GameStop: Half Off Used Sports Games 8/1-8/2only

[quote name='eXiON']Wellllll crap! Now I kinda wonder if it might be worth getting a PowerUp Pro sub. I could've saved $5 already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. For my Best Buy membership and the GS 1, I used a game to pay for them(taken out of the trade amount).

The Best Buy 1 is SUPER-WORTH-IT!!!!!

[quote name='eXiON']Wellllll crap! Now I kinda wonder if it might be worth getting a PowerUp Pro sub. I could've saved $5 already.[/QUOTE]
Yup. I got an NCAA for the XBOX and PS3 and the guy told me I might as well get a premium card. I ponied up the $15 but I got $5 off and a buy 2 get 1 free coupon on the way.

Once I get that coupon I'll return these two games, buy them again, and get another free.

Plus I plan on trading in the NBA 2k12 I got from the Best Buy deal of the day. Add 10% to that trade in as well.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Yeah. For my Best Buy membership and the GS 1, I used a game to pay for them(taken out of the trade amount).

[quote name='chris00cm']Yup. I got an NCAA for the XBOX and PS3 and the guy told me I might as well get a premium card. I ponied up the $15 but I got $5 off and a buy 2 get 1 free coupon on the way.

Once I get that coupon I'll return these two games, buy them again, and get another free.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if that will work, not positive but you would have to return those games and the promo is over today..

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Yeah. For my Best Buy membership and the GS 1, I used a game to pay for them(taken out of the trade amount).

[quote name='merchie89']Not sure if that will work, not positive but you would have to return those games and the promo is over today..[/QUOTE]

lol, he is in for a rude awakening

Just got back from Gamestop trip #2.

Got NFL Head Coach 09 (originally $1.99) for $0.89 w/ PUR pro
Got NHL 2K6 (originally $0.99) for $0.44 w/ PUR pro
Got All-Pro Football 2K8 (originally $2.99) for $1.34 w/ PUR pro
Total $2.91 w/ tax! :)

Just realized that from my first trip to Gamestop is that when I bought FIFA 07, I saw he never gave me the disc....so fail on my part. Going to that Gamestop again tomorrow!

[quote name='mossfan563']just got back from gamestop trip #2.

Got nfl head coach 09 (originally $1.99) for $0.89 w/ pur pro
got nhl 2k6 (originally $0.99) for $0.44 w/ pur pro
got all-pro football 2k8 (originally $2.99) for $1.34 w/ pur pro
total $2.91 w/ tax! :)

just realized that from my first trip to gamestop is that when i bought fifa 07, i saw he never gave me the disc....so fail on my part. Going to that gamestop again tomorrow![/quote]

lol, that is horrible

For those wondering why in-store pick-up may not be working is because they only let you attempt up to 3 a day even if the order cannot be fulfilled if you have been making multiple attempts a day. I learned when I tried to order the same game more than 3 times a day because the store couldnt fulfill it on multiple occassions.

Thanks again CAGers! I'm now the proud owner of mlb 12 the show($22) and top spin 4($12) and i wouldnt have been able to do it without you.

-ps. i believe on the GameStop side this had to be the most botched company sale that i ahve seen yet. As i have been to 4 stores(NYC) and had to convince each of them about the deal. some told me i had to be signed up as a power member others said i only got the deal if i traded in a game. some said they arent doing the deal. but one lonely store didn't care and gave me my games with no hastle.
sort it out gamestop until then i'll continue to shop at Bestbuy.

Has anyone thought of flipping and stack? Buy 2 ncaa = $44 . Flip at another game stop = $60 . Buy another 2 with the same credit = $16 left. flip again = $76, buy 3 copies and so on. :) a $100 investment can make a 230 by 2nd flip :)

Remember when you pay with credit, you don't pay taxes

[quote name='merchie89']Not sure if that will work, not positive but you would have to return those games and the promo is over today..[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.

