GameStop: Half Off Used Sports Games 8/1-8/2only

[quote name='solidsnake222']Man, missed MLB The Show 12...

Oh well, in for The Show 07 through 11 and Blitz: The League 2. Thanks OP!

Before discounts $58.94, after $33.94. I know it's a lot for sports games, but Blitz: The league 2 is kind of a rare find anymore, and it isn't too cheap to pick up on it's own. And, I've been wanting some cheap MLB The Show games. I may only play 11, but the rest will look good behind it in my collection :lol:[/QUOTE]

Does the Show 12 work in store? I thought someone in the first page or so said that it did not?

[quote name='likeme']I was able to get mario tennis 3D with the 50% off by showing the ad[/QUOTE]

New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS should count as a sports game. I mean, it has lots of running... and jumping... amIrite?

[quote name='morrodox']New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS should count as a sports game. I mean, it has lots of running... and jumping... amIrite?[/QUOTE]

same for cod games, it's like a world's reality game.

just came back from gamestop, and got ncaa 13 for $20.xx , you need manager override to get the discount of 50% off. i had to argue with the gs manager for over 15 minutes before he would do the override. it is ymmv, because they tried to deny me at first.

[quote name='YBX87']just came back from gamestop, and got ncaa 13 for $20.xx , you need manager override to get the discount of 50% off. i had to argue with the gs manager for over 15 minutes before he would do the override. it is ymmv, because they tried to deny me at first.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...sounds like an uniformed employee. I had no issues. Word was it will work tomorrow without override but tech support screwed up today.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hmmm...sounds like an uniformed employee. I had no issues. Word was it will work tomorrow without override but tech support screwed up today.[/QUOTE]

but the problem is with all the ppl trying to buy it today, there probably would not be any left. one gamestop i been to told me someone came into the store, and cleaned out all the mortal kombat ps vita, and ncaa 13 preowned, lOL

Yeah I called earlier to make sure I didn't get any dumb employee. At first she said it was only for Fifa and Madden but then she check the email GS sent them and she was able to override the price. Sucks that they was only a ps3 verison. Finally gave me a reason to go to GS and canceled my Racket and Clank collection preorder, too.

Overrides are the case. Every store received a packet this morning telling mgmt to override if necessary because prices won't catch.

I was initially denied but I was persistent, he looked and found the packet that was delivered on the counter, read it, said oh damn it says override here.

I got a few goodies today.

I got Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds for PS3 for half off ($15)

Hot Shots Tennis for PS2 ($2)

and of course, two copies of NCAA football for 360 ($20.XX)...both copies went to a different gamestop and after bump ups I got $37.20 for both. (10% discount card, and 30% more with purchase of used game)

Thanks CAG.

what's more worth it, tiger woods 09 for $3.60 or woods 12 for $12.50? i just want a casual fun golf game, i've read reviews saying 09 is better for that.

which madden do u think is the best value in the same sense? are any of the MLB ones worth it (i heard the hitting sucks)?

The employee (who also happened to be the manager) was pretty hesitant considering the game has a guaranteed TIV of $30 until August 8th. After checking the computer for about 5 minutes, he finally said hell with it and let me have it. However, I didn't get the $20.xx price. I just got the $22.xx which isn't anything to complain about. I'm just happy I got it. Sadly there was only one copy available or I would've bought another.

Will be picking up NCAA 13 for $22.50. That's amazing for a new sports game that just came out. And then I can get Madden 13 for free with the Sport Illustrated offer that will be coming soon this month. I love being a CAG.

I'm really hoping they don't sell my 2 copies I have reserved lol. GS isn't going to have any more used copies of this anywhere!

Won't be able to make it up there for another 4 hours or so.

I'm wondering if a buy nba 2k12 will 2k sports shutdown the servers when 2k13 comes out.

quick question, i want to pick up ncaa 2013 and i realize if you want to play online you need the online code which more than likely won't be included with a used copy. what if i don't intend to play online but just want to be able to download rosters etc, does this also require the online code?

[quote name='Rollobobo']I got a few goodies today.

I got Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds for PS3 for half off ($15)

Hot Shots Tennis for PS2 ($2)

and of course, two copies of NCAA football for 360 ($20.XX)...both copies went to a different gamestop and after bump ups I got $37.20 for both. (10% discount card, and 30% more with purchase of used game)

Thanks CAG.[/QUOTE]

nevermind I'm an idiiot :) carry on

Bought NCAA 13 for $20 then turned it around to best buy for $42.60. Going to price match arkham city goty and find some fillers.

