GameStop: Half Off Used Sports Games 8/1-8/2only

Hey guys, quick question.

Are there only certain racing games being discounted for 50% off? Or are all of them being discounted?

[quote name='derintrel']All right everybody that wants NCAA, it is now back online at gamestop. PS3 and Xbox both. Great deal[/QUOTE]

It says $45 online. will it automatically change to $22.50 at checkout?

[quote name='ItalianWeapons']It says $45 online. will it automatically change to $22.50 at checkout?[/QUOTE]
Remember to pick the pre-owned one, once you add it to cart you should see the discount.

[quote name='ItalianWeapons']It says $45 online. will it automatically change to $22.50 at checkout?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I did notice when I put one in my cart that it was charging tax on the price BEFORE the discount. That and shipping don't kill the deal but it does make it a little less great.

Just contacted one of my local Gamestops. They said Forza 4 was NOT included on the offer, only NASCAR. However, people on this forum have seed that Forza 4 has been discounted. What should I do?

[quote name='ItalianWeapons']Just contacted one of my local Gamestops. They said Forza 4 was NOT included on the offer, only NASCAR. However, people on this forum have seed that Forza 4 has been discounted. What should I do?[/QUOTE]

You're probably SOL. The promo wasn't working correctly yesterday and the discounts had to be manually applied. I was able to talk them into applying it to Forza since its mixed in with the "sports" games on GameStop.com, but if the promo has been fixed and registers properly in the system, there won't be much/any wiggle room.

[quote name='@FIF']You're probably SOL. The promo wasn't working correctly yesterday and the discounts had to be manually applied. I was able to talk them into applying it to Forza since its mixed in with the "sports" games on GameStop.com, but if the promo has been fixed and registers properly in the system, there won't be much/any wiggle room.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Maybe when i trade in my NCAA a week or so from now i'll use the credit to buy Forza New. Thanks for the reply

Just got Forza 4. Did not ring up half off, but the girl thought she read racing games do count, so she called her DM, who authorized the the override. Still sounding hit or miss for Forza.

NCAA Football 13 (PS3)- $20.24
NCAA Football 13 (360)- $20.24
NBA 2k12 (PS3)- $13.49
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (PS3)- $11.24
NCAA March Madness 2008 (PS3)- 1.34

The last one is just for fun, because I don't have a college basketball game. Everything rang up immediately. The guy working the register was quite surprised.

Of course today a ton of :360: NCAA 13 pop up in the OKC area as "in stock" at several GS stores. Must've had a mass of trade-ins yesterday. ;)

So yeah, if you need NCAA Football '13 in the OKC area, pretty much any Gamestop should have it in stock.

I know it is always a risk ordering online, but what is the likelihood NCAA 13 and MLB The Show 12 (being newer titles) will have cases and manuals? I don't have time to run out to the store today, so online is my only option.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']I know it is always a risk ordering online, but what is the likelihood NCAA 13 and MLB The Show 12 (being newer titles) will have cases and manuals? I don't have time to run out to the store today, so online is my only option.[/QUOTE]
you never know but with newer games chances are good you'l get the original case/manual. You also have 14 days to return/exchange used games from online orders.

Got my copy of NCAA 13 for the 360 for $20.24 :)
Also picked up FIFA 07 for $2.24

Gonna go pick up All Pro Football 2K8, NHL 2K6 and NFL Head Coach 09 all for under $4!
(yes, I'm an achievement whore.)

Thanks for the heads up guys,

Went ahead and bought NCAA 13 & Arkham Asylum for PS3 online since my local GS didn't have NCAA 13. If I don't like NCAA 13 or whatever I'll just trade it back in to BB. Hopefully the TiV will stay solid for awhile.

Man, I'm used to just using my GCs.. t hurts paying with real monayy haha.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']I know it is always a risk ordering online, but what is the likelihood NCAA 13 and MLB The Show 12 (being newer titles) will have cases and manuals? I don't have time to run out to the store today, so online is my only option.[/QUOTE]

NCAA 13 doesn't even have a physical manual, it's in-game (and online):

https://help.ea.com/article/ncaa-football-13-manuals

[quote name='mossfan563']Got my copy of NCAA 13 for the 360 for $20.24 :)
Also picked up FIFA 07 for $2.24

Gonna go pick up All Pro Football 2K8, NHL 2K6 and NFL Head Coach 09 all for under $4!
(yes, I'm an achievement whore.)[/QUOTE]

I'm not an achievement whore, I just really want Head Coach haha. Does the Blitz games count into this? Cause I never got a chance to play Blitz 2 and I've wanted to.

