Gamestop Get extra $10 trade in 3 games

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
I looked but it hasnt been posted. I find that hard to believe so if it has been let me know.

According to Gamestop its three non sports, or wrestling, or demos and get game value plus $10 extra.

From what I heard, It will be ongoing through the 16th...I got 187.00 i store credit and some of them were old OLD sports games.

[quote name='xboxbatman']From what I heard, It will be ongoing through the 16th...I got 187.00 i store credit and some of them were old OLD sports games.[/QUOTE]

I got $145 for 12 games yesterday which I promptly spent on a DS.

This deal works for any non sports game, wrestling game, and demos, for PS2, GC, Xbox, and PSP, doesnt seem like the greatest deal in the world. But if you have extra crap laying around might as well jump on this.

[quote name='Snake2715']Well i am not sure I thought just current gen anyone else confirm?[/QUOTE]

XBox, PS2, Gamecube, and PSP

That's what's on the sign and I traded in at least one of each so I know those are the definetes. The thing is, I think they have to manually add the $10 so if you know a cashier or something they might help you out with some other tradeins. I dunno.

[quote name='stag8603']The trade 4 get 50% more was a better deal, but if you didn't hop on that you might as well do this.[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends on how much/ what you trade in.

I traded in 12 games that normally would have had a value of about $100 so basically this deal and the extra 40% would have given me pretty much the same.

The only thing is that you could combine the discount card on the 40% but I don't think you can on this one.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well, it depends on how much/ what you trade in.

I traded in 12 games that normally would have had a value of about $100 so basically this deal and the extra 40% would have given me pretty much the same.

The only thing is that you could combine the discount card on the 40% but I don't think you can on this one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I only had 5 games to rade in and a value card. So, for me, it ended up being a better deal.

Hi:

I actually did this over the weekend. Traded in 10 games and got $130 in credit. I put alot of stinkers in there too so I am more than happy to take the credit. Now I have $497 in credit for the xbox 360.

Kevin

Can I trade in Jampacks? Someone said demos...>_>; So can I trade in a Sealed ATV Offroad Fury 3 demo? Will it count?

[quote name='Farny']Can I trade in Jampacks? Someone said demos...>_>; So can I trade in a Sealed ATV Offroad Fury 3 demo? Will it count?[/QUOTE]

I blieve as said its NO demos..

How does Gamestop handle no cases or instructions?

I have never traded in at Gamestop but thought they still took these...

Had some stuff I was planning to get rid of, might as well take advantage of the deal right now. 2 questions though:

1. How much extra do you get if you use your GS card?

2. When does this deal end?

it doesn't stack with the card. it's suppose to be no sports games, no wrestling games, no demos, no multipacks (tetris/starwars ect..)

~b

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow, I can finally get rid of Midway Arcade Treasures v.2 and Starwars/Tetris[/QUOTE]

Those 2 are both eligible for trade in deals at EB Games . . . so they would get $12.50 each toward Nascar 2006 or $10 each toward Zelda.

i got an email saying ANY game..didnt have any restrictions, well..rather it didnt say anything about it...so...doing some trade ins this weekend :) + card (in case it wasnt clearedup)

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Does Gamestop accept disc only games?

Actually, does EB accept them as well?[/QUOTE]

Can anybody answer this question? I trade alot at EB and doubt they'd take 'em, but i'm not real sure. And I don't know about GS.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Does Gamestop accept disc only games?

Actually, does EB accept them as well?[/QUOTE]

GameStop definitely accepts disc-only games for the same amount of credit. I traded in a few the other day. Before doing so, I called 4 GameStops in different parts of the country to make sure this was a universal policy, and it appears to be.

When they say "Sports" does that include racing or extreme sports? I figure Amped is excluded, but is Rallisport Challenge excluded as well?

[quote name='illennium']GameStop definitely accepts disc-only games for the same amount of credit. I traded in a few the other day. Before doing so, I called 4 GameStops in different parts of the country to make sure this was a universal policy, and it appears to be.[/QUOTE]

I called mine and they said no manual fine.. But if you dont have an actual case then you get charged a $2 refurb fee. I dont know if she meant cover art or an actual plastic case.. I am guessing a plastic case is what she meant.