[quote name='YBX87']lol, i won't wait for 4 hrs, cause when it comes to gamestop it is first come first serve[/QUOTE]

Even if I reserved my copy? Seems shady that they would send me a conformation email saying it will be help for up to 2 days, then sell it out from under me.

[quote name='havuk']quick question, i want to pick up ncaa 2013 and i realize if you want to play online you need the online code which more than likely won't be included with a used copy. what if i don't intend to play online but just want to be able to download rosters etc, does this also require the online code?[/QUOTE]

Think you'll be alright, but online codes can be had for less than $5 on ebay.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Hold on...so the gamestop trade in for NCAA 13 is 20 something?[/QUOTE]

Trade in at gamestop is $30. It's an advertised trade in price until like August 8th or something like that.

Picked up NCAA 13. The manger had no problems, as he knew the promo was going on. He even said that it was a surprisingly great deal.
I will probably play it for a while, then trade it to Best Buy to buy Madden 13.

Saint'sRow911;9847248 said:
Even if I reserved my copy? Seems shady that they would send me a conformation email saying it will be help for up to 2 days, then sell it out from under me.

Think you'll be alright, but online codes can be had for less than $5 on ebay.

Trade in at gamestop is $30. It's an advertised trade in price until like August 8th or something like that.

it is not my copy, if you want to take your chances. it is fine with me

[quote name='bgame2']Does the Show 12 work in store? I thought someone in the first page or so said that it did not?[/QUOTE] it sure does work. i just went. however they are sold out almost everywhere of ncaa 13 and mlb the show. i settled for mlb the show 11 since they told me 12 would need a 9.99$ online code but not 11. mlb the show 11 was only 9.98$ after the 50%.

Just got MLB the show 2010 and Madden 11 for 4 dollars each pretty sweet deal if you think you should have at least 1 of every sports game.

I had no problem with the cashier. He wasn't going to tell me they had a 50% off sports games, but I asked before I payd. He didn't try to denie me so I guess it's fine.

[quote name='Tsel']The employee (who also happened to be the manager) was pretty hesitant considering the game has a guaranteed TIV of $30 until August 8th. After checking the computer for about 5 minutes, he finally said hell with it and let me have it. However, I didn't get the $20.xx price. I just got the $22.xx which isn't anything to complain about. I'm just happy I got it. Sadly there was only one copy available or I would've bought another.[/QUOTE]

Thats weird I got mine for $20.25 after PUR. The employee was skeptical I'd get the sale to stack but when he overrode the price the 10% still applied. He scanned my PUR card before he did the override.

Note: I am normally not a Gamestop basher or hater -- I have had plenty of great experiences with the chain over the years, and some not so great. In any case:

Of course the idiots at the store I hate going to tried to deny me the price. I love how the employees randomly pull excuses out of their asses just to try to not give you the deal.

I walk in with 2 trades (Rabbids and Pilotwings 3DS) so he processes them. Asks if I want to pick something up today. Told him I had NCAA on hold. He gets it, rings it up. Of course the price doesn't drop, so I showed him the 50% off all pre-owned sports games promo flyer which was sitting on the counter next to us. He looks at it, looks at the price, and tells me he can't give me the 50% off. I ask why, he states because I did some trade-ins. (WTF?!) I notify him in a casual manner that it is a sports game, therefore I would like the 50% off price. His buddy comes over and says that there's nothing we can do, it only works on 2012 sports titles (again, WTF... lol). I asked him if they got an email stating it requires a promo code or override, so he goes and checks... sure enough, bingo. He punches in what needs to be punched in while his buddy tries to pressure me into buying the online pass and/or preordering one of the 8 gazillion titles available with AMAZING PREORDER BONUSES OMGZ!!!1

In the end I walked out with NCAA Football 13 for $9 and some change thanks to the trades, which I ended up getting an extra 30% on. So yeah, trades and the override will stack if you get a bumbling idiot at the register.

fuck. I reeeeally fucking hate going to that store.

Moore, OK GameStop can lick my sweaty sack. If you work there, you need to lay off the preordering peer pressure bullshit. There is a negative survey coming your way. End of rant.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']what's more worth it, tiger woods 09 for $3.60 or woods 12 for $12.50? i just want a casual fun golf game, i've read reviews saying 09 is better for that.

which madden do u think is the best value in the same sense? are any of the MLB ones worth it (i heard the hitting sucks)?[/QUOTE]

Here are my recommendations for casual sports games that you may want to buy.