[quote name='chris00cm']Yup. I got an NCAA for the XBOX and PS3 and the guy told me I might as well get a premium card. I ponied up the $15 but I got $5 off and a buy 2 get 1 free coupon on the way.

Once I get that coupon I'll return these two games, buy them again, and get another free.

Plus I plan on trading in the NBA 2k12 I got from the Best Buy deal of the day. Add 10% to that trade in as well.[/QUOTE]

Go to poweruprewards.com and click on your 'offers'. The coupon may be there, now. Get that done today!

i want to pick up fight night champion but none of my local stores have it, also bestbuy is selling it new for 14.99 but again none of my local stores have it.

think i can get walmart or target to pricematch bestbuys price

bestbuy has none in stock and said it is a "deleted" item

Got MLB The Show 12 for $17.09. Just like buying new. Perfect condition and I even got a free online pass with the receipt. I think they are doing that these two days with all the used sports games.

Thanks again CAGers! I'm now the proud owner of mlb 12 the show($22) and top spin 4($12) and i wouldnt have been able to do it without you.

Can i ask why you paid so much for The Show? It's $37.99 used so even without the 10% pro discount it should have been 18. I thought Gamestop prices are universal?

Bought NBA 2K12 and MLB the Show 10 but i need to go back tommorow because my xbox cant read the NBA Game hopefully they have another copy.

Man, called around to find a Forza 4 with the actual case, found one, asked before I left if it would get the 50% off, he said well it's a sports title so it should, I drive down there, it rings up as normal price, I'm like why didn't it get the 50% off? He says it's not part of that deal, despite it being the same guy. I asked why he didn't tell me that before I drove across town for it, he said he assumed I'd buy it anyways.

:(

c'mon. someone out there must be able to try this:

must already own NCAA 13.

1) go to GS and find used copy of NCAA13
2) convince store (if necc) to give you 50% used sports game
3) Pay ~$24 or whatever it costs after discount (and PUR if applicable)
4) announce you have a trade-in
5) use old copy of NCAA 13 to trade for new (used) copy. (GS currently is promising $30 for NCAA)
6) Walk away with $6-8 in free credit.

why not?

[quote name='Charlie Dynamite']Ive been on this site a long time, just never really post..quick question, i see people talking about trading in some of these sports games to best buy, but how? the ones by me only take trade ins if you can prove you bought them at that best buy? they ask for a receipt or say theyll look it up on the computer if you used your card. im guessing this isnt the case everywhere then?[/QUOTE]

In most places, BB takes in all. You live in an area subject to pawn shop laws like I do and we can only trade in games we bought from the store. Gamestop skirts those laws because they are considered a "specialty store" where used games are their primary business. Not so with BB.

Was gonna pick up 1 or 2 NCAA 13s to flip to Best Buy today after work but forgot *doh*

Oh well, not gonna go drive back into town, since I'd then have to drive 20 minutes in the opposite direction to trade it in.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']c'mon. someone out there must be able to try this:

must already own NCAA 13.

1) go to GS and find used copy of NCAA13
2) convince store (if necc) to give you 50% used sports game
3) Pay ~$24 or whatever it costs after discount (and PUR if applicable)
4) announce you have a trade-in
5) use old copy of NCAA 13 to trade for new (used) copy. (GS currently is promising $30 for NCAA)
6) Walk away with $6-8 in free credit.

why not?[/QUOTE]

Is this to test the limits of a trading ban?

[quote name='brauma']Man, called around to find a Forza 4 with the actual case, found one, asked before I left if it would get the 50% off, he said well it's a sports title so it should, I drive down there, it rings up as normal price, I'm like why didn't it get the 50% off? He says it's not part of that deal, despite it being the same guy. I asked why he didn't tell me that before I drove across town for it, he said he assumed I'd buy it anyways.

:([/QUOTE]

I did the same exact thing. Luckily the guy actually called my house 2 times :shock: to let me know it wouldn't work. I ended up giving him all 10 s from yesterday's survey and called him back to thank him for the phone call. I figured he is one of the few helpful employees, so hopefully the perfect survey will help him out.

