sale on used games.

GS FTW![/QUOTE]
Gamestop always runs the B2G1 free on Used with the GameDay sale for at least the first and last week of the sale.

Disgaea 3 for $15 is about the only standout deal. Who cares about Assassin's Creed 2 for $40, especially when you can get it at Best Buy SEALED for $39 this week!

[quote name='Sigma']Gamestop always runs the B2G1 free on Used with the GameDay sale for at least the first and last week of the sale.

Disgaea 3 for $15 is about the only standout deal. Who cares about Assassin's Creed 2 for $40, especially when you can get it at Best Buy SEALED for $39 this week![/QUOTE]

That's what I've been reading. However, I went to a GS a few days back and they told me they do B2G1 free sales on used games only twice a year; since they recently had it, she told me they wouldn't expect another until summer.

But to rephrase what someone else said in this thread.. the typical CAGer is generally more up to snuff with GS's promotions than the actual employees.

[quote name='Virsago']The 14.99 price for :ps3: Disgaea 3 is for a used version or is it new?[/QUOTE]

Technically, it's a newsed copy you'd be getting, unless you specifically ask for a SEALED copy. Otherwise, you'll get a copy that comes out of a paper sleeve that has been manhandled by the employees with a case, artwork and manual that's been made grubby by the unwashed masses(namely soccer moms and their whiny fuckin' brats).:roll:

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']But to rephrase what someone else said in this thread.. the typical CAGer is generally more up to snuff with GS's promotions than the actual employees.[/QUOTE]

Haha yea. Case in point; today I called GS asking about the new Elite bundle posted on their website (I even said with Halo:ODST and Forza 2) and the CSR told me that they don't have any more and that they haven't for about a year. I suspect she confused it with the Halo/Fable bundle but even so...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Technically, it's a newsed copy you'd be getting, unless you specifically ask for a SEALED copy. Otherwise, you'll get a copy that comes out of a paper sleeve that has been manhandled by the employees with a case, artwork and manual that's been made grubby by the unwashed masses(namely soccer moms and their whiny fuckin' brats).:roll:[/QUOTE]

dont listen to this crybaby
just go today and buy a sealed copy.
buy a newused copy when teh sale starts and return that one with your 1st reciept
done, and with as little emo whiny crying as possible

[quote name='henrygonzalez']dont listen to this crybaby
just go today and buy a sealed copy.
buy a newused copy when teh sale starts and return that one with your 1st reciept
done, and with as little emo whiny crying as possible[/QUOTE]

But see, that deprives people who might want that game NOW of a copy, just so you can make sure you get a sealed copy. Mind you, I'm sure we've all done this at times, but it IS unfair to the normal shnooks who might wanna drop money on that game before the Gamedays sale.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But see, that deprives people who might want that game NOW of a copy, just so you can make sure you get a sealed copy. Mind you, I'm sure we've all done this at times, but it IS unfair to the normal shnooks who might wanna drop money on that game before the Gamedays sale.[/QUOTE]

stfu price mistake glitch hoarder

[quote name='henrygonzalez']stfu price mistake glitch hoarder[/QUOTE]

Something tells me you're not really a CAG 'newbie' at all.:lol: Hmmmmm I wonder what it could be causing that sneaking suspicion of mine?:roll: Welcome to my ignore list, 'newbie'.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess I can't resist a good argument.:D[/QUOTE]

Not really an argument. You just got called out on your hypocrisy...again.

[quote name='dino88']Not really an argument. You just got called out on your hypocrisy...again.[/QUOTE]

Again, as I always say, I never said I wasn't a hypocrite. I take advantage of glitches and sales and I hoard and I resell. I do everything that I do get a bit snippy at others for doing.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back