MLB 2k11
NBA 2K11
Madden 10
Tiger Woods 10
NHL 10
NCAA Football 11
Fifa 11
All Pro Football 2K8
Top Spin 2
MLB 10 The Show if you have a PS3

Get all these games for xbox360 if you can, much better then PS3 (IMO)

any one near union square nyc go to the GS near park ave? if so can you punch that @#$ing manager in his face? he sucks soooooooo bad. wouldn't even turn around as he was stocking stuff behind the register just talked to me with his back turned. saw me in the glass reflection said "what do you want".... me NCAA 13... him "no" me mlb the show 12...him "no".... you cant even #$%ing turn around and talk to a customer? your the manager for christ sake! hes the same way every time. if i wasnt so lazy id call the GS HQ and complain.

anyone else know of this shmuck?

Trying to decide if I want to pick up Tiger Woods 13 or wait and see if Best Buy has it on sale before the @gamer coupon expires.

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']any one near union square nyc go to the GS near park ave? if so can you punch that @#$ing manager in his face? he sucks soooooooo bad. wouldn't even turn around as he was stocking stuff behind the register just talked to me with his back turned. saw me in the glass reflection said "what do you want".... me NCAA 13... him "no" me mlb the show 12...him "no".... you cant even #$%ing turn around and talk to a customer? your the manager for christ sake! hes the same way every time. if i wasnt so lazy id call the GS HQ and complain.

anyone else know of this shmuck?[/QUOTE]

Is this the one on the same block as Taco Bell, Wendy's, etc? Cause yeah, that guy is an ass. I was tweeting @Gamestop one day while I was waiting in line as he took care of customers.

[quote name='LordVila']Trying to decide if I want to pick up Tiger Woods 13 or wait and see if Best Buy has it on sale before the @gamer coupon expires.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about your BB, but the few around me have tons of copies of Tiger Woods 13. IMO they would be stupid not to drop the game to $20 or less with the coupon.

i settled for mlb the show 11 since they told me 12 would need a 9.99$ online code but not 11. mlb the show 11 was only 9.98$ after the 50%.
Actually, MLB the Show 12 comes with a free code for online play when purchased from GameStop.

Going to another GS to try to get Motorstorm: Apocolypse. Damn it, racing is a sport.

Edit: Finally got a GS to give me the 50%. Called up and asked them, they checked and said yes it does qualify, we'll keep it on hold for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gatorsfan35']Going to another GS to try to get Motorstorm: Apocolypse. Damn it, racing is a sport.[/QUOTE]

especially post-apocalyptic racing.

Just had my reservation come back as cancelled-- "sorry we couldn't find your rare AAA sports title."

Well I suppose I can try another one in the area but I can't stand that GS (similar to above story, called DM regarding these morons before-- charged a refurb fee on a trade in w/o notifying me).

At least I was already in the car driving to GS when I got notified...

[quote name='maxiell']Actually, MLB the Show 12 comes with a free code for online play when purchased from GameStop.[/QUOTE] even a used game? how does that work and how do you get the code if the one in the box is already used?

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']even a used game? how does that work and how do you get the code if the one in the box is already used?[/QUOTE]

One prints on the receipt if you buy it used.

As of fairly recently, GS has deals in place with some publishers to provide the online passes for the used games that need them. Last I heard they don't have ALL publishers yet, but were working on it.

I would assume it's a way for the publishers to get back some $ from GS, which turns out to be less profit off of us traders to GS. Sounds good to me! Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to pick up NCAA 13' for 50% off and I didn't even have to say anything to the employee - she actually brought it up.

[quote name='godsmack13']As of fairly recently, GS has deals in place with some publishers to provide the online passes for the games that need them. Last I heard they don't have ALL publishers yet, but were working on it.

I would assume it's a way for the publishers to get back some $ from GS, which turns out to be less profit off of us traders to GS. Sounds good to me! Lol.[/QUOTE]
You are right. I know they give passes for Starhawk and KOA also. Not sure what others.

[quote name='bgame2']Promo would not work on ANY sports game at my store.[/QUOTE]

GS employee incompetency levels reach an all time low. Even they are not aware of their speicals, not news breaking I know.

bread's done
Back