[quote name='brauma']Man, called around to find a Forza 4 with the actual case, found one, asked before I left if it would get the 50% off, he said well it's a sports title so it should, I drive down there, it rings up as normal price, I'm like why didn't it get the 50% off? He says it's not part of that deal, despite it being the same guy. I asked why he didn't tell me that before I drove across town for it, he said he assumed I'd buy it anyways.

what an ass.

TellGameStop.com and leave a survey (You can do it without a purchase) about exactly what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if you get some sort of compensation, or at least that guy will be punished. :D

Ok, so when I added NCAA 13 to my cart, it says "NCAA Football 13 is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart". Why does it say that? I really want NCAA for this price.

What luck! I managed to find a copy of NCAA 13.... I go to pick it up and the microsoft certified sticker is still intact! Brand new game plus online code for $20. The gaming gods have smiled upon me!

Awesome opportunity to pick up some of the older sports titles that have either been discontinued or were one-shots.

Picked up NCAA Basketball 10, Backbreaker, Blitz: The League II and WWE All-Stars. All games that are about $20 or more currently.

I was a bit bummed out that racing games weren't included in the sale. One store had Test Drive: Ferrari Legends preowned, which would have been awesome to snag.

Part of me want take to snag NBA Ballers and/or NFL Tour while the opportunity is present. But that could be my crazy side talking.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Is this to test the limits of a trading ban?[/QUOTE]

A certain store let a certain person buy, trade in(w/ preorder) and buy again. But yeah the base is only $18, so it's not really in your favor to attempt to abuse it tomorrow with the 50%. They already nuked the TIV. At least that certain person got a free preorder and a few extra bones for testing out the $30 loop. lol

[quote name='Regian']Awesome opportunity to pick up some of the older sports titles that have either been discontinued or were one-shots.

Picked up NCAA Basketball 10, Backbreaker, Blitz: The League II and WWE All-Stars. All games that are about $20 or more currently.

I was a bit bummed out that racing games weren't included in the sale. One store had Test Drive: Ferrari Legends preowned, which would have been awesome to snag.

Part of me want take to snag NBA Ballers and/or NFL Tour while the opportunity is present. But that could be my crazy side talking.[/QUOTE]

Someone doesn't know the value of it>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Test-Drive-...4280?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337983ab38

You might get it for cheap!

The gamestop I did in-store pickup for NCAA 13 screwed up somehow, and didn't have a disc for me when I got to the store, so they just gave me 50% off a NEW copy instead. I had to spend a few extra dollars, but I left happy.

[quote name='JP73']Got MLB The Show 12 for $17.09. Just like buying new. Perfect condition and I even got a free online pass with the receipt. I think they are doing that these two days with all the used sports games.

Can i ask why you paid so much for The Show? It's $37.99 used so even without the 10% pro discount it should have been 18. I thought Gamestop prices are universal?[/QUOTE]

that was my mistake i did only pay $17.09. thanks for the concern though. :)

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']The gamestop I did in-store pickup for NCAA 13 screwed up somehow, and didn't have a disc for me when I got to the store, so they just gave me 50% off a NEW copy instead. I had to spend a few extra dollars, but I left happy.[/QUOTE]

You actually got a better deal than most. Even at $20.xx used, most people still have to shell out another $10 for an Online Pass. You got everything for $25 (assuming they gave you 50% off the current sale price).

Does fight night round 4 need an online pass to play it online? It's priced at $13, so 50% off is $6.5 and I have a $5 off coupon worth 4000 points that I could use to get it for $1.5.

I don't want to get Fight Night champion because I'm afraid it will need an online pass and buying it used doesn't make sense then since most probably I won't get an online pass.

[quote name='Turbojugend']You actually got a better deal than most. Even at $20.xx used, most people still have to shell out another $10 for an Online Pass. You got everything for $25 (assuming they gave you 50% off the current sale price).[/QUOTE]

Yup, came to right around $27 total. That's the way the employee was trying to put it to me, that for an extra 5 bucks or so I was getting a confirmed unused online pass, and a brand new disc. Since I have no intentions on flipping, I figured it to be a pretty good trade-off.

