Gamestop in Canada

imcrazy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was walking down West 8th Avenue near Cambie and I noticed a gamestop (part of the home depot mall thing there). I heard there is one somewhere in Ontario too, anyone else notice these going up?

Yep, as GameStop bought out EB Games a couple years ago, any new stores being opened will carry the GameStop name and I believe any stores whose lease runs out will change over to GameStop as well. There are quite a few around now, even in smaller towns like Brockville and Cornwall near here.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']huh. never seen one in my life. whats the difference? :/[/quote]
Nothing, just the name. GameStop was the bigger company and bought out EB Games and for the past few years it's been the same company, everything about the stores were identical. But as the chain is now GameStop and not EB Games, they are phasing out the EB name.

[quote name='greywolf501']Nothing, just the name. GameStop was the bigger company and bought out EB Games and for the past few years it's been the same company, everything about the stores were identical. But as the chain is now GameStop and not EB Games, they are phasing out the EB name.[/quote]

huh.. when did gamestop buy Eb? i didnt really care for games untill like 1 year ago...

I don't know the exact date. It doesn't really matter though because the prices for the games are all the same. I suggest not to even buy from GS if you can. Going online and buying game from Online Retailers is the way to go if you ask me.

gamestop did buy out eb about 2 years ago but was no the bigger company. It just so happen that Steve Morgan was selling and Dick Fontaine was buying.

What annoys me is the website Gamespot and the retailer Gamestop. I actually knew about the website first, and had to do a double-take when I saw a Gamestop.

[quote name='Ranzo']gamestop did buy out eb about 2 years ago but was no the bigger company. It just so happen that Steve Morgan was selling and Dick Fontaine was buying.[/quote]

wasnt it JAMES KIM?

So whats going to happen to EB??? Are they gone?
Any major changes?

I remember a while back when all the Music World's were closing, people said they were going to turn into Gamestops, but that never happened, right? I've never seen a Gamestop so I just assumed the EB's were never going to change...except that all the bags I get do have the "Gamestop" logo on it. But I'll have to check out that one on Spadina, just to see it for myself. xD

Lone_Prodigy, I feel the same way about the Gamespot/Gamestop thing. I knew about the website first, so when I saw people talking about "Gamestop", I had no idea what was going on. I still get confused somtimes.

[quote name='Shabbah']yeah i just saw a gamestop pop up near morningside and kingston in ontario (scarborough)[/quote]

Yea i was in that one yesterday looking for Star Ocean 4, theres a brown guy that works there and he knows his stuff and is very nice, and theres also this ugly ass white guy who is a complete ass and fanboy.

i am not a fan of the employees working at the Gamestop on bloor. they goof around, ignore customers, playfight, look grubby & unproffesional and i have seem them playing PS3 BEHIND THE COUNTER on a tv set up just for them. what the eff ???

jerks should have hired me instead. its my goal in life to get them written up

[quote name='markj']ive seen a gamestop in lasalle, in the same mall there is also an eb which is strange...[/QUOTE]

also in place rosemere there is a gamestop and a EB

[quote name='Load3r']i am not a fan of the employees working at the Gamestop on bloor. they goof around, ignore customers, playfight, look grubby & unproffesional and i have seem them playing PS3 BEHIND THE COUNTER on a tv set up just for them. what the eff ???

jerks should have hired me instead. its my goal in life to get them written up[/quote]

Ironically, I was in there for the first time today, and I thought they were friendly.. and the store was clean. Much better than EBgames Spadina and Queen location.. but after reading your post.. maybe not.. haha.

bread's done
Back