Gamestop "Give a Little, Get a Little" - Fathers Day Sale [Glitch is DEAD]

poker360

Banned
620x150_fdsale2.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=873&loc=homeflash1

The new "DEAL" (as said above) : Buy ANY new game and get 50% off on a game from the list.

******GLITCH IS NOW DEAD. THE ONLY WAY TO GET 50% OFF IS IF YOU BUY ONE OVER 39.99 AND THE SECOND ONE WILL BE 50% OFF.******

Gamestop is having the sale as shown above. It is currently GLITCHED where you can order one game $39.99 or more and automatically get 50% off! I ordered split second for $29.99 + tax. It says 3 free day shipping, but it didn't apply to my final order, so i used SAVER for free shipping. This is for the NEW version only.

Apparently you can add any game from the list (i think) and lets say for NSMB Wii... put in a small filler, and get the game for 50% off as well.

Games that you can get 50% off of without having to buy 2: (Price listed AFTER 50% discount)

:ps3: LBP Goty + $10.99 game - $25.98 --- ADD LBP GOTY to cart and any game priced $10.99 and it will be $25.98
:wii:NSMB Wii + $5.99 game - $23.48 --- ADD NSMB Wii to CART and any game priced $5.99. Total should come out to $23.48!!
:ps3:Madden NFL 10 - $29.99
:360:NFS: Shift - $19.99
:360::ps3:Split Second - $29.99
:ps3:MX Vs. ATV: Reflex - $19.99
:wii:You Shape w/ camera - $19.99
:wii:Sonic & Sega All Stars - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ev768']You should say that it's buy one get one 50% off.[/QUOTE]

It's not.

add split second to cart .. its 59.99 and will appear as 29.99

must be glitched!

It's only glitched for certain games $39.99 and up from the list that your link goes to. Otherwise, it doesn't seem to apply to any other items.

[quote name='sokari']It's only glitched for certain games -from that page you posted. Otherwise, it doesn't seem to apply to any other items.[/QUOTE]

Read OP

[quote name='poker360']It's not.

add split second to cart .. its 59.99 and will appear as 29.99

must be glitched![/QUOTE]

sold as all get out. thanks for the heads up on this - really wanted to play this game.

p.s. stacks with $10 coupons, picked it up for $21 after tax, saver and $10 coupon

to bad the only games of interest I already own (wario, mario, LBP)...split second just didnt do it for me. I can see it last 3 play sessions.

this is the cheapest i have seen split second for. Glad i passed it up last week at best buy. Hopefully people will stop bitching and for those who want something just enjoy a good deal ;)

great detective work though OP...on a side note, did anyone else get the feeling that most of those games aren't for dad, but for dads little ones? haha

[quote name='au7oma7ic']to bad the only games of interest I already own (wario, mario, LBP)...split second just didnt do it for me. I can see it last 3 play sessions.[/QUOTE]

None of those would've been 50% off anyway unless you bought a $39.99+ game.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']I can't get it to stack with a $10 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Same, tried 3 different codes multiple times, not sure how you got it to stack.. if you did :lol:

It doesn't stack with any of my $10-coupons either (going to get Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing).

[quote name='handsomepete']sold as all get out. thanks for the heads up on this - really wanted to play this game.

p.s. stacks with $10 coupons, picked it up for $21 after tax, saver and $10 coupon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hawaiiboy']I can't get it to stack with a $10 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Me neither.

[quote name='handsomepete']sold as all get out. thanks for the heads up on this - really wanted to play this game.

p.s. stacks with $10 coupons, picked it up for $21 after tax, saver and $10 coupon[/QUOTE]

the $10 promo codes aren't stacking for me

Huh. I tried applying a $20 coupon code I got a while back- it didn't seem to apply it. But when I tried to add a $10 coupon code to it, it worked just fine. Maybe it requires some refreshing?

Guys, you can't stack your 10$ coupon codes with any coupons like CAG16 or anything, so it will not stack with this.

edit: as soon as i say this, the guy above seems to get it to work :D

Very misleading thread title. But thanks for sharing.

Edit: Thanks for clarifying now.

[quote name='ajh2298']me neither[/QUOTE]

The $10 coupon is working for me, but the glitched 50% off isn't.
It's showing up as $49.99 (59.99-10) rather than 29.99 (59.99/2).

[quote name='dkl415']The $10 coupon is working for me, but the glitched 50% off isn't.
It's showing up as $49.99 (59.99-10) rather than 29.99 (59.99/2).[/QUOTE]

I believe whenever you use a different coupon (in this case $10 code), it cancels out the other offer.

[quote name='poker360']I believe whenever you use a different coupon (in this case $10 code), it cancels out the other offer.[/QUOTE]

True. But I was still hoping that it would work since this offer doesn't require a code. I figured it might have a chance, but I can't get it to work.

I'm still wondering how a few CAGs got the $10 code to stack...unless they got it with the intended deal and not the "glitched" one?

Sweet, thanks OP! I got it to stack with my $10 off coupon too. Bought Split/Second. Total came to $21.74! :D

[quote name='crr_1119']Sweet, thanks OP! I got it to stack with my $10 off coupon too. Bought Split/Second. Total came to $21.74! :D[/QUOTE]

Can you explain how you got it to work? Most of us have been unsuccessful and would like to know the trick!

It could be the source of the coupon code that's the deciding factor. For example, maybe coupon codes from the 10-30% off promotion may not work with this, but the ones from the Daily Deal a while back might. The $10 coupon code I got to work with this was a replacement one Gamestop sent me for a canceled order, so I would say those would probably work- but the replacement $20 coupon code I tried to use came in the same e-mail. :p So YMMV, I suppose. I can always post a screencap of my order, but someone will have to walk me through it. It never seems to work for me. :/

Thanks OP! Just ordered Split Second for PS3, I emailed Gamestop about my $20 code not working so I'll see how that goes, they credited me $10 back when I couldn't use my $10 code on AC2 for PS3, so I'm not worried.

[quote name='game addict']Can you explain how you got it to work? Most of us have been unsuccessful and would like to know the trick![/QUOTE]

There was really no trick to it, just simply put it in and $10 was removed from the total. I believe the code was the one that came with Red Dead Redemption.

Good luck in trying to get yours to stack!

I think I'm in for Split Second. Thanks OP.

edit: can't get any of my $10 codes to work either, but $30 is still ok to me.

[quote name='crr_1119']There was really no trick to it, just simply put it in and $10 was removed from the total. I believe the code was the one that came with Red Dead Redemption.

Good luck in trying to get yours to stack![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was just wondering if there was a way to do it. Sometimes there is a trick in getting promos to stack, like order of placement, refreshing, adding/deleting, etc. My codes are all from the 10-30% off deals, so it looks like those don't work.

anyway I think the $10 codes that came from certain deals work while ones from current ones may not (or something of the sort).

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Thanks OP! Just ordered Split Second for PS3, I emailed Gamestop about my $20 code not working so I'll see how that goes, they credited me $10 back when I couldn't use my $10 code on AC2 for PS3, so I'm not worried.[/QUOTE]

bad move. they might catch on to the glitch :bomb:

the coupons is more glitched then you think

Add

Sonic racing DS $29.99

Glory of Heracles - Nintendo DS 10.99 DS

total 25.98 WITH 10 buck gift card so 16 bucks for sonic racing + glory of heracles if you never ordered it before

That is very nice

YOU NEED TO SPEND 39.99 on anything (could be 2 20 buck games to get the 15 to pop up)

bread's done
Back