Gamestop IN store pick up

Persona7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Well, who has used this before? I am thinking about using it to buy Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts.

Will I still get the preorder bonus via email or in store? Also, does the game SHIP to the store on the release date or will it be there waiting for me on the exact day the game is released? The website says that it will SHIP on the 11th which is the release day....If its going to take a few days to get to the store I might as well just pay the 4$ for 3 day shipping to my house instead of driving the ten miles. I will be in town on the 11th though for the veterans parade (and maybe banjo!)

Any feedback from people who have used it is appreciated.

I've used it a couple of times. Your game will be available on release day, assuming they get their shipments on release day. I don't know about physical bonuses, though. I suspect it will boil down to first-come, first-serve, like other in-store pre-orders.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I just went ahead and put my order on In Store Pick up, I will let you all know what happens come the 11th. :)

I have one more questions, when does Gamestop.com charge my gift card? I have the Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts in my order history but its on a preorder but its awaiting shipment.

Damn, I had screwed up the order but I fixed it to go to the correct store. I had to input my credit card and then they will take my gift card in store. I had to cancel the first order and make a complete new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think GS may have charged you at the time of the order in the past, but not anymore. They charge all of my pre-orders when the stuff is "processed." So, not exactly when it is shipped, but usually the week before release.

For an in store pickup, you pay for the game when you pick it up at the store.

[quote name='Ziv']For an in store pickup, you pay for the game when you pick it up at the store.[/quote]

Indeed. I completely forgot what the topic was even about for a moment. Nothing is charged until you pick up the game. If you don't pick it up within 48 hours, you get charged a $5 fee.

I hope you don't mind if I post here asking a question with in store pick up option.

My question is I have a few games I want to pre-order and use the in store pick up do the store treat it like a pre-order like when I go in on the day they get the game in will it be shrinked wraped and on hold or will I get a gutted game?

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I hope you don't mind if I post here asking a question with in store pick up option.

My question is I have a few games I want to pre-order and use the in store pick up do the store treat it like a pre-order like when I go in on the day they get the game in will it be shrinked wraped and on hold or will I get a gutted game?[/quote]

They treat it like any other pre-order. It should be shrinkwrapped. Over the years, there have been a handful of reports of them opening pre-orders, as well, but if you have never encountered this, it shouldn't be an issue.

I did this with Gears Of War 2 too. What do I bring to the store? It said something about bringing a confirmation or something? Do I have to print something from my order history or can I just go to the store and tell them My Name and phone number and they will give it to me?

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I hope you don't mind if I post here asking a question with in store pick up option.

My question is I have a few games I want to pre-order and use the in store pick up do the store treat it like a pre-order like when I go in on the day they get the game in will it be shrinked wraped and on hold or will I get a gutted game?[/QUOTE] Well you never know, I would say get their as soon as they open so you can get a sealed copy. If you wait a few hours while others pick up their preorders you MIGHT be left with the guts at the end of the day. :(

I had it happen to me once, but I turned it down and bought it at Target right down the street.

Also, thanks for the info everyone I did not know they charge me when I pick up the game. I printed out the receipt for when I pick the game up.

_> Will they email me the Banjo preorder code OR will I receive it in store?

bread's done
Back