All Pro Football actually was pretty good if I remember right.

Hoping to get lucky with NCAA 13 & NBA 2k12 since I've wanted to play both for a while. Though I'm not a huge college football guy so if that's gone, no huge loss for me.

With the 50% trade in bonus towards preowned games this weekend, you can trade NCAA 13 back to GameStop for $45. I know a lot of people around here hate on GameStop, but that sounds pretty good to me!

[quote name='wrestlerLAW']With the 50% trade in bonus towards preowned games this weekend, you can trade NCAA 13 back to GameStop for $45. I know a lot of people around here hate on GameStop, but that sounds pretty good to me![/QUOTE]

It doesn't work that way. $30 trade value is a promotion. So it's either $30 or what ever the real trade value is plus 50%.

Well, the manager of the store is the one who rang me up. And he is the one who told me that it would trade in for $45. So I just assumed he knew what he was talking about.

[quote name='wrestlerLAW']Well, the manager of the store is the one who rang me up. And he is the one who told me that it would trade in for $45. So I just assumed he knew what he was talking about.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you are right. Who knows?

[quote name='tuffguycore']I'm not an achievement whore, I just really want Head Coach haha. Does the Blitz games count into this? Cause I never got a chance to play Blitz 2 and I've wanted to.

All Pro Football actually was pretty good if I remember right.

Hoping to get lucky with NCAA 13 & NBA 2k12 since I've wanted to play both for a while. Though I'm not a huge college football guy so if that's gone, no huge loss for me.[/QUOTE]

Blitz should count because it is a sports game. (not talking about the XBLA arcade game for those who are confused)

I ended up just ordering NCAA 12 instead of 13. I don't need the newer one, and don't plan on flipping it anyway. Also giving PGA Tour 12 a try.

[quote name='boogie4114']So is this promo now ringing up automatically in store today or does it still require an override?[/QUOTE]

Yes it rings up in-store. However, I would bring the print ad from the gamestock promo website just in case the people there don't know about it. It's about 15% YMMV.

[quote name='Flacksguy']I ended up just ordering NCAA 12 instead of 13. I don't need the newer one, and don't plan on flipping it anyway. Also giving PGA Tour 12 a try.[/QUOTE]

heads up, i heard there was some glitch / bug issue with ncaa 12. i am not sure if it is fixed or not

[quote name='dorkyden']what is 15%?[/QUOTE]

bring the printed ad just in case, just in case gamestop tries to deny you

[quote name='Timenice']Every one said racing games didn't count so I didn't look.
But tonight was looking at the website and dirt showdown is on the sports catagory.
Would of been nice to get that.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='godsmack13']Just got Forza 4. Did not ring up half off, but the girl thought she read racing games do count, so she called her DM, who authorized the the override. Still sounding hit or miss for Forza.[/QUOTE]

HOLD UP, I'm just soo confused....are racing games now part of the deal or not!? I thought they weren't but there is so many conflicting posts!!

For those of you ordering online, double check the tax rate being applied. I was charged almost double the local tax rate. A quick phone call will get it sorted out.

[quote name='YBX87']heads up, i heard there was some glitch / bug issue with ncaa 12. i am not sure if it is fixed or not[/QUOTE]

There's quite a few of em actually at least on the 360 copy. For one it will randomly freeze. Oh and also if he plans to export to madden there's a bug with that too that they never fixed.

I could not get any Gamestops (4) to discount me a racing game. An AUTHENTIC racing game Like Gran Turismo (not a need for speed)

Guess it depends on your area. YMMV

People in my area don't consider racing a sport. I brought up Nascar and the employee bust out laughing.

Funny because if you search SPORTS category on Gamespot.com You will find racing games

[quote name='mossfan563']Blitz should count because it is a sports game. (not talking about the XBLA arcade game for those who are confused)[/QUOTE]

Blitz does count. I picked up Blitz: The league 2 for PS3 yesterday online, only $10. Highly recommend, much more entertaining an Madden.