Maybe an old DVD case along with a print out from that cdcovers.cc website would be fine for these trade ins

edited for clarity

[quote name='encendido5']Maybe you can just use an old DVD case along with a print out from that cdcovers.cc website would be find for these trade ins[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did, I was missing the cover off Room Zoom so I just printed a cover with my color printer and stuck it in. If they notice that its printed just tell them you bought the game used at Gamestop and that was the cover it came with.

[quote name='Megaten']When they say "Sports" does that include racing or extreme sports? I figure Amped is excluded, but is Rallisport Challenge excluded as well?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I traded in a copy of Links 2004 with absolutely no problem whatsoever. I think when they say sports they mean the big 4 major sports like Football, Baseball, Hockey, and Basketball.

"sports" typically means nba, madden, fifa, and the like. wrestling means wrestling. I'll take most racing games. it is of course at the attending managers discreison so at some places you might have differnt opinons.

~b

Yea, I just got back and they had a real loose interpretation of the rule, so they let me use Rallisport and Amped. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='Snake2715']I called mine and they said no manul fine.. But if you dont have an actual case then you get charged a $2 refurb fee. I dont know if she meant cover art or an actual plastic case.. I am guessing a plastic case is what she meant.[/QUOTE]

I called my local Gamestop and asked them, and they said without manual is OK as is not having the original case. I was trading one PS2 and two xbox so I threw all three games into some crappy generic DVD cases and traded them in... That way I get to keep three good cases for future used games that I buy.

This works out well for those who buy used a lot and want their game cases to look good.

I'm pretty sure they define "sports games" as something that has a new version every year. Like Madden, NBA, etc. That's why they lump wrestling in there, too. They do this because old versions are just about worthless. A game like Top Spin or Amped 2 would fare better, though, because there aren't any newer versions.

I figured combine this with teh $9.99 preplayed Blockbuster 'white case' games and maybe even get BB;s buy 2 get 1 and really score!!

3 games for $19.98 guaranteed $10 trade in at Gamestop plus teh value...

Some people have reported getting God f War ec that go for $22 each trade in..

So figure $70 trade in off of $20 in purchases...

alright, im gonna do this 2day, i have $26 in credit with blockbuster...i might just use that up and buy some cheap ps2 /xbox.gc games..gamestop takes dvds too right?

Hi:

I've gotten over $315 and traded over 30 games over the last two weeks.

Most of the games I traded were very old and I even slipped in some sports games and they were accepted. I'm more than happy with the $10.50 trade in values.

Right now I have $785 in gamestop credit for the xbox 360.

My goal is to get over $1000 for the launch. I plan on taking another batch or two to get the last few hundred dollars. I asked the guy at gamespot said this would be going on another week or so.

Kevin

[quote name='Snake2715']According to Gamestop its three non sports, or wrestling, or demos and get game value plus $10 extra.[/QUOTE]

So the end result is I'd get $10 and change for my three games? :D What a bargain!

[quote name='PezRadar']This deal ends tonight btw.. so jump on it wihle u can.[/QUOTE]
fuck, are you serious? I guess that means I'm gonna miss it (don't have time to go tonight)

Alright, I may be able to go in tonight to trade some stuff in. But I have a few questions first:

(A) Is just disc and case, no manual, okay?
(B) Is it okay if the disc has a huge obnoxious MOVIE GALLERy sticker on it? :D
(C) Do they take GBA/DS games?
(D) Does it really end tonight? :(

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Alright, I may be able to go in tonight to trade some stuff in. But I have a few questions first:

(A) Is just disc and case, no manual, okay?
(B) Is it okay if the disc has a huge obnoxious MOVIE GALLERy sticker on it? :D
(C) Do they take GBA/DS games?
(D) Does it really end tonight? :([/QUOTE]
A-Yes
B-Yes
C-No
D-Yes

Thanks for the help. I just got back from trading the three worst (shitty games in shitty condition) games I had: Blinx, Mister Mosquito (mega scratched, no manual), and MK: Deadly Alliance (scratched, no manual, box is ripped), and got a free copy of Outrun 2. Awesome :D

I went back for another run yesterday with 6 games and got ~37 dollars. Picked up Phantom Brave, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and a couple of PS1 games (G Police, Heart of Darkness, and Shadow Madness). It's gonna suck if this deal is off now. I still haven't been able to do some crazy deal to build up fast credit for my 360 yet. Ah well, I'm sure another deal will pop up in the next few months (hopefully).

bread's done
Back