Gamestop is selling Vita games early any chance on the console too before 2/22?

ZiggyGod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Sony has let some retailers like Gamestop sell some games and accessories early as of today. What are the chances Sony will let retailers sell all Vita models on 2/14 instead of 2/22? Just curious and some wishful thinking. :)

Also can someone confirm this? I saw it on another post.
"Apparently Amazon in Canada is starting to bill and ship the regular (2/22) Vitas."

With the temporary $20 price drop on the 3DS this month, it'd be interesting to see if Sony will allow GameStop to sell Vitas early.

[quote name='AndrewCP']With the temporary $20 price drop on the 3DS this month, it'd be interesting to see if Sony will allow GameStop to sell Vitas early.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was surprised about the price drop. Does anyone think the 3DS will have a redesign this year?

Anyways I doubt Sony would let them do that and possibly the customers who bought the FEB upset.

[quote name='JG5253']Agreed. I was surprised about the price drop. Does anyone think the 3DS will have a redesign this year?

Anyways I doubt Sony would let them do that and possibly the customers who bought the FEB upset.[/QUOTE]

Eurogamer said it best on thier review of the circle pad pro
"It feels like a stop-gap product, too and only a fool would bet against Nintendo shortly announcing a revised 3DS console that incorporates the myriad interface improvements witnessed here."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-3ds-circle-pad-pro-review...

I tried pushing my luck and spoke to a customer service rep via Amazon US site. They told me no on the shipping early both sites operate independently. It was worth a shot though.

I highly doubt Amazon.com US will start shipping the Vitas early. Only way I can see that happening is if they ship the FEB this week and the standard systems next week.

[quote name='ZiggyGod']Sony has let some retailers like Gamestop sell some games and accessories early as of today.[/QUOTE]

Games and accessories almost always have soft street dates for new consoles. They'll usually not street dated like an actual system is.

Is anyone going to wait for the digital versions to save maybe 10% buying games off of PSN?
Does PSN charge sales tax? (I havent bought a game since warhawk was released)

Per kotaku-
--The most recent PlayStation Store update has quietly delivered five PS Vita titles—discoverable by search—that show the digital versions costing between $3 and $5 less than their retail versions.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss is listed for $45; it's $50 at retail. Modnation Racers: Road Trip comes in at $27 ($30 MSRP). Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is $36 (versus $40 at retail.)
---

Personally, I think the discount should be closer to 25%. Since we can't sell our copies or even loan our copies out to friends.

Also it will be interesting to see what happens to games on the PSN after 1,2,3,4,5,6+ months and the cost of retail versions have dropped 20+ dollars. Will the PSN digital version be discounted as well?

Just one of the things I didnt like about the GO was the pricepoints for digital games on PSN.

I'm getting mine on the 15th because of the First Edition Bundle and they started to sell games online as well. The early store sales I believe are first party titles to give them a sales advantage.

As in for the price of the games, I don't see how it's a big deal, they sell it at 10% cheaper for the convience of not needing to put in a cartridge to play the game. I think it's a bit greedy to say it should be 25%, why should Sony care about what you sell it back to gamestop when they don't see any of those $s.

bread's done
Back