Also, MLB 12: The Show used is available online now. Just picked up a copy.

[quote name='dopehat']There's quite a few of em actually at least on the 360 copy. For one it will randomly freeze. Oh and also if he plans to export to madden there's a bug with that too that they never fixed.[/QUOTE]

July 31 patch is supposed to address this.

I froze 1x pre-patch. have not since. cant speak to the madden bug.

[quote name='kerouac kid']For those of you ordering online, double check the tax rate being applied. I was charged almost double the local tax rate. A quick phone call will get it sorted out.[/QUOTE]
I called them and asked the CS Rep about it, and she told me it was due to it being "estimated", and that on her end she is seeing it for $4.xx as opposed to $8.xx that I was charged. Told me it would take 2 business days to get it fixed.

Glad you caught that lol, I knew something was off but really I didn't pay enough attention to really catch it until you mentioned it. Thanks!

picked up NCAA 13, but the online pass card that was included was used by the previous owner. Anyone have one they don't plan on using? I have a few 48 hour Live codes that I'd be happy to part with.

I paid 24.01. Was I supposed to get an "Edge" discount of 10%? That's how it rings up online...with a total of $20.25 prior to tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Is anyone able to place an order online for In-Store Pickup?

Whenever I try to submit any order it just keeps saying that it is being submitted.[/QUOTE]

I think in-store pickup has been temporarily disabled. Gamestop is doing this one first come first serve.

Instore Pick-up hasn't worked for me since 7/28

When i put a MK Vita on the side

[quote name='dopehat']There's quite a few of em actually at least on the 360 copy. For one it will randomly freeze. Oh and also if he plans to export to madden there's a bug with that too that they never fixed.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i had ordered ncaa 12 from bestbuy for $9.99, but after finding out the issues with the game. i passed on it, especially with ncaa 13 being released. i just did not want to deal with any headache

I did a couple for NCAA football 13 that went through yesterday. I even found a wii 2009 formula 1. No discount but I bought it anyway.

[quote name='kellte2']picked up NCAA 13, but the online pass card that was included was used by the previous owner. Anyone have one they don't plan on using? I have a few 48 hour Live codes that I'd be happy to part with.

I paid 24.01. Was I supposed to get an "Edge" discount of 10%? That's how it rings up online...hmm.[/QUOTE]

I have 1 from a BB tra...um..I have 1 you can try.

Got the game/s for $20.24/ea after PowerUp Pro discount. The PS3 copy had no code, the Xbox did have a code.

[quote name='doc_j88']I think in-store pickup has been temporarily disabled. Gamestop is doing this one first come first serve.

When i put a MK Vita on the side[/QUOTE]

It must be your computer/phone is it hasn't worked for you since 7/28. I did 1 the other day.

[quote name='kellte2']picked up NCAA 13, but the online pass card that was included was used by the previous owner. Anyone have one they don't plan on using? I have a few 48 hour Live codes that I'd be happy to part with.

I paid 24.01. Was I supposed to get an "Edge" discount of 10%? That's how it rings up online...with a total of $20.25 prior to tax.[/QUOTE]

Don't online passes for gamestop preowned games get printed on the receipt now? Or is that not the case for EA games or only in store?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I have 1 from a BB tra...um..I have 1 you can try.

Got the game/s for $20.24/ea after PowerUp Pro discount. The PS3 copy had no code, the Xbox did have a code.
[/QUOTE]
Wellllll crap! Now I kinda wonder if it might be worth getting a PowerUp Pro sub. I could've saved $5 already.

[quote name='doc_j88']I think in-store pickup has been temporarily disabled. Gamestop is doing this one first come first serve.

[/QUOTE]

It was working fine for me yesterday afternoon, then by yesterday evening I couldn't get anything to submit.

[quote name='Charlie Dynamite']thanks man..i have a couple around, but the 2 closest ones say i need a receipt or be able to prove i bought it there. i havent tried calling the ones further away.[/QUOTE]

You need a receipt to trade in? I know you need a receipt to exchange or return. Maybe the people at the BB think that's what you are trying to do.

[quote name='violentfox']so is this only online?[/QUOTE]

no, but the problem is actually finding a store with used copies of the game, and the store actually honoring it. some posters had reported of some games not ringing up automatically

bread's done
Back