I just bought forza 3 and 4 for $25~. Question, Does the ultimate edition of forza 3 is in seperate disc or does it also say on the game disc?

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Does fight night round 4 need an online pass to play it online? It's priced at $13, so 50% off is $6.5 and I have a $5 off coupon worth 4000 points that I could use to get it for $1.5.

I don't want to get Fight Night champion because I'm afraid it will need an online pass and buying it used doesn't make sense then since most probably I won't get an online pass.[/QUOTE]

I would assume since it is EA FN Round 4 needs a pass. You may want to look on EAs site because with it being that old the server may not even still be up. IF it is I would bet its not very active.
Suprised more guys aren't gettin NCAA Basketball 10 with the sale. That games sells for 40 or more on Ebay once March hits.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']The gamestop I did in-store pickup for NCAA 13 screwed up somehow, and didn't have a disc for me when I got to the store, so they just gave me 50% off a NEW copy instead. I had to spend a few extra dollars, but I left happy.[/QUOTE]

GS and great customer service? Now that's a new one. Very classy on their part.

Ugh today was a mess.

Went in to pick up my hold of MLB The Show 12, got WWE 12, and Undisputed 3 as well and used my B2G1 coupon.

The girl couldn't find my copy of The Show. She looked all over only to find out the guy who pulled it from the shelf put it in the wrong place. Then when she tried to scan the coupon, it wouldn't work. She then just had to take off money from two of the games, but I still didn't technically paid more than I should have, but I didn't fight it cause I was tired and in pain due to fucking up my arm somehow.

This fat neckbeard loser behind me got mad cause I was taking so long and left the store. I was leaving the mall and the guy was bitching to someone how he didn't get the games he wanted cause "some GUY was too busy hitting on the employee."

Yeah. Cause all the girls get wet when it comes to convos about misplaced games and coupons that aren't working. I mean yeah the girl was cute and all, but she had a ring on her finger, and I'm not some creeper gamer douche that feels like I need to hit on any cute girl I see in a game store.

Idiot.

fight night round 4 does not need an online pass and the servers are def still up

still not sure which i want to keep, nba 2k11 or 2k12. they both play pretty similar. IE it's impossible to play man on man defense and stay in front of your guy, the dribble moves are insanely over complicated, you cannot make passes on the interior without getting intercepted, etc. not sure which one would be better to just have for pick up and play games with friends who won't learn the 6 different ways to pass and so on. 2k11's roster share is down permanently so for that reason i'm kinda leaning 2k12.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yeah. Cause all the girls get wet when it comes to convos about misplaced games and coupons that aren't working.[/QUOTE]

If only... :lol:

[quote name='mrclutch'][quote name='arsenal_fan']Does fight night round 4 need an online pass to play it online? It's priced at $13, so 50% off is $6.5 and I have a $5 off coupon worth 4000 points that I could use to get it for $1.5.

I don't want to get Fight Night champion because I'm afraid it will need an online pass and buying it used doesn't make sense then since most probably I won't get an online pass.[/QUOTE]
I would assume since it is EA FN Round 4 needs a pass. You may want to look on EAs site because with it being that old the server may not even still be up. IF it is I would bet its not very active.
Suprised more guys aren't gettin NCAA Basketball 10 with the sale. That games sells for 40 or more on Ebay once March hits.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't need an online pass and the servers are still up if you still wanna play online. The servers are definitely not that active.

Ended up getting an override on a Forza 4 copy. Also had the guy trying to make my b2g1 work, but then the manager came back out and over heard. Said one or the other.

Oh well, I'll take my Forza 4 and enjoy it for a couple weeks. Ended up using the rest of my GS credit and only had to pay $2. I'll take it. Games also mint and has an online code inside, unsure if it's used or not.

bread's done
Back